Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
conquer | conquerable | conquered | conquerer | conquering | conquers | conquest | conquests
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Conquer"
The following 203 pages are in this category, out of 203 total.
- A devotee once stated, "I have already conquered the modes of ignorance, and I am now on the platform of transcendental knowledge. Therefore I shall be engaged only in searching after the SPG." This is an instance of alertness in ecstatic love
- A ksatriya who dies in the battlefield for the right cause, he goes to the heaven. If he conquers over the enemy, he enjoys the kingdom. And if he dies... But the cause must be right
- A man, a person, will be satisfied when there is jnana, knowledge, and science side by side. Jnana-vijnana, practical knowledge. Kutastho vijitendriyah. Then he's conquered over the senses
- A pure devotee, who is strong in devotional service and who has conquered all nondevotional conceptions, can also conquer the kingdom of God
- A strong devotee makes propaganda against all other spiritual conceptions - namely jnana, karma and yoga. With his devotional flag unfurled, he always stands fast to conquer other conceptions of transcendental realization
- Actually, we have to conquer birth, death, disease and old age, and because there is no possibility of overcoming all these miserable conditions, due to the illusion of maya, we are simply meeting with parabhava, or defeat
- After accepting the throne of the government by the fervent request of His younger brother Bharata, Lord Ramacandra ordered His younger brothers to go out and conquer the entire world, while He personally remained in the capital
- After conquering the demigods, all the demons had taken shelter in the lower planetary system known as Rasatala and had brought all the wives and daughters of the demigods there also. Maharaja Bharata, however, rescued all those women
- After conquering the enemy, the saintly king Puranjaya gave everything, including the enemy's riches and wives, to Indra, who carries a thunderbolt. For this he is celebrated as Puranjaya
- After conquering the three worlds (the upper, middle and lower planetary systems), Soma, the moon-god, performed a great sacrifice known as the Rajasuya-yajna. Because he was very much puffed up, he forcibly kidnapped Brhaspati's wife, whose name was Tara
- After conquering throughout the world and after accepting Tura, the son of Kalasa, as his priest, Janamejaya will perform asvamedha-yajnas, for which he will be known as Turaga-medhasat
- Amongst various holy names of the Lord, He is also called ajita, or one who can never be conquered by anyone else. Yet He can be conquered by the paramahamsa path, as practically realized and shown by the great spiritual master Brahma
- Another prince called Turvasu was also known as Yavana, and his country was conquered by Sahadeva, one of the Pandavas
- Any method we manufacture, we discover, to conquer over the laws of material nature, it is backed by another set of dangerous things. That is the law of nature. That is not the way to get out of this material pangs of life
- Anyone who puts on the garlands which were offered to Krsna, there is no question of being conquered by the spell of material energy
- Arjuna's another name is Dhananjaya. Dhananjaya means "one who can conquer over riches." His brother was in need of money, and he brought money. Therefore, from that day, his name was Dhananjaya
- Arjuna's another name is Dhananjaya. Dhananjaya means "one who can conquer over riches." His brother was in need of money, and he brought money. Therefore, from that day, his name was Dhananjaya, "one can conquer over riches"
- As a fort commander very easily conquers invading plunderers, by taking shelter of a wife one can conquer the senses, which are unconquerable in the other social orders
- As a king in a strong fortress can conquer powerful enemies, so a householder in grhastha-asrama, household life, can conquer the lusty desires of youth and be very secure when he takes vanaprastha and sannyasa
- As far as salvation is concerned, one has to conquer the principles of lust, anger, unlawful desires, avarice and bewilderment
- As long as one's mind remains an unconquered enemy, one has to serve the dictations of lust, anger, avarice, illusion, etc. But when the mind is conquered, one voluntarily agrees to abide by the dictation of the Personality of Godhead
- Bali Maharaja conquered all the planets of the universe by rightful possession. A king can conquer other kings by strength, and such possession is considered to be rightful. So Bali Maharaja possessed all the lands of the universe
- Base quality means kama, lusty desires, and greediness. In material world, generally they are under these base quality, means always filled up with lusty desires & not satisfied, greedy. So when we conquer over these base qualities, then we become happy
- Because everyone is lower than God, who will conquer Him? Therefore His name is Ajita. Ajita means unconquerable. What to speak of God, you cannot conquer even the energy of God. You are under the material energy of God
- Because he (a mature student) was first trained in conquering his senses, he retires from household life and becomes vanaprastha as soon as the strong waves of youthful life are past and he reaches the verge of old age at fifty years or slightly more
- Because they are pure, being free from all material desires, they fully surrender to the Supreme Lord, and therefore the Lord conquers them. Such devotees never aspire for liberation
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "It is very difficult to conquer the tongue in this world, but You, dear Krsna, are very kind to us. You have sent this nice prasada to help us conquer the tongue"
- Big political leaders might be able to conquer equally powerful political enemies, but unfortunately they cannot subdue their strong senses, the enemies that always accompany them
- Brahma said, "Although You are not understandable by the material senses, simply by hearing about You one can gradually conquer the nescience of misunderstanding"
- By Cupid's power, as soon as one sees a beautiful woman he is conquered by her beauty. Sri Ramananda Raya, however, vanquished Cupid's pride
- By giving up envy one should conquer anger, by discussing the disadvantages of accumulating wealth one should give up greed, and by discussing the truth one should give up fear
- By partaking of these things and eating the remnants of food You have left, we will be able to conquer the illusory energy
- By spiritual culture one is able to conquer sleep. By tolerance only can one conquer desires and avarice
- Devotees never aspire for liberation. They simply desire to serve the lotus feet of the Lord. Because they serve the Lord without desires for remuneration, they can conquer the mercy of the Lord
- Dhruva Maharaja conquered the Supreme Lord because at a very tender age, only five years old, he underwent all the austerities of devotional service
- Dizziness can be conquered by rising up, and false arguments can be conquered by factual ascertainment
- Don't become over-intelligent. Just hear from the self-realized soul. If you sincerely, seriously hear from the realized soul, then one day, although nobody can conquer Him, you will be able to conquer Krsna
- Either in waking or in sleep, a devotee of the Lord can never be free from thinking of Krsna's name, form, qualities and pastimes. Thus a devotee of Krsna can conquer both sleep and ignorance simply by thinking of Krsna constantly
- Equanimity of mind is the sign of self-realization. Those who have actually attained to such a stage should be considered to have conquered material conditions, specifically birth and death
- Even householder life, however, cannot harm a self-satisfied, learned man who has conquered his senses
- Everyone thinks that Krsna is a great fighter & that no one can conquer You. So now You'll have to prove Your strength. I think that if You stand before me any longer, with my sharp arrows I shall send You to a place wherefrom You will never return"
- Everything depends on one's practical performance of duties in Krsna consciousness, which helps one control the senses in every respect and conquer the influence of desire and anger
- Except for Him (The Supreme Lord), all living entities, from Brahma down to the ant, are conquered by the contact of material nature
- For conquering the agitation of the mind one is recommended to take leave of his family and live alone, maintaining body and soul together by begging alms and eating only as much as needed to keep himself alive
- For one who has conquered the mind, the Supersoul is already reached, for he has attained tranquillity. To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- Forgetting his prime duty, he (Arjuna) wanted to cease fighting, because he thought that by not killing his relatives and kinsmen he would be happier than by enjoying the kingdom after conquering his cousins and brothers, the sons of Dhrtarastra
- God is known to be unconquerable, but one who submissively hears the words of a self-realized soul conquers the unconquerable
- God, Krsna, is called Ajita. Ajita means nobody can conquer God. Therefore His name is Ajita
- Great sages conquer the mind and senses by practicing the mystic yoga system and controlling the breath. Thus engaging in mystic yoga, they see the Supersoul within their hearts and ultimately enter into impersonal Brahman
- Happiness derived from conquering them (one's kinsmen) and happiness derived by seeing kinsmen alive are both on the basis of personal sense gratification, even at a sacrifice of wisdom and duty
- Having been too much addicted to sex, he (King Puranjana) became very poor in intelligence and lost all his opulence. Being bereft of all possessions, he was conquered forcibly by the Gandharvas and the Yavanas
- He (Angirasa) could travel in space, and therefore he could present himself even in the planets of Brahmaloka and Indraloka. He advised the King of heaven, Indra, about conquering the demons. Once he cursed Indra, who thus had to become a hog on the earth
- He (Bhaumasura) conquered a portion of heavenly Mount Meru and occupied the portion known as Mani-parvata. The King of the heavenly planets, Indra, therefore came to Dvaraka to complain about Bhaumasura before Lord Krsna
- He (Hiranyakasipu) defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- He (King Prthu) was a great devotee and at the same time a great hero who conquered over all undesirable elements in his kingdom. He was so powerful that he was equal in fighting to Indra, the King of heaven
- He (Krsna) began to think within Himself about His mission as an incarnation how to tackle the present situation before Him. He thought that since He was not going to conquer the kingdom of Magadha, to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was useless
- He (the devotee) is a benefactor to all living entities; he is peaceful and is a soul completely surrendered to Krsna; he has no material desire to fulfill; he is meek and humble, always steady, and has conquered the sensual activities
- He (Yudhisthira) sent Arjuna, accompanied by the soldiers of Kekayadesa, to conquer the kings of the northern side, and he ordered Bhimasena, accompanied by the soldiers of Madradesa (Madras), to conquer the kings on the eastern side
- Highly situated person in knowledge, his main business was how to conquer death. Now, at the present moment, that question has become subordinate thing only
- Hiranyakasipu defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- Hiranyakasipu wanted to become immortal. He wanted not to be conquered by anyone, not to be attacked by old age and disease, and not to be harassed by any opponent. Thus he wanted to become the absolute ruler of the entire universe
- I have also noted that you are going to spread this mission of Lord Chaitanya to South America and factually this is our last unconquered continent and I think there is great potential there
- I only want that all you my disciples always think of Krishna and never forget Him for a moment. In this way you can conquer Krishna
- If one is determined not to be envious of anyone, he can naturally conquer anger. Similarly, one can give up the desire to accumulate wealth simply by considering how difficult it is to protect the money in one's possession
- If one is Krsna conscious, he conquers death. After leaving the material body, he does not accept another body that is material but returns home, back to Godhead. This is verified by Bhagavad-gita
- If one is serious about liberation, he not only should execute the occupational duties of varnasrama-dharma but should also engage in bhakti-yoga by beginning hearing from a realized soul. This process will help the devotee conquer the unconquerable Lord
- If one meekly and submissively hears about the activities of the Lord from a realized soul, he will be able to conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is unconquerable by any other process
- If we simply repeat this philosophy exactly as it is, without any misrepresentation or adulteration, then this movement will never be checked, and we will conquer the world
- If you eat extraordinarily, then you will sleep also extraordinarily. If you eat frugally, as much minimum required, then you can conquer over sleep. Eating, sleeping. Sleeping depends on eating
- If you want to conquer over this unconquerable Krsna, then, according to the prayer of Brahma and appreciated by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu: "You remain in your place, it doesn't matter, but you become very humble. Don't be puffed up"
- In both ways (by not killing his (Arjuna's) relatives and kinsmen he would be happier than by enjoying the kingdom after conquering his cousins and brothers, the sons of Dhrtarastra), the basic principles were for sense gratification
- In the human form of life, one can conquer the enemy, lust, by cultivation of Krsna consciousness under able guidance
- In this way, Jarasandha, the King of Magadha Province, having lost all his strength and having been insulted by his arrest and subsequent release, could do nothing but return to his kingdom. Thus Lord Krsna conquered the soldiers of Jarasandha
- In whatever condition you are, you don't require to change. You simply hear. Then a day will come when you will be able to conquer the Supreme Lord, who is unconquerable. God is great, nobody can conquer
- It does not matter to what category of this world the audience belongs. If one meekly and submissively hears about the activities of the Lord from a realized soul, he will be able to conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- It had happened that when King Jarasandha conquered all other kingdoms, many kings did not bow their heads before Jarasandha, and consequently all of them, numbering twenty thousand, were arrested and made his prisoners
- It is clear herein that the feminine attractive features which can conquer Cupid or even the supermost tolerant Lord Siva could not conquer the senses of the Lord
- It may be noted that by dispatching his younger brothers to conquer in different directions, King Yudhisthira did not actually intend that they declare war upon the kings
- It was fixed that Vaidarbhi, daughter of King Vidarbha, was to be married to a very powerful man, Malayadhvaja, an inhabitant of the Pandu country. After conquering other princes, he married the daughter of King Vidarbha
- Jarasandha was so powerful in military strength that he had conquered all these princes and kings, numbering 20,800. They were all incarcerated within a mountain cave especially constructed as a fort, and for a long time they were kept in that situation
- Just lend your, this aural reception and try to hear about God from the self-realized person, from Mahatma. Then one day it will become so, that although God is unconquerable, you will conquer Him
- Just try to understand the mighty strength of My maya in the shape of woman, who by the mere movement of her eyebrows can keep even the greatest conquerors of the world under her grip
- King Yudhisthira ordered Nakula, accompanied by the soldiers of Matsyadesa, to conquer the kings of the western side
- King Yudhisthira was very anxious, however, when he heard that King Jarasandha of Magadha did not accept his sovereignty. Seeing King Yudhisthira's anxiety, Lord Krsna informed him of the plan explained by Uddhava for conquering King Jarasandha
- King Yudhisthira, being thus assured by the indication of Lord Krsna, ordered his youngest brother, Sahadeva, accompanied by soldiers of the Srnjaya tribe, to conquer the southern countries
- Krsna is unconquered, but simply by your humble receptive process, you will conquer over Krsna
- Krsna is unlimited, and His functions and activities are unlimited. And according to His activities, His names are also unlimited. So this is one of the names, Ajita. Ajita means "the personality who is never conquered." Nobody can conquer Him
- Krsna replied, "But I request that you (Yudhisthira) first conquer all the kings of the world and collect all the requisite paraphernalia for executing this great sacrifice"
- Krsna replied, "Your (Yudhisthira's) brothers are great heroes & you are the most pious & self-controlled king & are therefore known as Dharmaraja. All of you are so qualified in devotional service to Me that I have automatically been conquered by you"
- Krsna said, "How could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji and taken away My father, arresting him as described by this man? Alas! Destiny is, after all, very powerful”
- Krsna said, "How could Salva possibly enter the city and arrest My father in that way? Whatever Salva may be, his power is limited, so how could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji"
- Krsna said, "How could that happen? My brother, Lord Balarama, is there, and it is impossible for anyone to conquer Balaramaji. He is in charge of Dvaraka City, and I know He is always alert"
- Later there was a fight, and this country was conquered by King Purusottama-deva of Orissa
- Lord Krsna continued: "If you (Yudhisthira) want to conquer the worldly kings, there is no possibility of their emerging victorious"
- Lord Krsna told King Yudhisthira that He is conquered by the love of one who has conquered his senses. One who has not conquered his senses cannot conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the secret of devotional service
- Lord Ramacandra's spotless name and fame, which vanquish all sinful reactions, are celebrated in all directions, like the ornamental cloth of the victorious elephant that conquers all directions
- Maharaja Dasaratha asked the sage whether everything was going on well in his endeavor to conquer the repetition of birth and death
- Maharaja Pariksit conquered all parts of the earthly planet - Bhadrasva, Ketumala, Bharata, the northern Kuru, Kimpurusa, etc. - and exacted tributes from their respective rulers
- Maharaja Pariksit conquered all the world. He conquered all the continents adjoining all the seas and oceans in all directions, namely the eastern, western, northern and southern parts of the world
- Mucukunda continued, "For example, I may be a powerful king, and yet when I come home after conquering the world I become subjected to many material conditions'
- O my Lord, O unconquerable one, O master of all potencies, please exhibit Your internal potency to conquer the nescience of all moving & inert living entities. Due to nescience, they accept all kinds of faulty things, thus provoking a fearful situation
- O son of Kunti, either you will be killed on the battlefield and attain the heavenly planets, or you will conquer and enjoy the earthly kingdom. Therefore, get up with determination and fight
- On behalf of the Pulindas, Alexander the Great conquered India, and on behalf of the Abhiras, Muhammad Ghori conquered India. These Abhiras were also formerly ksatriyas within the brahminical culture, but they gave up the connection
- On the day celebrating the conquest of Lanka - a day known as Vijaya-dasami - Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed up all His devotees as monkey soldiers
- On the planet Sutala, not even the predominating deities of other planets, what to speak of ordinary people, will be able to conquer you (Bali maharaja). As far as the demons are concerned, if they transgress your rule, My (Vamana's) disc will kill them
- On the twenty-eighth day, Bhimasena told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, I must frankly admit that I cannot conquer Jarasandha."
- One may become as strong and puffed up as Hiranyakasipu and bring under his control all the three worlds, but there is no possibility of continuing life eternally or keeping the conquered booty forever
- One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence, and the three material qualities. That is the objective of human life
- One must, however, conquer this insurmountable spell of maya, and this is possible, by the grace of the Lord, when God reveals Himself to the surrendered soul
- One who has cultured himself that these different activities of the material world has nothing to do with him, his only business is to become Krsna conscious. Then it is to be understood that he has conquered death even in this present life
- One who has taken complete shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord is always proud of being able to conquer all enemies
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- One who is situated in household life and who systematically conquers his mind and five sense organs is like a king in his fortress who conquers his powerful enemies
- One who thus engages his senses becomes purified, and with purified senses the devotee can actually render transcendental loving service to the Lord and conquer Him
- Only this Krsna consciousness movement is there. How to conquer over death
- Our business is to conquer over the demands of the body. The demands of the body is eating, sleeping, sex and defense. So spiritual life means make it almost nil
- Our conception of healthy life is not to become too much fatty, or robust body. Robust body or fatty body or any body, this body, everything will finish. Our proposition is that how to conquer death, birth, old age and disease
- Raji conquered the kingdom of heaven, and therefore when Indra, the heavenly king, begged Raji's sons to return it, they refused. Because they had not taken the heavenly kingdom from Indra but had inherited it from their father
- Receive knowledge, and try to assimilate it, and try to apply it, apply it with your body, with your mind, with your intelligence. Then the, you'll understand God so nicely that although God is unconquerable, you'll conquer Him
- Regardless of one's condition of life, if he practices bhakti-yoga, which begins with hearing (sruti-gatam) the transcendental messages of the Lord through the mouths of devotees, he gradually conquers the unconquerable God
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, when Bhaumasura was conquering all the world, he collected wherever possible all the beautiful daughters of the kings and kept us arrested within his palace"
- Satrughna had two sons, named Subahu and Srutasena. When Lord Bharata went to conquer all directions, He had to kill many millions of Gandharvas, who are generally pretenders. Taking all their wealth, He offered it to Lord Ramacandra
- Sex life is the cause of bondage of the conditioned soul to remain in the material world. If one can conquer over the sex impulses voluntarily, he conquers over the influence of material nature
- Since demoniac persons are less intelligent, they dare to fight with Visnu, who is known as Ajita, or one who has never been conquered
- Sometimes these big leaders take up the guise of a sannyasi and call themselves mahatmas, but their only business is conquering their political enemies
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Today I have conquered the three worlds very easily. Today I have ascended to the spiritual world"
- Subala said, "I believe that Cupid has entrusted them with the responsibility of conquering You." In other words, the beauty of the gopis was capable of conquering Krsna, although Krsna is the conqueror of all universes
- Such is the service of Raghava Pandita. He did not accept the coconuts but threw them over the wall. His service is purely based on unalloyed love, and it conquers the whole world
- Surrendering themselves fully with body, words and mind, they can live in any asrama or social status. Indeed, You are conquered by such persons, although You are always unconquerable
- The best process for advancing in devotional service is to abide by the orders of the spiritual master, for only by his direction can one conquer the senses
- The chin of the Lord, tinged with buff color, conquered the beauty of the bandhuli flower. This increased the beauty of His mild smiling, which was like lustrous waves of nectar
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: He has conquered the sensual activities and he does not eat more than required to maintain body and soul together
- The educational system is so rascaldom that there is no brain. All over the world. There is no institution where people are being taught how to conquer over death. There is no such institution
- The enemy has captured different strategic positions in the body of the conditioned soul, and therefore Lord Krsna is giving hints of those places, so that one who wants to conquer the enemy may know where he can be found
- The eyes of Lord Jagannatha conquered the beauty of blossoming lotus flowers, and His neck was as lustrous as a mirror made of sapphires
- The first-class devotee gives assurance to every living being that there is no fear of this material existence: "Let us live in Krsna consciousness and conquer the nescience of material existence"
- The living entity cannot conquer the influence of the material modes of nature by his own endeavor, but because material nature is working under the control of the Supreme Lord, the Lord is beyond its jurisdiction
- The Lord is by nature very merciful, and when He sees that His servant is working without desires for material profit, naturally He is conquered
- The luster of His expansive body resembles molten gold. The deep sound of His voice conquers the thundering of newly assembled clouds
- The mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes, which are full of bliss, attract the jnani from the pleasure of Brahman realization and conquer him
- The mental speculator tries to conquer the influence of time by future speculations of becoming Vasudeva or the Supreme Lord himself by means of culturing knowledge and conquering over ego
- The paramahamsa is called vijita-sad-guna. He must conquer the six material qualities - kama, krodha, lobha, moha, matsarya and ksudha-trsna (lust, anger, greed, illusion, enviousness and hunger and thirst)
- The prostitute (Mayadevi) by eating frugally and fasting she conquered her senses, and as soon as her senses were controlled, symptoms of love of Godhead appeared in her person
- The purport of this verse is that for any person who simply follows these rules and regulations of decorating the body with the marks of tilaka of gopi-candana or sandalwood pulp, there is no question of being conquered by the spell of material energy
- The Supreme Godhead is unconquerable; no one can conquer the Lord. But He voluntarily accepts subordination to the devotional qualities of His devotees. For example, Lord Krsna accepted subordination to the control of mother Yasoda
- The weapon with which to conquer the enemy
- The Yaksas, being temporarily victorious, exclaimed that they had conquered Dhruva Maharaja. But in the meantime Dhruva's chariot suddenly appeared, just as the sun suddenly appears from within foggy mist
- There are many sages and saints who engage in trying to conquer rebirth and all other material miseries
- There is no possibility of continuing life eternally or keeping the conquered booty forever. So many emperors have ascended to power, and they are now lost in oblivion; that is the history of the world
- There is one easy weapon with which the mind can be conquered - neglect
- They saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's very fair-complexioned body and its bright luster, which conquered the brilliance of the sun. Over and above this was the beauty of the saffron garments that glittered upon His body
- They think, "I have conquered. I have got three crores of rupees." Speculating on (indistinct) and share, that's all. Then parabhavah: his three crores of rupees remain with his bank, and he goes with his wife, and he accepts another body
- They're thinking that East is conquering West by culture. That is their enviousness
- Those who are conquered by lusty desires and anger cannot estimate the glories of Lord Siva, whose position is always transcendental
- Those whose minds are established in sameness and equanimity have already conquered the conditions of birth and death. They are flawless like Brahman, and thus they are already situated in Brahman
- Thus by their influence and strength the brothers conquered all the kings in different directions, and they were able to bring in sufficient taxes and presentations, which they brought before King Yudhisthira
- To conquer the senses means to engage them constantly in the service of the Lord
- Uddhava said, "Considering all these (conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, release the pious imprisoned kings and perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice) points, I think that Your Lordship should immediately proceed to Hastinapura"
- Uddhava said, "Everything is under the control of this time factor. If Your (Krsna's) invisible time factor can perform such wonderful acts through Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, will not Your personal presence help Bhimasena conquer Jarasandha?"
- Uddhava said, "If there is anyone who can conquer this king (Jarasandha), he is none other than Bhimasena because he also possesses the strength of ten thousand elephants"
- Uddhava said, "Jarasandha will be very difficult to conquer when he stands with his aksauhini divisions of soldiers. We may therefore adopt a policy more favorable to the situation"
- Uddhava said, "My Lord (Krsna), it appears that You are to go personally to Hastinapura to conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, to release the pious imprisoned kings, and also to perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice"
- Unfortunately, instead of doing so, people are absorbed in thoughts of society, friendship, love and relatives. This Krsna consciousness movement, however, is educating people throughout the world and informing them how to conquer death
- Unless one is highly learned, he cannot conquer nondevotional conceptions
- Unless we are very sincere, we cannot cope with maya. That is not possible. If you remain a servant of maya, you cannot conquer over maya. You must be very sincere servant of Krsna. Then you can conquer
- Unless you conquer over, senses will always ask you, "Please eat, please sleep, please have sexual intercourse. Please have this, please have this." This is material life. This is material life, subjected to the dictation of the senses
- We are trying to conquer so many things, empire, but if we fail to conquer our mind, then even you conquer an empire, that is a failure. His very mind will be the greatest enemy
- We don't want to disturb your position. Whatever you are, you remain. But you hear about Krsna. Then gradually Krsna will be conquered by you. Ajita Allah Krsna
- We will conquer Europe with these books. I can only thank you again and again in sincere gratitude for producing this literature, and pray to Krsna to bless you with all spiritual advancement
- Westerners contend that this is a slave mentality for the wife, but factually it is not; it is the tactic by which a woman can conquer the heart of her husband, however irritable or cruel he may be
- When a devotee fully surrenders and has no aspiration for material profit, the Lord certainly gives him all opportunities for service. This is the position of the Lord when conquered by His devotees
- When he (Arjuna) went out to bring all other kings of the world under the subjection of the Pandavas, as was usual after the coronation of every emperor, he conquered the country named Kelinda and brought in subjugation King Bhagdutt
- When Lord Krsna thus encouraged King Yudhisthira, the King's face brightened like a blossoming flower because of transcendental happiness, and thus he ordered his younger brothers to conquer all the worldly kings in all directions
- When one book is published I think I have conquered an empire. So try to publish as many books as possible and that will enhance the beauty and prestige of our society
- When the mode of passion, which causes attachment, separatism and activity, conquers ignorance and goodness, a man begins to work hard to acquire prestige and fortune
- Whenever there is an argument between a devotee and a nondevotee, the pure, strong devotee comes out victorious. The word pandya comes from the word panda, meaning "knowledge." Unless one is highly learned, he cannot conquer nondevotional conceptions
- Who can conquer God? Only the devotees. Just like in Vrndavana, the gopis, the cowherd boys, Mother Yasoda, father Nanda and all of them, even the cows and calves, they conquered God, Krsna
- You (Varuna) are the guardian of an entire sphere and a ruler of wide fame. Having crushed the might of arrogant and conceited warriors and having conquered all the Daityas and Danavas in the world, you once performed a Rajasuya sacrifice to the Lord
- You have to conquer Him by your love. He will reveal to yourself
- You write to say that with prasadam and the Maha Mantra we shall conquer over the world. That was the beginning of my program in your country. I thought like that