Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
honor | honorable | honorably | honorarium | honorary | honored | honoring | honors | honor's | honour | honourary | honoured | honours
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Honor"
The following 156 pages are in this category, out of 156 total.
- A person who honors the prasadam and regularly eats it, not exactly in front of the Deity, along with caranamrtam immediately can achieve the results of pious activities which are obtained through ten thousand performances of sacrificial rites
- A person who is chief among all important persons is called all-honorable
- A person whose word of honor is never broken is called truthful
- A really cultured learned fellow is far above a politician. Because a politician is honoured by the votes of his countrymen while a cultured and learned fellow is honoured everywhere all over the world
- A tree is honored by the production of its fruit. For example, a mango tree is considered very valuable because it produces the king of all fruits, the mango
- According to religious principles, Krsna, along with Satyabhama, performed ceremonies in honor of His departed father-in-law. In those ceremonies all the friends and relatives of the family joined together
- Actually there is no need to give up studies to be a devotee. In America, a number of our students joined with us before they graduated but still they went on to graduate with honors
- After Sisupala died by the mercy of Krsna & merged into the spiritual existence, & after the end of the Rajasuya-yajna, when all the friends, guests & well-wishers had been sufficiently honored and rewarded, King Yudhisthira went to bathe in the Ganges
- After the Battle of Kuruksetra, Maharaja Yudhisthira was again able to rule his legitimate kingdom, and he reinstated the principles of honor and respect for religion
- After thus causing the annihilation of Jarasandha by Bhimasena and after being properly honored by Sahadeva, the son of Jarasandha, Lord Krsna, accompanied by Bhimasena and Arjuna, returned to the city of Hastinapura
- All the people gathered there asked the elderly brahmana, "If you have already promised to give him your daughter in charity, why are you not fulfilling your promise? You have given your word of honor"
- All the people gathered there sat down to honor the prasadam, and by and by they took food. All the brahmanas and their wives were fed first
- Although a person in bhava is situated in the best position, he does not hanker after honor or personal respect
- Although Mayavadis may be honored at first as very learned scholars, ultimately they descend to physical activities of politics, social work, etc. Instead of becoming one with the Supreme Lord, they again become one with these material activities
- Although most wise, the paramahamsa should enjoy life like a child, oblivious to honor and dishonor
- Although Queen Arci became very thin from living in the forest according to regulative principles, she was not unhappy, for she was enjoying the honor of serving her great husband
- Among the human species, some denounce sensual pleasures and are honored by the world as a saints, yogis, philosophers, scholars, and so on
- Any man can become very honest citizen, do business honestly, earn money and live very honorably. But no, somebody has learned how to steal. The government does not say that you becomes thief and go to the prison house
- As I suggested, Kirtanananda Maharaja should be given the top post to give honor to the position of a sannyasi
- As Lord Caitanya advised in His Siksastaka, one has to execute devotional service by humbly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street and not expecting honor for himself but offering all kinds of honor to others
- As we come to this Krsna consciousness understanding through this long parampara, similarly, in the Vyasa-puja ceremony, whatever respect, honor, and presentation you give, that goes to Krsna through that parampara system, from down
- Because He is the omniscient Personality of Godhead, Krsna knew that the cowherd men were preparing for the Indra sacrifice, but as a matter of etiquette He began to inquire with great honor and submission from elder personalities like Maharaja Nanda
- Because in this world, the world of duality, dual world, everything is to be understood by duality. We cannot understand what is honor if there is no dishonor
- Because Krsna stole Rukmini, he (Sisupala) could not tolerate such honoring of Krsna and glorification of His qualities. Instead of being happy to hear the glories of the Lord, he became very angry
- Bimal Prasad Datta was honored with the title Siddhanta Sarasvati for translating the Surya-siddhanta
- Both Kasisvara and Govinda were Godbrothers of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and thus the Lord duly honored them as soon as they arrived. But because Isvara Puri had ordered them to give Caitanya Mahaprabhu personal service, the Lord accepted their service
- Brahma knew well that Kardama Muni exactly carried out the instructions received from him and that he actually honored his spiritual master. To honor the spiritual master means to carry out his instructions word for word
- Deluded persons, symptomatically, dwell in dualities of dishonor and honor, misery and happiness, woman and man, good and bad, pleasure and pain, etc., thinking, "This is my wife; this is my house; I am the master of this house"
- Demoniac people are most abominable in the world, by artificial means the world creates a false honor for them. Although they are gliding toward hell, they consider themselves very much advanced
- Devotees of the Lord are honored equally with the Lord because they are engaged in the most confidential service of the Lord, for they deliver out of the material world the fallen souls whom the Lord wants to return home, back to Godhead
- Dhruva Maharaja should have known that honor and dishonor are both destined only by one's previous actions; therefore one should not be sorry or happy under any circumstances
- False honor
- Feelings of insult or honor in this material world are never perceived by a devotee
- Fools do not know how to honor Vaisnavas. By your greatness, please excuse him. I haven't instructed him to do such a thing. I only told him to visit you. Anyway, excuse his aparadha
- For one who has conquered the mind, the Supersoul is already reached, for he has attained tranquillity. To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- For one who is always expecting some honor in this material world, it is not possible to surrender to the Supreme Person
- He (Banasura) was very intelligent and liberal also, and his activities are all praiseworthy because he never deviated from his promise and word of honor; he was very truthful & fixed in his vow. In those days, he was ruling over the city of Sonitapura
- He (King Bhismaka) specifically honored the brahmanas by giving them large quantities of gold and silver, grain mixed with molasses, and cows decorated with cloth and ornaments
- He (Sukadeva Gosvami) was only sixteen years of age. A person is honored for his achievements and not for advanced age. A person can be older by experience and not by age
- He (the king of Mithila) gave many valuable presents to Balaramaji in order to seek His pleasure. At this time Sri Balarama lived in the city for several years as the honored guest of the King of Mithila, Janaka Maharaja
- He may be treated as a guest, if he comes to our center, give him prasadam, honor him as an elder Vaisnava, but he cannot speak or lecture. If he wants to lecture, you can tell him that there is already another speaker scheduled. That's all
- However, if one increases the number of disciples simply for some prestige or false honor, he will surely fall down in the matter of executing Krsna consciousness
- Humility means that one should not be anxious to have the satisfaction of being honored by others
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- I am not elegible for these honors. Whatever is being done, it is Lord Krishna's mercy. He is unlimited and His mercy is also unlimited, so by His mercy even a crow can dance like a peacock
- I shall certainly appear there, and at that time I shall protect the honor of both you brahmanas by bearing witness to the promise
- I shall inform you immediately as soon as I know of the Kuruksetra land. In the meantime, you should honor the contract, and if necessary do whatever is required
- I should be honored as a guest lecturer and paid well, as well as they should give me a nice house, not very big, but nice
- I went to Jagannatha Puri in 1958 during some special function. I was taking Lord Jagannatha prasada very sumptuously. I am praying to Lord Jagannatha to take me there again at His will and honor His remnants of food
- If I say, "Your majesty, your honor, your lordship," they are all false. Real honor is when I call you that you are servant of God or servant of Krsna. That is real honor
- If one is trained to honor and worship the cows and brahmanas, he is actually civilized. The worship of the Supreme Lord is recommended, and the Lord is very fond of the cows and brahmanas
- If you offer prayers, honor to the acarya, then Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is pleased. To please Him you have to please His representative. "If you love me, love my dog"
- If you want to honor me, you will do like this and then I can truly be called the guru of the Americans. Otherwise, it is simply a dishonor to me
- In one of Lord Caitanya's Siksastaka verses it is stated, "The devotee should be more tolerant than the tree and more submissive than the grass. He should offer all honor to others, but may not accept any honor for himself"
- In the material world the family members and friends honor persons who are very successful in accumulating wealth by any means
- In three out of the four millenniums (namely Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga and Dvapara-yuga) people had the honor to be able to understand transcendence through the path of disciplic succession
- It is understood from His Holiness Babaji Advaitanandan das Bhaktibhusan that some respectable gentlemen, headed by your Honor, have selected me as the President of Sri Krishna Caitanya Sangeet College, Bhaktivedyalaya Bisramtala, at Serampur
- King has no self-control and possesses bad character. If such a king is worshiped or honored by the citizens, the citizens will never be happy
- King Prthu or any other king who rules over the state as an ideal king - should be understood to be God in human form. According to Vedic culture, the king is honored as the Supreme Personality of Godhead because he represents Narayana
- King Yudhisthira felt such ecstasy by honoring Krsna, his only lovable object, that tears glided down from his eyes, and although he wanted to see Lord Krsna, he could not see Him very well
- Krsna continued, "My dear honored wife, although I have thousands of wives, I do not think that any one of them can love Me more than you. The practical proof of your extraordinary position is that you had never seen Me before our marriage"
- Krsna continued, "Protected by Me, you (Maharaj Ugrasena) will be honored even by the demigods from the heavenly planets"
- Krsna continued, "They (the personalities in the royal order) were not unfit in any way, over & above that, your father, your brother had no objection to such a marriage. On the contrary, they gave their word of honor you would be married with Sisupala"
- Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, worshiped even by Narada, yet as soon as Krsna saw Narada enter the palace, He got down immediately from Rukmini's bedstead and stood up to honor him
- Krsna requested Sahadeva, son of Jarasandha, to supply all necessities to the kings & show them all respect & honor. In pursuance of the order of Krsna, he offered them all honor & presented them with ornaments, garments, garlands & other paraphernalia
- Lord Caitanya's behavior is very significant. It shows that a Vaisnava may be very tolerant and meek, foregoing everything for his personal honor, but when it is a question of the honor of Krsna or His devotee, he will not tolerate any insult
- Lord Krsna could understand that Indra, being bereft of his sacrificial honor, was pouring down rain that was accompanied by heavy pieces of ice and strong winds, although all this was out of season
- Lord Krsna's reputation is fixed, and His book of wisdom, Bhagavad-gita, is still honored
- Madhavendra Puri wanted to leave Jagannatha Puri because the people were honoring him as a great devotee; however, this threatened to hinder his collecting sandalwood for the Gopala Deity
- Maha-bhagavatas, or first-grade devotees, although moving amongst men, are not contaminated by honor or insult, hunger or satisfaction, sleep or wakefulness, which are all resultant actions of the three modes of material nature
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, as a matter of duty, maintained Dhrtarastra in royal honor, and Dhrtarastra was happily passing away his numbered days in the illusion of being a king or the royal uncle of King Yudhisthira
- Many devotees fall down due to illicit sex. They may steal money and even fall down from the highly honored renounced order. Then for a livelihood they accept menial services and become beggars
- Many interested people come to honor prasada, and whenever possible they invite members of the Society to their homes and feed them sumptuously with prasada. In this way both the members of the Society and the general public are benefited
- My testimonial in honor of Sumati Morarji
- None should consider Vasudeva Datta a mundane philanthropist or welfare worker. Nor was he interested in merging into Brahman or in gaining material honor or reputation. He was far, far above philanthropists, philosophers and fruitive actors
- Not only are they (materialists) born ignorant, but they act on the platform of ignorance, thinking that they are getting material benefits in the shape of skyscraper buildings, big cars, honorable positions and so on
- Now it is practically in your hands to finish and push on what I have started. I am now getting all respect and honor, so now you must preserve that standard and not dishonor me
- One must be prepared to offer the necessary respect and honor to the spiritual master. He should not be unnecessarily envious of his Godbrothers
- One must develop the desires for returning back home, back to Godhead, and automatically the desires for material gain, material honor and material popularity will diminish in proportion to the development of devotional service
- One should mentally honor the devotee who chants the holy name of Lord Krsna
- One should never pass over the honor due to an elderly spiritual master in the interests of one's own personal gain and fame. Impertinence on the part of the pseudo spiritual master is very risky to progressive spiritual realization
- One who does not know whom to eulogize, whom to give honor, they give votes to these classes of men, without any knowledge of Krsna. They are becoming the great philosophers, leaders, scientists. They have no knowledge of Krsna
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from contaminating association
- Ordinarily if a child is rebuked as a rascal or fool, he smiles and does not take such insulting words very seriously. Similarly, if words of honor are offered, he does not appreciate them
- Our movement and your honor, we can cooperate for the good of the general people
- Our next program will be to organize farming land to set an example to the whole world how people can be peaceful, happy, and free from all anxieties simply by chanting Hare Krishna Maha-mantra and living an honorable life in Krishna Consciousness
- Sahadeva said, "Krsna, the best amongst the members of the Yadus & the protector of His devotees, is the most exalted personality in this assembly. Therefore I think that He should without any objection be offered the honor of being worshiped first"
- Sandipani muni continued, "Your (Krsna and Balarama's) teachings will be honored not only within this universe or in this millennium but in all places and ages and will remain increasingly new and important"
- Sisupala said, "Many sages & elder persons are present, but still they have accepted the statement of a foolish boy. This means by the influence of time even the intelligence of such honored persons as those present in this meeting can be misdirected"
- So you have to say that "You are the greatest intelligent man, sādhu, most honored"
- So-called honor and dishonor
- Some of our students, they think that "Why should I work in this mission? Oh, let me go away." He goes away, but what does he do? He becomes a motor driver, that's all. Instead of getting honor as brahmacari, sannyasi, he has to work as ordinary worker
- Sri Balarama lived in the city (Mithila) for several years as the honored guest of the King of Mithila, Janaka Maharaja
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu honored Bhavananda Raya by saying,"You are Maharaja Pandu himself, and your wife is Kuntidevi herself. All your highly intellectual sons are representatives of the five Pandavas"
- Sukadeva Gosvami then glorifies the Lord as one who is honored by the yadu-vara-parisat, the assembly house of the Yadu dynasty, and as the killer of different kinds of demons
- Sukadeva Goswami was blackish and very beautiful due to his youth. Because of the glamor of his body and his attractive smiles, he was pleasing to women. Though he tried to cover his natural glories, the great sages honored him by rising from their seats
- The brahmanas and sages honored Lord Balarama by presenting Him with first-class new clothing and ornaments and the lotus garland of victory; this garland was the reservoir of all beauty and was everlasting - it was never to be dried up
- The devotee becomes transcendental to all dualities, such as heat and cold, honor and dishonor. Being freed from all dualities, he feels transcendental bliss, and he no longer suffers cares and anxieties due to material existence
- The eighth incarnation was King Rsabha, son of King Nabhi and his wife Merudevi. In this incarnation the Lord showed the path of perfection, which is followed by those who have fully controlled their senses and who are honored by all orders of life
- The first-class example is the gopis. They gave up everything. Their family, their relatives, their husband, their sons, their father, their prestige, their honor - everything sacrificed, simply for Krsna. That is the highest perfection
- The gopis were so much attracted to Krsna that when they heard the vibration of His flute they instantly left their homes, families, children, honor and feminine bashfulness and ran toward the place where Krsna was standing
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva: My dear boy, you are only a little boy whose attachment is to sports and other frivolities. Why are you so affected by words insulting your honor?
- The material conception of life makes us very eager to receive honor from others, but from the point of view of a man in perfect knowledge - who knows that he is not this body - anything, honor or dishonor, pertaining to this body is useless
- The materially situated person is affected by so-called honor and dishonor offered to the body, but the transcendentally situated person is not affected by such false honor and dishonor
- The more you can decorate the Deities soberly, not fanatically, the more you become decorated with all honors
- The Nagapatnis said, "He (Kaliya) must have undergone all kinds of penances and austerities, humbly honored others and executed universal welfare activities for all living creatures"
- The priests, the demigods, the people in general, the forefathers, the ghosts and the Caranas were all sufficiently remunerated by being offered ample gifts and respectful honor
- The principles of the parampara system were strictly honored in previous ages but in the present age, Kali-yuga, people neglect the importance of this system of srauta-parampara, or receiving knowledge by disciplic succession
- The pure devotees whose only business is serving are honored by the names Prabhupada and Visnupada, which indicate such devotees to be representatives of the lotus feet of the Lord
- The queens of Nagnajit were also very much pleased because their daughter Satya got Krsna as her husband. Since the King and queens were very much pleased on this auspicious occasion, there was a celebration all over the city in honor of the marriage
- The spiritual master is the mercy representative of the Supreme Lord, and as such he is given honor as good as Krishna, but he is never identical with Krishna
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer. Thus Sri Krsna was sometimes blasphemed and sometimes honored
- The system of bowing the head to the ground to show respect to superiors is an excellent etiquette which obliges the honored guest deep into the heart
- The young brahmana took this opportunity to speak: "Please write this down on paper in black and white so that you may not again change your word of honor"
- Then Krsna began to eat all the food offered there. The identity of Krsna and Govardhana Hill is still honored, and great devotees take rocks from Govardhana Hill and worship them exactly as they worship the Deity of Krsna in the temples
- There are six kinds of activities, honoring prasada, or spiritual food, given by the devotees, and (6) feeding the devotees with prasada
- There is no better type of worshiping Krsna than the method by which gopis worship Krsna. They, their love was so intense that they did not care for any family, any honor or any prestige
- There is this specific statement in the Padma Purana, "A person who honors the prasadam and regularly eats it, not exactly in front of the Deity, along with caranamrtam"
- There should be one booth showing all the photographs of our temple buildings. This will be very impressive. Even big, big businessmen, they haven't got such branches all over the world as we have got. And our business is with honor
- This does not mean that one should avoid school and expect to automatically receive an honorary degree from some university
- This great hero Banasura, born of Maharaja Bali, was a great devotee of Lord Siva and was always ready to render service unto him. Because of his devotion, Banasura achieved a great position in society, and he was honored in every respect
- Those who are honoring prasadam, accepting the remnants of food offered to the Deity, must always remember that prasadam is not ordinary food. Prasadam is transcendental
- Though Sukadeva Gosvami tried to cover his natural glories, the great sages present there were all expert in the art of physiognomy, and so they honored him by rising from their seats
- To earn a living, one can honorably adopt the profession of a street sweeper, but one must not change his dress to the saffron robes of a renunciate simply to fill up his empty stomach
- To honor the spiritual master means to carry out his instructions word for word
- To lie or fail to honor a promise given to a brahmacari is never proper, for lying is the most sinful activity. Everyone should be afraid of the sinful reactions to lying, for mother earth cannot even bear the weight of a sinful liar
- To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- Today is his appearance day. So we should honor this tithi very respectfully and pray to Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami that "We are engaged in your service. So give us strength, give us intelligence. And we are being guided by your servant"
- Vedic process, to receive the transcendental knowledge through the parampara system, and the reception or honor given to the spiritual master, it goes to Krsna. Spiritual master is the official collector
- Visnu is honored and offered obeisances by Lord Siva and Lord Brahma. To consider that they are all equal is a great offense. They are all equal in the sense that Lord Visnu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and all others are His eternal servants
- We want to open a centre of magnificent proportions in Vrindaban City, as was discussed with Your Honor by my secretary, Sriman Ksirodakasayi das. I therefore request you to give us the one-acre piece of land near the Dak Bungalow for this purpose
- Whatever I have done, I have given my will and purpose of honor; you try and maintain it. Otherwise I have no desire - nothing. I have no such sentiment, "This is my country, this is my…"
- When everyone offered respect to Krsna by standing up, Sisupala remained in his seat, but as he became angrier at Krsna's being honored, he stood up suddenly, raised his hand and spoke very strongly and fearlessly against Lord Krsna
- When Kubja saw that Lord Krsna had come to her house to fulfill His promised visit, she immediately got up from her chair to receive Him cordially. Accompanied by her many girlfriends, she began to talk with Him with great respect and honor
- When Lord Balarama arrived, all the participants in the meeting (at Naimisaranya) - great sages, ascetics, brahmanas and learned scholars - immediately arose from their seats and welcomed Him with great honor and respect
- When Lord Caitanya talked to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, the Lord honored him as the incarnation of Brhaspati. Brhaspati is the chief priest of the heavenly kingdom, and he is a follower of the philosophy known as brahma-vada, or Mayavada
- When the King of Mithila saw the arrival of Sri Balarama in his city, he was most pleased and received the Lord with great honor and hospitality
- When Uddhava had been sufficiently honored and worshiped by the pure devotees of Vrndavana, he returned to Mathura and to his master, Krsna