Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Acceptance of a Devotee of God
This category has the following 33 subcategories, out of 33 total.
Pages in category "Acceptance of a Devotee of God"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A devotee's duty is to ungrudgingly accept tribulations from the Lord as a benediction
- A Vaisnava accepts sannyasa out of humility, not out of pride
- A Vaisnava should not even accept charity or food from persons who do not follow the rules and regulations of the Vaisnava principles
- A Vaisnava will accept an invitation from a brahmana or sudra-mahajana if that person is an initiated Vaisnava
- A vaisnava, a sober man, accepts only a man's glories and not his faults, for flies seek sores whereas honeybees seek honey. Haridasa Pandita never found fault with a Vaisnava but considered only his good qualities
- A Vaisnava, especially one who acts as a spiritual master, must not act in such a way (accept charity from rich men or kings). One should always be conscious of this fact
- Actually a Vaisnava is not allowed to take any food offered to the demigods. A Vaisnava is always fixed in accepting prasada offered to Lord Visnu
- Although the brahmana belonged to the Sanodiya community, Srila Madhavendra Puri had seen that he behaved like a Vaisnava and had therefore accepted him as his disciple. The food he had cooked had also been accepted by Madhavendra Puri
- Although Vaisnavas accept Lord Visnu as the Supreme, they are not prone to offend demigods. They give the demigods proper respect. Vaisnavas accept Lord Siva as the best Vaisnava. For a Vaisnava there is no possibility of offending any demigods
- An advanced devotee has no desire to enjoy or reject anything. His only duty is to accept whatever is favorable for the advancement of Krsna consciousness
- As one who is interested in gold accepts all the differently shaped gold ornaments, a Vaisnava, knowing well that all living entities are of the same quality as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, accepts all living entities as eternal servants of God
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was pleased that the Madhvacarya-sampradaya, or the Tattvavada sampradaya, accepted the transcendental form of the Lord. This is the great qualification of the Vaisnava sampradayas
- Confidential devotees of the Lord see in every step a benedictory direction of the Lord. What is considered to be an odd or difficult moment in the mundane sense is accepted as special mercy of the Lord
- If there is a chance to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead, a pure devotee sometimes accepts the salokya, sarupya, samipya or sarsti forms of liberation, but never sayujya
- If they want to insist on touching your feet and there is no other way to avoid it, you can simply remember your predecessor Acaryas and Spiritual Masters and accept them and return namaskara with folded hands. That is the Vaisnava etiquette
- In fact, a Vaisnava should not even accept charity or food from persons who do not follow the rules and regulations of the Vaisnava principles
- In one of Lord Caitanya's Siksastaka verses it is stated, "The devotee should be more tolerant than the tree and more submissive than the grass. He should offer all honor to others, but may not accept any honor for himself"