Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Bhakti-yogi"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- A yogi, especially a bhakti-yogi, is callous to the opinions of this material world. He is not interested in traveling to the higher planetary systems of the demigods to enjoy a long life in an advanced materialistic civilization
- Among the transcendental mystics, variously classified as karma-yogis, dhyana-yogis, jnana-yogis, hatha-yogis, and bhakti-yogis, the last-named bhakti-yogis are the greatest of all
- Because the devotees are bhakti-yogis, they do not undertake the trouble to meditate upon the impersonal Brahman; as indicated here, they meditate on brahma paramam, or the Supreme Brahman
- Bhakti-yoga is the system that the Gita recommends above all others. Generally, the bhakti-yogis are engaged in five different ways: santa-bhakta; dasya-bhakta; sakhya-bhakta; vatsalya-bhakta; and madhurya-bhakta
- If he (the bhakti-yogi) is completely free from all desires for material enjoyment, he should then reach the cerebral hole and give up his material connections, having gone to the Supreme
- In the disciplic succession of the Brahma-sampradaya, the practice of yoga meditation is not neglected. But because the devotees are bhakti-yogis, they do not undertake the trouble to meditate upon the impersonal Brahman
- Lord Krsna instructs Arjuna that one who renders loving devotional service to Him, the Supreme Lord, is the highest among all yogis, and that Arjuna should thus strive to become such a bhakti-yogi
- Lord Ramacandra returned to His abode, to which bhakti-yogis are promoted. This is the place to which all the inhabitants of Ayodhya went after they served the Lord in His manifest pastimes by offering Him obeisances, touching His lotus feet
- The bhakti-yogi always thinks of Krsna, and therefore at the time of death he can very easily transfer himself to Krsnaloka, without even perceiving the pains of death
- The bhakti-yogi constantly sees Syamasundara - beautiful Lord Krsna with His blackish bodily hue
- The bhakti-yogi should push the life air up between the eyebrows, and then, blocking the seven outlets of the life air, he should maintain his aim for going back home, back to Godhead
- The bhakti-yogi, practicing bhakti-yoga, is always situated on the brahma-bhuta stage (brahma-bhuyaya kalpate)
- There are six circles of the movement of the life air, and the intelligent bhakti-yogi should search out these places with intelligence and in a meditative mood. Among these, mentioned above is the svadhisthana-cakra, or the powerhouse of the life air