Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Coming"
The following 130 pages are in this category, out of 130 total.
- A brahmana who saw the wonderful behavior of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to Prakasananda Sarasvati and described the Lord's characteristics
- Advaita Acarya continued, "By My great fortune You have just come to My home. Please do not juggle words. Just begin eating and do not talk"
- Advaita Acarya disclosed the whole situation, telling Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Wherever You are, that is Vrndavana. Now it is My great fortune that You have come to the bank of the Ganges"
- Advaita Acarya invites the Lord to come and be worshiped, and to perform the worship He keeps the Deity for some time
- Advaita Acarya said, "You have been fasting continuously for three days in Your ecstasy of love for Krsna. I therefore invite You to My home, where You may kindly take Your alms. Come with Me to My residence"
- After bestowing mercy upon Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, the Lord started for southern India. When He came to Kurma-ksetra, He delivered a person named Vasudeva
- After coming back from East Bengal, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu again began educating others. By the strength of His education He conquered everyone, and thus He was greatly proud
- After coming to this firm conclusion, the Lord continued to stay at home. In the meantime Kesava Bharati came to the town of Nadia
- After finishing the dance before Lord Baladeva and Subhadra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came before Lord Jagannatha's car. Upon seeing Lord Jagannatha, He began to dance again
- After hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "That for which I have come to your residence has now become an object of truth in My knowledge"
- After receiving the manuscript, the brahmana, being very pleased, said, "Sir, You are Lord Ramacandra Himself and have come in the dress of a sannyasi to give me audience"
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees came into the presence of Brahmananda Bharati
- After sending Acaryaratna to the house of Advaita Acarya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu went before Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and gave notice of His coming
- After they had discussed various topics about Lord Krsna, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu informed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "I have come to your place just to receive your order"
- After three days, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to the house of Advaita Acarya at Santipura and accepted alms there. This was His first acceptance of alms. At night He performed congregational chanting there
- After thus instructing the devotees, the Lord asked their permission to go to Jagannatha Puri. He assured them that at intervals He would come there and meet them again and again
- After visiting Kanya-kumari, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to Amlitala, where He saw the Deity of Sri Ramacandra. Thereafter He went to a place known as Mallara-desa, where a community of Bhattatharis lived
- All you devotees will be able to come and go, and sometimes He may also come to take His bath in the Ganges
- Although I came to Varanasi to sell My goods, there were no customers, and it appeared necessary for Me to carry them back to My own country
- Among His own associates, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughingly said, "I came here to sell My emotional ecstatic love"
- Any day you desire to feed Me, I certainly come and accept what you offer
- As He thus wandered around every tree and creeper, He came beneath an asoka tree and suddenly saw Lord Krsna
- As soon as Brahmananda Bharati gave up his deerskin and covered himself with sannyasi robes, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came and offered His respects at his lotus feet
- As soon as Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw the Lord coming, they both stood up and then fell down to offer Him their respectful obeisances. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them both and then sat down
- As the month passed but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not come, Jagadananda and Sivananda became most unhappy
- At noon, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to eat the offerings of Bhagavan Acarya, He first appreciated the fine rice and therefore questioned him
- Candrasekhara said, "My dear Lord, You have bestowed Your causeless mercy upon me because I am Your old servant. Indeed, You have come here personally to give me Your audience"
- Certainly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in all respects the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Now He has come to Mathura to deliver everyone
- Coming to His senses, the Lord very loudly began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" The Lord raised His arms upward and began to dance in ecstatic love
- Do not discuss these incidents because a devotee of Lord Caitanya does not feel very happy to discuss them. But so far we have heard from authorized sources, He simultaneously entered Jagannatha Temple and Gopinatha Temple in Puri and He did not come out
- Due to my mental distress I could not give You a very nice lunch the other day. Now, by good fortune, You have come again to my home
- I am a poor brahmana, and You have come to My home. Please be satisfied with whatever little food You have received and give up Your greedy mentality
- I cannot chronologically record all the places of pilgrimage visited by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I can only summarize everything by saying that the Lord visited all holy places right and left, coming and going
- I come to your home again and again to eat all the sweetmeats and vegetables you offer
- I have come here only to associate with you, and I am now taking shelter of you. Will you kindly maintain Me in all respects
- I have come here to sell My emotional ecstatic sentiments in this city of Kasi, but I cannot find any customers. If they are not sold, I must take them back home
- I have come to deliver all the fallen souls, but now just the opposite has happened. How can these rogues be delivered? How may they be benefited?
- I really had no business in coming to Bengal, but I have come just to see you two brothers
- In a dream Candrasekhara had seen that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had come to his home; therefore in the morning Candrasekhara went outside the city to receive the Lord
- In a friendly way, the Lord said, "Sir, I have come to your house as your guest, but upon seeing Me you hid yourself in your room. What kind of etiquette is this?"
- In his meditation he saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quickly come, sit down and eat all three offerings, leaving behind no remnants
- In that month of May-June, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to the garden of Yamesvara (Lord Siva) and accepted prasadam there at the request of the devotees
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed His pastimes. Coming to the western part of India, He bestowed good fortune upon the yavanas and mlecchas
- Indeed, I have come here just to meet you. It is very good that even without making an effort I have gotten your interview here
- Influenced by the loving affairs of Sivananda Sena, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came again and again. Therefore who can estimate the limits of his love
- Inform Sanatana Gosvami that I am coming to Vrndavana for a second time and that he should therefore arrange a place for Me to stay
- It is simply by the grace of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that we have now got a feeling for service to Krishna. Krishna is so perfect that He comes and teaches us personally how to become Krishna conscious
- It is the system, after offering food, to perform bhoga-arati. Advaita Prabhu asked the two brothers, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, to come see the arati. The two Lords and all others present went to see the arati ceremony
- Jagadananda Pandita said, "My dear mother, sometimes the Lord comes here and eats all the food you have offered"
- Jagadananda Pandita therefore gave Sanatana Gosvami the message from the Lord, "I am also coming to Vrndavana; please arrange a place for Me to stay"
- Jagannath Puri and Benares is not less than about eight hundred miles distance. So in those days there was no railway, no other conveyance. Caitanya Mahaprabhu had to travel through the jungles, and He came back to Jagannath Puri
- Just as Advaita Prabhu, He simply offered Ganga-jala and tulasi to please the Lord to come. Caitanya Mahaprabhu came
- Lord Caitanya came to earth simply to preach krsna-bhakti, love of Krsna. In other words, He is Lord Krsna Himself teaching the living entities the proper way to approach Krsna
- Lord Caitanya is Krsna in a yellow complexion, and He is Sacinandana, the son of mother Saci. He is the most charitable personality because He came to deliver krsna-prema, unalloyed love for Krsna, to everyone
- Lord Caitanya said to Govinda: "How you first of all came across, why not again crossing?" "That I came to serve You. And now I cannot cross You to take my prasadam. That is not my duty. That is for myself. And it is for You"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Now I have come to understand the truth of the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna. Nonetheless, I still want to hear how both of Them gloriously enjoy such love"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the holy place named Gajendra-moksana, where He went to a temple of Lord Visnu. He then came to Panagadi, a holy place where He saw the Deities of Lord Ramacandra and Sita
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Gaurahari, came here personally to deliver you. Now rest assured that all the impediments meant for your bondage are gone
- Mad with ecstatic love, the Lord came to the village known as Govardhana. There He saw the Deity named Harideva and offered His obeisances unto Him
- Maharaja Prataparudra picked the Lord up with great respect, but upon seeing the King, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to His external senses
- Mukunda Datta continued, "After accepting the sannyasa order, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu has come to Jagannatha Puri and has brought all of us with Him"
- My dear Lord, You have descended in this incarnation of Lord Caitanya for Your own personal reasons. You have come to taste Your own spiritual bliss, and at the same time You are transforming the whole world by spreading the ecstasy of love of Godhead
- My dear Raghunatha dasa, He said, since you arranged the feast on the bank of the Ganges, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came here just to show you His mercy
- No one can properly describe the sweetness of Lord Nityananda's dancing. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally comes to see it
- Now I have come to understand the sublime goal of life and the process of achieving it. Nevertheless, I think that there is something more ahead, and My mind is desiring to have it
- People came by the hundreds of thousands, and no one could count them. Therefore Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came out of the house to give audience to the people
- People have practically been unable to surrender to the lotus feet of Krsna, and therefore, after some five thousand years, Krsna came again as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu just to teach the entire world how to surrender unto Him
- Please come here. Please come here, Your Holiness. Why do You sit in that unclean place? What has caused Your lamentation?
- Radha-Krsna worship is little difficult. We have to worship Him with great awe and veneration. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu has voluntarily come to deliver the fallen souls. Little service, He will be satisfied
- Ramananda Raya replied, "My Lord, although You have come to correct me, a fallen soul, my mind is not yet purified simply by seeing You"
- Sanatana Gosvami was very eager to see the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Therefore Haridasa Thakura said, "The Lord is coming here very soon"
- Seeing the people so afraid, the Lord came to His external senses and thus returned to the house of Srivasa Thakura and threw away the club
- Seeing their affection, the Lord was moved by ecstatic love. He began to sport with them exactly as a friend sports with his friends. Thus He voluntarily came under the control of His friends
- Sometimes You will come alone to my place, and sometimes You will be accompanied by Svarupa Damodara
- Sri Advaita Prabhu said, "My dear Lords, kindly enter this room." The two brothers, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, then came forward to take the prasadam
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the devotees came before Haridasa Thakura, who offered his respects to the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and all the Vaisnavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there and sat down at His place. Seeing this, Raghava Pandita felt increasing happiness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed these verses recited by Sri Ramananda Raya, saying, "This is the limit of the goal of human life. Only by your mercy have I come to understand it conclusively"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Haridasa Thakura, "Remain here and chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. I shall personally come here to meet you daily"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I found Krsna, the Lord of Vrndavana, but I have lost Him again. Who has taken My Krsna? Where have I come"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told them, "Sometimes you will come to Jagannatha Puri, and sometimes I shall come bathe in the Ganges"
- Sri Ramananda Raya said, "You have come here just to show me Your causeless mercy. Therefore stay here for at least ten days and purify my polluted mind"
- Svarupa Damodara then informed the Lord that all the devotees were fatigued. Seeing this situation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to His external senses
- Tapana Misra then took Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to visit the temple of Visvesvara. Coming from there, they saw the lotus feet of Lord Bindu Madhava
- Tell her for Me, 'Please remember that I come here every day and offer My respects to your lotus feet'
- The brahmana then began to pray, "O my Lord, Your lotus feet are meditated upon by Lord Brahma, and these very lotus feet have come into my home"
- The brahmana told Prakasananda Sarasvati, "There is a sannyasi who has come from Jagannatha Puri, and I cannot describe His wonderful influence and glories"
- The doorkeeper grasped His hand and replied very hastily, 'Come, see Your beloved!' May that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rise within my heart and thus make me mad also
- The doorkeeper replied, "The son of Maharaja Nanda is here; please come along with me, and I shall show You"
- The food prepared and offered to the Deity by Raghava Pandita was like the essence of nectar. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there again and again to eat such prasadam
- The Kazi replied, "You have come to my house in a very angry mood. To pacify You, I did not come before You immediately but kept myself hidden
- The King said to the Bhattacarya, "I have heard that a great personality has come from Bengal and is staying at your home. I have also heard that He is very, very merciful"
- The Lord asked the Kazi to go back home. Then the son of mother Saci came back to His own home, dancing and dancing
- The Lord came to propagate sankirtana. That is an external purpose, as I have already indicated
- The Lord replied, "Having heard about your good qualities, I have come here. I have come to hear about Krsna from you and thus purify My mind"
- The Lord said, "My dear uncle, I have come to your home just to ask you some questions." "Yes," the Kazi replied, "You are welcome. Just tell me what is in Your mind"
- The remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were taken by the whole family of Tapana Misra. When news spread that the Lord had come, Candrasekhara came to see Him
- Then Sivananda Sena told him, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu promised that He would come. Why, then, has He not arrived
- There the devotees heard the people talking about a mendicant who had come to Jagannatha Puri and seen the Deity of Jagannatha
- They (Krsna, Lord Caitanya or His representatives) come to canvass and educate, and thus a person in the illusory energy of the Supreme Lord gets a chance to mix with them, talk with them and take lessons from them
- This book was collected by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu from southern India, and He presented it to His devotees when He came back from southern India tour. Therefore we accept this book, Brahma-samhita, as very authoritative
- Tomorrow at noon He will come to your home. Therefore please bring all kinds of cooking ingredients. I shall personally cook and offer Him food
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the renounced order of sannyasa in the year 1431 Sakabda (A.D. 1509), He came to the house of Advaita Prabhu at Santipura
- When coming from the Jagannatha temple to return to His house, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit on the ground and mark it with His nails
- When everything was ready, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there alone after finishing His midday duties. He knew the heart of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- When Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had come with His intimate devotees, they both immediately fell down like logs and offered prayers to their lotus feet
- When He saw the deities, Lord Caitanya thought He was seeing Krsna in Kuruksetra. He wondered, "Have I come to Kuruksetra? Where is Vrndavana"
- When Lord Caitanya came to Varanasi after seeing Vrndavana, for two months He lived at the residence of Candrasekhara Vaidya and accepted prasadam at the house of Tapana Misra
- When Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to the holy place known as Kurma-ksetra, He saw the Deity and offered prayers and obeisances
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came forward to embrace him, Sanatana backed away and spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to Jharikhanda on His way to Mathura, He found that the people there were almost uncivilized and were devoid of God consciousness
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to the land of Sri Ranga-ksetra, on the bank of the Kaveri, He visited the temple of Sri Ranganatha and was there overwhelmed in the ecstasy of love of Godhead
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came with His associates of the Panca-tattva, they broke the seal and plundered the storehouse to taste transcendental love of Krsna
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came with His associates of the Panca-tattva, they broke the seal and plundered the storehouse to taste transcendental love of Krsna. The more they tasted it, the more their thirst for it grew
- When Sri Caitanya, after accepting the renounced order of life, went to Jagannatha Puri and then came back to the village of Kuliya, upon His return that sinful man took shelter at the Lord's lotus feet
- When the brahmanas complained to His father that He (Nimai Pandita) was splashing them with water instead of attending school, the Lord suddenly appeared before His father as though just coming from school with all His school clothes and books
- When the devotees chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra loudly, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came to His external consciousness
- When the girls engaged in worshiping the different demigods after bathing in the Ganges, the young Lord would come there and sit down among them
- When the Lord heard the humble petition made by the people, His heart softened. Being very merciful, He immediately came out and gave audience to all of them
- When we chanted the holy name of Krsna, however, You came to semiconsciousness, and we have all been hearing You speak like a madman
- While the Lord was going to Mathura, He came across the river Yamuna several times, and as soon as He saw the river Yamuna, He would immediately jump in, falling unconscious in the water in the ecstasy of love of Krsna
- Who can understand the influence and mercy of Lord Nityananda Prabhu? He is so powerful that He induced Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to come eat chipped rice on the bank of the Ganges