Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
army | army's | armies
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Army"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Abhimanyu was the son of Subhadra, Krsna's younger sister. He was killed at the Battle of Kuruksetra by the combined efforts of all the commanders in King Duryodhana's army - namely, Karna, Asvatthama, Jayadratha, Bhisma, Krpacarya and Dronacarya
- Among the demons (who were resisting the armies of King Indra) were Namuci, Sambara, Anarva, Dvimurdha, Rsabha, Asura, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Puloma, Vrsaparva, Praheti, Heti and Utkala
- Arjuna said: O infallible one (Krsna), please draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those present here, who desire to fight, and with whom I must contend in this great trial of arms
- If you did not roam about the world like the brilliant sun, leading a huge army whose trampling feet cause the globe of the earth to tremble, then all the moral laws governing the varnas and asramas created by the Lord Himself would be broken
- In other incarnations the Lord descended with armies and weapons, but in this incarnation His soldiers are His plenary parts and associates
- Marshal Arjuna pretended to display philosophical ignorance and weakness, like an ordinary man, when with his chariot between the two opposing armies on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, he refused to fight
- Mounted on animals of the water, land and sky, including animals with deformed bodies, both armies (the demigods and the demons) faced each other and went forward
- Sanjaya said: O descendant of Bharata, having thus been addressed by Arjuna, Lord Krsna drew up the fine chariot in the midst of the armies of both parties
- Srimad-Bhagavatam clearly states that He (Krsna) left the battlefield in spite of having ample military strength. Even without His militia, He alone would have been sufficient to defeat the army of Jarasandha, as He had done seventeen times before
- Srimad-Bhagavatam states that the Sudarsana cakra penetrated the darkness just as an arrow released from the Sarnga bow of Lord Ramacandra penetrated the army of Ravana
- Subhash Bose and the INA (Indian National Army)
- There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his fathers-in-law and well-wishers
- These books and magazines are our most important propaganda weapons to defeat the ignorance of maya's army, and the more we produce such literature and sell them profusely all over the world, the more we shall deliver the world from the suicide course
- To practice austerity requires that you understand my books or else it is like army rules and regulations
- We are not dogma or like army-camp, no. We are servants of Krishna
- We shall all be like one great army of heroes for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the army of the enemy was full of soldiers, elephants and horses, Lord Parasurama proceeded into their midst at the speed of mind to kill them. When somewhat tired, he slowed down to the speed of wind and continued to kill the enemies vigorously
- When the enemy, headed by Jarasandha, found that they were gradually being defeated by the soldiers of Krsna, they thought it unwise to risk losing their armies in the battle for the sake of Sisupala
- When the soldiers saw that Sisupala was not competent to fight with Krsna, they decided not to lose their armies unnecessarily; therefore they ceased fighting and dispersed
- While Krsna was dealing with Rukmi in this way, the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty, commanded by Balarama Himself, broke the whole strength of Rukmi's army just as an elephant in a pond discards the feeble stem of a lotus flower