Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
tell | teller | teller's | telling | tells
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Tell"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total.
- A demoniac preacher tells his followers: "Why are you seeking God elsewhere? You are all yourselves God! Whatever you like, you can do. Don't believe in God. Throw away God. God is dead
- A friend tells Mother Yasoda: "How wonderful it is that when the Sankhacuda demon - vast and strong as a great hill - attacked your Cupid-like beautiful son, there was no one present in Vrndavana to help. And yet the demon was killed by your little son"
- A friend tells mother Yasoda: "It appears to be due to the result of severe penances and austerities in your past lives that your son (Krsna) was saved in this way"
- About the expertise of Krsna there is a statement in the Tenth Canto, 59th Chapter, 13th verse, of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, wherein Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaj Pariksit
- Actually, to tell the truth, those who are too much bodily absorbed, that "I am this body," for them this yoga practice is recommended. Not for the intelligent man. Because one who identifies himself with this body, he is not very intelligent
- Amongst the karma-kanda experts, the expert jataka-vipras were good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations of the time (lagna)
- Another instance of Krsna's obligation to His devotee is described in the Tenth Canto, 9th Chapter, 14th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam where Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit
- As for Krsna's orders not being neglected by anyone, in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Third Canto, 2nd Chapter, 21st verse, Uddhava tells Vidura
- At that time I forbade him to do this, telling him, 'O best of the brahmanas, I am not a fit husband for your daughter'
- At that time, the whole world became perturbed, and the predominating deity of this earth, known as Bhūmi, went to see Lord Brahmā to tell of her calamities due to the demoniac kings
- Because India is poverty-stricken, so if you do some social work, give them some medicine, give them some financial help, they think of, being obliged, and whatever you like, you can tell them
- Better let them remain as Christians and Buddhists, we do not want to convert them. You tell them that if you stick to Christ you will come out all right. It is better to avoid these comparative studies
- Brahma tells Narada, "My dear Narada, anyone who puts on his neck the flower garland which was formerly used by Krsna becomes relieved from all disease and reactions to sinful activities, and gradually he gets liberated from the contamination of matter"
- Fools do not know how to honor Vaisnavas. By your greatness, please excuse him. I haven't instructed him to do such a thing. I only told him to visit you. Anyway, excuse his aparadha
- From your description I can tell that there is great field for spreading this Sankirtana movement. If you are sincere & determined in your efforts then surely Krishna will give you all facility. So work very hard to make our new branch a grand success
- Gopis tell Mother Yasoda, "When your son (Krsna) plays on His flute, Lord Siva, Lord Brahma and Indra - although they are supposed to be the greatest learned scholars and personalities - all become bewildered"
- Gopis tell Yasoda, "Although they (Siva, Brahma & Indra) are all very great personalities, by hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated"
- Guru cannot manufacture something. He must quote from the sastra and then tell to his disciple. So disciple, as soon as he receives a message from guru corroborated by the sastra, then he should take it as fact
- He (Nanda Maharaja) also sent instructions to the police chief of Vrndavana to tell all the inhabitants about Kamsa’s great Dhanur-yajna function and invite them to join
- He may be treated as a guest, if he comes to our center, give him prasadam, honor him as an elder Vaisnava, but he cannot speak or lecture. If he wants to lecture, you can tell him that there is already another speaker scheduled. That's all
- How can we tell if one is completely surrendered unto the spiritual nature?
- How many common men have written their autobiographies, and how enthusiastically we have read and accepted them. But when the Personality of Godhead Himself tells about Himself, we cannot take it as it is. This is nothing but our misfortune
- I have heard that in some of the airports they are making announcements telling the people not to purchase our literature. This is impeding our religion and is therefore blasphemy
- I have now come to my village, and I shall go to my home and tell all the people that the witness has arrived
- If Nanda Maharaja does not take action, then we (the gopis) shall tell King Kamsa about Your (Krsna) misbehavior
- If you give them without telling them, they will think that they're eating meat
- If you tell a thief not to steal, despite all sorts of warnings, he will continue to steal. Therefore, the best way is not to prohibit by laws but to cleanse the heart. That is the real prevention of sinful activity
- In great stupidity, Rukmi stood before Krsna, telling Him repeatedly, "Stop for a minute and fight with me!" After saying this he drew his bow and directly shot three forceful arrows against Krsna's body. Then he condemned Krsna
- In the Fourth Chapter of the BG Krsna tells Arjuna that both He and Arjuna had had many births before and that He (Krsna) could remember all of them but Arjuna could not. This illustrates the difference between the knowledge of Krsna and that of Arjuna
- In the Siva Purana, the Supreme Lord tells Siva: In the beginning of Kali-yuga, by My (Krsna) order, bewilder the people in general with Mayavada philosophy
- In this verse he (Rupa Gosvami) tells us how to deal with three types of devotees - the kanistha-adhikari, madhyama-adhikari and uttama-adhikari
- In this way I shall bring Him here very soon. Be assured that I am telling you the truth. Do not be doubtful
- Kovidah means expert learned scholars, and abhijata, they will immediately make horoscope and tell about this newly born child, what is going to happen in his life in future. That is called astrologer
- Krsna has sent you some new devotees, now keep them and train them. They should not feel inconvenience. As a matter of etiquette you should tell them that if they feel any inconvenience they should inform you and you can fix their situation
- Krsna said to Akrura, "I think Myself so fortunate that you have come as My friend and relative. My dear uncle Akrura, please tell Me the purpose of your coming to Vrndavana"
- Krsna tells Arjuna that he should act in yoga. And what is that yoga? Yoga means to concentrate the mind upon the Supreme by controlling the ever-disturbing senses
- Nanda tells Yasoda, "Never mind, all auspiciousness to my son! I shall raise this hand which is as strong as a pillar, and I shall kill the Kesi demon, just to give freedom from all anxieties to the inhabitants of Brajamandala"
- Narada Muni tells his disciple, Vyasadeva, "My dear Vyasa, you should know that persons who are engaged in executing austerities and penances, studying the Vedas, performing big sacrifices, chanting the hymns of the Vedas"
- Narada tells Srila Vyasadeva, "You have a son who is the greatest devotee of the Personality of Godhead"
- Narada tells there of his previous life and how he developed to the stage of ecstatic love. He was engaged in the service of great devotees and used to hear their talks and songs
- Narada tells Vyasadeva, "I can observe that without any following of the regulative principles of devotional service, he is already enriched with many of the symptoms achieved by the execution of devotional service after many, many births"
- Now keep yourself pure and Krsna will help you. Krsna has become merciful upon you. I am only the agent. He has special favor upon Americans, so tell your countrymen to take advantage and spread our teaching all over the world
- Now that Sri Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the master of all mystic powers, has departed for His own abode, please tell us by whom religious principles are presently protected
- O bull (the personality of religion) you are offenseless and thoroughly honest; therefore I (King Pariksit) wish all good to you. Please tell me of the perpetrator of these mutilations, which blackmail the reputation of the sons of Prtha
- Of course by their collecting more money and giving to Krsna, He will relieve them of all anxiety of telling lies. But not everyone is able to catch the big fish without themselves becoming wet
- Of course we may take money for Krsna using any method of beg, borrow and steal, but more advanced understanding of Krsna consciousness process is that by telling the truth in a very palatable way, that is the most successful system
- Once, when Radharani was taking off the necklace given to Her by Krsna, Jatila, her mother-in-law, told a friend: "My dear friend, just see the beautiful necklace that Krsna has presented to Radharani"
- One child keeps something within his fist and asks his friend, "Can you tell what is within?" and the friend gives some suggestion, although he actually cannot tell. But there is an art by which one can understand and actually tell what is held within
- One of the friends once said, "My dear cowherd friends, the sound of Krsna's flute from above Govardhan Hill is telling us that we need not go to search Him out on the bank of the Yamuna
- Parvata Muni tells Narada, "My dear Narada, of all saintly persons you are so great and glorious that simply by your good wishes a lowborn hunter also has become a great, elevated devotee of Lord Krsna"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "Just see how wonderful it is! Great sages meditate upon Krsna after being relieved from all material transactions, and with great difficulty they try to situate Krsna in their hearts"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "This young girl is trying to withdraw her mind from Krsna so that she can apply it in the material activities of sense gratification"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "What a regrettable thing it is that this girl is trying to drive away from her heart the same Krsna who is sought after by great sages through severe austerities and perseverance!"
- Please see that the unpacked Deities are packed and boxed very securely, as are the others. Please give Jayapataka Maharaja the shipping documents for the Boston and L.A. shipments and tell him to momentarily not try to clear the books on his own
- Prabuddha tells Maharaj Nimi, "My dear King, please know for certain that in the material world there is no happiness. It is simply a mistake to think that there is happiness here, because this place is full of nothing but miserable conditions"
- Radharani continued, "'Even Cupid does not know of Our very much weakened condition. What should I tell anyone? No one can understand another's difficulties"'
- Radharani tells Her friend, "I am now unable to see Him, it would be good for Me to be a blind woman." This is another instance of disappointment due to separation from Krsna
- Radharani's friend told Her, "One who has sold an elephant to another person should not make a miserly quarrel about selling the trident which controls the elephant." This kind of bashfulness is due to a new introduction in ecstatic love with Krsna
- Regarding your proposal of a Rathayatra festival as Bhaktivinode Thakura suggested, you may kindly send me a note telling in which book the above statement is there. I shall be very glad to see the article you have written in this connection
- Simple thing. Big, big acaryas, they accepted Krsna as He is. And why shall I not accept? This is parampara system. If others have accepted Krsna as He tells, and they have become big, big acaryas, so what objection can be there from my part? What I am?
- Sometimes a merchant has to tell lies to make a profit. If he does not do so, there can be no profit. Sometimes a merchant says, "Oh, my dear customer, for you I am making no profit," but one should know that without profit the merchant cannot exist
- Sometimes people flatly tell the American devotees that their sannyasa or title of gosvami is not bona fide
- Steady ecstasy of conjugal love is the original cause of bodily enjoyment. In the Padyavali this original cause of union is described when Radharani tells one of Her constant companions
- Still, I want to hear from you (King Nrga) how you were put into this position. If you think that you can disclose this secret, then please tell us your identity
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "He (Krsna) is the supreme worshipable Deity for the devotee, and He is just like an ordinary boy to one who is under the spell of maya"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "My dear King, as soon as Akrura the chariot driver saw Lord Krsna and His elder brother Balarama in Vrndavana, he immediately got down from the chariot"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit, "My dear King, Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead to the learned transcendentalist, He is the supreme happiness for the impersonalist"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells King Pariksit: "My dear King, I shall try to describe how the minds of the gopis became absorbed in the thought of Krsna"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaj Pariksit, "My dear King, if one is spontaneously attached to the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, it is to be understood that he has attained the highest perfectional stage"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaj Pariksit, "O best of the Kurus, Sri Krsna cut into pieces all the different weapons used by different fighters"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Maharaja Pariksit that after surrendering everything unto the lotus feet of Vamanadeva, Bali Maharaja immediately caught hold of the lotus feet of the Lord and pressed them to his heart
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit Maharaj, "My dear King, if a person, after hearing blasphemous propaganda against the Lord and His devotees, does not go away from that place, he becomes bereft of the effect of all pious activities"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "The gopis would meditate on Krsna's dressing Himself just like a dancing actor and entering the forest of Vrndavana, marking the ground with His footprints"
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "They (Gopis) also meditated on Krsna's blowing His flute and on all the cowherd boys' singing of the glories of the Lord." That is the description of the meditation which the gopis used to perform
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Priksit: "They (Gopis) meditated on Krsna's having a helmet with a peacock feather and wearing earrings on His ears and yellow-gold colored garments covered with jewels and pearls"
- Sukadeva Goswami tells Maharaja Pariksit, "My dear King, when Mother Yasoda was perspiring, tired of trying to bind Krsna up with rope, Krsna agreed to allow her to bind Him"
- Tell them that if you take to Hare Krsna, then these things (earthquakes, tidal waves, floods) will not happen. Tell them
- Tell them, this United Nation Organization, that "You are all bogus. You cannot do it. Come to this platform, and you'll be able." They have proved themselves bogus for the last twenty-five years, I think. Thirty years. Uselessly. Wasting money and time
- That great souls cheat others may be astonishing to know, but it is a fact that great souls cheat others for a great cause. It is said that Lord Krsna also advised Yudhisthira to tell a lie before Dronacarya, and it was also for a great cause
- That is one of the service of Krsna. Don't remain foolish. Wherever there is required, fight with these mudhas and tell them rightly, straightforward, that "You are mudhas."
- The Aditya Purana, Markandeya Purana and Padma Purana tell about a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy but had a very chaste and faithful wife
- The conclusion is that everyone sees God at every moment, but the atheist class, they do not accept that he is seeing God. He denies or telling lies that he is not seeing God. But a devotee of God, he sees God at every moment within his heart
- The florist continued, "My Lord, I am praying that You please tell me whatever You wish me to do, because I am Your eternal servant. If You would order me to do something, it would be a great favor to me'
- The great sage Narayana began to speak. "My dear Narada," He said, "I shall tell you a story which took place long, long ago
- The Lord tells Arjuna that if he doesn't practice remembering Krsna while he is struggling for existence, then it will not be possible for him to remember Krsna at the time of death
- The Lord tells Arjuna that those who are purely in Krsna consciousness and do not know anything other than Krsna are called mahatma
- The merchant should not think that because he is engaged in an occupation in which the telling of lies is compulsory, he should give up his profession and pursue the profession of a brahmana. That is not recommended
- The method for understanding transcendental subject matter is given by Lord Krsna Himself in the Bhagavad-gita, where Krsna tells Arjuna at the beginning of the Fourth Chapter
- The Seventh Chapter (of the Antya-lila of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta) tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Vallabha Bhatta and dismantled his false pride in various ways
- The transcendental consciousness of the Lord tells Him, "I am Krsna, and I experience pleasure as the visaya. The pleasure enjoyed by Radharani, the asraya, is many times greater than the pleasure I feel"
- There is a need of such vipras (good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations) in the social structure, and it is the duty of the state to maintain them comfortably
- There is another statement in the Srimad-Bhagavatam telling of the damsels of Braja meeting Krsna at the sacred place of Kuruksetra, many years after their childhood pastimes
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned to tell what is contained in another's fist. Sometimes children imitate this art, although not very accurately
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chastised all the devotees, telling them not to show impudence and spoil the entire world by becoming independent
- Uddhava tells Vidura, "His (Krsna's) personal beauty was so great that there was no necessity for His wearing ornaments on His body. In fact, instead of the ornaments beautifying Krsna, Krsna's beauty enhanced the ornaments"
- Uddhava tells Vidura, "His (Krsna's) wonderfully attractive form was present during His pastimes on this planet, and by His internal potency He exhibited His opulences, which are striking to everyone"
- Uddhava tells Vidura, "My dear sir, Krsna's form was most wonderful when He appeared on this planet and exhibited the potency of His internal energy"
- Uddhava tells Vidura: "Lord Krsna is the master of the three modes of material nature. He is the enjoyer of all opulences, and therefore there is no one equal to or greater than Him."
- Vasistha tells King Dilipa, "My dear King, everyone has the right to execute devotional service, just as he has the right to take early bath in the month of Magh (December-January)"
- Vyasadeva has no business to tell you something false. Otherwise he would not have been accepted as the supreme guru by all the sampradayas. You cannot defy Vyasadeva
- We can use everything - television, radio, movies, or whatever there may be - to tell about Krishna, and outside of devotional service all these modern paraphernalia are just so much rubbish
- We may tell any damn thing to induce people to give us money on Krsna's behalf, that is not the point. The point is that by saying lies, the less advanced neophyte devotees may become entangled or disturbed in their minds by it
- When one preaches he must tell the truth. Just like Lord Jesus Christ. The people did not like his preaching, but he did not stop his preaching. That is another point. You see? So in the preaching propaganda there is possibility of creating animosity
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When the Kesi demon was causing disturbance in Vrndavana by assuming a large horse's body that was so big that he could jump over the trees, Mother Yasoda told her husband, Nanda Maharaj, "Our child (Krsna) is very restless"
- While addressing Arjuna He (Krsna) says, "Anyone who is engaged in chanting My transcendental name must be considered to be always associating with Me. And I may tell you frankly that for such a devotee I become easily purchased"
- Whoever you tell the chant to, it is effective. You have heard it from me and my disciples, similarly I have heard it from my Guru Maharaja, and so on, and on