Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
usurp | usurped | usurper | usurpers | usurping | usurps
Pages in category "Usurp"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Akrura could understand very well that ill-motivated Dhrtarastra was much inclined in favor of his own sons. In fact, Dhrtarastra had already usurped the kingdom and was now intriguing to dispose of the five Pandava brothers
- Akrura said, "My dear son of Vicitravirya, you have unlawfully usurped the throne of the Pandavas. Anyway, somehow or other you are now on the throne. Therefore I (Akrura) beg to advise you to please rule the kingdom on moral and ethical principles"
- An enemy who sets fire to the house, administers poison, attacks all of a sudden with deadly weapons, plunders wealth or usurps agricultural fields, or entices one's wife is called an aggressor
- At last the Pandavas demanded only five villages, one for each of the five brothers, but that was also refused by the usurpers. This incident led to the War of Kuruksetra. The Battle of Kuruksetra, therefore, was induced by the Kurus, and not the Pandavas
- Lord Krsna continued, "If some foolish king who is puffed up by his wealth, prestige & power wants to usurp a brahmana's property, he should be understood to be clearing his path to hell; he does not know how much he has to suffer for such an unwise act"
- Lord Krsna said, "Even though a ksatriya king may be as powerful as fire, it is not possible for him to usurp the property of a brahmana and utilize it for his own purpose"
- Lord Krsna said, "If someone takes away the property of a very liberal brahmana who is encumbered by a large dependent family, then such a usurper is put into the hell known as Kumbhipaka"
- Lord Krsna said, "If this is so, how can ordinary kings, who falsely think themselves the most powerful beings within the material world, usurp a brahmana's property? I do not think that taking poison is as dangerous as taking a brahmana's property"