Pages in category "By Birth"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- A man is not qualified or disqualified simply by birth. Prahlada Maharaja was an asura by birth, yet he possessed all the qualities of a perfect brahmana
- A person who in this life becomes falsely proud, thinking "I am great," and who thus fails to show proper respect to one more elevated than he by birth, austerity, education, behavior, caste or spiritual order, is like a dead man even in this lifetime
- Acaryas who advocate the daiva varnasrama (the social order of catur-varnyam mentioned in the Bhagavad-gita) do not accept the proposition of asura-varnasrama, which maintains that the social order of varna is indicated by birth
- According to Vedic system, there is purificatory process. Janmana jayate sudrah: "By birth everyone is born a sudra." A sudra means without any knowledge and simply full of lamentation
- All the sons of Maharaja Rsabhadeva were ksatriyas by birth, but by quality some of them became ksatriyas, and some became brahmanas
- Although he (Visvamitra) was a ksatriya by birth, he became a brahmana in the very same body by the power of his spiritual achievements
- Any man, whatever he may be, whether a brahmana or sudra by birth, or a householder or mendicant in the order of society, if he is conversant with the science of Krsna, he can be accepted as an acarya or guru, a spiritual master
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him?
- As by birth only one does not become a high-court judge, so also one does not become a brahmana simply by birthright but by acquiring the necessary qualifications of a brahmana
- Both crows and ducks are undoubtedly birds by birth, but they are not of the same feather
- By His (Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) transcendental association He elevated many lowborn, or those disqualified by birth or action, to the status of devotional service and established them in the position of acaryas, or authorities
- Even in the ordinary moral codes (maintained by Canakya Pandita, the great politician and moralist) there is no harm in taking lessons from a person who may be by birth less than a sudra. This is one part of the answer
- Every human being born in India, they should take up this cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. They can take it. Because by birth they have got the right because this Bhagavatam is produced in India, Bhagavad-gita is produced in India
- Everyone is born sudra by birth. It is not that by birth one becomes brahmana; otherwise the sastra would not have stated like this, that janmana jayate sudrah, "By birth everyone is sudra."
- In our Krsna consciousness movement, we are trying to develop the symptoms of brahmana. Not by birth; to educate them, how to become samo damas titiksa arjavam
- In the life of Srila Narada Muni, he became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education
- It is stated in the Vedic literature that by birth everyone is born a sudra, that by accepting the purificatory process one becomes twice-born, that by studying the Vedas one becomes a vipra, which is the preliminary qualification for becoming a brahmana
- It should be understood that all species of life, O son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed-giving father. BG 14.4 - 1972
- Krsna does not say "By birth." By acquiring the qualities and action. One must have the brahminical qualities and act as a brahmana; then he'll be accepted as brahmana
- Krsna said, "It should be understood that all species of life, O son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed-giving father"
- One should accept the varnasrama divisions by qualification, not by birth. Unless this system is introduced, human activities cannot be systematically executed
- One should always remember that brahmanas, ksatriyas and vaisyas should never be regarded as members of a caste by birth
- One should not become falsely proud. One must be respectful toward a person more elevated than he by birth, education, behavior, caste or spiritual order
- Srila Narada Muni became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education, even of the lowest status
- Srngi, a qualified son of a great brahmana, attained the required brahminical power both by birth and by training, but he was lacking in culture because he was an inexperienced boy
- The abode known as Kailasa is full of different herbs and vegetables, and it is sanctified by Vedic hymns and mystic yoga practice. Thus the residents of that abode are demigods by birth and have all mystic powers
- The first answer is that even though it is accepted that he (Vidura) was a sudra by birth, he renounced the world for spiritual enlightenment by the authority of Rsi Maitreya
- The members of the varnas, or social orders-brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra-must be ascertained by their symptoms, not by birth. Birth is immaterial; quality is essential
- To get the human form of life born in India, that is a special prerogative. Bharata-bhumite manusya-janma haila yara (CC Adi 9.41). He is fifty percent prepared by birth
- Try to follow the formula recommended practically by Srila Rupa Goswami, that 50% of one's income be spent for propagating Krishna Consciousness