Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:What to Speak Of
"what to speak of"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Not to Speak Of (24 P)
Pages in category "What to Speak Of"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- What to speak of (BG)
- What to speak of... (CC and Other Books)
- What to speak of... (Conversations 1968 - 1973)
- What to speak of... (Conversations 1974 - 1975)
- What to speak of... (Conversations 1976)
- What to speak of... (Conversations 1977)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, BG ch 1 - 4)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, BG ch 5 - 18)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, NOD - CC - ISO)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, Other)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, SB canto 1)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, SB cantos 2 - 5)
- What to speak of... (Lectures, SB cantos 6 - 12)
- What to speak of... (Letters)
- What to speak of... (SB cantos 1 - 4)
- What to speak of... (SB cantos 5 - 12)
- A lion is sleeping. If he does not work, he'll also starve. He'll also starve. And what to speak of cats and dogs. So this is not possible. Therefore, there is sva-dharma. Sva-dharma means, you are in brahminical quality, your work is this
- A particular person has got special intelligence, special energy. So what to speak of the Supreme Lord. He has got varieties of energies and all of these energies taken together primarily divided into three, the material, spiritual and the marginal energy
- A relationship with the lotus feet of the Lord can even enhance the importance of Lord Siva, what to speak of other, ordinary living entities
- According to our Vaisnava philosophy even a snake or lizard is in the house shall not go without eating, what to speak of other living entities
- According to Vedic system, even after passing my own stool, evacuating, I have to take bath. And what to speak of others' stool. That is the system. So stool is impure. One, after touching stool, he must take bath
- Another gopi said, "Their ears raise up and they become stunned. They do not appear alive but like painted animals. Krsna’s flute-playing is so attractive that even the animals become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves"
- Any center we open cannot be closed at any cost, what to speak of the Calcutta center
- Any imposter, pretender, representing as the incarnation of God or something like that, in those days, the king would not tolerate; immediately would cut his head, what to speak of thieves and rogues
- Anyone who does not give evidences, proof, from the sastra, then na siddhim sa avapnoti, he does not get at any time success, na sukham, neither any happiness in this material world, na param gatim, and what to speak of elevation in the next life
- Anyone who has not faith, for him there is no profit even during this life and what to speak of the next life?
- As far as the great devotees of the Lord are concerned, they can purify a degraded soul even by being seen by the lowborn, and what to speak of association
- As in the Christian church they go and say, "O God, give us our daily bread." That is also good because he has gone to God. The atheists, they do not like to speak of God, what to speak of praying from God
- Because everyone is lower than God, who will conquer Him? Therefore His name is Ajita. Ajita means unconquerable. What to speak of God, you cannot conquer even the energy of God. You are under the material energy of God
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- Brahma said, "It is to be understood that when I, Lord Brahma, the supreme personality of this universe, cannot estimate the childlike body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then what to speak of others?"
- Even dog is afraid, what to speak of man. The animals, when they are taken to be slaughtered, they cry. So animal is afraid of death, why not man? Everyone is afraid
- Even father will be enemy, what to speak of others. If you become Krsna conscious, the whole world will be your enemy. You must be prepared for that. So therefore you require tapasya. Tapasya means voluntarily agree to suffer
- Even great demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva, what to speak of the ordinary conditioned soul, are captivated by the beauty of woman
- Even in the topmost level, the President of United States, he was also caught dealing very unfavorably, and he was forced to resign. And what to speak of others? He is not a poor man, he is not uneducated, the topmost man
- Even Narada used to visit the palace of Maharaja Yudhisthira and what to speak of other celestial demigods. It is only the spiritual culture of the people concerned that makes interplanetary travel possible, even in the present body
- Even ordinary living being, he does not die. Na hanyate hanyamane sarire. And what to speak of such exalted, authorized personality like Bhaktisiddhanta. He is seeing. I never feel that I am alone
- Even pure knowledge does not look well unless it is complemented by transcendental devotional service. And what to speak of fruitive activities when they are devoid of devotional service?
- Even the animals can be captivated by this chanting, what to speak of human beings
- Everyone in the human form of life should be induced to associate with devotees. By rendering a little service, even by eating prasadam, what to speak of chanting and dancing, everyone can be promoted to Vaikunthaloka
- Everyone is violating this first commandment, what to speak of other commandments. Everyone. So it is very difficult to find a real Christian
- Everyone serves the purpose of the Supreme Godhead, and what to speak of such small and insignificant living entities as ourselves? We are surely eternal servants of the Lord
- Exactly as a lamb cannot enjoy life in the presence of a lion, without our desire it is not even possible for the demigods in heaven, headed by King Indra, to find enjoyment in life, what to speak of ordinary human beings!
- If an envious person can get salvation simply by concentrating his mind on Krsna, then what to speak of the gopis, who are so dear to Krsna and always think of Him in love? There must be some difference between the enemies and the friends
- If Brahma could be a victim of the sexual urge, then what of others, who are prone to so many mundane frailties?
- If endowment of powers and withdrawal of powers by the Lord are possible even for a great devotee like Arjuna, or even the demigods in heaven, then what to speak of the ordinary living beings who are but figs compared to such great souls
- If God, or Krsna, is satisfied, then whole world is satisfied. The modern civilization is lacking this knowledge. Asuric civilization, demonic civilization, what to speak of satisfying God, they are denying the existence of God
- If I ask you how many hairs you have got on your head, you do not know. Similarly, we have got this body. I am claiming my body, but I am not in full knowledge of my own body. And what to speak of knowing your body or other's body?
- If Krsna's enemies can expect salvation simply by concentrating their minds on Him, then what to speak of persons who are so dear to Krsna?
- If the demigods cannot find adequate language to express the glories of the Lord, then what to speak of others? Consequently reciters like the suta and magadha felt inadequate to speak about King Prthu
- If the GBC men are so flickering then what to speak of the others. Unless this problem is solved whatever we may resolve it will not be very useful. We shall discuss this at our meeting
- If the Supreme Lord feeds and maintains even the worst sinners, reprobates, and helpless souls, then what to speak of those who are eternally surrendered to His lotus feet ?
- In Bengal there is a proverb that even if there are some dead metal utensils but when they are together they make so much noise, so what to speak of living utensils. So this is natural
- In seven days we cannot understand even one verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam, what to speak of the eighteen thousand verses. That is not possible. But it has become a fashion
- In the Vedic hymns, it is clearly said that first of all Narayana cast a glance over matter and thus there was creation. Before creation, there was neither Brahma nor Siva, and what to speak of others
- Indeed, in Srimad-Bhagavatam one who has a godly nature is actually defined as one who is not affected by the modes of material nature although in material nature. If even a devotee can attain this freedom, then what to speak of the Supreme Lord?
- Insurmountable time even brings about the death of Brahma, so what to speak of other demigods like Indra, Candra, Surya, Vayu & Varuna? The astronomical influence directed by the different demigods over mundane creatures is also conspicuous by its absence
- It requires great strength to resist a woman's attraction. It is difficult for old men, and what to speak of young
- Kali-yuga is so polluted that the minister is dishonest, the judge is dishonest, and what to speak of ordinary men. So only thing is that you get money some way or other. Then you can pass on as a nice gentleman, polished
- Kali-yuga means the age of disagreement. Nobody agrees. Even husband, wife does not agree, what to speak of others. The father, son does not agree. Nobody agrees with anyone. This is the age like that
- Krsna is accepted by all the sadhus as Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Even Sankaracarya, who's an impersonalist, he says, sa bhagavan svayam krsnah devaki-nandanah. He accepts. And what to speak of other Vaisnava acaryas
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "Even if they are offered the four kinds of spiritual opulences, they will refuse to accept them. So what to speak of their desiring anything within the material world"
- Krsna said, "Therefore I think your mothers, your fathers, your elder brothers and even your sons, and what to speak of your husbands, must be very anxious to find you"
- Krsna's lila, it is eternal. Somewhere it is going on. And you have no experience of one brahmanda, what to speak of innumerable brahmandas
- Krtavarma said that Kamsa, although powerful and assisted by many demons, could not be saved from Krsna's wrath, and what to speak of Jarasandha, who had been defeated by Krsna seventeen times
- Kunti continued, "Even ordinary devotees who simply think of You (Krsna) are always immune to all kinds of material danger, and what to speak of ourselves, who are personally remembered by You. So, my dear Krsna, there is no question of bad luck"
- Lord Caitanya, although Krishna Himself, appealed to His friends and helpers to help Him in His mission and what to speak of me; I am just an ordinary human being. So I need your help
- Lord Siva became victimized by woman, what to speak of others? I am thinking of that boy also, Paramahamsa. He was a nice boy
- Narada visited Kamsa, who was not at all on the level of the demigods, & allowed Kamsa to see him. Kamsa also saw Krsna, what to speak of Narada Muni But unless one sees the Lord or His devotees with purified eyes, one cannot derive the actual benefit
- No one is either fully cognizant or fully independent. Even Brahma has to meditate upon the Supreme Lord in order to create. Then what to speak of great scientists like Einstein
- Nobody can give up smoking. And what to speak of meat-eating and gambling and illicit sex. But Krsna consciousness is so nice that even children, boys, young boys and girls, they give up very easily, simply coming to Krsna consciousness
- Now I can see that it is a miracle. Otherwise, your city of New York, one single old man, with only a few books to sell for barely getting eatables, how he can survive, what to speak of introducing God-consciousness movement for saving the humankind?
- Now there are so many things that it is not possible even to understand by the modern process of scientific experimental knowledge. It is not possible. And what to speak of about God? You cannot know even material objects
- On the planet Sutala, not even the predominating deities of other planets, what to speak of ordinary people, will be able to conquer you (Bali maharaja). As far as the demons are concerned, if they transgress your rule, My (Vamana's) disc will kill them
- One does not understand what is Krsna, then what to speak of loving Krsna? If you don't understand somebody, how you will love him?
- One who drinks the water of the Ganges attains salvation, so what to speak of one who drinks the nectar of Bhagavad-gita? Bhagavad-gita is the essential nectar of the Mahabharata, and it is spoken by Lord Krsna Himself, the original Visnu
- One who engages in Your (Krsna's) devotional service by hearing, chanting & remembering certainly becomes purified from the contamination of the modes of material nature & what to speak of those who have the opportunity to see You & touch You directly
- Only sacrifice recommended in this age is the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra because in this age it is not possible to accumulate the needed funds for performing sacrifices, not to speak of finding expert brahmanas who can chant the mantras perfectly
- Our kirtana is simple and can be practiced even by the small children, and we have practically seen how small boys and girls do take part in it by chanting dancing with us, and what to speak of eating the delicious Krishna Prasadam
- Our London center is very important and it is already known all over Europe and what to speak of England. So try to develop this center to the best of your capacity
- Our movement is that beginning of spiritual life is to surrender. If there is no surrendering, then it is no advance. If that thing is lacking, there is no beginning even, what to speak of advancement
- People are gradually losing interest in temple worship even, what to speak of yoga or offering sacrifices. Everything is now finished. Therefore kalau tad dhari-kirtanat. This is prescribed in the sastra
- People are so rascal that they did not believe even the son of God, what to speak of His representative. What is that? Why Jesus Christ was killed? What was his fault?
- Research scholars as great as Brahma, Siva, Indra and many other demigods are sometimes bewildered by seeing the wonderful creative energy of the Lord, so what to speak of the tiny mundane scholars dealing in petty things
- Rukmini continued, "Your (Krsna's) servants do not like material supremacy, so what to speak of You? My dear Lord, Your statement that You do not act as an ordinary person with a particular aim in life is also perfectly correct"
- Sattva-guna is also a contamination. And what to speak of rajo-guna, tamo-guna?
- Simply by our remembering you, our houses become instantly sanctified. And what to speak of seeing you, touching you, washing your holy feet and offering you a seat in our home?
- Since the King has thus rejected me (Saubhari Muni), I shall reform my body in such a way as to be desirable even to celestial women, what to speak of the daughters of worldly kings
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Such contaminated persons, although apparently advanced in self-realization, cannot even liberate themselves, what to speak of those who follow them
- Sāstra says even if you have got material desires, even if you are not śuddha bhakta. What to speak of śuddha bhakta , even if you are an enemy of Kṛṣṇa , somehow or other go to Kṛṣṇa
- Taking Narada Muni to be an ordinary man, the daughter of Time confronted him with her lusty desire. It requires great strength to resist a woman's attraction. It is difficult for old men, and what to speak of young
- The demigods, being like other living entities in the material world, are all liquidated at the time of the annihilation of the material structure. They are themselves unable to get liberation, and what to speak of giving liberation
- The dog is crying, is crying at night because he has lost that woman. Is it not? Just see, even in the dog, what to speak of human being. So this is material life, to be affectionate unnecessarily
- The gopis said, "Not only men and women but also cows, birds, beasts and even trees, fruits and flowers - everyone and everything - become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves?"
- The Lord (Caitanya) said, "What to speak of others, even a dog in the village of Kulina-grama is My dear friend"
- The Lord says that even the topmost planet, known as the Brahmaloka or Satyaloka, (and what to speak of other planets, like the heavenly planets) is not a happy land for residential purposes, due to the presence of material pangs
- The Maya's agents does not let go even Krishna, then what to speak of Krishna's devotees. They will act in their own way, but as Krishna miraculously saved Himself from the hands of all these demons, similarly, He will always save His devotees
- The modern scientist is unable to know about the inner space of the universal horizon, and what to speak of the space which covers the universe
- The present age is characterized by a bitter struggle for a life of short duration. People are not serious about self-realization even by simple, practical means, and what to speak of this difficult yoga system
- The present society is just like animals. They have no faith, what to speak of this faith or that faith. That is the position. They are simply after sense enjoyment
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is not properly understood even by Lord Siva or Lord Brahma, what to speak of others, but He can be understood by the process of bhakti-yoga
- The time limitation even of the sun is of no concern, and so what to speak of the Supreme Lord who is the creator and controller of the sun
- The value of a moment's association with the devotee of the Lord cannot even be compared to the attainment of heavenly planets or liberation from matter, and what to speak of worldly benedictions in the form of material prosperity
- There is a class of miscreants who are known in the words of Bhagavad-gita as veda-vadi, or so-called strict followers of the Vedas. They do not believe in the incarnation of the Lord, what to speak of the Lord's incarnation as the worshipable hog
- This is also material world. Even in this material world we are so much dependent on the rules and regulation of the nature. And what to speak of going to the spiritual world
- Thus Cupid's influence is exerted even amongst the ugliest forms, and what to speak of the most perfect beauties
- To become Krsna conscious means there will be so many enemies. Even father, what to speak of others? They will criticize, they will attack. I have recently received letter from Germany. Our devotees were attacked by a gang. So this is the way
- Too much wealth makes one blind. This happens even to Indra in his heavenly kingdom, and what to speak of others in this material world?
- Unfortunately, people are so foolish at the present moment that they do not believe even in the next life. Mudha. What to speak of understanding God and Krsna, they have no even the basic principle of spiritual knowledge
- Unfortunately, the modern civilization, they do not know what is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and what to speak of satisfying Him
- Unless there is absolute necessity, we do not wish to kill even a tree, what to speak of animals
- We are very anxious to establish universal brotherhood among human beings, but we should take into consideration that even the worms are our brothers, what to speak of other living entities
- We cannot estimate by direct perception, even in this material world, and what to speak of the spiritual world
- What to speak of stopping death, no one can enhance the short period of life even by a fraction of a moment. The only hope of suspending the cruel slaughtering process of Yamaraja is to call him to hear and chant the holy name of the Lord
- What to speak of temple, I had no residential place even. So in that condition I was thinking of returning back to India. So the shipping company I was, practically every week, I was going
- What to speak of the ordinary mortals, even great sages and powerful demigods become totally bewildered in their efforts to know the Supreme Lord
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- Without the favor of a devotee, one cannot directly approach Krsna, what to speak of engaging in His service
- Women in general should not be trusted, and what to speak of a woman loitering like a prostitute?