Pages in category "Caitanya's Hearing"
The following 192 pages are in this category, out of 192 total.
- A brahmana from Bengal wrote a drama about the characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and came with his manuscript to induce the Lord to hear it
- Accompanied by His personal devotees, Caitanya went to the festival known as Laksmi-vijayotsava. There He discussed the superexcellent love of the gopis. Just by hearing about them, He became very pleased and danced in great ecstatic love for the Lord
- Actually You are speaking through my mouth, and at the same time You are listening. This is very mysterious. Anyway, kindly hear the explanation of the process by which the goal can be attained
- Advaita Acarya raised the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to help Him dance, but the Lord, after hearing the stanzas sung by Mukunda, could not be held due to His bodily symptoms
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak in this way, Caitanya Mahaprabhu again rejected his statement and said, "Go ahead and say something more." Ramananda Raya then replied, "Devotional service mixed with empiric knowledge is the essence of perfection"
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak of the qualities of Srimati Radharani and Krsna, Lord Caitanya desired to hear from him about the reciprocal exchange of love between Them
- After hearing the equivocal sonnet by Advaita Acarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quietly smiled. "That is His order," He said. Then He fell silent
- After hearing the Kazi speak so nicely, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched him and smilingly spoke as follows
- After hearing the Mayavadi sannyasis speak in that way, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled slightly and said, "My dear sirs, if you don't mind I can say something to you regarding Vedanta philosophy"
- After hearing the one hundred verses, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu happily embraced Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, who was immediately overwhelmed in ecstatic love of Godhead and fell unconscious
- After hearing the prayer of Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Dabira Khasa, you two brothers are My old servants"
- After hearing the prayers offered by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence, and the Bhattacarya, through Gopinatha Acarya, induced the Lord to accept lunch there
- After hearing the story about how His staff had been broken, the Lord expressed a little sadness and, displaying a bit of anger, began to speak as follows
- After hearing the vibration of a flute, I went to Vrndavana, and there I saw that Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, was playing on His flute in the pasturing grounds
- After hearing this appeal by Raghunatha dasa, Lord Nityananda Prabhu smiled and told all the devotees, Raghunatha dasa's standard of material happiness is equal to that of Indra, the King of heaven
- After hearing this criticism, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was doubtful and apprehensive. Therefore He called Govinda and instructed him as follows
- After hearing this description of Lord Krsna from the male parrot, the female parrot began to recite a description of Srimati Radharani
- After hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "That for which I have come to your residence has now become an object of truth in My knowledge"
- After hearing this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Ramananda Raya, and both of them, embracing shoulder to shoulder, began to cry
- After hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami was exceedingly astonished. He could understand, "My decision to commit suicide has not been greatly appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- After hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke in an angry mood. "You want to order Me to go to the King," He said
- After taking His seat, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to hear about a particular mellow of devotional service; therefore, mildly smiling, He began to question Svarupa Damodara
- Again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "Please say something. I want to hear." Understanding the situation, Ramananda Raya recited the following words of the gopis
- All the devotees informed Lord Caitanya of Sacimata's decision. Hearing it, the Lord became very pleased
- All the Vaisnavas praised the drama, saying, "Very good, very good." They also desired that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu hear the drama
- Although I heard this, I did not pay it any attention, and in the morning I went to the place named Kanai Natasala
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu knew that Damodara Pandita was a pure and simple devotee, upon hearing this impudent talk the Lord said, "My dear Damodara, what nonsense are you speaking?"
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was inwardly greatly pleased when He heard this verse, externally He spoke as if angry
- As he read the thousand names of the Lord, in due course the holy name of Lord Nrsimha appeared. When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the holy name of Lord Nrsimha, He became fully absorbed in thought
- As Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya arose from bed, he distinctly chanted, "Krsna, Krsna." Lord Caitanya was very pleased to hear him chant the holy name of Krsna
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard about Madhavendra Puri's relationship with the brahmana, He immediately offered obeisances at his feet. Becoming fearful, the brahmana also immediately fell at the Lord's feet
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard that Amogha was going to die, He immediately ran to him in great haste. Placing His hand on Amogha's chest, He spoke as follows
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this from the Bhattacarya, He immediately remembered Lord Visnu and began to speak humbly to him as follows
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza (My (Radharani's) feeling is like this: My mind burns day and night, and I can get no rest. If there were someplace I could go to meet Krsna, I would immediately fly there), His mind went to pieces
- As soon as He heard the word "woman," the Lord became externally conscious and turned back
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these words, He immediately welcomed Raghunatha dasa. "Come here," He said. Raghunatha dasa then clasped the lotus feet of the Lord, but the Lord stood up and embraced him out of His causeless mercy
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this news, He went there with all His personal associates. They then stood there and watched the elephants try to pull the car
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this proposal, He immediately covered His ears with His hands and said, "My dear Sarvabhauma, why are you requesting such an undesirable thing from Me"
- As soon as this brahmana (Bhagavata Acarya) saw Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he began to read Srimad-Bhagavatam. When Mahaprabhu heard his explanation, which expounded bhakti-yoga, He immediately became unconscious in ecstasy
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these talks, His ocean of transcendental bliss increased. He therefore told Svarupa Damodara, "Go on speaking, go on speaking." And thus Svarupa Damodara continued
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this from Haridasa Thakura, the happiness within His heart increased, but as a matter of course, He still inquired further
- Candrasekhara offered a new set of garments to Sanatana Gosvami, but Sanatana did not accept them. When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard news of this, He became unlimitedly happy
- Certainly I have not studied the art of literary embellishments. But I have heard about it from higher circles, and thus I can review this verse and find in it many faults and many good qualities
- Considering all these points, Svarupa Damodara concluded, "he has stopped inviting You." Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and spoke as follows
- First you hear it, and if it is acceptable to your mind, I shall request Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to hear it
- From Nityananda Prabhu, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the story of Ksira-curi Gopinatha and of the witness Gopala. Then Nityananda Prabhu broke the sannyasa rod belonging to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Having heard all these details, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly pleased, spoke as follows
- Having heard from Kasi Misra all these statements concerning the King's mentality, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very happy. At that time, Bhavananda Raya arrived there
- He (Caitanya) never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- He said, "I am a sannyasi, and I certainly consider Myself renounced. But what to speak of seeing a woman, if I even hear the name of a woman, I feel changes in My mind and body. Therefore who could remain unmoved by the sight of a woman?'
- He said, "My Lord, kindly hear me. I am a cripple-minded householder, the most fallen of men, but somehow, by my good fortune, I have received the shelter of Your lotus feet, which are rarely to be seen"
- He walked from garden to garden, seeing the pastimes of Lord Krsna and hearing and reciting songs and verses concerning the rasa-lila
- Hearing about this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was extremely sorry at heart, and in anger He chastised Gopinatha Pattanayaka
- Hearing all this blasphemy, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu merely smiled to Himself, rejected all these accusations and did not talk with the Mayavadis
- Hearing all this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was astonished. "These are actually My confidential pastimes," He thought. "How could Haridasa have understood them"
- Hearing Mukunda dasa give this proper decision, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed it, saying, "Yes, it is correct. One who awakens devotion to Krsna is certainly the spiritual master"
- Hearing the description of His condition while He had lain near the Simha-dvara, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very much astonished. He said, "I do not remember any of these things"
- Hearing the foolish student, the Lord became greatly angry and rebuked Lord Krsna in various ways. Taking up a stick, He rose to strike the student
- Hearing the name of Mukundara Mata, Lord Caitanya hesitated, but because of affection for Paramesvara, He did not say anything
- Hearing the song from a distance, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately became ecstatic. He did not know whether it was a man or a woman singing
- Hearing this and understanding the pandita's heart, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied in a humorous way
- Hearing this from Ramananda Raya, the Lord again requested him to go a step further. In reply, Ramananda Raya said, "Loving service to Krsna rendered in fraternity is the highest perfection"
- Hearing this news, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately went to see Sri Ranga Puri at the brahmana's home. Upon entering, the Lord saw him sitting there
- Hearing this news, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, He has done very well by no longer standing at the Simha-dvara gate. Such begging of alms resembles the behavior of a prostitute
- Hearing this news, the Lord was very pleased. Who can understand the mercy of the Lord upon His devotee
- Hearing this reply, the Lord said in ecstasy, "Go on talking! Go on talking!" Thus Srivasa described the transcendental mellows of the pastimes of Sri Vrndavana
- Hearing this, Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared greatly angry, and in that angry mood He spoke some words chastising him
- Hearing this, I became very happy. I then raised Murari Gupta and embraced him
- Hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughed with satisfaction and immediately called Kamalakanta Visvasa
- Hearing this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Vallabha Bhatta, you do not know religious principles. Actually, the first duty of a chaste woman is to carry out the order of her husband"
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted their proposal by smiling mildly. Thus those two persons continued to accompany Him
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy. After excavating the cave, He saw the three deities
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu mildly smiled. The brahmana then spoke again to the Lord
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Do not speak like that. Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya has shown great affection and mercy toward Me"
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and sat down to eat. The Bhattacarya, with great pleasure, first offered Him the prasadam from the Jagannatha temple
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was somewhat ashamed. Just to satisfy Sanatana Gosvami, He spoke the following words
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in an angry mood, began to chastise Jagadananda Pandita
- Hearing this, the Lord got up, chanting "Hari! Hari!" Following Him, all the other Vaisnavas also got up, chanting the vibration of the holy name
- I also hear topics about Krsna from Ramananda Raya. If you want to hear such topics, go to him again
- I have written some commentary on Srimad-Bhagavatam, he said. "Would Your Lordship kindly hear it"
- I saw Krsna and the gopis enjoying all kinds of pastimes while laughing and joking together. Hearing their vocal expressions enhanced the joy of My ears
- I shall leave Jagannatha Puri and go to Alalanatha, where I shall live peacefully and not hear about all these affairs of materialistic people
- I wish to hear from you about Lord Krsna. Indeed, My mind is inclined to desire this; therefore I wish to see you again
- If I hear about the activities of materialistic persons, My mind becomes agitated. There is no need for Me to stay here and be disturbed in that way
- If passed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, it could be presented for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to hear
- If you explain the meaning of one verse, we can all hear it from your own mouth and thus be very happy
- In a spiritual body resembling that of a Gandharva, Junior Haridasa, although invisible, would sing at night for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to hear. No one but the Lord, however, knew of this
- In great ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Svarupa Damodara in a faltering voice, "My ears are dying of thirst. Please recite something to quench this thirst. Let Me hear it"
- In His childhood, when the Lord was crying He would stop immediately upon hearing the holy names Krsna and Hari
- In the beginning Srivasa Thakura described the transcendental sweetness of Vrndavana's pastimes. Hearing this, the Lord felt great and increasing jubilation in His heart
- Indeed, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these conclusive statements from the Kurma Purana, He felt great happiness. After asking the brahmanas' permission, He took possession of the manuscript leaves of the Kurma Purana
- It is Your natural characteristic to accept defeat at the hands of Your devotee. There is also another glory of Yours, which I ask You to hear attentively
- It was the practice of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami to examine all literatures to find out whether their conclusions were correct. Only then would he allow them to be heard by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Jagadananda advised him to return to Vrndavana after the car festival of Jagannatha, but when Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard about this instruction, He chastised Jagadananda Pandita and reminded him that Sanatana Gosvami was senior to him and also more learned
- Junior Haridasa went to the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna and committed suicide. In his spiritual body, however, he continued to sing devotional songs, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard them
- Lord Caitanya never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Now I have come to understand the truth of the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna. Nonetheless, I still want to hear how both of Them gloriously enjoy such love"
- Mad with ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to dance before the Harideva Deity. Hearing of the Lord's wonderful activities, all the people came to see Him
- Murari Gupta was a great devotee of Lord Ramacandra. When Lord Caitanya heard Lord Ramacandra's glories from his mouth, He immediately wrote on his forehead "ramadasa" (the eternal servant of Lord Ramacandra)
- My dear friend, please tell Me what to do. My ears have been plundered by the qualities of Krsna's sound. Now, however, I cannot hear His transcendental sound, and I am almost dead for want of it
- Nityananda Prabhu had heard the story of Saksi-gopala from the townspeople. He now recited this again, and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the narration with great pleasure
- Now hear the description of the five literary embellishments. There are two ornaments of sound and three ornaments of meaning
- Now that I (Lord Caitanya) have actually seen your glories, what I heard about you is confirmed. As far as the pastimes of Radha and Krsna in a loving mood are concerned, you (Ramananda Raya) are the limit of knowledge
- On the way toward Jagannatha Puri, Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed many other pastimes. He visited various temples and heard the story about Madhavendra Puri and the installation of Gopala
- One day the Lord ordered Srivasa Thakura to read the Brhat-sahasra-nama (the thousand names of Lord Visnu), for He wanted to hear them at that time
- One person should go to Bengal and inform them about the auspicious news of Your return to Jagannatha Puri. Upon hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Do whatever you decide"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I accept this Murari Gupta as My life and soul. When I hear of his humility, it perturbs My very life"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt unlimited happiness upon hearing these descriptions, and He again and again requested Svarupa Damodara to continue speaking
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had heard rumors about Ramacandra Puri's blasphemy. Now He directly heard his fanciful accusations
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I am a fool, and consequently I do not study the Vedanta-sutra. I am just trying to hear it from you because you have ordered Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I do not know about topics concerning Lord Krsna. I think that only Ramananda Raya knows, for I hear these topics from him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught Rupa Gosvami all the conclusions He had heard from Ramananda Raya and duly empowered him so that he could understand them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then took His bath in a lake called Govinda-kunda, and while He was there, He heard that the Gopala Deity had already gone to Ganthuli-grama
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was never pleased to hear books or verses opposed to the conclusive statements of devotional service. The Lord did not like hearing rasabhasa, the overlapping of transcendental mellows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased to hear the book Krsna-karnamrta, and with great eagerness He had it copied and took it with Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased to hear Vallabha Bhatta quoting from sastra about the position of a devotee. The Lord praised him personally, and, feeling ecstatic love of Godhead, began to quote many verses from sastra
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very satisfied to hear about the brahmana's method of worship. Finally the brahmana hastily made arrangements for cooking
- Suddenly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the vibration of Krsna's flute. Then, in ecstasy, He began to depart to see Lord Krsna
- Svarupa Damodara replied, "My dear Lord, please hear the reason for this. Laksmidevi, the goddess of fortune, cannot be admitted to the pastimes of Vrndavana"
- That night Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed in the temple of Gopala, and along with all the devotees, He heard the narration of the witness Gopala with great pleasure
- The Bhattacarya explained the atmarama verse in nine different ways on the basis of scripture. After hearing his explanation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, smiling a little, began to speak
- The Bhattacarya then began to curse his son-in-law and call him ill names. When the Bhattacarya returned, he saw that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was laughing to hear him criticize Amogha
- The brahmana cursed the Lord, "You shall be bereft of all material happiness!" When the Lord heard this, He felt great jubilation within Himself
- The First Chapter describes how Rupa Gosvami met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for the second time and how the Lord heard his two dramas (Vidagdha-madhava and Lalita-madhava)
- The following year, the inhabitants of Kulina-grama again asked the Lord the same question. Hearing this question, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again taught them about the different types of Vaisnavas
- The glories of Lord Gopala, who is merciful to brahmanas, are very great. The narration of Saksi-gopala was spoken by Nityananda Prabhu and heard by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Kazi concluded, "The reasoning and arguments in the scriptures of the meat-eaters are not very sound." Upon hearing this statement, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and inquired from him as follows
- The Lord (Caitanya) heard the story of Saksi-gopala with great pleasure because He wanted to impress upon the atheists that the worshipable Deities in the temples approved by the great acaryas are not idols, as alleged by men with a poor fund of knowledge
- The Lord concluded, "Now, therefore, please reduce the fixed number of times you chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra." Haridasa Thakura replied, "Kindly hear my real plea"
- The Lord especially liked to hear Bilvamangala Thakura's Krsna-karnamrta, the poetry of Vidyapati, and Sri Gita-govinda, by Jayadeva Gosvami
- The Lord replied, "Having heard about your good qualities, I have come here. I have come to hear about Krsna from you and thus purify My mind"
- The Lord replied, "I do not understand the meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Indeed, I am not a suitable person to hear its meaning"
- The Lord's ears were satisfied when He heard Svarupa Damodara sing songs from the Gita-govinda and those by the poet Vidyapati
- The Mayavadi sannyasis continued, "now let us see how well You can describe the sutras in terms of their direct meaning." Hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu began His direct explanation of the Vedanta-sutra
- The Thirteenth Chapter tells how Jagadananda Pandita went to Mathura and returned and how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by chance heard a song sung by a deva-dasi dancing girl
- Then the female parrot began to speak jokingly to the male parrot, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was struck with wonderful ecstatic love to hear her speak
- Therefore I desire to hear your skill in composing poetry. We could hear this if you would mercifully describe the glory of mother Ganges
- Therefore Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would not hear anything before Svarupa Damodara heard it first. The Lord made this etiquette a regulative principle
- Thinking thus, the pandita said, "My dear Nimai Pandita, please hear me. Hearing Your explanation, I am simply struck with wonder
- This stanza was sung by Mukunda in a very sweet voice, but as soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza, His mind went to pieces
- Thus in the association of Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed His days and nights chanting and hearing with great pleasure
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the narration of Gopala's activities. Both He and His personal devotees became very pleased
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these discussions about the pure transcendental mellow of Srimati Radharani. Absorbed in transcendental ecstasy, the Lord began to dance
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love was awakened by hearing the songs of Vrndavana. In this way He inundated Purusottama, Jagannatha Puri, with love of Godhead
- Upon hearing about Kasi Misra's tactics with the King, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Kasi Misra, what have you done? You have made Me indirectly take help from the King"
- Upon hearing from the Kurma Purana how Ravana had kidnapped a false form of mother Sita, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very satisfied
- Upon hearing Ramananda Raya quote this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very satisfied. Then He recited the following verse, which had been spoken by Srimati Radharani in great anxiety
- Upon hearing Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's request, Caitanya Mahaprabhu relented. He stayed a few days longer and did not depart
- Upon hearing the governor's submissive statement, the maha-patra was overwhelmed with joy. He clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to offer the following prayers
- Upon hearing the recitation of this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became absorbed in ecstatic love, and with a greatly agitated mind He began to explain its meaning like a madman
- Upon hearing the verse recited by the King, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You have given Me invaluable gems, but I have nothing to give you in return. Therefore I am simply embracing you"
- Upon hearing this explanation, the Lord began to laugh and, with great pleasure, immediately embraced Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya very firmly
- Upon hearing this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, overwhelmed with the ecstasy of the gopis, began to explain it
- Upon hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy, and being absorbed in this happiness, He embraced Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- Upon hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately began great congregational chanting in the courtyard. Vakresvara Pandita was the chief dancer
- When a male and female parrot appeared on the branches of a tree, the Lord saw them and wanted to hear them speak
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, His mind was satisfied. Only They could understand each other's minds
- When He heard all the cowherd boys also chanting "Hari! Hari!" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased. He approached them, put His hand on their heads and said, "Go on chanting like that"
- When He heard Svarupa Damodara recite a verse concerning the rasa-lila or He Himself recited one, He would personally explain it, as He had previously done
- When He heard this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt somewhat ashamed. Then He went to bathe in the sea with all the Vaisnavas
- When Lord Caitanya returned from Gaya after initiation, He stayed with Suklambara Brahmacari because He wanted to hear from this devotee about the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- When Raghupati Upadhyaya was requested to describe Krsna, he began to recite some verses he had personally composed about Krsna's pastimes. Hearing those verses, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard news of this from the mouth of Govinda, He went there the next day and spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these details, He smiled in a pleased mood and said, "If with sensual intentions one looks at women, this is the only process of atonement"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these verses, He was pleased beyond limits, and He said again and again, "Go on reciting, go on reciting"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this news from Govinda, He inquired from Svarupa Damodara, "Why does Raghunatha dasa no longer stand at the Simha-dvara gate to beg alms"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this story, He was very pleased, and He remembered the words of Ramadasa Vipra
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this, He was greatly satisfied. "Raghunatha dasa has done well," He said. He has acted suitably for a person in the renounced order
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard Vasudeva Datta's statement, His heart became very soft. Tears flowed from His eyes, and He began to tremble. In a faltering voice He spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rigidly declined to hear his explanations, Vallabha Bhatta went home feeling morose. His faith in the Lord and devotion to Him changed
- When the devotees finally reached the lion gate, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the news and personally went to meet them
- When the Lord heard that his name was Caitanya dasa, He said, "What kind of name have you given him? It is very difficult to understand"
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- When the Lord heard this, He angrily said, "Why not keep a masseur to massage Me"
- When the Lord was studying grammar at the place of Gangadasa Pandita, He would immediately learn grammatical rules and definitions by heart simply by hearing them once
- When the Lord, hearing with great pleasure, said, "Go on speaking! Go on speaking!" Srivasa Thakura described the rasa-lila dance, which is filled with transcendental mellows
- When they all arrived at a bridge called Atharanala, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, hearing the news of their arrival, sent two garlands with Govinda
- When this message was relayed to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by the people, the Lord became very happy to hear it
- While hearing the devotees lament, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was mildly smiling. Thus all the devotees were very much astonished
- While the Lord was on His way, the Maharashtriyan brahmana informed Him about the incident that took place in the camp of Prakasananda Sarasvati. Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled happily
- While the Lord was transported from the throne to the car, tumultuous sounds were made on various musical instruments. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was chanting "Manima! Manima!" but He could not be heard