Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Association of Pure Devotees of God
This category has the following 44 subcategories, out of 44 total.
Pages in category "Association of Pure Devotees of God"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A devotee's transcendental position within this material world is maintained in the association of pure devotees, simply by hearing the glorious activities enacted by the Lord in different ages and in different incarnations
- A paramahamsa accepts only the association of pure devotees and rejects others, who are too much materially addicted
- A pure devotee considers a moment's association with another pure devotee to be far superior to residing in a heavenly planet or merging in the Brahman effulgence
- After many, many births, when the results of one's pious activities mature, one gets an opportunity to associate with pure devotees. Then one is able to cut the knot of bondage to ignorance, which bound him because of varied fruitive activities
- All the different kinds of worshipers of multidemigods can attain the highest perfectional benediction, which is spontaneous attraction unflinchingly fixed upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead, only by the association of the pure devotee of the Lord
- As attachment can be invoked by the association of pure devotees, so attachment can also be extinguished by committing offenses at the lotus feet of pure devotees
- As such, the association of pure devotees is so transcendentally valuable that no kind of material happiness can compare with it
- Association with pure devotees certainly frees one from the material clutches. This is certainly true of King Rahugana's association with Jada Bharata. King Rahugana was immediately freed from the misgivings of material association
- Association with pure devotees is the beginning of faith in devotional service
- Bali said, "I also desire that if I have to associate with anyone, I may associate only with Your (Krsna's) pure devotees and no one else, for Your pure devotees are always well-wishers of all living entities"
- By associating with pure devotees and by hearing them submissively, attachment for material enjoyment becomes slackened, and attraction for hearing about the transcendental activities of the Lord becomes prominent
- By association with undesirable companions we have learned so many bad habits and similarly by association with pure persons or devotees we can become purified of our acquired bad habits
- By good fortune one becomes eligible to cross the ocean of nescience, and when one's term of material existence decreases, one may get an opportunity to associate with pure devotees. By such association, one's attraction to Krsna is awakened
- By purusottama-yoga, as it is stated in the BG, one is made perfect even during the present corporeal existence, and one exhibits all the good qualities of the Lord to the highest percentage. Such is the gradual development by association of pure devotees
- By serving the feet of great transcendentalists like Maitreya Muni and by constantly associating with them, one is enabled to give up the false idea that the soul suffers from material pangs
- By the association of pure devotees attachment for Krsna can be aroused, but if one commits offenses at the lotus feet of a devotee, one's shadow attachment or para attachment can be extinguished
- By the association of pure devotees only, one can get rid of all sins accumulated by mundane association
- Development of Krsna consciousness in the association of pure devotees is the cause of liberation from this material entanglement
- Due to faith a person associates with pure devotees, and by such association he develops devotional service. As devotional service develops, his misgivings diminish
- Due to their unclean habits they are prohibited, but at the same time they are given other facilities so they may be elevated to the highest grade of devotional service by association with pure devotees
- Elevation to the ecstatic stage of life is generally attained through association with pure devotees, while elevation to that stage by the special mercy of Krsna or His devotee is very rare
- Elevation to this stage of ecstasy can be possible in two ways. One way is constant association with pure devotees. The other way is by the special mercy of Krsna, or by the mercy of a pure devotee of Krsna
- Even a moment's association with a pure devotee cannot be compared to being transferred to heavenly planets or even merging into the Brahman effulgence in complete liberation
- Even by a moments association with a pure devotee, one can achieve all perfection. We are not ashamed to admit that this fact was experienced in our practical life
- Fortunate beginners can develop only in the association of pure devotees of Lord Krsna. When one associates with pure devotees, he becomes a pure devotee himself
- From the very beginning without wasting time in bodily exercises, a devotee searches out a pure devotee and simply by his association becomes more advanced in spiritual consciousness than any yogi
- I assure you that if you follow the regulative principles of chanting 16 rounds, observing strictly the prohibitive injunctions, keep association with pure devotees, plus taking care of the Deities in the Temple, surely all your problems will be solved
- If an ordinary man develops such attachment for Krsna and fortunately performs devotional activities in the association of pure devotees, he can also rise up to the platform of pure devotional service
- If one is fortunate enough to get the association of a pure devotee, he can easily surpass all the practices for controlling the mind by the mystic yoga process simply by following the regulative principles of Krsna consciousness
- If, due to some righteous activities which provoke devotional service, one is influenced by the service attitude and takes shelter of the good association of pure devotees, he develops attachment for hearing and chanting
- In his (Narada Muni's) previous life he was the son of a maidservant, but by good association with pure devotees he became enlightened in devotional service, and in the next life he became a perfect man comparable with himself only
- In that association (of pure devotees), the neophyte devotees must render loving service physically and mentally without reservation
- In the association of pure devotees, by constantly hearing such topics respectfully, even a person who wants to merge into the existence of the Absolute Truth abandons this idea and gradually becomes attached to the service of Vasudeva
- In the association of pure devotees, discussion of the pastimes and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very pleasing and satisfying to the ear and the heart
- In the beginning there must be faith. Then one becomes interested in associating with pure devotees. Thereafter one is initiated by the spiritual master and executes the regulative principles under his orders
- In the life of Srila Narada Muni, he became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education
- It is essential, therefore, that one constantly associate with pure devotees who are engaged morning and evening in chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- It is imperative, that one sincerely seek the association of pure devotees and hear them patiently and submissively from any position of life
- Mucukunda continued, "It is therefore very difficult to get out of material entanglement, but if one is somehow or other favored by You, by Your mercy alone he is given the opportunity to associate with a pure devotee"
- Mucukunda continued, "My dear Lord, You are so merciful that in spite of my being reluctant to associate with Your pure devotees, You have shown Your extreme mercy upon me as a result of my slight contact with such a pure devotee as Garga Muni"
- Mucukunda continued, "That is the beginning of liberation from the entanglement of material life. My dear Lord, only by the association of pure devotees is one able to approach Your Lordship, the controller of both the material and spiritual existences"
- Mucukunda continued, "You (Krsna) are the supreme goal of all pure devotees, and by association with pure devotees one can develop his dormant love for You"
- My dear highly glorified Lord, if one, in the association of pure devotees, hears even once the glories of Your activities, he does not, unless he is nothing but an animal, give up the association of devotees
- O devotees! O you who are free from all sins! Let me inquire from you about that which is supremely auspicious for all living entities. Pure devotee's association for even half a moment in this material world is the greatest treasure for human society
- One cannot be elevated to the highest platform of devotional service by karma-kanda or jnana-kanda. Pure devotional service can be understood and attained only through the association of pure devotees
- One should be very careful to defend the (bhakti) creeper by fencing it in - that is, by following the regulative principles and associating with pure devotees
- One should, therefore, seek the association of such pure unalloyed devotees, and by such association and service a neophyte devotee will certainly develop attachment, love and devotion for the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One who associates with pure devotees or an elevated devotional society goes to the next stage - bhajana-kriya, or acceptance of the regulative principles of worshiping the Supreme Lord
- Only by developing faith in the association of a pure devotee, or by having in one's previous life executed devotional activities, can one actually relish the mellow of devotional service
- Only in the association of pure devotees can the words of Lord Krsna be fully potent and relishable to the heart and ear
- Simply by the association of pure devotees one can understand the transcendental name, fame, quality and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Simply by the association of such pure devotees, the moonlike rays from their hearts reflect on him, and by the influence of the pure devotees he may show some likeness of attachment caused by inquisitiveness, but this is very flickering
- So that is the way of elevating oneself. In whatever condition one may be, if he is fortunate enough to associate with pure devotees, then very quickly he is elevated to the second-class or first-class platform
- Sometimes it is found that a person actually attached to material enjoyment or salvation has the good fortune to associate with pure devotees while they are engaged in chanting the holy name of the Lord
- Srila Narada Muni became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education, even of the lowest status
- Such attachment for Krsna cannot be invoked in a person without his being sufficiently blessed by the association of pure devotees
- Such shadow attachment or para attachment can develop by associating with a pure devotee or by visiting holy places like Vrndavana or Mathura
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Ambarisa Maharaj made his association only with pure devotees and did not allow his body to be touched by anyone else"
- Sukadeva said, "He (Ambarisa) engaged his body in associating with the pure devotees of the Lord. - When you associate with someone you have to sit down together, eat together, etc. - and in this way the touch of your body with their body is inevitable"
- Suta Gosvami confirmed that if someone is fortunate enough to associate with a pure devotee of the Lord even for a moment, that particular moment is so valuable
- The association of pure devotees, the mercy of Krsna and the rendering of devotional service - all these help one give up the association of nondevotees and the material opulence awarded by the external energy, maya
- The beginning of ecstatic love of Godhead is basically faith. There are many societies & associations of pure devotees, and if someone with just a little faith begins to associate with such societies, his advancement to pure devotional service is rapid
- The best thing is therefore not to seek solitude in the beginning but to remain in the midst of pure devotees so that even there is attack of Maya, their association will protect us
- The conclusion is that steady progress in devotional service can be attained only in the association of pure devotees
- The first requirement is faith; it is due to faith that one associates with pure devotees, and, by such association, develops devotional service. As devotional service develops, one's misgivings diminish. Then one is situated in firm conviction
- The intelligent, who have understood the Supreme Lord (Krsna) in association with pure devotees and have become freed from bad materialistic association, can never avoid hearing the glories of the Lord, even though they have heard them only once
- The intelligent, who have understood the Supreme Lord in the association of pure devotees and have become free from bad, materialistic association, can never avoid hearing the glories of the Lord, even though they have heard them only once
- The K C movement is based on this principle. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung, "My dear Lord, let me be engaged in Your transcendental loving service, as indicated by the previous acaryas, and let me live in the association of pure devotees"
- The living entities are wandering in different species of life on different planets, but if by chance they get the association of a pure devotee (sadhu), they give up all other engagements and engage in the service of Lord Krsna
- The Lord's glories and the Lord Himself are identical. One has to be qualified to understand this absolute truth; therefore one should be given a chance to associate with a pure devotee. Our Krsna consciousness movement is meant for this purpose
- The release is only effected by association with pure devotees. By such association one is gradually promoted to his transcendental consciousness
- The root cause of devotional service to Lord Krsna is association with advanced devotees. Even when one's dormant love for Krsna awakens, association with devotees is still most essential
- The subject matter is so nice that the devotees who are engaged in Krsna consciousness in the transcendental loving service, they like. And in the association of pure devotees these topics become palatable. There are many instances in the Bhagavata also
- The summary is that one has to, first of all, seek the association of pure devotees who not only are learned in the Vedanta but are self-realized souls and unalloyed devotees of Lord Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead
- The topmost benediction for those who are living in this material world and are subjected to the repetition of birth and death (transmigration) is association with pure devotees
- The value of a moment's association with a devotee of the Lord cannot be compared even to the attainment of the heavenly planets or liberation from matter, and what to speak of worldly benedictions in the form of material prosperity
- The Vedas said, "As such, Your devotees who have left their domestic comforts to associate with the liberated acaryas (teachers) are now fully merged in the devotional service of Your Lordship, and thus they do not care for any so-called liberation"
- The verdict of all revealed scriptures is that by even a moment's association with a pure devotee, one can attain all success
- The word 'atma' sometimes means 'the mind.' In this case the word 'atmarama' means 'a person who is satisfied by mental speculation.' When such a person associates with a pure devotee, he takes to devotional service at the lotus feet of Krsna
- These are practical examples of how one can develop to the stage of ecstatic love simply by the association of pure devotees
- They (the four kumaras) were inquisitive and were always asking Suta Gosvami about Krsna. Thus they achieved the association of a pure devotee and became pure devotees themselves
- This attraction for KC in association with pure devotees is the sign of great fortune. It is confirmed by Lord Caitanya that only the fortunate persons, by the mercy of both a bona fide spiritual master & Krsna, will get the seed of devotional service
- This extinguishing is like the waning moon, which gradually decreases and at last becomes darkness. One should therefore be very careful while associating with pure devotees to guard against committing an offense at their lotus feet
- This stage of santa-rasa can be attained by the impersonalists only when they are in association with pure devotees
- Those who are always attached to understanding the transcendental meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam, who are always eager to associate with advanced devotees the seed of love (rati) is expanded in the heart by previous and current reformatory processes
- Those who are always busy with fruitive activities come to the Lord in material distress and at that time associate with pure devotees and become, in their distress, devotees of the Lord
- Thus, by the mercy of the Lord, who is situated in everyone's heart, one gradually develops his faith in the descriptions of such authoritative scriptures. This is the first stage of association with pure devotees
- Transcendental attachment is so powerful that if such attachment is seen manifested even in some common man, by the association of a pure devotee it can bring one to the perfectional stage
- We do not want liberation. We want to serve the purpose of the Gosvamis, in association with pure devotees. To stop birth and death is not our purpose
- While the bhakti creeper is growing, the devotee must protect it by fencing it all around. The neophyte devotee must be protected by being surrounded by pure devotees