Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Caitanya Gives Benefits (1 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Chances (2 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Flower Garlands (5 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Good Fortune (9 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Happiness (7 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Liberation (1 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Opportunities (6 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Pleasure (5 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Protection (3 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Satisfaction (3 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Success (1 P)
- ► Caitanya's Giving Up (9 P)
Pages in category "Caitanya's Giving"
The following 153 pages are in this category, out of 153 total.
- Abhiseka function was especially observed at the house of Srivasa. All the devotees, according to their means, worshiped the Lord (Caitanya) with all kinds of paraphernalia, and the Lord gave benedictions to each devotee according to his desire
- Addressing the girls, the Lord would say, "Worship Me, and I shall give you good husbands or good benedictions. The Ganges and goddess Durga are My maidservants. What to speak of other demigods, even Lord Siva is My servant"
- Advaita Acarya responded, "In front of you is Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the personification of religious principles. You should ask Him, for He will give you the proper answer"
- After giving those explanations again, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arose and took His leave. All the people there offered their obeisances unto Him and chanted the maha-mantra
- After receiving the manuscript, the brahmana, being very pleased, said, "Sir, You are Lord Ramacandra Himself and have come in the dress of a sannyasi to give me audience"
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again bestowed His mercy upon Raghunatha dasa by giving him a stone from Govardhana Hill and a garland of small conchshells
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered that varieties of prasadam offered to Lord Jagannatha be brought. The Lord then gave him the prasadam, separately packed, to offer to various Vaisnavas and His mother
- All glories to Lord Nityananda, who is the life and soul of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! My dear Lord, kindly give me engagement in devotional service at Your lotus feet
- All glories to the transcendental form of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is Krsna Himself, the Supreme Personality of Godhead! My dear Lord, kindly give me shelter at Your lotus feet by Your causeless mercy
- All the Mayavadi sannyasis said, "Your Holiness, kindly know from us that we actually have no quarrel with Your refutation of these meanings, for You have given a clear understanding of the sutras"
- Although they officially promote love of Godhead, they have no idea how to execute it. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives a practical demonstration of how to love God in a conjugal relationship
- Amogha, always chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and do not commit any further offenses. After giving Amogha this instruction, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sarvabhauma's house
- As previously, Raghunatha remained continuously with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for eight months. Then the Lord gave him the following order
- Because of affection for Jagadananda Pandita, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would not permit him to depart, but Jagadananda Pandita repeatedly insisted that the Lord give him permission to go
- Because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was repeatedly glancing at this valuable woolen blanket, Sanatana Gosvami could understand that the Lord did not approve of it. He then began to consider a way to give it up
- Before this explanation was given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Venkata Bhatta thought that Sri Narayana was the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Both submitted to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Please give us orders so that we may make proper arrangements to accommodate all the Vaisnavas"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us this easy program. So don't deviate from this. Chant Hare Krsna and take prasadam. Make life simplified and be happy. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given Vedic evidences that the Supreme Personality of Godhead has His form, transcendental form, sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, but His form is not material
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind, merciful, He's not only giving Krsna, He's giving krsna-prema, which is very, very rare
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested the blessings of a grhastha. This incident shows the special significance of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's preaching. He gave equal status to everyone, regardless of material considerations. His movement is thoroughly spiritual
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to give to His mother some gold when there was need of money. "Mother, I got this gold. So you can utilize it." The mother would think that "We are poor men. We have no gold. Wherefrom this boy brings gold?"
- Candrasekhara said, "My dear Lord, You have bestowed Your causeless mercy upon me because I am Your old servant. Indeed, You have come here personally to give me Your audience"
- Devotional service on this highest, most excellent platform of lover and beloved, which had never been given by any previous incarnation or acarya, was given by Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Dhruva Maharaja maintained himself in that devotional ecstasy, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also gave us a practical example of transcendental ecstasy when He lived at Jagannatha Puri. His pastimes there are fully narrated in Caitanya-caritamrta
- Do not be puffed up but always be more tolerant than the tree. This is the prescription given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Finally Kasi Misra told the Lord, "If You want to give protection to Gopinatha, then Lord Jagannatha, who protected him today, will also protect him in the future"
- Formerly brahmanas would not accept charity from a person unless he were very pious. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave this instruction for all spiritual masters
- Formerly, when Jagadananda Pandita had desired to go to Vrndavana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had not given His permission, and therefore he could not go
- He (Lord Caitanya) gave each devotee a broom with His own hand, and taking all of them personally with Him, the Lord went to Gundica
- He (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) gave the people of this age the advantage of being able to chant the Hare Krsna mantra and thus become fully pure, free from all material contamination
- He also personally relished transcendental activities. By His personal behavior He has given an example for devotees to follow. That is, one should broadcast the cult of devotional service
- He said, "My Lord, You have given him initiation into the name of Krsna, but after receiving the mantra he will not express it in front of everyone"
- He then gave each devotee a broom with His own hand, and taking all of them personally with Him, the Lord went to Gundica
- Hiranyakasipu was against his son. And Kamsa was against Krsna. Sisupala was against Krsna. So against Krsna consciousness movement in this age, there will be many, undoubtedly. Therefore Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us instruction, trnad api sunicena
- His (Anupama Mallika's) former name was Vallabha, but after Lord Caitanya met him He gave him the name Anupama
- How can one describe unfathomable subject matters? It is possible only if Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives him the capability
- I can see that Lord Caitanya is giving you good intelligence to carry on in this way and infiltrate all facets of society with the sublime process of Krishna Consciousness
- I could not go without Your Lordship's permission. Now You must give me permission, and I shall certainly go there
- I fervently appeal to everyone to adopt the method of devotional service given by Lord Caitanya and Nityananda and thus be freed from the miseries of material existence and ultimately achieve the loving service of the Lord
- I have given a few examples of pastime incarnations. Now I will describe the guna-avataras, the incarnations of the material qualities. Please listen
- I have given all these explanations just to give some indication of the verse's meaning. Now let Me explain the real meaning of the verse
- I have given up the service of My mother and have accepted the sannyasa order. Actually I should not have done this, for by so doing I have destroyed My religious principles
- I have now described the different meanings of the eleven separate words. Now let Me give the complete meaning of the sloka, as it is applied in different places
- I have thus given a synopsis of the Vaisnava regulative principles. I have given this in brief just to give you a little direction. When you write on this subject, Krsna will help you by spiritually awakening you
- I simply repeat like a parrot whatever instructions You have given me. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. Who can understand Your dramatic performances
- If Caitanya Mahaprabhu is pleased, then He can give krsna-prema, love of Krsna, to anyone, doesn't matter what is his qualification. He gives
- If You give me permission, I shall go with Your Lordship. It is not possible for me to tolerate the waves of separation
- In His Siksastaka, Lord Caitanya says, param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam: "All glories to the chanting of sri-krsna-sankirtana!" The Hare Krsna maha-mantra - is directly chanted by the Lord Himself, who gives us this mantra for deliverance
- In Kali-yuga, we are all in a very difficult position, in which we need a suitable mantra that can deliver us from the dangers of this age. Therefore the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in His incarnation as Lord Caitanya, gives us the Hare Krsna mantra
- In that garden, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His mercy upon King Prataparudra. Afterwards, when the Bengali devotees were about to return home, the Lord gave separate orders to almost every one of them
- In the evening, burn torchlights in every home. I shall give protection to everyone. Let us see what kind of Kazi comes to stop our kirtana
- It is not that one becomes free from material entanglements simply by accepting the order of sannyaya. Yet if we actually understand the explanations given by Lord Caitanya, we will be helped
- It is the unique and highest development of love of God that is given by Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Kalidasa was standing outside the door, expecting the remnants of food from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Knowing this, Mahaprabhu gave an indication to Govinda
- Kholaveca Sridhara was a very poor man, but when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to give him a benediction, he prayed to the Lord to be allowed to remain a servant of the servants of the Lord
- Krsna-bhakti is not the monopoly of a certain caste. Everyone is eligible to receive this great benediction given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Let me give an example by which people may understand Lord Krsna's eternal pastimes. An example can be found in the zodiac
- Lord Caitanya has given special stress to chanting of these holy names of the Lord as the basic principle of spiritual advancement. Another word used here is arjavena, meaning "without diplomacy." A devotee should not make plans out of self-interest
- Lord Caitanya has given us the task to spread His message all over the world, and any process which may be useful for facilitating this business, that we shall gladly adopt, never mind his zone or my zone, that is material designation
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us a special gift, but, that in spite of our not understanding everything very analytically, as they are described in the Vedic scriptures, one can understand himself by the simple process by chanting the holy name
- Lord Caitanya, therefore, gave His valuable opinion that although a person may not be born in a brahmana family, if he knows Krsna or the science of Krsna consciousness he is more than a brahmana, and he is quite fit to become a spiritual master
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has freely given this love of Krsna everywhere and anywhere, even to the most fallen, such as Jagai and Madhai. What then to speak of those who are already pious and elevated?
- Many atheists and blasphemers came and fell at the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord in return excused them and gave them love of Krsna
- My dear Lord, whatever direct meaning You have given when explaining the Brahma-sutra is certainly very wonderful to all of us
- My happiness is in the service of Krsna, and Krsna's happiness is in union with Me. For this reason, I give My body in charity to the lotus feet of Krsna, who accepts Me as His loved one and calls Me His most beloved
- Nityananda Prabhu was given assistants like Ramadasa, Gadadhara dasa and several others. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I give them to You to assist You"
- Now I have given sixty different meanings of the verse, and yet there is another meaning which is also very strongly evident
- Now, will You (Caitanya) please tell me (Sanatana Gosvami), 'Let whatever I have instructed all be fully manifested unto you.' By blessing me in this way, You will give me strength to describe all this
- O Candramukha! Please give me ten thousand Gandharvas. Let them sing as I dance, and then I will be greatly happy
- One must strictly follow the principles given by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in this verse. If one simply follows in the footsteps of Lord Caitanya and the Gosvamis, certainly he will achieve the ultimate goal of life, the lotus feet of Sri Krsna
- Out of His causeless mercy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave the following directions to the brothers Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Vidya-vacaspati
- People came by the hundreds of thousands, and no one could count them. Therefore Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came out of the house to give audience to the people
- Placing Your feet on my head, give me the benediction that I may achieve the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu without difficulty. I pray for this benediction
- Previously the Lord gave me maha-prasadam rice one morning, and I ate it just sitting on my bed, without having even washed my mouth
- Raghupati Upadhyaya first offered his respects to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord gave him His blessings, saying, "Always stay in Krsna consciousness"
- Ramananda Raya, he was also a sudra, and he was a householder and a politician, governor, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu took instruction from him. Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave him the preference of being a teacher. Ramananda Raya was hesitating
- Ramananda Vasu and Satyaraja Khan were present from Kulina-grama, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, with great respect, gave them the following orders
- Replying to the King's letter, the Bhattacarya wrote that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had not given His permission. After this, the King wrote him another letter
- Returning from Ramakeli, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Raghunatha dasa and after giving him instructions sent him back home
- Rupa Gosvami thus praises Lord Caitanya as the most munificent incarnation of all, for He gives the greatest gift by teaching the highest form of devotional service. In other words, He answers the most important inquiries that anyone can make
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "You have given me very good advice. I shall certainly go there, for that is the place the Lord has given me for my residence"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "Understanding that all the devotees have come, Lord Caitanya gave the sign, and therefore Vaninatha and the others have brought such great quantities of maha-prasadam"
- Simply we, the workers, the servitors, must be very sincere. Then Caitanya Mahaprabhu will give us more and more facilities so that we can work very well. So keep this mission always in view and do your best. That is my only request
- Sometimes it is very risky to give great philosophical instructions to ordinary people, but Caitanya , for the benefit of the fallen souls of Kali-yuga, has given us a very nice instrument, the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra
- Sri Caitanya has also given us a nice weapon for this age - in this age, the weapon to drive away maya, is the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra in pursuance of the associates of Lord Caitanya, such as Advaita Prabhu, Nityananda, Gadadhara and Srivasa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu actually descended to give happiness to the devotees. Thus He behaved in whatever way fit the time and circumstances
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu approved the purport of this verse on account of the determination of the mendicant devotee to engage in the service of Lord Mukunda. He gave His approval of this verse, indicating that it was very good
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called all His devotees together and, holding them by the hand, humbly informed them, "You are all more dear to Me than My life. I can give up My life, but to give you up is difficult for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not give much importance to the Vedic system of varnasrama which is very important for mundane people because Krishna Consciousness is above everything
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explained the meaning of the verse by giving evidence concerning Sukadeva Gosvami and the four rsis Sanaka, Sanat-kumara, Sanatana and Sanandana. Thus the Lord gave various meanings and explanations
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave chewed pan, or betel nut, to Murari Gupta
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave Ramananda Raya a vivid description of His travels to the holy places and told him how He had acquired the two books named Krsna-karnamrta and Brahma-samhita. The Lord delivered the books to Ramananda Raya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave so much to Gopinatha Pattanayaka without directly making requests of either Kasi Misra or the King
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave the garland and betel to Raghunatha Bhatta, who accepted them as a worshipable Deity and preserved them very carefully
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave Vijaya dasa the name Ratnabahu ("jewel-handed") because he copied many manuscripts for Him. The twenty-eighth branch was Krsnadasa, who was very dear to the Lord. He was known as Akincana Krsnadasa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given one panacea: "Chant Hare Krsna." That can save you. Otherwise it is very difficult
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given special importance to the people of this land - Bharata-varsa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us an authorized program for this purpose, centered around the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. This chanting has so much power that it immediately attaches one to Krsna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a wealthy capitalist possessing the touchstone of love of God. Not considering whether one is a proper or improper recipient, He gives His treasure to anyone and everyone. Thus He is the most munificent
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never even joked with others' wives. As soon as He saw a woman coming, He would immediately give her ample room to pass without talking. He was extremely strict regarding the association of women
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please listen to Me. It is not possible to describe devotional service completely; therefore I am just trying to give you a synopsis of the symptoms of devotional service"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then concluded, "I have simply given a general survey describing the mellows of devotional service. You can consider how to adjust and expand this"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then gave shares of the prasadam to Ramananda Raya, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and all the other devotees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then gave Svarupa Damodara residence in a solitary place and ordered a servant to serve him with a supply of water and other necessities
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then glanced with mercy at the Muslim governor. Giving him assurance, He asked him to chant the holy names "Krsna" and "Hari"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy is so unlimited that He is helping not only to understand Krsna, but also He is giving directly love of Krsna, and the supermost platform of love, as it was experienced by the gopis
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the world leader, was personally giving instructions on how one should receive Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within one's cleansed and pacified heart
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who had descended to deliver the entire universe, accepted the invitation of Vallabha Bhatta just to give him happiness
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, CDV 15 - Lord Caitanya gave us eight stanzas of His mission, what He wanted to do. They are explained in eight stanzas, and they are known as Siksastaka. Siksa means instruction, and astaka means eight
- Srila Rupa Gosvami said, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who gave you this kingdom and whom you accept as a prophet, has taken birth in your country due to your good fortune"
- That chapter also tells how the Lord entrusted Raghunatha dasa Gosvami to the care of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and gave Raghunatha dasa the gift of a stone from Govardhana Hill and a garland of small conchshells
- The all-knowing astrologer concluded, "Whatever You may be or whoever You may be, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You!" By His causeless mercy, the Lord then gave him love of Godhead, thus rewarding him for his service
- The brahmana told him, "Because He is the Lord (isvara), undoubtedly He can give you proper direction
- The former Pradyumna Brahmacari was given the name Nrsimhananda Brahmacari by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The inhabitant of Kulina-grama said, "Please let me know who is actually a Vaisnava and what his symptoms are." Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and gave the following reply
- The Lord also gave garlands and sandalwood pulp to the performers of sankirtana. The two chief performers were Svarupa Damodara and Srivasa Thakura
- The Lord ate lunch in the company of all the devotees, and after washing His hands and mouth He gave an order to Govinda
- The Lord finally reached Panihati, and as an act of mercy He gave the captain of the boat one of His personal garments
- The Lord gave the Bhattacarya assurance that he could speak without fear, but added that if his statement were suitable He would accept it, and if it were not, He would reject it
- The Lord replied, "My dear sisters, I give you the benediction that your husbands will be very handsome
- The Lord, being merciful to Goapal Capala, gave him instructions for his benefit
- The message of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was to give the same message as Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita: "surrender to Krishna". The pastimes of Radha-Krishna relationship are confidential and are not for the distribution to the ordinary public
- The more you progress in preaching work, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will give you more facilities in this connection. By His grace you have got determination and you have got a nice wife and nice assistants - please do the work enthusiastically
- The most magnanimous incarnation is Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He is giving directly Krsna, Krsna-prema. You take it. Why don't you take it?
- The Muslim governor then said, "Since You have so kindly accepted me, please give me some order so that I can render You some service"
- The next day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu begged Ramananda Raya to give Him permission to leave, and at the time of farewell the Lord gave him the following orders
- The orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be carefully carried out. Although the Lord may not give direct orders, you are still to carry out His desires simply by understanding His indications
- The simple definition of Vaisnava is given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu: a person who immediately reminds one of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is a Vaisnava
- The wonderful explanation the boy has given could not have been possible for a human being. Therefore mother Sarasvati must have spoken personally through His mouth
- There was a solitary room at Kasi Misra's house, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave it to Paramananda Puri. He also gave him a servant
- Thereafter the Lord charitably bestowed His benediction upon all His devotees. He gave the remnants of His food to Narayani, showing her special respect
- This maintainer and leader appeared as Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya to give humanity these sublime teachings
- Thus I have given a description of the incarnations of the four different yugas. After hearing all this, Sanatana Gosvami gave an indirect hint to the Lord
- To give us practical instructions, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu cleansed the temple (the Gundica temple) twice. His second cleansing was more thorough. The idea was to throw away all the stumbling blocks on the path of devotional service
- Unto one who is able to understand, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has shown mercy by giving him the association of the servant of His own servant
- Upon hearing the verse recited by the King, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You have given Me invaluable gems, but I have nothing to give you in return. Therefore I am simply embracing you"
- Whatever meaning Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives is perfect. Any other interpretation is only a distortion
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave this instruction to Kamalakanta, all present considered it to be meant for everyone. Thus Advaita Acarya was greatly pleased
- When Haridasa Thakura was at the last stage of his life, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave him His company and allowed him to touch Him. Thereafter, He took the body of Thakura Haridasa on His lap and personally danced with it
- When Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami was absorbed in remembrance of Lord Krsna, he would take the tulasi garland and the prasadam of Lord Jagannatha given to him by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, bind them together and wear them on his neck
- When Raghunatha dasa, during his family life, went to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Santipura, the Lord gave him worthy instructions by His causeless mercy
- When Rupa Gosvami fell down like a rod, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu got up and gave him a slap. Then, taking him on His lap, He began to speak to him
- When the devotees from Bengal reached Lake Narendra, Svarupa Damodara and the others met them and offered them the garlands given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the Kazi came, his head bowed down, the Lord gave him proper respect and a seat
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- Whenever He accepted food from a person, He would give him the same advice He gave the brahmana named Kurma. He adopted this process until He returned to Jagannatha Puri from His South Indian tour
- While giving instructions to Sanatana Gosvami, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu divided devotional service into three categories
- Whoever hears these instructions given to Sanatana Gosvami by the Lord comes very soon to realize love of God, Krsna
- Without Your mercy such poetic expressions would be impossible for an ordinary living being to write. My guess is that You have given him the power