Asking a Spiritual Master
Pages in category "Asking a Spiritual Master"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- Because Pariksit Maharaja wanted to clear up the situation, his spiritual master answered him very intelligently, "Why are you again asking about the same subject matter which has already been explained to you? Why are you so forgetful?"
- By going to a spiritual master and asking for his instructions and then not following them, one simply wastes his time. Nor should one approach the spiritual master with a challenging spirit, but should go with the aim of rendering service
- Hiranyakasipu asked his son, kim balah: "How have you overcome my order? By whose strength have you done this?"
- Hiranyakasipu marked Prahlada's observation and asked him, "Where is your God?" Prahlada Maharaja replied, "He is everywhere." Then Hiranyakasipu asked, "Why is He not in this pillar before me?"
- His (Prahlada) father was surprised, so he asked him, "How have you taken to Krsna consciousness?" The answer was, - My dear father, Krsna consciousness cannot be achieved by a person like you, whose job is always simply to enjoy this material world
- Maharaja Pariksit also asked Sukadeva Gosvami why Sri Krsna, just after His appearance as the son of Vasudeva, was immediately carried to the house of Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana, Gokula
- Maharaja Pariksit asked Sukadeva Gosvami how many years Lord Krsna remained in human society, how many years He reigned over the kingdom of Dvaraka, and how many wives He accepted there
- Maharaja Rahugana concluded that it was appropriate to ask him about atma-tattva, the spiritual science. Tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet (MU 1.2.12). This Vedic injunction is also confirmed herein - SB 5.10.19
- Maharaja Yudhisthira thought that because he was a grhastha there was no hope of his being liberated, and therefore he asked Narada Muni how he could get out of material entanglement
- Narada then left and went on to the cobbler, who asked him, "Oh, you have seen the Lord? Tell me, what was He doing?" "He was threading an elephant through the eye of a needle," Narada replied
- Narayana said. - When they (the brahmana and the cobbler) ask you (Narada) what I am doing in My abode, tell them that I am threading the eye of a needle with an elephant
- The discourse concerning Lord Nrsimhadeva and Prahlada Maharaja began when Maharaja Yudhisthira asked Narada how Sisupala had merged into the body of Krsna
- The followers, disciples & sons are all on one level for the bona fide spiritual master, he is always kind to them and always speaks to them on transcendental subjects, even though he is not asked by them. That is the bona fide spiritual master's nature
- The King asked Sukadeva Gosvami: Where and when did the meeting and discussion take place between Saint Vidura and His Grace Maitreya Muni? Kindly oblige, my lord, and describe this to us
- They (the residents of Vrndavana) would come to Sanatana Gosvami, and they would ask him to become mediator, arbitrator, to settle up. And whatever verdict or judgment he will give, they will accept, that - Baba has said. That's all right
- This verse (CC Madhya 20.270) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 2.9.10) was spoken by Srila Sukadeva Gosvami. He was answering the questions of Pariksit Maharaja, who asked how the living entity falls down into the material world
- When a disciple is perfectly in consonance with the spiritual master, having received his message and executed it perfectly and sincerely, he has a right to ask a particular favor from the spiritual master
- When Hiranyakasipu asked Prahlada Maharaja, "Where is your Lord? Is He present in this pillar?" Prahlada Maharaja fearlessly replied, "Yes, my Lord is present everywhere"
- When Vasudeva, Krsna’s father, asked Devarsi Narada in Dvaraka about devotional service, it was mentioned that previously King Nimi, who was the King of Videha, was instructed by the nine Yogendras
- Whenever you are in doubt you can ask me, and I am at your service. But one point you should not miss is that this life is very important to awaken our dormant Krishna Consciousness, and we should not miss this opportunity in any circumstance