Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Life"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- After traveling for six years, the Lord fixed His residence at Jagannatha Puri and stayed there for the eighteen remaining years of His life. During these eighteen years He mainly chanted Hare Krsna with His devotees
- All glories to Lord Nityananda, who is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's very life! And all glories to Advaita Acarya, who is extremely dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu!
- Anyone who desires to cross over the ocean of nescience, please hear with great faith the life and characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- As far as possible, very cautiously and very rarely we shall present. Caitanya Mahaprabhu's life we see that in public He never discussed about Krsna's lila with the gopis. That was very confidential discussion amongst His own circle
- I am merely a gardener. I have neither a kingdom nor very great riches. I simply have some fruits and flowers that I wish to utilize to achieve piety in My life
- I do not mind My personal distress. I only wish for the happiness of Krsna, for His happiness is the goal of My life. However, if He feels great happiness in giving Me distress, that distress is the best of My happiness
- I have gotten that Lord of My life, for whom I was burning in the fire of lusty desires
- If He likes He can tightly embrace Me and make Me feel oneness with Him, or by not giving Me His audience, He may corrode My mind and body. Nevertheless, it is He who is the Lord of My life
- In the feature of Lord Caitanya, the Lord is an ideal renouncer, just as Sri Rama was an ideal king. Lord Caitanya accepted the order of sannyasa and exemplified exceedingly wonderful principles in His own life
- In the First Chapter I have given a synopsis of the last pastimes (antya-lila). Within this chapter is a vivid description of some of the pastimes of the Lord that took place toward the end of His life
- It is very well known that whatever Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught in His life as acarya, He Himself practiced
- Krsna is the reservoir of art and culture, and He is the panacea that saves My life. O My dear friend, since I live without Him, who is the best among My friends, I condemn the duration of My life. I think that Providence has cheated Me in many ways
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja was requested to write the CC by the devotees of Vrndavana. Although he began this work at a very old age, by the grace of Caitanya he finished it. Today it remains the most authoritative book on Caitanya Mahaprabhu's philosophy & life
- Lord Caitanya considered, "without wife, there is no meaning to householder life." Thus the Lord decided to marry
- Lord Caitanya prayed, "You (Krsna) can either embrace Me or crush Me under Your feet - whatever You like. You may make Me brokenhearted by not letting Me see You throughout My whole life, but You are My only object of love"
- Murari Gupta, a physician and close associate of Sri Krsna Caitanya's, recorded extensive notes on the first twenty-four years of His life, culminating in His initiation into the renounced order, sannyasa
- My dear friend, just hear the decision of My mind. Krsna is the Lord of My life in all conditions, whether He shows Me affection or kills Me by giving Me unhappiness
- My dear Lord, kindly hear My true submission. My home is Vrndavana, and I wish Your association there. But if I do not get it, then it will be very difficult for Me to keep My life
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called all His devotees together and, holding them by the hand, humbly informed them, "You are all more dear to Me than My life. I can give up My life, but to give you up is difficult for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Indeed, not seeing the beautiful face of Krsna playing His flute, I continue to live My life like an insect, without purpose"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained in householder life for twenty-four years, and on the verge of His twenty-fifth year He accepted the sannyasa order
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to express His mind in this way: "Where is the Lord of My life, who is playing His flute? What shall I do now? Where should I go to find the son of Maharaja Nanda"
- Taking My words as defamation, Lord Krsna has left Me. I know that He is gone, but kindly hear My prayers in praise: 'You are the satisfaction of My eyes. You are My wealth and My life. Alas, please give Me your audience once again'
- The chief historical sources for the life of Sri Krsna Caitanya are the kadacas (diaries) kept by Murari Gupta and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- The early life of the Lord is most fascinatingly expressed by the author of Caitanya-bhagavata, and as far as the teachings are concerned, they are more vividly explained in the Caitanya-caritamrta
- The latter part of the life of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was recorded by His private secretary Sri Damodara Gosvami, or Srila Svarupa Damodara, who was practically a constant companion of the Lord at Puri
- The life and characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are exactly like an ocean of nectar, one drop of which can please the mind and ear
- The Lord thus enjoyed His life with His devotees. O devotees of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, now hear how Raghunatha dasa Gosvami met the Lord
- The Lord's (Caitanya's) early life was recorded by one of His chief devotees and contemporaries, namely Srila Murari Gupta, a medical practitioner of that time
- The pastimes of His household life are known as the adi-lila, or the original pastimes. His later pastimes are known as the madhya-lila and antya-lila, or the middle and final pastimes
- The women of Vrndavana are just like lilies growing hot in the sun of lusty desires. But moonlike Krsna makes them all jubilant by bestowing upon them the nectar of His hands. O My dear friend, where is My moon now? Save My life by showing Him to Me
- There is no need to print Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His Life and Precepts, it is already there in other books
- Therefore the Lord Himself, accepting the emotional ecstasy of the gopis, now addresses the son of Nanda Maharaja, "O master of My life! O My dear husband!"