Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
respectful | respectfully | respectfulness
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Respectful"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A person who shows adequate respect to a spiritual master, a brahmana and an old person is to be understood as being respectful
- A Vaisnava is always respectful to everyone
- After that, Advaita Acarya respectfully requested Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to show Him mercy by remaining another two or four days
- Afterward, Kasi Misra came and fell down at the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord respectfully embraced him
- Although the King is respectful toward You, he still belongs to the yavana class and should not be believed. We think that there is no need for such a great crowd to accompany You on Your pilgrimage to Vrndavana
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who is a bona fide preacher of the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be respectful to the real devotees of Lord Caitanya
- As soon as all the brahmanas and Sanatana Gosvami saw the Nawab appear, they all stood up and respectfully gave him a sitting place to honor him
- At Navadvipa, Paramananda Puri took his board and lodging at the house of Sacimata. She provided him with everything very respectfully
- Because Ramacandra Puri had been rejected by his spiritual master, he became concerned only with finding faults in others and advising them according to dry Mayavada philosophy. For this reason he was not very respectful to the Vaisnavas
- Being the eternal servant of Lord Ramacandra, Hanumanji has been respectfully worshiped for many hundreds and thousands of years
- Bhagavatam is the literary incarnation of Lord Sri Krsna and is therefore nondifferent from Him. SB should be worshiped as respectfully as we worship the Lord. Thereby we can derive the ultimate blessings of the Lord through its careful and patient study
- Daksa's statement that Lord Siva pretended to be an honest person means that Siva was dishonest because in spite of accepting the position of Daksa's son-in-law, he was not respectful to Daksa
- Dharma is such a thing that you cannot disobey. You must obey because it is the codes given by God. If you are so much respectful to the laws of the state, how much respectful you should be to obey the laws given by God
- He (Balarama) was expert in presenting an appeal, and thus, treating the gopis very respectfully, He began to narrate the stories of Krsna so tactfully that the gopis became satisfied
- He (King Bhagiratha) was so humble that he respectfully bowed down before them
- He (the late minister Shastri) is receiving the Bhagwatam from me. He was very much respectful, and met me three times. He was to help me in so many ways, but he died; he was my friend
- He was always truthful, he knew how to chant the Vedic mantras, and he was also very pure. Ajamila was very respectful to his spiritual master, the fire-god, guests, and the elderly members of his household. Indeed, he was free from false prestige
- I have got very good respect for Japanese people. So far I have met the Japanese boys and girls in our temple there, they are so well behaved that I was astonished that they were more respectful than my direct disciples
- I think the Japanese people, too, can all become Krishna-ized very easily, as they have become now very opulent like Americans and they are very intelligent, clean, quiet, and respectful on the whole
- If he simply takes care of the Deity worship and if he does not offer respectful behavior to another devotee, he is kanistha-adhikari. He is in the lower stage. So isvare tad adhinesu. He must see that "Here is a devotee."
- If one wants to be recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he must preach the glories of the Lord. One who worships the Deity must therefore be extremely respectful to preachers
- In the planetary system of Dhruvaloka are the planets of the fire-god, Indra, Prajapati, Kasyapa and Dharma, all of whom are very respectful to the great devotee Dhruva, who lives on the polestar
- Instruction should be given to the faithful devotee who is respectful to the spiritual master, nonenvious, friendly to all kinds of living entities and eager to render service with faith and sincerity
- On the day for extracting the soma juice, King Yudhisthira very respectfully received the special priest who had been engaged to detect any mistake in the formalities of the sacrificial procedure
- One day Lord Balarama invited this particular sannyasi (Arjuna) to lunch at His home. Balaramaji very respectfully offered him all kinds of palatable dishes, and the so-called sannyasi was eating sumptuously
- One should be extremely careful about associating with persons who are not respectful to the higher authorities
- One should not become falsely proud. One must be respectful toward a person more elevated than he by birth, education, behavior, caste or spiritual order
- People will be surprised that Lord Buddha is designated as atheist and still the Vaisnavas, they are offering their respectful prayers to Lord Visnu (Buddha)
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: steadiness, faithfulness, fame, respectfulness and lack of false egotism
- Seeing the Lord (Visnu) present before them, King Nabhi and his priests and associates felt just like poor people who have suddenly attained great riches. They received the Lord and respectfully bent their heads and offered Him things in worship
- Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami belonged to a very respectful family, but because they engaged in the service of Nawab Hussain Shah - not even as ordinary clerks, but as ministers - they were ostracized from brahminical society
- The brahmana knew Krsna to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and still he accepted the respectful service of the Lord on the grounds of Vedic social convention
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: He is never mad after material identity; he is respectful to all others and does not demand respect for himself
- The Earth personified continued, "The manifested appearance of this world is caused by You (Krsna), and You are both the cause and effect of this cosmic manifestation. Please therefore accept my respectful obeisances"
- The Earth personified said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who is always present with four symbols, namely His conchshell, disc, lotus and club, and who is the Lord of all demigods. Please accept my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The grhamedhis, who want to continue a prosperous materialistic way of life, generally worship the demigods or the forefathers by offering pinda, or respectful oblations. Such persons are bereft of Krsna consciousness
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya, learned sages and brahmanas, became most pleased by seeing this, and they offered their respectful prayers to Lord Balarama
- The priests, the demigods, the people in general, the forefathers, the ghosts and the Caranas were all sufficiently remunerated by being offered ample gifts and respectful honor
- The sages of Naimisaranya were very respectful in hearing about Maharaja Pariksit because of his receiving knowledge from Sukadeva Gosvami by means of ardent hearing
- The Yadavas who accompanied Krsna to Hastinapura were also very respectfully received; specifically, Satyaki, or Yuyudhana, was also offered a nice seat
- They completely control the six bad qualities - lust, anger, greed & so forth. They eat only as much as required, & they are not inebriated. They are respectful, grave, compassionate & without false prestige. They are friendly, poetic, expert & silent
- They were both inundated by the wonderful ecstasy of love that was aroused in them. Finally they sat down and respectfully began to converse
- This is called unflinching faith. In spite of seeing my respectful superior abominable, not willingly, but by accident, still, I should not withdraw my respect
- To transgress the laws of respectful behavior toward the brahmanas is certainly a great offense
- When the brothers (Krsna and Balarama) were passing through the streets, all the brahmanas in the neighborhood went out with sandal water and flowers and respectfully welcomed Them to the city
- When the demigods, headed by Lord Siva, were offering respectful prayers to Krsna, describing the glorious opulences of the Lord, Arjuna stood before Him with his hand on His shoulders and brushed the dust from His peacock feather
- Yes, it is respectful to circumambulate the temple, keeping your right side to the Deities if possible. You may dance around the temple in this way if you like
- You must treat your father as respectful as myself; even if you are sometimes ill-treated, you should tolerate. You should follow the example of Prahlada Maharaja