Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Told"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "And to make me blame my own son for His mischief, He has smeared some of the butter on my son's face while he was sleeping"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Krsna is very kind to the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, Vrndavana, and when He returns with His cows and friends, He is remembered as the lifter of Govardhana Hill"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Minor demigods like the Gandharvas and Siddhas take advantage of this atmosphere and offer prayers to your son (Krsna) by sounding their bugles and drums"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Taking advantage of this opportunity, the most exalted demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva come down to offer their evening prayers, and they accompany the cowherd boys in glorifying the qualities of Krsna"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "The breeze blowing from the south creates a pleasing atmosphere because it is fragrant and very cool"
- A pseudo incarnation of Krsna once told his disciple that he had emptied himself by giving him all knowledge and was thus spiritually bankrupt. Such bluffers speak in this way to cheat the public
- After hearing their statements, the Supreme Personality of Godhead smiled. He told them that they should not be sorry for being refused by the brahmanas, because that is the way of begging
- After the departure of Narada, Lord Krsna addressed the messenger who had come from the imprisoned kings and told him that they should not be worried, for He would very soon arrange to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha
- After thus vibrating all these boasting words, Rukmi immediately got on his chariot and told his chariot driver to pursue Krsna. He said, "I want to fight with Him immediately"
- Akrura explained to Krsna that Narada had told Kamsa about Krsna killing all the demons sent by him. Akrura then explained to Krsna the purpose of his coming to Vrndavana: to take Him back to Mathura
- An expression of disappointment was made by Indra, the King of heaven. When he saw the sun-god, Indra told him, "My dear sun-god, your sunshine is very glorious because it reaches unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the master of the Yadu dynasty
- Another gopi told her friends, "Just see! The flames of the forest fire are coming to devour us. Please close your eyes and I shall immediately save you from this imminent danger"
- Another gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, when your son returns home, He decorates Himself with the buds of the kunda flower, and just to enlighten and gladden His friends, He blows His flute"
- Arjuna was refusing to fight but he was told that he should fight in accordance with the desire of the Supreme Lord
- As far as Mother Yasoda's anxieties are concerned, when Krsna was out of the house in the pasturing ground, a devotee once told her, "Yasoda, I think your movements have been slackened, and I see that you are full of anxieties
- Being a Vaisnava, he (Jada Bharata) was naturally very kindhearted, and he therefore told the King about the constitutional position of the soul. He then forgot the insult because King Rahugana pitifully begged pardon at his lotus feet
- Brahma told Rudra: O best among the demigods, there is no need for you to generate living entities of this nature. They have begun to devastate everything on all sides with the fiery flames from their eyes, and they have even attacked me
- Brahmaji previously told Narada that the desires of Brahmaji are never unfulfilled because he is always absorbed in the transcendental loving service of the Lord; nor has he any desire in his heart save and except the transcendental service of the Lord
- But this is the point of understanding. That I have already told you, in the Bhagavad-gita, that if you want to understand, first of all you have to surrender
- Dressed with garlands of lotus flowers, They were sometimes singing very sweetly among Their friends. One gopi told her friends, "How is it Krsna and Balarama are looking so beautiful?"
- Due to Krsna's absence, they (the gopis) all became crazy; each one of them told the others that she was Krsna Himself
- Haridasa Thakura told him, "There is no limit to your good fortune. No one can understand the glories of what you have described"
- He (Akrura) told how Narada had met Kamsa and how he himself was deputed by Kamsa to come to Vrndavana. Akrura explained to Krsna that Narada had told Kamsa all about Krsna’s being transferred from Mathura to Vrndavana just after His birth
- He (Kamsa) also told the trainers of the elephants, "Be sure to bring the elephant named Kuvalayapida and keep him at the gate of the wrestling arena. Try to capture Krsna and Balarama on Their arrival and have the elephant kill Them"
- He (Krsna) told them not to be overwhelmed and in this way pacified them. But when He failed to come back with Nanda Maharaja, it appeared that He either cheated them or could not keep His promise
- I have already told you to go on with your business of distributing my books. There is no need of transferring the BBT accounts to New York now
- In the Fourth Chapter the Lord told Arjuna that all kinds of sacrificial work culminate in knowledge. However, at the end of the Fourth Chapter, the Lord advised Arjuna to wake up and fight, being situated in perfect knowledge
- In the Siva Purana the Supreme Personality of Godhead told Lord Siva: "In Kali-yuga, mislead the people in general by propounding imaginary meanings for the Vedas to bewilder them"
- In this connection Mother Yasoda once told Mukhara, her maidservant, "Just look at Krsna looking stealthily toward all sides and slowly stepping forward from the bushes
- Kamsa called for his expert elephant trainers, as well as for the wrestlers Canura, Mustika, Sala, Tosala, etc., & he told them, “My dear friends, try to hear me attentively. At Nanda's place in Vrndavana there are two brothers, Krsna & Balarama
- Kamsa told the wrestlers, "People from different parts of the country will come to see the festival. I will arrange to get those two boys (Krsna and Balarama) here, and you will try to kill Them in the wrestling arena"
- Kamsa told the wrestlers, "They (Krsna and Balarama) are actually two sons of Vasudeva. As you know, I have been destined to be killed by Krsna; there is a prophecy to this effect. Now I am requesting you to arrange for a wrestling match
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- Krsna says that "That very ancient science of relationship with the Supreme is today told by Me to you because you are My devotee." So how the nondevotees can understand? Nondevotee cannot understand
- Krsna was very much affected upon seeing the plight of the gopis, but His duty was to start for Mathura, for this was foretold by Narada. Krsna therefore consoled the gopis. He told them that they should not be aggrieved
- Laksmana said, "I have already told you that my father was very affectionate to me, so when he saw that my desire had been fulfilled by my getting Lord Krsna as my husband"
- Leaders who think a hungry man or woman has no use for God and religion should be told emphatically that no man or woman in the world is not hungry - and that it is precisely the hungry man or woman who has to understand God
- Lord Caitanya told Vallabha Acarya that his pride in being superior to Sridhara Svami was not at all befitting a Vaisnava
- Lord Krsna told King Yudhisthira that He is conquered by the love of one who has conquered his senses. One who has not conquered his senses cannot conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the secret of devotional service
- Lord Krsna told the gopis, "The means of attaining My favor is loving service unto Me, and fortunately you are all thus engaged. Those living beings who render service unto Me are eligible to be transferred to the spiritual world"
- Lord Narayana then told Lord Siva, "My dear lord, a person who commits an offense to great souls cannot continue to exist"
- Lord Siva told the demon, "My dear Vrkasura, you do not need to cut off your head. You may ask from me any benediction you like, and I shall fulfill your desire"
- Lord Visnu told Lord Siva, "I will show you My form as a woman (Mohini-murti), and if you become agitated by lusty desires, do not blame Me"
- Maharaj Bali once told his priest, Sukracarya, "As far as this brahmana dwarf (the incarnation Vamanadeva) is concerned, if He is Lord Visnu, a simple brahmana, or even my enemy, I have decided to give to Him in charity all the land He has asked for"
- Maharaj Bali once told his priest, Sukracarya, "My dear sage, you are fully expert in knowledge of the Vedas, and as such you worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, by Vedic rituals"
- Maitreya told Vidura: O great soul, from Dambha and Maya were born Greed and Nikrti, or Cunning. From their combination came children named Krodha (Anger) and Himsa (Envy), and from their combination were born Kali and his sister Durukti (Harsh Speech)
- Most of the cowherd men did not believe the statement of the children. They could not believe that such things were at all possible. Some believed them and told Nanda Maharaja, "Your child is different from all other children. He just might have done it"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, do You think that You are a street boy? You have no home? Please come back to Your home! I see that Your body has become very dirty from playing since early morning. Now come home and take Your bath"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "Today is Your birthday ceremony; therefore You should come back home and give cows in charity to the brahmanas. Don’t You see how Your playmates are decorated with ornaments by their mothers?"
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "For such an offensive act, I have burned this person to ashes simply by glancing over him. Fortunately, now I can see You in this grand & beautiful feature. I think, therefore, that You are the cause of my killing my enemy"
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I belong to the most celebrated dynasty of King Iksvaku, but personally I am not as great as my forefather. My name is Mucukunda. My father’s name was Mandhata, and my grandfather was the great king Yuvanasva"
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I can understand that You are quite fit for being worshiped by all living entities"
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I was very much fatigued due to not resting for many thousands of years, and because of this all my bodily limbs were slack and almost incapable of acting"
- Mucukunda told Lord krsna, "To revive my energy, I was taking rest in this solitary cave, but I have been awakened by some unknown man who has forced me to wake up although I was not willing to do so"
- Namacarya Haridasa Thakura was taken to the jail and he told the prisoners there, oh, you are so fortunate to have this opportunity to sit and chant the Holy Names without the Maya distractions of the outer world
- Nanda Maharaja told his wife, "My dear Yasoda, although your son, Krsna, is as delicate and soft as the mallika flower, He has gone to kill the Kesi demon, who is as strong as a mountain. Therefore I have become a little disturbed"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Actually, the daughter was born to Yasoda, the wife of Nanda Maharaja, and Vasudeva exchanged his son for the daughter, so you were misled. Krsna is the son of Vasudeva, as is Balarama"
- Narada told Kamsa, "All the asuras, your companions who were sent to Vrndavana to kill different children, were killed by Krsna and Balarama"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Being afraid of your atrocious nature, Vasudeva has tactfully hidden Them in Vrndavana, out of your sight." Narada further informed Kamsa, "Krsna and Balarama have been living incognito in the care of Nanda Maharaja"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Better try to kill Krsna and Balarama." But in order to satisfy his wrath, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and his wife and shackled them in iron chains
- Narada told Kamsa, "You are to be killed by the eighth son of Vasudeva". "That eighth son is Krsna. You were misled by Vasudeva into believing that the eighth issue of Vasudeva was a daughter"
- Narayana Rsi told Naradaji that the same question Naradaji had raised had been discussed in that meeting on Janaloka. This is the way of understanding through the parampara, or disciplic succession
- New devotees should be told that the Christian preaching is already there; so if they are attracted by Christianity, the Christian Temples are there. When one comes to the Krishna Temple, he should try to understand Krishna Consciousness
- Now do not worry that your husband will take sannyasa. I think I have told you before that I will not give him sannyasa at this point. He may travel very widely throughout the Germany zone and still remain Grhastha. He is more than Sannyas
- Now, even still, we do not come to the understanding what is the difference between the living body and the dead body. There are so many theories, but as I have already told you that we receive knowledge from the perfect person, Krsna
- O great brahmana (Maitreya), you have told me (Vidura) that the gigantic virat form and His senses, sense objects and ten kinds of life air exist with three kinds of life vigor
- On the twenty-eighth day, Bhimasena told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, I must frankly admit that I cannot conquer Jarasandha."
- Once while Krsna was out walking, one of the associates of Radharani told Her: "My dear friend, do You think that this walking personality is a tamala tree?"
- One devotee told Daruka, the servant of Krsna, "My dear Daruka, when you become like wood because of your separation from Krsna, it is not so wonderful"
- One devotee told Daruka, the servant of Krsna, "My dear Daruka, when you become like wood because of your separation from Krsna, it is not so wonderful. Whenever any devotee sees Krsna, his eyes become filled with water"
- One gopi told her friend: "It appears that Lord Krsna, the enemy of the demon Agha, has released from His mouth a whirlwind which is acting on your head and is gradually proceeding to do the same to the other lotus-eyed gopis"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "Although they (the demigods) are very learned and expert, they cannot understand the musical arrangements of Krsna’s flute. They simply listen attentively and try to understand, but they become bewildered and nothing more"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, your son is very expert among the cowherd boys. He knows all the different arts of how to tend the cows & how to play the flute. He composes His own songs, & to play them He puts His flute to His mouth"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- One lady told another, "My dear friends, we must accept the activities of the gopis to be the highest form of piety; otherwise, how could they have achieved the opportunity of seeing Krsna both morning and evening"
- One of the friends of Srimati Radharani told Her, "It is all due to Cupid's influence upon You after You saw Krsna and heard the sound of His flute." This is another example of uparasa caused by divided interests in conjugal love
- One of the friends of Srimati Radharani told Her, "My dear friend Gandharvika (Radharani), You were the most chaste girl in our village, but now You have divided Yourself and are partially chaste and partially unchaste
- One of the gopis told her friends, "The highest perfection of the eyes is to see Krsna and Balarama entering the forest and playing Their flutes and tending the cows with Their friends"
- One resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "My dear Krsna, O pleasure of Vrndavana! Being afraid of this material existence, we have taken shelter of You, for You can completely protect us! We are well aware of Your greatness
- One resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "Since we have heard about Your ever-increasing transcendental love, we have voluntarily engaged ourselves in Your transcendental service"
- Ordinary body cannot be resurrected. Jesus Christ appeared in his spiritual body, certainly. Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not?
- Radharani trembled as She told one of the gopis, "Don't joke with this disappointing boy! Please ask Him not to approach Me, because He is always the cause of all grief for us"
- Radharani's friend told her, "I see that the decoration on Your forehead is very nicely made, and so it appears that Krsna was not too disturbed in painting it. Otherwise, he could not have painted such exact lines!"
- Raghunatha dasa, a renowned ascetic saint, heard and memorized all the activities of Caitanya Mahaprabhu told to him by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- Regarding the Government trying to acquire our land, I have already told you to finish the Temple immediately
- Regarding the question about selling records there, I have already told Hamsaduta that it may continue temporarily until the stock is finished, but you must give a book with each record
- Resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "As such, we have given up our desire for liberation and have taken complete shelter under Your lotus feet"
- Resuming His external consciousness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, "I have not spoken of what I intended. Lord Krsna is very merciful to you because by bewildering My mind He has revealed His personal opulence and sweetness"
- Rukmini told Krsna not to be concerned that the fighting would take place within the palace and that many of her family members, including other women, might thus be wounded or even killed
- She (Kalindi) further told Arjuna, "I have vowed to remain in the water as long as I cannot find Lord Krsna"
- She (Kalindi) further told Arjuna, "My name is Kalindi, and I live within the waters of the Yamuna. My father was kind enough to construct a special house for me within the waters of the Yamuna"
- Since the Pandavas' cause was just, they would come out victorious, and the sons of Dhrtarastra would be killed. This was a prophecy told by Akrura to Dhrtarastra
- So far as I am concerned, as I already told you, after this European tour I am going to retire from active work and retire for writing books
- So what I can do? Brahmananda Maharaja informs me that Jayatirtha told him on the telephone that the money was sent. So you have to check with the bank why it is not yet received. But why the work should be stopped?
- Some astrologer told that "This boy, for executing his purpose, he will enter into the fire"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "Nityananda has cheated Me. He has brought Me to the bank of the Ganges and told Me that it was the Yamuna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Sanatana Gosvami about Krsna's multiforms and His unlimited opulence. He also described the nature of the spiritual manifestation, the material manifestation and the manifestation of the living entity
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, "You should both show Your mercy wholeheartedly to Rupa Gosvami"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Bhavananda Raya, "Your five sons are all My dear devotees. Ramananda Raya and I are one, although our bodies are different"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told them, "Sometimes you will come to Jagannatha Puri, and sometimes I shall come bathe in the Ganges"
- Sri Krsna had ordered His friend Sudama to go to a brahmana's house and ask for some food. The brahmanas were performing a great sacrifice, and Sri Krsna told Sudama to plead with them that He and Balarama were feeling hungry and needed some food
- Sri Madhavendra Puri told all the servants of Lord Jagannatha and all the great devotees there the story of the appearance of Sri Gopala
- Sri Nityananda Gosvami told him, "I shall take Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to the bank of the Ganges at Santipura, and Advaita Acarya should carefully stay there on shore with a boat"
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Haridasa Thakura told Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that two personalities - Sri Rupa and Sanatana - had come to see Him
- Srimati Radharani was once told that although She had stopped all activities, She was still the supreme source of inspiration for all kinds of devotional service
- Sukadeva Gosvami told Pariksit that every living entity is actually most attached to his own self. Outward paraphernalia such as home, family, friends, country, society, wealth, opulence and reputation & all only secondary in pleasing the living entity
- Sukadeva Gosvami told the King, "Now hear of this secret with attention. After saving His friends from the mouth of Aghasura and killing the demon, Lord Krsna brought His friends to the bank of the Yamuna and addressed them as follows"
- Suniti told her son (Dhruva) that he should not seek the mercy of the demigods, but should directly approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead to mitigate his misery
- Syamasundara told George that if he can give us a…, give us some money, we can purchase. So he has purchased without taking any of our money
- The behavior of these confidential friends is described by a friend of Radharani, who told Radharani: "My dear graceful Radharani, Your intimate friend, Krsna, is also served by His intimate boy friends"
- The gopis in the water told Krsna: "Kindly deliver our garments immediately; otherwise we shall suffer." They then began to appeal to Krsna with great submission
- The great sage Narada immediately carried the news to the Yadu dynasty that Samba had been arrested and told them the whole story. The members of the Yadu dynasty became very angry at Samba's being arrested, and improperly so by six warriors
- The great sage Narada Muni turned toward another topic - the history of King Puranjana. This is nothing but the history of King Pracinabarhisat told in a different way. In other words, this is an allegorical presentation
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva: My dear boy, you are only a little boy whose attachment is to sports and other frivolities. Why are you so affected by words insulting your honor?
- The Lord (Caitanya) told him (Junior Haridasa), "You are living with Me in the renounced order, and yet you are looking at a woman with lust"
- The older man told the younger, "You have rendered various types of service to me. You have assisted me in traveling to all these places of pilgrimage"
- The other day one professor came to see me from Khabudvipa(?). He was very submissive, but still, he would argue like this, that "Whatever Krsna is making me to do, I am doing." So I told him, "Krsna is asking you to surrender. Why don't you surrender?"
- Then the gopis told lotus-eyed Krsna, "Please do not discourage our long-cherished desires to have You as our husband. Any intelligent man who cares for his own self-interest reposes all his loving spirit in You"
- There are many persons who are envious of Krsna. Such persons should not be told of Bhagavad-gita, for they cannot understand. There is no possibility of faithless persons' understanding Bhagavad-gita and Krsna
- There is a statement in the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya in which these great brahmanas and sages, headed by Saunaka Rsi, told Suta Gosvami
- There is the following example of a mixture of parental love and laughter. A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "My dear Yasoda, your son has very cunningly stolen a lump of butter from my home"
- This chaste girl would not allow the husband's body to go away. Then Yamaraja told, "It is my duty that I should take. You give it up. Otherwise, you'll be also punished." So she gave and she was following Yamaraja. So Yamaraja became compassionate
- This is the argument. You are so rascal that you cannot admit your rascaldom. Just like this moon planet expedition. But I, sixteen years before, I told that these are rascals. Therefore I am right
- This rumor that within a few years there will be police repression and people will have no more money to buy books and sankirtana will stop is completely bogus. Whoever told you that is a rascal, saying it in my name. I never said that
- Those who are conscious of Krsna only as a historical personality or who are envious of the greatness of Krsna should not be told this most confidential part of knowledge
- To approach Krsna directly may sometimes be futile, but to approach Krsna through His devotee is sure to be successful. She further told Arjuna
- To pacify the demon, the brahmacari told him (Vrkasura), "My dear, if you think that you can disclose the mission for which you have taken the trouble to come here, maybe I shall be able to help you so that your purpose will be easily served"
- When Lord Brahma described this incident to his associates on the Satyaloka planet, they all became astonished. Brahma told them that after taking away all the boys, he saw Krsna again playing with the same boys in the same fashion
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accused Nityananda of cheating Him, Srila Advaita Acarya said, "Whatever Nityananda Prabhu has told You is not false. You have indeed just now taken Your bath in the river Yamuna"
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do
- While in trance, Lord Brahma heard the words of Lord Visnu vibrating in the sky. Thus he told the demigods: O demigods, hear from me the order of Ksirodakasayi Visnu, the Supreme Person, and execute it attentively without delay
- With great assurance he then told the devotees that Lord Caitanya would not go to Vrndavana at that time