Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Caitanya's Bengali Devotees
Pages in category "Caitanya's Bengali Devotees"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- All the Bengali devotees gathered around Advaita Acarya, and in great jubilation the Acarya departed for Jagannatha Puri to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- All the devotees from Bengal stayed in Jagannatha Puri for the four months of the rainy season and observed many other ceremonies, such as the anniversary of Lord Krsna’s birth
- All the devotees from Bengal would regularly invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for lunch, and the Lord would speak to them in very sweet words
- Along with the devotees from Bengal came a gentleman named Kalidasa. He never uttered anything but the holy name of Krsna
- At the same time, all the devotees from Bengal arrived at the lake and had a great meeting with the Lord
- I have given a brief description of the devotees of Lord Caitanya in Bengal. Actually His devotees are innumerable
- In that garden, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His mercy upon King Prataparudra. Afterwards, when the Bengali devotees were about to return home, the Lord gave separate orders to almost every one of them
- In this way the Lord spent the four months of the rainy season in various pastimes, and then He ordered the Bengali devotees to return to their homes
- It is significant that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Svarupa Damodara Gosvami that the Bengali Vaisnava was "your Gaudiya Vaisnava." This means that all Gaudiya Vaisnavas who are followers of the Caitanya cult are subordinate to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- The devotees from Bengal, whom I am unable to count, all sat down in lines in the courtyard
- The devotees of Orissa are called Udiyas, the devotees of Bengal are called Gaudiyas, and the devotees of southern India are known as Dravida devotees
- The devotees who came from Bengal stayed with Caitanya for four consecutive months, and then the Lord bade them farewell. After the Bengali devotees departed, the devotees who were the Lord's constant companions at Jagannatha Puri stayed with the Lord
- The Gaudiya-sampradaya, consisting of all the devotees from Bengal, began congregational chanting. When they met the Lord, they began to cry loudly in ecstatic love
- The next year, all the devotees of Bengal went to visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and as previously, the Lord met each and every one of them
- The next year, as usual, all the devotees from Bengal went to Jagannatha Puri, and, as in previous years, there was a meeting between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the devotees
- Then, for the third year, all the devotees of Bengal wanted to return again to Jagannatha Puri
- This year I shall personally go to Bengal and meet all the devotees there, headed by Advaita Acarya
- Those devotees who were familiar with pilu fruits sucked on the seeds, but the Bengali devotees who did not know what they were chewed the seeds and swallowed them
- When all the other devotees returned to Bengal after the Ratha-yatra festival, Sanatana Gosvami stayed under the care of the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the devotees from Bengal reached Lake Narendra, Svarupa Damodara and the others met them and offered them the garlands given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu