"anyone else"|"anyone else's"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► No One Else (46 P)
Pages in category "Anyone Else"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- After the sunset everyone is in darkness. Since the entire world was merged in the darkness of grief, neither Vidura nor Uddhava nor anyone else could be happy
- Amongst various holy names of the Lord, He is also called ajita, or one who can never be conquered by anyone else. Yet He can be conquered by the paramahamsa path, as practically realized and shown by the great spiritual master Brahma
- Anyone else who claims to know it must have heard it from him, for he was the most intimate companion of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Because of this quality, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu satisfied him with mercy not attainable by anyone else
- Bhagavad-gita is not meant for anyone else except the devotee. Bhagavan Sri Krsna could explain this Bhagavad-gita to the jnanis, to the yogis, to the karmis. But why He selected Arjuna?
- Bhagavan creates this whole universe, He does not require anyone's help. He creates the sky. From the sky there is sound; from the sound there is air; from the air there is fire; from fire there is water; and from water the earth is there
- Bhakti means to satisfy Krsna. Bhakti cannot be applied to anyone else. If somebody says that "I am a great devotee of Kali, goddess Kali," that is not bhakti; that is business. Because any demigod you worship, there is some purpose behind
- By dint of pride in His education, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, not caring for anyone else, defeated all kinds of learned scholars while executing His studies
- By giving others the remnants of my food, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) shall consider myself superior and shall be burdened with the weight of false pride. Therefore, always remaining your surrendered disciple, I shall not accept worship from anyone else
- Damodara Pandita was notable for his objectivity as a critic. He did not even spare Caitanya Mahaprabhu from his criticism. This also cannot be imitated by anyone else
- Dear friends, the gopi who has been taken away by Krsna to a secluded place must have worshiped the Lord more than anyone else
- Dear King Dhruva, neither your forefathers nor anyone else before you ever achieved such a transcendental planet
- Dependence and relativity do not exist in Krsna. His activities are not dependent on anyone else's appreciation, nor does He depend on anyone else's help
- Even in the material world one has to be very enthusiastic in his particular field of activity in order to become successful. A student, businessman, artist or anyone else who wants success in his line must be enthusiastic
- Even the beloved girlfriends of Lord Krsna in Vrndavana, the gopis, the dust of whose feet was desired by Sri Uddhava and who are more dear to Krsna than anyone else, regard themselves as Krsna's maidservants
- Father is the seed-giving, life-giving agent. So this life was not transferred to anyone else to take the body. The life-giver, father, gave him the body. Therefore Brahma is called Svayambhu
- For this living entity, no one is dear, nor is anyone unfavorable. He makes no distinction between that which is his own and that which belongs to anyone else
- He (Lord Krsna) is fully independent. He doesn't require to take knowledge from anyone else. Otherwise how He can be origin?
- He (Trnavarta) picked the child up on his shoulders and raised a great dust storm all over Vrndavana, covering everyone's eyes. Within a few moments the whole area of Vrndavana became so densely dark that no one could see himself or anyone else
- His (Visnu's) activities cannot be compared to anyone else's, and therefore the word urukrama is just applicable to Him only
- I am not absolute controller. The absolute controller means who is not controlled by anyone else. He (God) is never controlled by maya
- If one thinks that he is above consulting anyone else, including a spiritual master, he is at once an offender at the lotus feet of the Lord
- If there are suggestions from his friends, children, parents, brothers or anyone else, he should externally agree, saying, "Yes, that is all right," but internally he should be determined not to create a cumbersome life
- If we remain strong in our own literature, we can meet anyone else without any fear
- If we scrutinize the religious systems meant for worship of demigods or anyone else but the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we will find that they are full of envy and therefore impure
- In this Caitanya-caritamrta there is no contradictory conclusion, nor is anyone else's opinion accepted
- Krsna Consciousness cultural movement is not actually Hindu movement, but originally it is India cultural movement. Krsna does not claim Himself either as Hindu or anyone else, but He claims to be the father of all living entities
- Krsna continued, "At that time you (Rukmini) concluded that your beautiful body was not fit to be touched by anyone else; therefore, thinking that I was not coming, you decided to commit suicide and immediately end that body"
- Krsna says, "Anyone who takes shelter of Me - whether a woman, sudra, vaisya or anyone else of low birth - is sure to achieve My association." This is Krsna's guarantee
- Most of my students are coming from the Christian and Jewish groups but because they agreed to follow our principles there was no difficulty to organize the society. Similarly Mohammedan or anyone else who has no objection to our principles is welcome
- Mother Laksmi is described in this verse as sati, the supremely chaste, because she never diverts her attention from the Supreme Personality of Godhead to anyone else
- My dear King, a person who in the absence of an emergency robs a brahmana - or, indeed, anyone else - of his gems and gold is put into a hell known as Sandamsa. There his skin is torn and separated by red-hot iron balls and tongs
- Neither the ascetic, nor one who is greatly munificent, nor one who is famous, nor the great philosopher, nor the great occultist, nor anyone else can achieve the desired result without being engaged in the service of the Lord
- No one is higher or lower than anyone else in transcendental relationships with the Lord, for in the absolute realm everything is equal. But although these relationships are absolute, there are also transcendental differences between them
- O father, this performance (being attracted to your daugher) in which you are endeavoring to complicate yourself was never attempted by any other Brahma, nor by anyone else, nor by you in previous kalpas, nor will anyone dare to attempt it in the future
- O Lord of Madhu, as the Ganges forever flows to the sea without hindrance, let my attraction be constantly drawn unto You without being diverted to anyone else
- One does not have to ask anyone else for these things, for simply by studying the life of Maharaja Bharata, one can attain all desirable things
- One should not wear a fur blanket before the Deity. 21) One should not eulogize or praise anyone else before the Deity. 22) One should not speak any ill names before the Deity. 23) One should not pass air before the Deity
- One who has taken shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is completely protected from all other influences. He no longer serves or is obliged to anyone else. Of course he is not disobedient to anyone
- She (Candrakanti) always engaged herself in meditating on the transcendental form of the Lord & always chanted the glories of the Lord. She did not desire to accept anyone else as her husband. She had firmly decided that only Krsna would be her husband
- So far Ksirodakasayi is concerned, or anyone else who is newcomer, should be allowed some concession. And after some time when he is accustomed to our principle, then we can make the screw tight. I think this point will be sufficient hint to deal with him
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Ambarisa Maharaj made his association only with pure devotees and did not allow his body to be touched by anyone else"
- The bodies are according to my desire. I am desiring something. Just like here we are sitting, so many ladies and gentlemen, but not one of them is similar to anyone else. They have got different bodies. That body is created according to one's desire
- The brahmana knew that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu never went to anyone else's house, yet due to inspiration from the Lord he earnestly requested Him to accept this invitation
- The brahmanas do not seek material comforts from Me. They are very pure and do not want to possess anything. They simply engage in My devotional service. What is the need of their asking for material benefits from anyone else?
- The Gopala-tapani Upanisad says that the word bhakti means engagement in the devotional service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, not of anyone else
- The karmis, jnanis, and yogis, as well as the common politicians and anyone else who is working hard to make a comfortable and peaceful situation in this material world, must clearly realize that the world is transitory and full of misery
- The Lord can be known only by those whom He favors, and not by anyone else. Such special favors are bestowed upon His pure devotees only. Sri Isopanisad thus points to the favor of the Lord, which is beyond the purview of the brahma-jyotir
- The Lord is known as bhuta-bhrt, one who gives protection to all living beings. One should discharge his duties only, for no one but the Supreme Lord can give protection to anyone else. This is explained more clearly in the following verse
- The personified Vedas continued their prayers, "Dear Lord, Your impersonal feature is explained in the Vedas. You have no hands, but You can accept all sacrifices offered to You. You have no legs, but You can walk more swiftly than anyone else"
- The principles of religion dictate that a woman, a cow, a child, a brahmana and an old man must be given all protection by the king or anyone else. Consequently mother earth took the shape of a cow
- The purchase money cannot be given to anyone else; we shall directly deal with the sellers and pay them directly. So direct contact with the sellers is absolutely necessary
- The son of Sukracarya, Hiranyakasipu's spiritual master, said: O enemy of King Indra, O King! Whatever your son Prahlada has said was not taught to him by me or anyone else
- The speculative philosophers and yogis cannot imagine this, because they more or less depend on their own strength. As stated in the Katha Upanisad (1.2.23), the Lord can be known only by those whom He favors, and not by anyone else
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is full in Himself, and He has nothing to accept from anyone else, including the great demigods like Brahma
- The surabhi cow said, "We (the surabhi cows) do not know anyone else as the Supreme, nor do we go to any other god or demigods for protection"
- Then after eating more laddus than anyone else, Madhumangala would still not be satisfied, and he would say to Krsna
- This (Yudhisthira chose to ask his problematic questions to Bhismadeva instead anyone else present there) is all due to the arrangement of the great wheel-carrier Lord Sri Krsna, who establishes the glories of His devotee
- We have offered our respects to them, and we have not been envious of any brother, friends or anyone else. We have also undergone severe austerities within the water and have not taken food for a long time
- We must learn how to do all kinds of varieties of engagements on Krsna's service, not that we shall expect anyone else to act for us and thus avoid something ourselves
- We should not distribute anyone else's book except our own
- Whatever one desires can be attained simply by hearing, chanting and glorifying the activities of Maharaja Bharata. In this way, one can fulfill all his material and spiritual desires. One does not have to ask anyone else for these things
- When a person attains his desired object and feels very fortunate, the luster of his body increases. Because of his own qualities and feelings of greatness, he does not care for anyone else, and this is called garva, or pride
- When one becomes fixed-up in devotional service he never allows anyone else or any condition at all to hamper his service to Krishna or discourage him in any way
- Worship of God is reserved for God only, not for anyone else. But the exchange, cooperation, between men and women for worshiping God, that is essential. Not that woman should be worshiped like God, or man should be worshiped like God
- You are so skilled in war that I do not see anyone else but the most ancient person, Lord Visnu, who can give satisfaction in battle to you. Therefore, O chief of the asuras, approach Him, whom even heroes like you mention with praise
- Yudhisthira also preferred to solve his problematic questions by asking Bhismadeva rather than ask anyone else present there who was seemingly more learned than Bhismadeva