Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Birth"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- After calculating the birth moment of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nilambara Cakravarti privately said to Jagannatha Misra that he saw all the different symptoms of a great personality in both the body and birth moment of the child
- All sorts of respectable brahmana gentlemen and ladies, carrying plates filled with various gifts, came with their presentations. Seeing the newborn child, whose form resembled natural glaring gold, all of them happily offered their blessings
- At His birth, in His childhood and in His early and later boyhood, as well as in His youth, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, under different pleas, induced people to chant the holy name of Hari (the Hare Krsna maha-mantra)
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Brhaspati (Jupiter) was in Dhanu-rasi (Sagittarius) and Purvasadha; Mangala (Mars) was in Makara-rasi (Capricorn) and Sravana
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Budha (Mercury) was in Mina-rasi (Pisces) and Uttarabhadrapada. The lagna was Simha
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Candra (the moon) was in Purvaphalguni (the eleventh lunar mansion); Sani (Saturn) was in Vrscika-rasi (Scorpio) and Jyestha
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Ravi (the sun) was in Kumbha-rasi (Aquarius) and Purvabhadrapada; Rahu was in Purvabhadrapada
- At the time of the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu the planets were situated as follows: Sukra (Venus) was in Mesa-rasi (Aries) and the naksatra (lunar mansion) of Asvini; Ketu (the ninth planet) was in Simha-rasi (Leo) and Uttaraphalguni
- Because of all the antiseptic effects of the nima tree and because Lord Caitanya was born beneath a nima tree, Sita Thakurani gave the Lord the name Nimai. His real name was Visvambhara
- Before the birth of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, eight daughters took birth one after another from the womb of Sacimata, the wife of Jagannatha Misra. But just after their birth, they all died
- I have already briefly spoken about the pastimes of His birth in chronological order. Now I shall give a synopsis of His childhood pastimes
- In this way Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of His causeless mercy, made His advent in the house of Sacidevi. Lord Caitanya is very merciful to anyone who hears this narration of His birth, and thus such a person attains the lotus feet of the Lord
- Lord Caitanya prayed, "I may take birth many times, one after another, but what I pray from You is that my devotion unto You may always remain unflinching"
- Lord Caitanya was born in a high brahmana family and was situated in the highest perfectional stage of sannyasa, He nonetheless showed by His behavior that even an elevated person would not hesitate to take lessons from Ramananda Raya
- On the full-moon evening of the month of Phalguna when the Lord took birth, coincidentally there was also a lunar eclipse
- One day shortly after Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was born, Advaita Acarya's wife, Sitadevi, who is worshipable by the whole world, took her husband's permission and went to see that topmost child with all kinds of gifts and presentations
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Sita Thakurani was astonished to see the newborn child, for she appreciated that except for a difference in color, the child was directly Krsna of Gokula Himself
- Srila Rupa Gosvami said, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who gave you this kingdom and whom you accept as a prophet, has taken birth in your country due to your good fortune"
- The Lord said, "Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth, please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate
- The moon was eclipsed at the time of His (Lord Caitanya) birth, and the people of Nadia were then engaged, as was usual on such occasions, in bathing in the Bhagirathi with loud cheers of "Haribol!"
- The Thirteenth Chapter describes the birth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, which took place with the chanting of the holy name of Krsna