Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
annihilation | annihilations
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Annihilation"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- Actually, death means annihilation of the present body. As soon as the present body stops functioning and mixes with the five elements of material nature, the living entity within the body accepts another body
- After many millions of years, when Lord Brahma comes to the end of his life, the annihilation of the cosmic manifestation takes place. At that time the five elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether - enter into the mahat-tattva
- All mundane relationships are sure to be broken in the course of time, but once one establishes a relationship with the Personality of Godhead in a particular rasa, it is never to be broken, even after the annihilation of the material world
- All the creative energies, which are inconceivable to a common man, exist in the Supreme Absolute Truth. These inconceivable energies act in the process of creation, maintenance and annihilation
- Anything that is material or mundane - be it acquisition of knowledge or of wealth - is vanquished along with the annihilation of the material body
- Avyakta means the night of Brahma, when partial annihilation takes place and the living entities of that particular brahmanda, up to the planets of Brahmaloka, along with the big oceans, etc., all repose in the belly of the virat-purusa
- Below Vaikunthaloka is the material universe, where Lord Brahma and others in Brahmaloka can live until the annihilation of this universe; but that life is not permanent
- Brahma said, "Accept my humble obeisances until the annihilation of this material world. As long as there is sunshine within this material world, kindly accept my humble obeisances"
- Brahma said, "Because You are not one of the creations of this material world, even after the annihilation of this world, Your existence as You are will continue"
- Brahma-lina, merging into the Supreme Brahman, is not actual lina, or annihilation, for the subtle form remaining in the Brahman effulgence will return to the material world after the material creation and again assume a material form
- By mistake the doormen held the sages from entering Vaikunthaloka, but because they were engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord, their annihilation was not expected by advanced devotees
- Devaki said, "The creation, maintenance and annihilation of this cosmic manifestation are effected only by Your plenary portion. I therefore take shelter of You without reservation"
- Devotees do not fear the annihilation of the body, for they are confident that after the annihilation they will go back home, back to Godhead
- Due to a lack of Krsna consciousness, all this creation and annihilation is going on under the name of human civilization. This cycle continues due to man's lack of knowledge of the soul and the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Due to our long association with bodily relationships, bereavement on account of the annihilation of friends and relatives is not at all astonishing, but one has to learn the art of subduing such bereavement with higher, transcendental knowledge
- During one lifetime, a materialist engages in acquiring land, money, friends, society, friendship, love and so on. He also wants to enjoy the heavenly planets after the annihilation of the body
- Especially at the present moment, misguided men are suffering in the darkness of materialism, and their so-called learning has enabled them to discover the atomic bomb. They are consequently on the verge of annihilation
- Even during the annihilation of the material world, the process of bhakti-yoga can be applied. The Lord is worshiped in devastation because He protects the Vedas from being annihilated. He is worshiped in every millennium or yuga
- Everything in the cosmic manifestation emanates from the Absolute Truth, remains in the Absolute Truth, and after annihilation again enters the Absolute Truth
- Everything which has form in this material world is subject to creation, maintenance and annihilation, but because the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, does not have a material form subject to these limitations
- For a compassionate soul like Vidura, especially in his dealings with the beloved Pandavas, it was almost impossible to disclose an unpalatable piece of news like the annihilation of the Yadu dynasty. Therefore he purposely refrained from it
- For creation, maintenance and annihilation, the Supreme Lord incarnates into three - Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva - after manifesting the material cosmos
- For example, there are many things made of clay, such as earthen pots, dishes and bowls. After their annihilation, these things may be transformed into many other material objects, but in all cases their existence as clay continues
- I do not die even after the annihilation of this body. Then where is my eternal body? This question should be raised by the human form of life. Athato brahma jijnasa
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- If a soul surrendered to Krsna can get out of the influence of material energy, then how can the Supreme Lord, who conducts the creation, maintenance and annihilation of the whole cosmic nature, have a material body like us?
- If one argues, "What is the purpose of this sinful creation and annihilation?" the answer is that to prove His (the Supreme Lord's) omnipotence He can do anything, and no one can question Him
- In all the activities of creation and annihilation, the living entity is entangled in fruitive activities, which are executed by the illusory energy, maya. He is exactly like a computer handled by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In that same verse it is stated that the Lord is the creator, maintainer and annihilator of the cosmic manifestation and that He enabled Lord Brahma to create the universe by infusing him with the knowledge of the Vedas
- Indirectly, the sons and followers of Rudra are advised to stop the business of annihilation, following the Rudra principle while the peaceful creation of Brahma is going on
- Intelligence engaged in My devotion cannot be thwarted at any time. Even at the time of creation, as well as at the time of annihilation, your remembrance will continue by My mercy
- It is difficult, however, for the conditioned soul to enter another body unless the present dead body is annihilated through cremation or some other means
- It is within our experience that every created thing is subject to annihilation. The eternality of the spirit soul is proved through its noncreatability by material means
- Janma adi means birth is also coming from Krsna, maintained also by Him, and when it is destroyed, it goes unto Him. That is called janma adi, means birth, maintenance, and annihilation
- Just as the soul is not annihilated, even after annihilation of the material body, so also these spiritualized activities are not annihilated, even after the annihilation of the body or mind
- Krsna said, "It is always of the same physical composition, whether in its beginning, during its existence or after its annihilation"
- Krsna says, "Prior to the cosmic creation, only I exist, and no phenomena exist, either gross, subtle or primordial. After creation, only I exist in everything, and after annihilation, only I remain eternally"
- Krsna was awaiting the annihilation of His own dynasty, called the Yadu-vamsa, who appeared by His will in this world. He wanted to take them away before His own departure to His eternal abode
- Krsna's pastimes - appearance, childhood, boyhood & youth - are all manifested, beginning with the killing of Putana & extending to the end of the mausala-lila, the annihilation of the Yadu dynasty. All of these pastimes are rotating in every universe
- Living entities are fallible because when they come in contact with the material world they lack their spiritual identity, and thus the body materially obtained becomes subjected to birth, growth, transformation, situation, deterioration and annihilation
- Living force is not finished even after the annihilation of this body. Very nice statement by Krsna
- Lord Krsna is described herein as Visnu, and this is also significant. Lord Krsna, the original Personality of Godhead, does the work of protection and annihilation in His capacity of Visnu. Lord Visnu is the plenary expansion of Lord Krsna
- Narada Muni said, "According to Your (Krsna's) perfect plan, this material world is created by the interaction of the modes of nature, and by You it is maintained and annihilated"
- Narada said, "His (Krsna) knowledge is not affected by the process of creation, maintenance and annihilation, nor is it ever influenced by any agency beyond Himself, nor is it agitated by the interactions of the material qualities"
- Narada, like Vidura, did not disclose the imminent annihilation of the Yadu dynasty, but indirectly gave a hint to the King and his brothers to wait till the incident happened and the Lord departed
- Once, at the end of the previous kalpa, a demon named Hayagriva wanted to take the Vedic knowledge away from Lord Brahma at the time of annihilation. Therefore the Supreme Personality of Godhead took the incarnation of a fish
- One should not be disturbed by annihilation of the material body, which is only an external dress of the living soul. All this was perfectly known to Maharaja Yudhisthira, but by the will of the Lord he became just like a common man
- One should not be very anxious about the body's changing from childhood to boyhood, from boyhood to old age and then to apparent annihilation. Rather, one should be very seriously concerned about the soul within the body
- Pradhana is not the time element because in the time element there are actions and reactions, creation and annihilation
- Prior to the cosmic creation, only I (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) exist, and no phenomena exist, either gross, subtle or primordial. After creation, only I exist in everything, and after annihilation, only I remain eternally
- Since the living entities are never destroyed, the annihilation of the material world does not annihilate the existence of the living entities, but until liberation is attained one has to accept one material body after another, again and again
- Since the Lord is absolute, everything done by Him is good for everyone. But when He descends on earth, He acts for the protection of the devotees and for the annihilation of the impious nondevotees
- That fragment of the Supreme Lord, known as the Maha-purusa, appears for the purpose of creation, maintenance and annihilation and is called an incarnation
- That is the defect of their civilization. Na hanyate hanyamane sarire (BG 2.20). They are taking care of the body, but beyond the body there is something else, which is eternal. Even after the annihilation of the body, it does not become destroyed
- The Brahma-samhita clearly describes Brahman, "It flourishes on the strength of Govinda and after annihilation enters into and is conserved in Govinda"
- The cosmic manifestation is nondifferent from You, and the annihilation is also caused by You. This relationship between Your Lordship and the cosmos is illustrated by the example of the seed and the tree, or the subtle cause and the gross manifestation
- The demigods, being like other living entities in the material world, are all liquidated at the time of the annihilation of the material structure. They are themselves unable to get liberation, and what to speak of giving liberation
- The entire cosmic manifestation is a gigantic body, but if we accept that it always exists, there can be no question of annihilation. Therefore the attempt to annihilate everything in order to attain zero is an absurdity
- The heat created by the flash of a brahmastra resembles the fire exhibited in the sun globe at the time of cosmic annihilation
- The heat created by the flash of a brahmastra resembles the fire exhibited in the sun globe at the time of cosmic annihilation. The radiation of atomic energy is very insignificant in comparison to the heat produced by a brahmastra
- The human life, however, is an opportunity to get out of this repetition of creation and annihilation. It is a means whereby one may escape the Lord's external potency and enter into His internal potency
- The independent Personality of Godhead enjoys His pastimes by His internal potency and at the time of annihilation gives them up to the external potency, and He remains a witness to it all
- The liberated living entities, however, in the sanatana (eternal) manifestation, are unconditionally surrendered souls, and therefore they are not subject to the conditions of creation and annihilation
- The living beings remain asleep within the body of the Lord until there is another creation of the material world, and that is the way of the creation, maintenance and annihilation of the material manifestation
- The living spirit is eternal - he has no end and no beginning and thus can never be created by any method whatsoever. After all, it is within our experience that every created thing is subject to annihilation
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord, You have descended especially for the purpose of annihilating all kinds of disturbing elements within the world, and because You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, there is no difference between Your mercy and Your punishment
- The nature of the material world is destructive. According to the Bhagavad-gita, there is some partial truth to the assumption of the physical scientist that there is annihilation of the material and antimaterial worlds when they chance to clash
- The Supreme Lord is pure spiritual form, transcendental to all material qualities, yet for the sake of the creation of the material world and its maintenance and annihilation, He accepts through His external energy the material modes of nature
- The Supreme Lord Personality of Godhead is Himself this cosmos, and still He is aloof from it. From Him only has this cosmic manifestation emanated, in Him it rests, and unto Him it enters after annihilation
- The Supreme Lord Personality of Godhead is Himself this cosmos, and still He is aloof from it. From Him only this cosmic manifestation has emanated, in Him it rests, and unto Him it enters after annihilation
- The three kinds of annihilations are (1) due to the scheduled time of the annihilation of the entire universe, (2) due to a fire which emanates from the mouth of Ananta, and (3) due to one's qualitative actions and reactions
- The Vedic injunctions define the source of creation and dissolution as yato va imani bhutani jayante, "He from whom this cosmic manifestation has emanated and in whom, after annihilation, everything will merge"
- The whole creation thus merges within the body of transcendental Narayana at the time of annihilation, and the creation emanates from His body again with the same unchanging categories of fate and individual nature
- There are nine different kinds of creations besides the one which naturally occurs due to the interactions of the modes. There are three kinds of annihilations due to eternal time, the material elements and the quality of one's work
- There is no question of creation and annihilation in the brahmajyoti, or spiritual sky. The Bhagavad-gita also confirms that beyond the material sky there is another, eternal, spiritual sky, where everything is eternally existing
- These Vaikuntha planets are known as sanatana-dhama, and they are eternal. They are never annihilated, not even by the annihilation of this material world
- This is the first understanding of self-realization, that soul is eternal, it is not annihilated even after the annihilation of this body
- Those transcendental planets (Vaikunthalokas) are of a different nature altogether, and that nature is not subjected to the rules and regulations of material creation, maintenance or annihilation
- Those who cannot catch the constitutional truth are again merged into the mahat-tattva at the time of the annihilation of the material creation
- Those who have realized the Absolute Truth, they have concluded that the matter has no permanent existence and spirit soul has no annihilation. These two things would be understood
- Thus Brahma is the creator, Visnu is the maintainer, and when the time for annihilation arrives, Siva will finish everything
- Vasudeva said, "Since You (Krsna and Balarama) are the supreme cause of everything, the interactions of the material manifestation - birth, growth, existence, transformation, deterioration and annihilation - are all absent in You"
- Vedic literatures are the guiding directions for the conditioned souls so they can get free from the repetition of creation and annihilation of the material world and the material body
- Vidura was informed that the result of the Battle of Kuruksetra was the annihilation of his friends and relatives as well as the destruction of the Yadu dynasty and also the passing away of the Lord