Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"birth right"|"birth-right"|"birthright"|"right of birth"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Birthright"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A class of men, who claim brahminical qualification simply by their birthright in the family of a brahmana, claim that the study of the Vedas is a monopoly of the brahmana caste only
- As by birth only one does not become a high-court judge, so also one does not become a brahmana simply by birthright but by acquiring the necessary qualifications of a brahmana
- As described in Bhagavad-gita, the caste system is the creation of the Lord and is arranged according to the quality of work rendered to society and not in terms of birthright, as falsely claimed in the present degraded society
- In daiva-varnasrama there cannot be acknowledgement of social status according to birthright because in Bhagavad-gita it is said that the determining considerations are guna and karma, one's qualities and work
- In India nowadays there is a great movement for removing the caste system because the higher caste, brahmanas, they are claiming, due to their birthright, higher position, and the others, they are in inconvenience
- It should be noted that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never acknowledged the stereotyped caste system by birthright; rather, He strictly followed the verdict of the sastras in the matter of one's svarupa, or real identity
- Naturally, when a patient goes to a medical practitioner, he does not look at the birthright of the physician, but at his real, professional qualifications
- No one can be classified as a member of a particular caste, especially of a higher caste - brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya - simply by birthright
- No one knows (in modern times) who is a brahmana, who is a ksatriya, who is a vaisya or who is a sudra, and people claim to belong to a particular social order by birthright only
- No one wants to change his birthright, no one wants to meet death, no one wants to be old or invalid, and no one wants diseases. But these problems are solved neither by the grace of any demigod nor by the so-called advancement of material science
- No question of birthright or community
- That is the birthright in India - they are automatically Krsna conscious. Automatically. Therefore all the demigods, they also desire to take birth in India
- The dog-eater is better than the brahmana with twelve qualifications. Viprad dvi-sad-guna-yutad. Vipra means real vipra, qualified, not the so-called birthright vipra
- The downfall of the brahminical powers began as they gave importance to birthright without culture
- The living entity, being part and parcel of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has the birthright to a position in Vaikunthaloka, or the spiritual world, where there is no anxiety
- The saints and the higher castes or orders of the society are judged by their proportion of knowledge in the science of God, or tattva jnana, and not by any kind of birthright or bodily designations
- The sufferings of jivas situated in the mode of goodness are less than those of jivas situated in the mode of ignorance. Pure Krsna consciousness, however, is the birthright of all living entities
- The wealth of the world actually belongs to Krsna, and every living entity, man and animal, has the birthright to use God's property for his maintenance