Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reside |residing | resided | resides | residing
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Reside"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- A devotee says there, "My dear Vasundhara, any person who goes to Vrndavana and sees the Deity of Govindadeva is free from the courthouse of Yamaraj and is allowed to enter into the highest planetary system, in which reside the demigods"
- A devotee should always reside in the transcendental realm of Vraja and always engage in krsnam smaran janam casya prestham, the remembrance of Sri Krsna and His beloved associates
- A pure devotee considers a moment's association with another pure devotee to be far superior to residing in a heavenly planet or merging in the Brahman effulgence
- A pure devotee, even if unable to execute devotional service completely, is transferred to the upper planetary system, where pious people reside
- Above the sky is the sun and its orbit. This is the entrance to the heavenly planets. Above the heavenly planets are other planets, up to Brahmaloka, where those advancing in spiritual knowledge reside
- Above the sun are planetary systems where persons who are elevated by great austerities and penances are situated. The whole material universe is called Devi-dhama, and above it is Siva-dhama, where Lord Siva and his wife Parvati eternally reside
- According to astronomical calculation, along with the polestar there is another star, which is called Sisumara, where Lord Visnu, who is in charge of the maintenance of this material world, resides
- According to the degree of development of the mode of goodness, the living entity can be transferred to various planets in this system. The highest planet is Satyaloka, or Brahmaloka, where the prime person of this universe, Lord Brahma, resides
- Advanced devotees prefer to reside at Radha-kunda because this place is the site of many memories of the eternal loving affairs between Krsna and Radharani
- After testing Lord Brahma, Bhrgu Muni went directly to the Mount Kailasa, where Lord Siva resides. Bhrgu Muni happened to be Lord Siva's brother. Therefore, as soon as Bhrgu Muni approached, Lord Siva was very glad and personally rose to embrace him
- Although the yogis sit in meditation upon Lord Visnu, who is residing in Vaikuntha, a devotee of Krsna is so proud that he does not consider such meditation to be very valuable. This feeling of pride is due to one's having achieved the highest goal
- Americans do not wish to share their prosperity with any foreigner who has not qualified himself as a citizen of America. Similarly, the same mentality is prevailing in every other planet where there are more intelligent living beings residing
- As cities are constructed in the modern age with great engineering and architectural craftsmanship, so in days gone by there were neighborhoods called rsi-kulas, where great saintly persons resided
- At the time of death the Yamadutas become the custodians of those persons who have strongly gratified their senses. They take charge of the dying man and take him to the planet where Yamaraja resides
- Below the planet Vitala is another planet, known as Sutala, where the great son of Maharaja Virocana, Bali Maharaja, who is celebrated as the most pious king, resides even now
- Bhumi was bereaved and was weeping just to invoke the lord’s compassion. She related the calamitous position of the earth, and after hearing this, Lord Brahma became much aggrieved, and he at once started for the ocean of milk, where Lord Visnu resides
- Brahmaji also described the highest planet of the Vaikunthaloka as Goloka Vrndavana, where the Lord resides as a cowherd boy keeping transcendental surabhi cows and surrounded by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune
- Brahmanas said, "How wonderful it is that although these women have undertaken no reformatory performances such as accepting the sacred thread, have not resided in the monastaries of the spiritual master-they still have attained the favor of Krsna"
- By Krsna's will, I am now residing at the Los Angeles temple of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. This purport (on Sri Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu) is finished today, the 30th of June, 1969
- By worshiping the fire and the brahmanas, a householder can achieve the desired goal of residing in the higher planets, for the sacrificial fire and the brahmanas are to be considered the mouth of Lord Visnu, who is the Supersoul of all the demigods
- Each and every family residing in the land of Vrajabhumi contributed one cow. In this way, thousands of cows became the property of Gopala
- Even in those days, about five thousand years ago, there were prostitutes in a city like Dvaraka, where Lord Krsna resided. This means that prostitutes are necessary citizens for the proper upkeep of society
- Even the great sages have no information that beyond the material sky is the spiritual sky where Sri Krsna eternally resides with His associates, although at the same time He exhibits His pastimes in the mortal world in all the universes one after another
- Four kind of vaisnava liberation, achieving the same bodily features as the Lord, achieving the same opulence as the Lord, dwelling on the planet where the Lord is residing, and attaining eternal association with the Lord
- From there (the upper planetary system, where pious people reside), if his (a pure devotee's) devotional service is complete, such a devotee is transferred to the place where the Lord's pastimes are going on
- Gauridasa Pandita lived in the village of Saligrama, which is situated a few miles from the railway station Mudagacha, and later he came to reside in Ambika-kalana
- God is residing in every ones heart, in your heart, my heart, and he knows everything, past, present, future. As we desire, we pray to God, "O lord please give me these facilities", and God gives it
- He (Lord Krsna) is residing even within the atom. But still He has got special residential places like Vrndavana, Dvaraka, Mathura. So a devotee is anxious to live in those places
- He (Rukmi) decided in anger not to return to his capital city, and he constructed a small cottage in the village known as Bhojakata, where he resided for the rest of his life
- He (Rupa Gosvami) further prays that by residing in that ocean of nectar he may always feel transcendental pleasure in the service of Radha and Krsna
- He (Sarvajna) had two sons, named Aniruddhera Rupesvara and Harihara, who were both bereft of their kingdoms and thus obliged to reside in the highlands
- He is certainly a first-class man who awakens and understands, either by himself or from others, the falsity and misery of this material world and thus leaves home and depends fully on the Personality of Godhead residing within his heart
- How wonderful it is that simply by residing in Mathura even for one day, one can achieve a transcendental loving attitude toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead! This land of Mathura must be more glorious than Vaikuntha-dhama, the kingdom of God
- I surrender unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, who is known as Sankarsana in the midst of the catur-vyuha. He possesses full opulences and resides in Vaikunthaloka, far beyond the material creation
- In Him (Krsna) reside (1) truthfulness, (2) cleanliness, (3) intolerance of another's unhappiness, (4) the power to control anger, (5) self-satisfaction, (6) straightforwardness, (7) steadiness of mind, (8) control of the sense organs
- In that very beautiful land, where many cows reside, Rohini, the wife of Vasudeva, is living at the home of Nanda Maharaja. Other wives of Vasudeva are also living there incognito because of fear of Kamsa. Please go there
- In the Skanda Purana there is a story of an old man residing in Hastinapur, capital of the kingdom of the Pandus, who desired Krsna as his beloved son
- In this way one should reside in Vraja (Goloka Vrndavana dhama) and serve Krsna under the guidance of devotees
- In Visnuloka, which is above Satyaloka, Sankarsana resides. Maha-sankarsana is another name of Sankarsana
- It appears that Advaita Acarya had two different houses, one at Santipura and one at Navadvipa. When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was born, Advaita Acarya was residing not at His Navadvipa house but at His Santipura house
- It is also said to Narada Muni, "My dear Narada, a person who writes Vaisnava literature and keeps such literature at home has Lord Narayana always residing in his house"
- It is said that household attraction resides in the wife because sex is the center of household life: yan maithunadi-grhamedhi-sukham hi tuccham
- It is said that Thakura Bilvamangala resided on the banks of the Krsna-venva river, which is also called the Vina, the Veni, the Sina and the Bhima
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that Krsna Himself is residing in everyone’s heart, and He causes both remembrance and forgetfulness
- It is understood that even in those days, about five thousand years ago, there were prostitutes in a city like Dvaraka, where Lord Krsna resided. This means that prostitutes are necessary citizens for the proper upkeep of society
- Kaliya was residing within the water of the Yamuna, and as a result the back portion of that river had become poisoned. Thus so many cows who had drunk the water had died
- Kapiladeva said: "Just as the celestial waters of the Ganges flow unobstructed into the ocean, so when My devotees simply hear of Me, their minds come to Me, who reside in the hearts of all"
- Krsna said, "The cuckoos who are residing in this forest are welcoming You (Balarama) with their joyful, sweet cries because they consider that Your appearance in their home is so auspicious"
- Lord Ananta, whose body is completely spiritual, resides at the root of the planet Patala. He always lives in the core of Lord Siva's heart, and He helps him destroy the universe. Ananta instructs Lord Siva how to destroy the cosmos
- Lord Narayana, expanding His opulence, resides upon this mountain (Lokaloka mountain). The area beyond Lokaloka Mountain is called Aloka-varsa, and beyond Aloka-varsa is the pure destination of persons who desire liberation
- Lord Siva, who is carried by a bull, went to the place where Madhusudana, the Lord, resides. Accompanied by his wife, Uma, and surrounded by his companions, the ghosts, Lord Siva went there to see the Lord's form as a woman
- Lord Visnu, who is residing within the heart of every living entity, appeared in the darkness of night as the Supreme Personality of Godhead before Devaki, who appeared as one of the demigoddesses
- Madhavendra Puri said, "Who are You? Where do You reside? And how did You know that I was fasting"
- Maharaja Pariksit resided in his capital Hastinapura, situated near present Delhi, and the River Yamuna flows down past the city. Naturally the King would take shelter of the River Yamuna because she was flowing past his palace door
- Maharaja Pariksit, thus being petitioned by the personality of Kali, gave him permission to reside in places where gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter were performed
- My (Narada Muni) dear Sukadeva Gosvami, you never took the trouble to reside under the care of a spiritual master, and yet you have attained such a great status of transcendental knowledge
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Sukadeva Gosvami, you never took the trouble to reside under the care of a spiritual master, and yet you have attained such a great status of transcendental knowledge"
- Narada-pancaratra states, "I simply pray that You grant me the favor of keeping me under Your lotus feet. I do not wish any kind of liberation such as salokya, to reside on Your planet, or sarupya, to have the same bodily features as You"
- Narayana Rsi still resides in Badarikasrama and is accepted as an incarnation of Narayana
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- On the southern side of the ocean of salt water is the ocean of milk, where Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu resides. He is worshiped there by demigods like Brahma
- On these seven stars reside seven sages: Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja. These seven stars are seen every night, and they each make a complete orbit around the polestar within twenty-four hours
- Once, while Krsna was in the pasturing ground with His cowherd boys, His friends requested Him to go to the Talavana Forest, where Gardabhasura, a disturbing demon in the shape of an ass, resided
- One who prematurely goes to Vrndavana to live in pursuance of the instructions of Sukadeva Gosvami again falls victim to maya, even while residing in Vrndavana
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami lived a long time, residing for most of his life at Radha-kunda. The place where he performed his devotional service still exists by Radha-kunda
- Residing in a Sacred Place. In the Padma Purana it is stated, "For one who has given up his material sense enjoyment and has accepted the principles of devotional service, the opulence of Visnu-loka (the kingdom of God) is awaiting"
- Residing in Mathura, worshiping the Deity of the Lord, reciting SB, serving a devotee, and chanting the Hare Krsna mantra - are so potent that a small attachment for any one of these five items can arouse devotional ecstasy even in a neophyte
- Residing in outer space, which is in the middle of the universe, between Bhuloka and Bhuvarloka, the sun rotates through the time circle of the zodiac, represented by twelve rasis, or signs, and assumes different names according to the sign he is in
- Residing with the Lord at Jagannatha Puri were Pandita Gosani and other devotees, such as Vakresvara, Damodara, Sankara and Haridasa Thakura
- Rupa mentions, Residing in a sacred place of pilgrimage like Dvaraka or Vrndavana, 8) dealing with the material world only as far as necessary, 9) observing the fasting day on Ekadasi, and 10) worshiping sacred trees like the banyan tree and others
- Salokya means that after material liberation one is promoted to the planet where the Supreme Personality of Godhead resides, samipya means remaining an associate of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Saranatha is a place near Benares where Buddhist philosophers used to reside, and even today many stupas of the Buddhist Mayavadis can be seen
- Scorched and extremely disturbed because of Hiranyakasipu's severe penances, all the demigods left the planets where they reside and went to the planet of Lord Brahma, where they informed the creator
- Sometimes Satyaloka, the planet in which Brahma resides, is also called Brahmaloka. But the Brahmaloka mentioned here is not the same as the Satyaloka planetary system
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the renounced order during the waxing fortnight of the month of Magha. During the following month, Phalguna, He went to Jagannatha Puri and resided there
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so
- Sundarananda Prabhu was a naisthika-brahmacari: he never married in his life. Therefore he had no direct descendants except his disciples, but the descendants of his family still reside in the village known as Mangaladihi in the district of Birbhum
- Svamsa expansions can be found in the quadruple forms of the Lord residing in Their respective places, beginning with Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, and also in the purusa-avataras, lila-avataras, manvantara-avataras and yuga-avataras
- The beautiful women residing within the palaces of Krsna were so much whiter than Gauri that they were compared to the moonshine, and they were constantly visible to Krsna. Therefore, no one can be enjoying more than Krsna
- The Bhakti-ratnakara (Seventh Wave), informs us that after the disappearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Gadadhara dasa went from Navadvipa to Katwa. Thereafter he came to Endiyadaha and resided there
- The boy replied, "Sir, I am a cowherd boy, and I reside in this village. In My village, no one fasts"
- The gopis said, "In that condition, we shall simply think of You (Krsna) and Your beautiful features and give up our bodies immediately. In that way we think it will be possible for us to reside at Your lotus feet in the next life"
- The gosthyanandi is one who desires to increase the number of devotees all over the world. He travels all over the world just to purify the world and the people residing in it
- The house of Vidya-vacaspati was located at Vidyanagara, which was near Koladvipa, or Kuliya. It was here that Devananda Pandita was residing. This information is found in the Caitanya-bhagavata (Madhya-khanda, Chapter Twenty-one)
- The Ksirodakasayi Visnu has His own planet on the northern top of the universe, and there is a great ocean of milk where the Lord resides on the bed of the Ananta incarnation of Baladeva
- The Lord and His devotees reside in the Vaikuntha planets, and they are of the same transcendental quality, namely, suddha-sattva, the mode of pure goodness
- The Lord can reside within the heart, and He can also come out before a person and give him instructions. Thus the spiritual master is not different from the Supersoul sitting within the heart
- The Lord of supreme mysticism can simultaneously reside within everyone's heart, or even within the atoms, by His Paramatma feature, His plenary portion
- The Lord resides in His Vaikuntha planet. No one can estimate how far away this planet is situated. It is said, however, that anyone trying to reach that planet by airships or by mindships, traveling for millions of years, will find it still unknown
- The Lord, as the Supersoul residing in everyone's heart and as the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the transcendental world far beyond the material creation, is the seer of all our activities
- The Lord, by His inconceivable potency, resides in His eternal abode, Goloka, yet at the same time, as the Supersoul, He is present everywhere
- The Madana-mohana Deity simply establishes that "I am Your eternal servant." With Govinda, however, there is actual acceptance of service. Govinda resides eternally in Vrndavana
- The manifestation of unadulterated devotional service is exhibited when one's mind is at once attracted to hearing the transcendental name and qualities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is residing in everyone's heart
- The original form of the Personality of Godhead is actually the svarupa, or real form, and He eternally resides in the Vaikuntha world (Visnuloka)
- The Padma Purana also describes a place in the spiritual sky known as Vedavati-pura, where Vasudeva resides. In Visnuloka, which is above Satyaloka, Sankarsana resides. Maha-sankarsana is another name of Sankarsana
- The Personality of Godhead known as Sri Balarama in Krsnaloka is the original Sankarsana (attracting Deity), and from this Sankarsana expands another Sankarsana, called Maha-sankarsana, who resides in one of the Vaikuntha planets
- The Personality of Godhead Visnu resides within each and every universe in two capacities, namely as the Garbhodakasayi Visnu and the Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The personified Vedas continued, "The individual controlled living entity resides within the body, and the supreme controller, as Supersoul, is also present there, but the Supersoul controls the individual soul"
- The real symptom of a true civilization is that its citizens are inspired by Back to Godhead to take up the process of devotion and go back to Godhead, where they will eternally reside in their actual home. Only in this way can they end all futile labor
- The seven great sages (Marici, Vasistha, Atri and so on) reside on planets beneath Dhruvaloka. Well aware of the influence of the water of the Ganges, to this day they keep Ganges water on the tufts of hair on their heads
- The seven stars revolving around the polestar at the zenith are called saptarsi-mandala. On these seven stars, which form the topmost part of our planetary system, reside seven sages: Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- There are fourteen planetary systems within the universe, and all living entities reside in those planetary systems
- There is a milk ocean in the upper planets, and there Lord Visnu, who controls the heart of every living being as Paramatma (the Supersoul), resides as the Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- These impersonalists, who are followers of Sankaracarya, are generally known as Kasira Mayavadis (impersonalists residing in Varanasi)
- These millions and trillions of goddesses of fortune who reside in the Vaikuntha planets are not exactly consorts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but are the wives of the devotees of the Lord
- These residential quarters (in Dvaraka) numbered more than sixteen thousand, and a different queen of Lord Krsna resided in each of them
- They (great devotees) generally reside in places like Vrndavana, Mathura, Dvaraka, Jagannatha Puri and Navadvipa because only devotees assemble in such places. In this way they give saintly association to one another and thus advance
- They appeared almost naked, skinny and frail, and did not carry any fruits or flowers. He informed Krsna that all the cowherd boys residing in Vrndavana were as still as the trees at the tops of hills
- This (in Vrndavana summer appeared just like spring) was possible only because Lord Krsna and Balarama, who are the controllers even of Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, were residing there
- This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita, that Isvara, the Supreme Personality, is residing in everyone's heart
- This portion is covered by the modes of material nature, and therefore the living entities are residing within this material world
- This river (the Krsna-venva River) is a branch of the river Krsna. It is said that Thakura Bilvamangala resided on the banks of this river, which is also called the Vina, the Veni, the Sina and the Bhima
- Those living beings who reside on higher planets like the sun and the moon, as well as those on Martyaloka, this earth planet, and also those who live on lower planets - all are merged into the waters of devastation during the night of Brahma
- Those who have achieved liberation from material contamination, and those who are demons and are killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, become absorbed in the Brahman concept of life and reside in the spiritual sky of the brahma-jyoti
- Thus Rupa Gosvami became the object of love and affection for all the devotees of the Lord, including those who came from Bengal and those who resided in Orissa
- When a devotee acquires unparalleled opulences, they are the direct gifts of the goddess of fortune, who resides in the heart of Narayana
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was residing in Jagannatha Puri, many poets and devotees used to come to Him and offer their different kinds of poetry
- When Lord Ramacandra was residing in Dandakaranya, the sages who were engaged in devotional service there became attracted by His beauty and immediately thought of the gopis at Vrndavana, who enjoyed conjugal loving affection with Krsna
- When the embodied living being controls his nature and mentally renounces all actions, he resides happily in the city of nine gates (the material body), neither working nor causing work to be done
- Who, then, will not reside at Radha-kunda and, in a spiritual body surcharged with ecstatic devotional feelings, render loving service to the divine couple Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, who perform Their astakaliya-lila, Their eternal eightfold daily pastimes