Abhidheya - Devotional Service to God
Pages in category "Abhidheya - Devotional Service to God"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- That by which one can attain loving service to the Lord I have described in detail as the execution of devotional service, called abhidheya
- The conclusion is that devotional service is the only means for approaching the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This system is therefore called abhidheya. This is the verdict of all revealed scriptures
- The living entity is an eternal servant of Krsna. (CC Madhya 20.108) Therefore, to act in that relationship one must perform sadhana-bhakti, or the prescribed duties of service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is called abhidheya-jnana
- The next step (of abhidheya) is prayojana-siddhi, or fulfillment of the ultimate goal of one's life
- Through the study of Vedic literatures - of which the essence is the Bhagavad-gita - one comes to Krsna consciousness. Thus one engages in devotional service, called abhidheya
- When a brahmana engages in the Lord's service, fully understanding his eternal relationship, his devotional service is called abhidheya. When one attains that stage, he is called a bhagavata, or Vaisnava
- When by learning from the self-realized spiritual master one actually engages himself in the service of Visnu, functional devotional service begins. The procedures of this devotional service are known as abhidheya, or actions one is dutybound to perform
- When one’s relationship with the Supreme Lord is established, the next program is to act in that relationship. This is called abhidheya, or activity in relationship with the Lord