Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
appropriate | appropriated | appropriately | appropriates | appropriating | inappropriate
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Appropriate"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total.
- A person who appropriates another's legitimate wife, children or money is arrested at the time of death by the fierce Yamadutas, who bind him with the rope of time and forcibly throw him into the hellish planet known as Tamisra
- A speech should be composed of selected words, very sweet to hear and appropriate to the situation. Such speech is called meaningful
- According to one's association with the material qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance in this life, in one's next life one receives an appropriate body
- After he takes stock of all books in the different centres, and makes out appropriate bills, and generally adjusts things, then we shall think to order more books
- After speaking to them in this way, I bade them farewell. As I was leaving, Sanatana told Me, 'It is not appropriate for one to be followed by a crowd of thousands when going to Vrndavana'
- All that was spoken by the great sages was very sweet to hear, full of meaning and appropriately presented as perfectly true. So after hearing them, Maharaja Pariksit, desiring to hear of the activities of Lord Krsna, the P of G, congratulated the sages
- Appropriate training
- At the appropriate time, one's next body is immediately chosen, and both the individual soul and the Supersoul transfer to that particular bodily machine
- For one whose mind is unbridled, self-realization is difficult work. But he whose mind is controlled and who strives by appropriate means is assured of success. That is My (Krsna) opinion
- For one whose mind is unbridled, self-realization is difficult work. But he whose mind is controlled and who strives by appropriate means is assured of success. That is My opinion
- Gauracandra has done everything illegally and as Receiver of the state appointed by the court you can recover all the misappropriated money from him
- God is also infallible, and thus in the Bhagavad-gita He is addressed as Acyuta, which means "He who never falls down." This name is appropriate because in the Bhagavad-gita Arjuna falls into illusion but Krsna does not
- He (Lord Caitanya) relished all those feelings in the role of Srimati Radharani, and His appropriate associates for this purpose were Sri Ramananda Raya and Sri Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- Hearing of the transcendental activities of Lord Krsna is therefore expert treatment for the mad mind, and eating the foodstuff offered to Krsna is the appropriate diet for the suffering patient
- Humility and meekness are not appropriate when the acaryas are blasphemed
- I am glad that you have admitted about the GBC members not very appropriately discharging their duty. I do not mind this discrepancy but you should be alert; you and all GBC members
- I am very sorry to learn that our press is lying idle, and your remark in this connection that we have purchased the cart before the horse is appropriate
- I see that your attitude is quite appropriate and so I pray to Krishna to bestow upon you all his blessings
- I very much approve of your enclosed brochure, and I am pleased by your festival plan for the colleges all over the state. Actually, this roving Sankirtana and college program is the most appropriate plan for spreading Krishna Consciousness and preaching
- I want that in all of our books, magazines and other writings the scholarly presentation be given in all instances, so for every Sanskrit word there must be the appropriate spelling and diacritic marks
- In the beginning of your letter your comparison of the soldier and commander is very appropriate. We are on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, one side Maya, the other side Krsna
- In this connection the example of the rainy season is very appropriate. Seasonal rainfall may be taken as the agent for creation because after the rainfall the wet fields are favorable for growing different types of vegetation
- In this verse, Arjuna's questions are very appropriate. He wants to know the symptoms of a person who has already transcended the material modes. He first inquires of the symptoms of such a transcendental person
- It may also be appropriate to explain, in these days of controversy, the origin of life. The life force of the living entity - the soul - is different from the ovum and semen of the human being
- Kaliya's wives said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have descended to punish all kinds of demoniac living creatures. Our husband, this Kaliya, is a greatly sinful creature, and so Your punishment for him is quite appropriate"
- Kasyapa warned his wife that because Lord Siva would see their sex indulgence, the time was not appropriate
- King Puranjana's coming home, taking bath and having an appropriate dinner indicate that a materialistic person must retire from sinful activities and become purified by accepting a spiritual master and hearing from him about the values of life
- Krsna consciousness means advanced stage of knowledge. It is not in the material platform. Therefore anyone who is in Krsna consciousness appropriately and thoroughly, he is liberated from material consciousness
- Krsna said, "Your (the gopis) feelings of love and affection for Me are very appropriate because I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All living creatures are My parts and parcels, and naturally they are affectionate to Me"
- Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava offered him obeisances in turn and were offered appropriate sitting places. When all were comfortably seated, Akrura washed their feet and sprinkled the water on his head
- The activities of the day evoke dreams at night and induce emotions appropriate to those activities. Similarly, the activities performed in one's lifetime flash across one's mind at the moment of death and determine one's next life
- The affection between the Lord and the living entities is something like that between the male and the female; therefore the term love of Godhead is quite appropriate
- The all-inclusive welfare service for the entire human society is devotional service to the Lord, and, as requested by Vidura, the sage described the same very appropriately
- The comparison of the friction of forest bamboos to that of passionate human societies is appropriate. The whole world is compared to a forest. At any moment there may be a flare-up of fire in the forest due to friction
- The Earth personified said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supersoul, in order to satisfy the aspirations of Your devotees, You descend to the earth in Your various transcendental incarnations, which are just appropriate to the devotees' worshipful desire"
- The example given herewith by the queens is very appropriate. The riverbeds become dry when the ocean no longer supplies water through the clouds
- The example of the sunshine and the material manifestation is very appropriate in understanding the living entity's contact with the material world. In the morning the sun rises, and the heat and light gradually expand throughout the whole day
- The gopis said, "Besides that, although You (Krsna) have repeatedly asked us to return home, and that is a very appropriate instruction, unfortunately we have been stunned here. Our legs have no power to move a step from Your lotus feet"
- The inquiry from Mucukunda about Krsna's being the predominating deity of a planet unknown to him is quite appropriate
- The King (Puranjana), very much fatigued, hungry and thirsty, returned to his royal palace. After returning, he took a bath and had an appropriate dinner. Then he took rest and thus became freed from all restlessness
- The living entities create their enjoyable honeycombs and then enjoy them. The example of the bees is appropriate because when bees try to enjoy their honeycomb, they have to suffer the bites of other bees
- The Lord is always described as the parama-purusa, or the supreme male personality. Thus the affection between the Lord and the living entities is something like that between the male and the female. Therefore the term love of Godhead is quite appropriate
- The philosophy is very simple, but unless one is fit or appropriate person, he cannot understand. No. So in the material world we are materially diseased; therefore it is very difficult for us to understand this Krsna consciousness philosophy
- The Vaisnava philosophers use a very appropriate example, comparing this material world to an earthen pot. When we see an earthen pot, it does not at once disappear and turn into something else
- The word "api" is used in the sense of possibility, question, doubt, censure, aggregation, appropriate application of things, and extravagance
- There is an intimate relationship between the swan and the lotus stem. So the comparison is very appropriate: without becoming a swan, or paramahamsa, one cannot enter into the network stem of the lotus feet of the Lord
- This example stated in the Vedas regarding the sparks of a blazing fire is very appropriate for understanding the condition of different types of living entities
- This ISKCON Press insignia is very appropriately drawn. It bears the real meaning of mrdanga or press and mrdanga are two parallel lines
- To come to the stage of manipulating finer elements like mind, intelligence and spirit, one needs appropriate training, an appropriate mode of life and appropriate association
- To enhance the ecstatic mood of the Lord, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami would sing appropriate songs and Ramananda Raya would recite suitable verses. In this way they were able to pacify Him
- Uddhava said, "Although to accept the invitation offered by Narada as primary is quite appropriate, at the same time, my Lord, it is Your duty to give protection to the surrendered souls. Both purposes can be served if we understand the whole situation"
- Upon seeing the Visnudutas, Ajamila gave up his material body at Hardwar on the bank of the Ganges. He regained his original spiritual body, which was a body appropriate for an associate of the Lord
- You should arrange for them to be sent to New York from where they will be distributed to the appropriate centers. In New Vrndavana we will require seven pairs of Deities for the proposed seven temples
- Your remark that we cannot make Krishna our order supplier is very appropriate. We should always try to supply everything to Krishna and we shall try to avoid any return by Krishna. That is Vaisnava philosophy