Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Hands"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Advaita Acarya said, "Just sit down here on these seats." Catching Their hands, He sat Them both down
- After He had followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some distance, Advaita Acarya was petitioned by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with folded hands. The Lord spoke the following sweet words
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finished eating, the Bhattacarya poured water for the Lord to wash His mouth, hands and legs and offered Him flavored spices, tulasi-manjaris, cloves and cardamom
- After this, Advaita Acarya made the Lords wash Their hands and mouths. He then took Them to a nice bed and made Them lie down to take rest
- After this, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, sitting at the right hand of the Lord, began to introduce all the inhabitants of Purusottama, Jagannatha Puri
- After thus advising him how to worship, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally offered Raghunatha dasa the govardhana-sila with His transcendental hand. As advised by the Lord, Raghunatha dasa worshiped the sila in great transcendental jubilation
- All the devotees were served prasadam on plantain leaves, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed on each leaf a quantity suitable for two or three men to eat, for His hand could not distribute less than that
- As a sannyasi, Krsna Caitanya put on nothing but a kaupina and a bahirvasa (outer covering). His head was without hair, and His hands bore a danda (stick) and a kamandalu (hermit's waterpot)
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard that Amogha was going to die, He immediately ran to him in great haste. Placing His hand on Amogha's chest, He spoke as follows
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this proposal, He immediately covered His ears with His hands and said, "My dear Sarvabhauma, why are you requesting such an undesirable thing from Me"
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Vasudeva Datta, the older brother of Mukunda Datta, He immediately became very happy and, placing His hand on his body, began to speak
- As the car stood still, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gathered all His devotees and, with His own hand, decorated them with flower garlands and sandalwood pulp
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then put His hand on the chest of Gopala and told him, "My dear Gopala, get up and chant the holy name of the Lord!"
- Lord Caitanya showed Nityananda His four-armed form, standing in a three-curved posture. With two hands He played upon a flute, and in the other two He carried a conchshell and disc
- Once the child, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chastised His mother with His soft hand, and His mother pretended to faint. Seeing this, the Lord began to cry
- One after the other, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu made all the devotees sit in their proper places. He then began to distribute prasadam with His own transcendental hand
- Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati were both personally given garlands and sandalwood pulp from the very hands of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. This increased their transcendental pleasure
- Prakasananda Sarasvati, however, caught Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally by the hand and seated Him with great respect in the midst of the assembly
- Saying this, Ramananda Raya began to sing a song he had composed, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of the ecstasy of love of Godhead, immediately covered Ramananda's mouth with His own hand
- Saying this, the Lord embraced Murari and had him sit down by His side. The Lord then began to cleanse his body with His own hands
- Seeing this, mother Saci hastily returned and exclaimed, "What is this! What is this!" She snatched the dirt from the hands of the Lord and inquired why He was eating it
- Similarly, when Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu felt the touch of the transcendental hand of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, They were very pleased
- Since Your two hands will always be engaged in chanting and counting the holy names, how will You be able to carry the waterpot and external garments
- Someone brought water to pour into the hands of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and someone poured water on His lotus feet
- Sometimes He appeared stunned, and sometimes He rolled on the ground. Indeed, sometimes His legs and hands became as hard as dry wood, and He did not move
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's hands, legs and head would all enter within His body, just like the withdrawn limbs of a tortoise
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu kept His hands raised and would not accept the prasadam until Jagadananda Pandita, with great affection and love, spoke the following words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu made all the devotees sit at His side, and with His own hand He offered them garlands and sandalwood pulp
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and washed His hands and mouth, while Jagadananda Pandita brought spices, a garland and sandalwood pulp
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then placed His hand on Sanatana Gosvami's head and blessed him, saying, "Let all these instructions be manifested to you"
- Sri Caitanya was God Himself according to the indication of the revealed scriptures, but He played the part of a devotee. People who knew Him to be God addressed Him as God, but He used to block His ears with His hands and chant the name of Lord Visnu
- Srivasa Thakura continued, "Who has taught these people? What are they saying? Now You can cover their mouths with Your own hand"
- That night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was attended by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya. Keeping His hands around their necks, the Lord began to lament
- The doorkeeper grasped His hand and replied very hastily, 'Come, see Your beloved!' May that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rise within my heart and thus make me mad also
- The Lord ate lunch in the company of all the devotees, and after washing His hands and mouth He gave an order to Govinda
- The Lord then placed His two hands on the heads of both of them, and in return they immediately placed the lotus feet of the Lord on their heads
- The Lord took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, looking up toward the sky as if to direct the demigods in the higher planets. Thus all the assembled clouds dispersed
- The next day, early in the morning, the Lord took His personal associates with Him and, with His own hand, smeared sandalwood pulp on their bodies
- The transcendental gardener, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, distributed handful after handful of fruit in all directions, and when the poor, hungry people ate the fruit, the gardener smiled with great pleasure
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to wash the sitting place of Lord Jagannatha with His own hands, and all the devotees began to bring water to the Lord
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu placed His hand on the chest of Sri Gopala and said loudly, "Gopala, stand up"
- There were also tiger nails set in gold, waist decorations of silk and lace, ornaments for the hands and legs, nicely printed silken saris, and a child's garment, also made of silk
- Thinking of how he had received the govardhana-sila directly from the hands of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Raghunatha dasa was always overflooded with ecstatic love
- Vanamali Pandita, the thirty-fifth branch of the tree, was very much celebrated in this world. He saw a golden club and plow in the hands of the Lord
- Vaninatha Raya and Kasi Misra then brought a large quantity of prasadam, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed it with His own hand and fed them all
- When He heard all the cowherd boys also chanting "Hari! Hari!" Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased. He approached them, put His hand on their heads and said, "Go on chanting like that"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began cleansing Sanatana Gosvami's body with His own transcendental hand, Sanatana Gosvami said, "O my Lord, please do not touch me"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is distributing prasadam with His transcendental hand, who will neglect such an opportunity and accept the regulative principle of fasting
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was taking another morsel of food, Svarupa Damodara caught Him by the hand and said, "It is not fit for You." Thus he forcibly took the food away
- Whenever the crowds were too great, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up, raised His hands and chanted, "Hari! Hari!" to which all the people responded, filling both the land and sky with the vibration
- While speaking of these things with Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to remember one thing after another. Moving His hands in ecstasy, He recited a verse
- With His transcendental hands, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally covered the body of Haridasa Thakura with sand, chanting "Haribol! Haribol"