Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rest | rests | resting
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Rest"
The following 185 pages are in this category, out of 185 total.
- A snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord (Nimai), who captured the snake like a curious child. Immediately the snake coiled over Him. The Lord as a child then rested on the snake, and after some time the snake went away, leaving the Lord aside
- According to modern scientists, the material world rests on the sun's effulgence. Due to the sunshine, all planets are rotating and vegetables are growing. We also have information that the moonshine helps vegetables and herbs grow
- Actually these books are the foundation stone of our movement. Whatever we are is resting on these books, so far reading them and distributing them. This should be our only motto
- Actually, a bow is in the curved position because it is tied at its two ends by the bowstring; but in the rainbow there is no such string, and yet it rests in the sky so beautifully
- After arati was performed for the Deities in the temple, Lord Krsna was made to lie down to rest. Advaita Acarya then came out to submit something to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After circumambulating the hill, Madhavendra Puri went to Govinda-kunda and took his bath. He then sat beneath a tree to take his evening rest
- After seeing the young gopis bathe in the Yamuna, Krsna passed the rest of the morning with the boys
- After the visnu-murti disappeared, Akrura got out of the water. Finishing the rest of his ritualistic performance, he went near the chariot of Balarama and Krsna and was struck with wonder
- After this, Krsna did not proceed further into the sacrificial arena but went out the gate and proceeded toward Their resting camp. Along the way, He visited various places in Mathura City with great delight
- Akrura continued, "I offer my respectful obeisances unto You (krsna) because You are Vasudeva, the resting place of all creation. You are the all-pervading Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, all living entities, including different grades of demigods and different grades of overlords, kings and other living entities, are resting in You as parts and parcels of the big unit"
- Akrura was warmly received by Lord Krsna and Nanda Maharaja and offered a resting place for the night. In the meantime, the two brothers Balarama and Krsna went to take Their supper
- All the planets rest on the sunshine, and because of the heat of the sun, they all revolve in their orbits. On each and every planet, the trees and plants grow and change colors due to the sunshine
- All the planets, resting on the sunshine, are nondifferent from the sun. The entire material world is completely dependent on the sun, being produced by the sun, and the cause, the sun, is inherent in the effects
- Although a Vaisnava is the most exalted person, he is prideless and gives all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Krsna
- As far as Vedic sastras are concerned, as we find in the pages of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the ultimate sanction for all success rests in the hands of the Supreme Lord
- As Kamsa saw various signs of death while both awake and sleeping, he could understand that death was certain, and thus in great anxiety he could not rest that night. Just after the night expired, he busily arranged for the wrestling match
- As sannyasi, you are competent to spend the rest of your life travelling and preaching. Continue in this way with determination
- As soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza (My (Radharani's) feeling is like this: My mind burns day and night, and I can get no rest. If there were someplace I could go to meet Krsna, I would immediately fly there), His mind went to pieces
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, brahmano hi pratisthaham: the impersonal Brahman effulgence rests on the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In other words, the bodily effulgence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is kaivalya, or impersonal Brahman
- At that time the conditioned souls are resting in the condition called susupti which is exactly deep sleep without dream, or anesthetized state, therefore they do not remember being with Krsna when they wake up in the material world
- Be happy in Krsna Consciousness and be the ideal grihasta. Better to be satisfied with one nice Krishna Conscious child and the rest of your time being saved for making advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- Before the demon (Vrkasura) could argue that he had no time to take rest, the Lord informed him about the importance of the body, and the demon was convinced
- Brahma said, "This gigantic universal form is another manifestation of Your energy. On account of His resting on the water, this universal form is also Narayana, and we are all within the womb of this Narayana form"
- Certainly the cosmic manifestation comes to a close and becomes void when the living entities merge into the body of Narayana to rest until another creation, and this may be called an impersonal condition, but these conditions are never eternal
- Conditioned souls are resting in the condition called susupti which is exactly deep sleep without dream, or anesthetized state, therefore they do not remember being with Krsna when they wake up in the material world and become engaged in material affairs
- Detachment; freedom from entanglement with children, wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me - all these I declare to be knowledge
- During the rainy season, many small ponds, lakes and rivulets become filled with water; otherwise, the rest of the year they remain dry
- Even the Brahman effulgence, rests on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. He is the knower of everything that is happening in this world, and if knowledge has any end, He is the end of all knowledge; therefore He is the known and the knowable
- Everything has its proper utility, and a man who is situated in complete knowledge knows how and where to apply a thing for its proper utility. Similarly, violence also has its utility, and how to apply violence rests with the person in knowledge
- Everything is an expansion of Brahman, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, yet everything is not the Supreme Godhead, and He is not everywhere. Everything rests upon Him and yet does not rest upon Him
- Everything is resting on the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore He is the ultimate rest. Nidhanam means that everything, even the Brahman effulgence, rests on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- Everything rests on Brahman, but Brahman itself rests on Krsna. Therefore Krsna is the ultimate Brahman, or Parabrahman
- Everything rests on the Lord, just like pearls strung together on a thread. The thread is the principal Brahman. He is the supreme cause, the Supreme Lord upon whom everything rests
- Everything rests on the potency of Lord Sri Krsna, and still the Lord is different from and transcendental to all such identities. In the Vedic Purusa-sukta of the Rg mantra, this is also confirmed
- First of all, the atomic energy is not powerful enough to destroy the world. And secondly, ultimately it all rests on the supreme will of the Supreme Lord because without His will or sanction nothing can be built up or destroyed
- For five consecutive days all the people gathered to see the Lord, and still there was no rest. Out of fear of the crowd, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu left at night and went to the town of Kuliya (present-day Navadvipa)
- For human intelligence it is very difficult to conceive how the whole creation rests on His (the Lord's) expansion of energy, but the Lord has given a very good example in the Bhagavad-gita
- From the navel of Garbhodakasayi Visnu sprouts the lotus that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the universe. The stem of that lotus is the resting place of the multitude of planets
- Having determined to kill even his son (Prahlada Maharaja), Hiranyakasipu gave the example of amputating a part of one's body that has become septic and therefore injurious to the rest of the body
- He (Ananta Sesa) serves Lord Krsna, assuming all the following forms: umbrella, slippers, bedding, pillow, garments, resting chair, residence, sacred thread and throne
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus: “My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures
- He (Mucukunda) decided to remain in that Gandhamadana Mountain region to execute austerities and penances for the rest of his life
- He (The Supreme Lord) is just like the total mass of earth, from which varieties of earthly pots are manufactured: the pots are made of earthly clay, they rest on the earth, the original cause of all varieties of manifestation
- He is causative, for He is the original designer of the cosmos. And He is also locative: that is, everything is resting in His energy
- Here is an instance of such friendly feeling, When Krsna was holding up Govardhan Hill with His left hand, the vayasyas said, "My dear friend, You have been standing for the last seven days and nights without any rest
- Hiranyaksa's temper was difficult to control. He had anklets of gold tinkling about his feet, he was adorned with a gigantic garland, and he rested his huge mace on one of his shoulders
- His (Lord Visnu's) lovely wrists were graced with bracelets, and He rested one of His hands on the shoulder of Garuda, His carrier, and twirled a lotus with another hand
- His (Maha-Visnu) neck was decorated with the Kaustubha jewel, and His chest was marked with the symbol of Srivatsa, which means “the resting place of the goddess of fortune.”
- I am sorry to learn that your health is not very good at the present time. The best thing is that you rest for some time until you are feeling stronger
- I do not know why I am attached to your country, but I strongly believe that if the American boys and girls would accept this philosophy, it would render the greatest service to the rest of the world
- I request you to take proper care of Gargamuni. Let him take complete rest in the hospital and give him rock candy as advised above
- I want that our temples in India supply me with two life-members daily, that's all. Then I shall take care of all other programs, you needn't worry about that. Just get me two life-members a day in all of India, the rest I shall decide
- If a bag of rice is placed in a public place, birds will come to eat a few grains and go away. A human being, however, will take away the whole bag. He will eat all his stomach can hold and then try to keep the rest in storage
- If a limb of one's body is poisoned by disease, it must be amputated so that the rest of the body may live happily. Similarly, even one's own son, if unfavorable, must be rejected, although born of one's own body
- If George is agreeable to be the guarantor, that is not a very big thing, only a small favor and he hasn't got to pay anything. We shall pay whatever money we have got and the rest monthly for so many years, the longest period we can get
- If one can rest without any pillow and make use of the soft arms endowed by nature, there is no necessity of searching after a pillow
- If someone says that the entire business rests on such-and-such a person, it does not mean that the person is bearing all the factories and offices on his head
- If you simply say, 'I do not remember,' I shall take care of the rest. By argument, I shall defeat the young brahmana
- If you want actually to make progress in our devotional life, the utsahan, enthusiasm, is the first thing. If you are lacking enthusiasm, then you should rest, instead of making too much agitation within the mind
- Impersonalists sometimes give the example that if one stands on a stone or a piece of wood one certainly stands on the surface of the land, because the stone and wood both rest on the surface of the earth
- In due time, the brahmana took his bath, accepted his meals & lay down to rest on a bedstead completely bedecked with soft silk. As he was resting, Krsna silently approached, with great respect, put the brahmana's legs on His lap & began to massage them
- In his prayers, Citraketu said that millions of universes rest in the pores of Sankarsana, who is limitless, having no beginning and end
- In that sense, also, the Lord is Narayana, as ayana means the source of knowledge as well as the resting place. It is also confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that the remembrance of the living entity is due to the presence of the Supersoul within the heart
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna explains that although everything is resting on His energy, He is different or separate from the energy
- In the Kena Upanisad it is stated that the Supreme Brahman is the rest for everything, and Krsna has already explained that everything is resting on Him
- In the material world, after working for some time, we want an interval for rest. But if you are actually engaged in spiritual activities, you won't like to be rested. You want to continue always: work, work, work. Rest will be disgusting
- In the province of Orissa there is a place known as Satyabhama-pura. Srila Rupa Gosvami rested for a night in that village on his way to Jagannatha Puri
- In the Tenth Canto, 39th Chapter, 48th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam a faltering voice due to jubilation was exhibited by Akrura when he was shown all of the Vaikuntha planets resting within the River Yamuna
- In this state of intoxication, Balarama felt tired and lay down for rest
- In Vedic literature it is said that everything is Brahman and nothing else. The whole cosmic manifestation rests on the Brahman effulgence. The impersonalists, however, cannot understand how such a huge cosmic manifestation can rest on a person
- It is great offense to change dress now that you have taken babaji dress you must continue. You are all so restless and take everything as farce. Now, take more rest and go on with your program of chanting and that will be good for you
- It is said that the living entity is one ten-thousandth of the tip of a hair. Therefore the living entity is localized. Living entities rest on the Brahman effulgence, the bodily rays of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- It may be replied that if one stands directly on the surface of the earth he is more secure than if he stands on the wood or stone, which rest on the earth
- Kardama Muni, being a saintly person, was living in a humble hermitage, but when he saw the palace constructed by his yogic powers, which was full of resting rooms, rooms for sex enjoyment, and inner and outer yards, he himself was astonished
- KC is so nice that you are aspiring for still more work. That is the sign of spiritual life. In the material world we want to minimize our activities and take rest more but in the spiritual world, there is no rest and there is no limit of activities
- Lord Maha-visnu, who is resting in yoga-nidra on the Causal Ocean and creating innumerable universes by His breathing process, only temporarily appears in the mahat-tattva for the temporary manifestation of the material worlds
- Lord Siva said, "All immediate & remote causes of the cosmic manifestation rest in You without distinctive features of existence. Ultimately, there is no possibility of distinction between You & other thing on equal level with You or subordinate to You"
- Lord Visnu is the resting place of the entire creation: brahmano hi pratisthaham. On Brahman, everything is resting. All the universes are resting on the brahma-jyotir, and all the planets are resting on the universal atmosphere
- Maya tatam idam sarvam jagad avyakta-murtina: Krsna is everywhere in His impersonal form, and everything rests upon Him. Nonetheless, na caham tesv avasthitah: Krsna is not everywhere
- Mayavadi philosophers do not know that even if they merge into the effulgence of the Supreme, this will not give them ultimate rest
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I was very much fatigued due to not resting for many thousands of years, and because of this all my bodily limbs were slack and almost incapable of acting"
- My feeling is like this: My mind burns day and night, and I can get no rest. If there were someplace I could go to meet Krsna, I would immediately fly there
- Narayana said, "What is your purpose? Why have you come so far? I see that you are fatigued, so I request you to take a little rest. You should not unnecessarily tire your body"
- No one should be depressed by thinking that he will never be out of the clutches of matter, for there is every possibility of being rescued, exactly as it is possible for a log, which is floating down a river, to come to rest on the bank
- Now you must guide them very nicely in Krishna Consciousness, because you are a veteran devotee and practically speaking the future of our Krishna Conscious Society rests in the hands of my older disciples
- O Lord, You are worshiped by all demigods like Brahma, the four Sanas and even the King of heaven. You are the ultimate rest for those who are really aspiring to achieve the highest benefit of life
- Of course, so long we have got this material body, we have to take rest, but this rest is also not required, because in the spiritual world there is no such fatigue. Everyone is always active. So that is perfectional stage
- On hearing that the most dear Krsna was approaching Dvarakadhama, magnanimous Vasudeva, Akrura, Ugrasena, Balarama (the superhumanly powerful), Pradyumna, Carudesna and Samba the son of Jambavati, all extremely happy, abandoned resting, sitting and dining
- One must practice concentrating the mind always on the form of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, or on the sound of His name. The mind is naturally restless, going hither and thither, but it can rest in the sound vibration of Krsna
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "But still, just see how wonderful it is that this great Govardhan Hill is resting on the finger of your child's left hand, just as though it were a toy. Is this not very mysterious?"
- One should not misunderstand by wrong interpretations that the Lord spoke only four verses and that therefore all the rest of the 17,994 verses (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) are useless
- One wastes another thirty years sleeping at night during the rest of his life
- Our (the gopis) life rests only in You (Krsna). Our minds, therefore, are filled with anxiety that Your tender feet might be wounded by pebbles as You roam about on the forest path
- Out of 100 persons, seventy-five percent, they are engaged in the service of the Supreme Lord. The rest twenty-five percent who are grhasthas, they are meant for sacrificing fifty percent of their income for this seventy-five percent
- Out of affection for Prthu Maharaja, He touched the earth, but He rested the front of His hand on the raised shoulder of Garuda, His carrier, as if to prevent Himself from falling down, since the Lord is not accustomed to stand on earthly ground
- Recently I have made one record in Los Angeles, so in trying to train our men in that rhythm is not difficult. Just arrange for sixteen men; four mrdangas, harmonium, tamboura, and the rest playing karatalas
- Recess means nothing to do. That is brain, I mean to say, rest. All continually you cannot do that. That is not good. Utmost, forty minutes or forty-five minutes. Then give them ten minutes' freedom
- Regarding my retiring and resting in Hawaii, if Krsna desires I shall do it. I like Hawaii very much
- Rukmini continued, "All kinds of energies and opulences are engaged in Your (Krsna's) service, but still they rest at Your shelter"
- See to it that it rests in the hands of a competent lawyer before Gargamuni must go to Bombay, that will give me great relief
- $70,000. or $80,000. should have been collected, but Karandhara has only collected $24,000. So where is the rest of the money? This means that the money is not being collected properly. What can be done?
- She should take complete rest and chant Hare Krishna. When she next wants to begin work, she must take my permission. For the time being, all work must be suspended
- Since Ganges water rests on the head of Lord Siva and then flows to the other parts of the universe, it is quite possible that the water in which Sati bathed, which was certainly very nicely scented, was Ganges water
- Since the entire Vedic literature deals with the subject of Brahman, Krsna is therefore the ultimate goal of Vedic understanding. The impersonal brahma-jyotir rests on the personal form of the Lord
- Since the Lord is the original source of all emanations, intelligent persons, enlightened by Vedic knowledge, seek the shelter of the Lord, just as birds who leave the nest again search out the nest to take complete rest
- Siva-jvara said "You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Brahman, & You are the original cause. The original cause of the cosmic manifestation is not the impersonal Brahman effulgence. That impersonal Brahman effulgence rests on Your personality"
- Sivananda Sena made all arrangements for the party's necessities. In particular, he pacified the men in charge of levying taxes and found resting places for everyone
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "Accepting them as their born sons, they lifted them into their arms and began to embrace them, resting the children's bodies upon their own"
- Superficially we engage from four o'clock in the morning till ten o'clock at night, and that is resting time. But when one is advanced in devotional service, while sleeping he also serves Krsna
- Supreme goal is the understanding that the whole cosmic manifestation rests on the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that the S.P of Godhead is also all-pervading, even within the minutest atom, by the function of His Paramatma feature
- Svarupa Damodara, acting as His secretary, attended to the Lord's baths, meals, rest and massages, and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami assisted him. In effect, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami acted as the assistant secretary of the Lord
- The all-pervading feature of God means everything is manifestation of His energy. Nothing can exist without God. But it does not mean everything is God. Everything is resting on His energy, but not everything God
- The body is also a resting place because when the living entity becomes fatigued he takes rest within the body
- The brahma-jyotir, or the glowing transcendental effulgence, is resting on Lord Sri Krsna. In other words, the glowing effulgence known as brahma-tejas is nothing but the rays of the Lord, just as the sun rays are rays of the sun disc
- The castle (created by Kardama Muni) had pleasure grounds, resting chambers, bedrooms and inner and outer yards designed with an eye to comfort. All this caused astonishment to the sage himself
- The duration of a day in the life of Brahma is 4,320,000,000 solar years. This is stated also in the Bhagavad-gita. And for this same period Brahmaji rests at night in yoga-nidra within the body of the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, the generator of Brahma
- The duty of a spiritual master is to say give up all dharma and surrender unto the lotus feet of Krishna. He is a spiritual master. Otherwise the rest are cheaters. One who himself becomes Krishna, he is a cheater
- The Earth personified continued, "Everything animate and inanimate in this phenomenal world - rests upon You (Krsna). Since everything is produced of You, nothing can be separate from You"
- The entire manifested creation is therefore resting on the energy of the Lord, but one should not presume that the material manifestation is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The events of the rest (after twenty-four years) of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's forty-eight years were recorded in the diary of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, another (like Murari Gupta) of His intimate associates
- The form of Garbhodakasayi Visnu is called Narayana because He rests Himself on that water. In addition, He is the resting place of all living creatures. Besides that, Narayana is also present in everyone’s heart, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- The gigantic work of churning the milk ocean by the combined effort of the demigods and the demons required a gigantic resting ground or pivot for the gigantic Mandara Hill
- The goddess of fortune, mother Laksmiji, accepted the ocean of milk as her father, but she perpetually rests on the bosom of Narayana
- The gopis said, "Although she is always resting on Your (Krsna's) chest in the Vaikuntha planets, she underwent great austerity and penance to have some shelter at Your lotus feet, which are always covered by tulasi leaves"
- The gopis said, "While passing through here, with one hand resting on the shoulder of the goddess of fortune and the other hand twirling a lotus flower, He (Krsna) must have been very much pleased to accept your obeisances"
- The Gopis said: "O dearly beloved (Krsna)! Your lotus feet are so soft that we place them gently on our breasts, fearing that Your feet will be hurt. Our life rests only in You"
- The impersonal feature of the Lord is the abode of great oceans, and His belly is the resting place for the materially annihilated living entities. His heart is the abode of the subtle material bodies of living beings
- The King (Puranjana), very much fatigued, hungry and thirsty, returned to his royal palace. After returning, he took a bath and had an appropriate dinner. Then he took rest and thus became freed from all restlessness
- The Lord found the earth on the bottom of the Garbhodaka Ocean, where the planets rest during the devastation at the end of Brahma's day
- The Lord of Svetadvipa expands Himself as Sesa Naga, who sustains all the planets upon His innumerable hoods. These huge global spheres are compared to grains of mustard resting on the spiritual hoods of Sesa Naga
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him (mat-sthani sarva-bhutani). This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The Lord's beautiful bodily color is blackish, and His broad chest is the resting place of the goddess of fortune, who glorifies the entire spiritual world, the summit of all heavenly planets
- The material elements are accepted as the inferior energy of Krsna. By their interaction the cosmic manifestation takes place, rests on Krsna, and after dissolution again enters into the body of Krsna as His subtle energy
- The mind is naturally restless, going hither and thither, but it can rest in the sound vibration of Krsna
- The mind, the senses and the vital force, or living entity, have forms, although they are not visible to the naked eye. Form rests in subtle existence in the sky
- The mother of Brahma is Narayana. Because the Lord is the resting place of all the living entities after the dissolution of the universe, He is called Narayana. The word nara means the aggregate total of all living entities. Ayana means the resting place
- The Nagapatnis continued: "Although You are transcendental to the cosmic manifestation, everything is resting in You. You are the personified indefatigable eternal time"
- The original Personality of Godhead (adyah), Govinda, expands Himself as the Maha-visnu incarnation and rests in the Causal Ocean, which He Himself creates
- The Personality of Godhead is the reservoir of all strength, and His strength rests on the thighs of His transcendental body. His whole body is full of opulences: all riches, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation
- The Personality of Godhead was pleased to dine sometimes with Vidura at his home, and while resting He placed His lotus feet on the lap of Vidura
- The Personality of Godhead, appearing on the shoulder of Garuda, seemed like a cloud resting on the summit of the mountain known as Meru
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, everything rests on Your different potencies, and everyone is supported by You, as stated in the Vedas: eko bahunam yo vidadhati kaman"
- The personified Vedas continued, "There are different types of living entities - demigods, human beings, animals, trees, birds, beasts, germs, worms, insects and aquatics - and all enjoy or suffer in life while resting on You"
- The polished nails of the Lord generate electricity, and the clouds rest on the hairs of His head
- The primeval Lord assumed the tortoise incarnation in order to serve as a resting place (pivot) for the Mandara Mountain, which was acting as a churning rod
- The real elevation of human life rests on knowledge and renunciation. As stated in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, devotional service rendered to Krsna automatically produces perfect knowledge and renunciation
- The rest of the clothes were offered to the cowherd boys, who also used them as they desired. What they did not use remained there. Krsna, Balarama and the boys then proceeded along the main road
- The sun, by its sunshine, is spread all over the universe, and all the planets rest on the sunshine
- The Supreme Lord Personality of Godhead is Himself this cosmos, and still He is aloof from it. From Him only has this cosmic manifestation emanated, in Him it rests, and unto Him it enters after annihilation
- The Supreme Lord Personality of Godhead is Himself this cosmos, and still He is aloof from it. From Him only this cosmic manifestation has emanated, in Him it rests, and unto Him it enters after annihilation
- The Supreme Lord rests in yoga-nidra, as previously discussed. And because He sleeps, naturally He must breathe, and the Brahma-samhita confirms that within His breathing period innumerable Brahmas take birth and die
- The Supreme Person has to be understood by the transcendental sound vibrated by Him in Bhagavad-gita, wherein He says that there is nothing superior to Himself; the impersonal Brahman effulgence is resting on His personality
- The term "Brahman" actually applies to Krsna only; therefore in the Bhagavad-gita Arjuna admitted that Lord Krsna is the Parabrahman, or the supreme resting place of everything
- The whole creation ultimately rests in the Supreme Lord. He is the cause of creation, maintenance and dissolution. And when the whole manifestation is dissolved, in its subtle form as the Supreme Lord’s energy it rests within His body
- The yogi should contemplate His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead's) rounded hips, which are encircled by a girdle that rests on the exquisite yellow silk cloth that extends down to His ankles
- There is God, or the Almighty One, from whom everything emanates, by whom everything is maintained and in whom everything is merged to rest
- There was another party (for the Ratha-yatra) that came from Santipura and was formed by Advaita Acarya. Acyutananda was the dancer, and the rest of the men were singers
- There were torrents of rain, and the Lord saved the residents of Vrndavana by lifting Govardhana Hill and resting it on the little finger of His left hand for seven days
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to make a resting place with flowers and how to decorate clothing and limbs with colorful paintings. They also learned how to set valuable jewels in ornaments
- They (members of the yadu dynasty) selected resting places underneath big shady trees, and when they had taken sufficient rest, they prepared to receive visitors, among whom were relatives and friends, as well as many subordinate kings and rulers
- This theory cannot be supported either, because the Lord Himself says in the Bhagavad-gita that the Brahman effulgence rests on His personality
- To isolate the transcendence of the summum bonum, the symptoms of the rest are described sometimes by Vedic inference, sometimes by direct explanation, and sometimes by summary explanations given by the great sages
- Vasudeva said, "The vast expanse of outer space rests in You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the resting place of this cosmic manifestation. You are its creator, and You are also its creative ingredients"
- Vidura was well received by all the family members by exchange of embraces and obeisances. After that, bathing and arrangements for a sumptuous dinner were made, and then he was given sufficient rest
- Violence also has its utility, and how to apply violence rests with the person in knowledge
- We are packed up. Just like this body is packed up with shirt and coat, so the coat is the gross body, and the shirt is the subtle body. So when this gross body is resting, the subtle body is working
- When a man thinks of women and money, he lies down and rests on the arms of his beloved woman or wife. In this way he overindulges in sex life and thus becomes unfit for self-realization
- When all the living entities are in the nonmanifested stage, resting within Narayana - then all these manufactured processes become null and void and cannot act
- When Garbhodakasayi Visnu saw that within the universe there was only darkness and space, without a resting place, He filled half of the universe with water from His own perspiration and laid Himself down on the same water. This water is called Garbhodaka
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimha-deva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When the cosmic creation is annihilated, the living entities, who are indestructible by nature, rest in the body of Maha-sankarsana. Sankarsana is therefore sometimes called the total jiva
- When the Deities were laid down to rest, the priest came out of the temple and offered all twelve pots of sweet rice to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the demigods and demons saw that Mandara Mountain had been lifted, they were enlivened and encouraged to begin churning again. The mountain rested on the back of the great tortoise, which extended for eight hundred thousand miles like a large island
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead descends to this material world, He appears just like an ordinary human being, but He is not resting on any material condition
- When they felt some fatigue, they would sit down, and Balarama would put His head on the lap of one of the (cowherd) boys just to take rest, and Krsna would immediately come and begin massaging the legs of Balarama
- While resting in Satyabhama-pura, he dreamed that a celestially beautiful woman came before him and very mercifully gave him the following order
- Who can count the rest of the books (headed by the Laghu-bhagavatamrta) written by Srila Rupa Gosvami? He has described the pastimes of Vrndavana in all of them