Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
analogy | analogy's | analogical | analogies | analogize | analogous | analogously
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Analogy"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- A good analogy utilizes as many similarities between two objects as possible. A waterpot is not an active living force, but we are. Ever-silent meditation may be adequate for a waterpot, but not for us
- An analogous example
- An analogy can be given with the sun globe and the sunshine: to remain in the sunshine does not mean one has gone to the sun globe. The temperature of the sun globe is different from the temperature of the sunshine
- An analogy will help us understand the distincion between ourselves and God
- Analogy is not proof; sastra is proof. Foolish people cannot understand or accept, so we use analogy
- Analogy means there must be a majority of similar points
- Analogy, according to law of analogy, the points of similarities must be one. Analogy is perfect when the points of similarities are there
- In Hitopadesa, a Vedic book of ancient fables, there is a lucid analogy entitled Uddesa Indriyanam which explains the relationship of the parts of the body to the whole
- In the above two verses of Rupa Gosvami there are some metaphorical analogies, which indirectly condemn the association of materialistic society, friendship and love
- In Vedic literature, there is always comparison, analogy, with moon, moon-faced, candra-mukhi. There are so many. The best thing is compared with the moon. We have named Mayapur-candra. Mayapur-candrodaya Mandira
- Sometimes a large serpent swallows a smaller one, and merging into the spiritual existence of the Supreme is analogous
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "In His pastimes, Krsna displayed the two ornaments of hyperbole and reverse analogy. Tasting them brought gladness to My mind and fully satisfied My ears and eyes"
- The analogy concerning the spiritual body of the Sat-Guru is acceptable, but not in the material sense. In the material world, the gold box and the gold plated box may be different in price, but in spiritual world there is no such distinction
- The analogy is given that, as the bees go away from a flower that has no honey, so Subala left Vrndavana when he found there was no longer any relishable transcendental pleasure there
- The criminal department is troublesome for the criminal but not for the obedient citizen. Similarly, this material energy is troublesome for the conditioned soul, but it has nothing to do with the liberated souls who are engaged in the service of the Lord
- The use of the words 'laksmir iva' ('like Laksmi') manifests the ornament of meaning called upama (analogy). There is also the further ornament of meaning called virodhabhasa, or a contradictory indication
- There is a good analogy in this connection, showing the relationship between the part and the whole. Lord Vamanadeva is actually the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but He appeared to have been "born" as one of the brothers of Indra
- This is called upama, analogy, the points of similarity. Analogy means the points of similarity. Then you can conclude some idea
- This metaphorical analogy is constructed in such a way that things which seem to be eulogized are condemned, and things which are to be condemned are eulogized