Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
aristocracy | aristocracies | aristocrat | aristocratic | aristocratically | aristocrats
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Aristocracy"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- A person born in a low family is not unfit for discharging devotional service to Lord Krsna, nor is one fit for devotional service simply because he is born in an aristocratic family of brahmanas
- A person born into an aristocratic or highly placed family but who does not act accordingly is put into the hellish trench of blood, pus and urine called the Vaitarani River
- A pure devotee who has firm faith in the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is to be considered a most learned scholar, the topmost aristocrat and the richest man in the whole world
- According to sastra, the effect of pious activity is that you can get birth in a very respectable, aristocratic family, you can get very nice wealthy position, you can become very beautiful, and you can become very learned
- Actually the members of the Kuru dynasty were very much puffed up due to their opulence, kingdom, aristocracy, family tradition, great warriors, family members and vast, expansive empire
- After prolonged life there (the higher planets), one (the yogi who falls after a short period of practice) is sent back again to this planet, to take birth in the family of a righteous brahmana vaisnava or of aristocratic merchants
- An aristocratic birth, an advanced education, beautiful bodily features, wealth and similar results of pious activities are all unnecessary for advancement in spiritual life, for one can very easily advance simply by chanting the holy name
- Any aristocracy, any social prestige or any advancement of material civilization without Krsna consciousness is as good as the decoration of a dead body
- Aristocratic devotees
- At this time the Bhattacarya had a son-in-law named Amogha, who was the husband of his daughter Sathi. Although born in an aristocratic brahmana family, Amogha was a great faultfinder and blasphemer
- Both Hiranya Majumadara and Govardhana Majumadara were very opulent and magnanimous. They were well behaved and devoted to brahminical culture. They belonged to an aristocratic family, and among religionists they were predominant
- By good work we get good heritage, birth in a very good place, in a high family, in rich family, aristocratic family
- By your principles of devotion to your husband, you have achieved and can enjoy transcendental gifts very rarely obtained by persons proud of aristocracy and material possessions
- For material enjoyment He has prescribed so many ritualistic sacrificial performances in the Vedas, and thus people may take advantage of those instructions and enjoy material life in higher planets or in a noble aristocratic family
- Formerly great aristocratic families kings, and rich men, they used to engage a qualified brahmana to copy Srimad-Bhagavatam in handwriting, and then present it to a suitable person, especially brahmanas, in a gold casket
- I was born 1st September 1896 in Calcutta as the third son of my father, the late Gaura Mohon Dev, and mother, the late Rajani Devi, in the family of one of very respectable Gold merchant aristocracy of Calcutta
- Illicit sex is not possible with a chaste or aristocratic woman, but only with unchaste sudras. The more society allows prostitution and illicit sex, the more impetus it gives to cheaters, thieves, plunderers, drunkards and gamblers
- In spite of the material assets of janmaisvarya-sruta-sri (SB 1.8.26) birth in an aristocratic family with full opulence, wealth, education and beauty - he was very much aggrieved because in spite of having so many wives, he had no son
- In the Western countries it is not unusual for one to take birth in a rich aristocratic family, nor is it unusual for one to have a good education and a very beautiful body, but this does not mean that Westerners are free from the distresses of life
- In this world someone may become very highly elevated by taking birth in an aristocratic family, by being well educated, beautiful or very rich. These are the gifts for pious activities enacted in the past life
- It is not that because one is very rich or learned or was born in an aristocratic family one will be able to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face. This is impossible
- Many aristocratic families were created by people in their extreme madness, but we can see that in the course of time those families and empires have all been destroyed
- Many monkeys in India were caught and sent to Europe so that their sex glands could serve as replacements for those of old people. Those who actually descend from the monkeys are interested in expanding their aristocratic families through sex
- Material prosperity consists of a good wife, good home, sufficient land, good children, aristocratic family relations, victory over competitors and, by pious work, attainment of accommodations in the higher celestial planets
- Money is the criterion, not family. Formerly, there was family, respectable family, aristocratic family, brahmana family, ksatriya family. All these things are gone now. If you accumulate some money some way or other, then you are respectable
- More wealth, more women and false aristocracy are some of the demands of the materially disposed man because he has no information of the benefit derived from Visnu worship
- Sir, You are living within a society of great, great brahmanas and aristocrats, but without fear or shame You adore a lower-class man like me
- So aristocracy and respectability, these things were according to culture, according to education. But nowadays, what is that? Vittam eva kalau nrnam. If you get money somehow or other, then everything is there
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Don't touch him, for he belongs to a very low caste. You are a follower of Vedic principles and are a well experienced performer of many sacrifices. You also belong to the aristocracy"
- The Bhoja dynasty refers to those who were simply interested in sense gratification and were therefore not very aristocratic. Another meaning of bhoja is "fighting." These were indications of defamation for Kamsa
- The demoniac person thinks: "He is my enemy, and I have killed him, and my other enemies will also be killed. I am the lord of everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives"
- The Gandharva Visvavasu, while flying in the sky, could see Devahuti playing ball on the roof of the palace. Ball playing was also current, but aristocratic girls would not play in a public place
- The six Gosvamis came from greatly rich and aristocratic families, but when they adopted the life of mendicants at Vrndavana, superficially they appeared to be in wretched conditions of life, but factually they were the richest of all in spiritual value
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is always favorable to the humble and meek, but aristocrats, learned scholars and the wealthy are always proud of their positions
- The title Mullik is found not only among the Muslims but also among the Hindu aristocracy. This title is not restricted to a particular family but is given to different families and castes. The qualifications for receiving it are wealth and respectability
- The unsuccessful yogi, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy (BG 6.41)
- They unanimously agreed, "If you offer your daughter to a degraded family, your aristocracy will be lost. When people hear of this, they will make jokes and laugh at you"
- Those who are born in such families (aristocratic families) may take advantage of the facilities and try to elevate themselves to full Krsna consciousness
- Those who are puffed up with material education, wealth, aristocracy and fruitive activity are very proud of possessing material things, and they often deride the devotees. Even if such people offer the Lord worship, the Lord never accepts them
- To accept more material enjoyment means to bind oneself more and more to the miseries of material existence. More wealth, more women and false aristocracy are some of the demands of the materially disposed man
- When a person is poverty-stricken, naturally his false pride in aristocracy, wealth, education and beauty is smashed
- Whereas you are a learned scholar, a rich man belonging to an aristocratic family, I am a poor man, uneducated and with no claim to aristocracy
- Whether in the West or the East, aristocratic men in the Kali-yuga adopt the fashion of going to the forest and unnecessarily killing animals
- Who in this world does not want to possess wealth, beauty and the social respectability that come from these opulences? People generally desire material enjoyment, material opulence and the association of aristocratic family members
- You are a most aristocratic family man, well educated and very rich. I am not at all aristocratic, and I am without a decent education and have no wealth
- You have to live ten months within the womb of your mother in suffocated condition, either you take your birth in aristocratic family or in abominable family, either in human mother's womb or animal mother's womb. That does not make any difference