Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reply | replies | replied | replying | replies
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Reply"
The following 212 pages are in this category, out of 212 total.
- A deaf man used to call his wife. She would reply, "I'm coming!'' But, he couldn't hear her. He would think, "The women's deaf.'' Actually he was deaf but he accused her of being deaf. Similarly these people are brainwashed
- Advaita Acarya replied, "I shall never again invite another sannyasi, for it is a sannyasi who has spoiled all My brahminical smrti regulations"
- Advaita Acarya replied, "Sir, You are a mendicant traveling on pilgrimage. Sometimes You eat fruits and roots, and sometimes You simply go on fasting"
- After hearing these moral instructions from Akrura, Dhrtarastra replied, "My dear Akrura, you are very charitable in giving me good instructions, but unfortunately I cannot accept them"
- After hearing this (reply from Nanda Maharaja), Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in the presence of His father and all the elder cowherd men of Vrndavana, spoke in such a way as to make the heavenly king, Indra, very angry
- After hearing this plan of Kamsa's, Akrura replied, “My dear King, your plan is very excellently made to counteract the hindrances to your diplomatic activities"
- After hearing this statement by Krsna, Nanda Maharaja replied, "My dear boy, since You are asking, I shall arrange for a separate sacrifice for the local brahmanas & Govardhana Hill. But for the present let me execute this sacrifice known as Indra-yajna"
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- After ten days, Varuna came again and said to Hariscandra, "Now you can perform the sacrifice." Hariscandra replied, "When an animal grows teeth, then it becomes pure enough to be sacrificed"
- Akrura replied, "As a friend, I shall carry out your order and bring Krsna and Balarama here, as you desire." After instructing his friends in various ways, Kamsa retired, and Akrura went back to his home
- Akrura replied, "One may make a very great plan with his fertile brain, but he must know that he will be subjected to the fruits, misery and happiness. But I have nothing to say against your proposal"
- Akrura replied, "We may make very great plans, but unless they are sanctioned by the supreme authority, they will fail. Everyone in this material world knows that the supernatural power is the ultimate disposer of everything"
- Akrura replied, "You (Kamsa) should maintain equilibrium, for the result of your activities may be fruitful or may not be fruitful. After all, man proposes, God disposes"
- Although as a devotee he (Maitreya) externally expressed surprise, as if he did not know how to reply to those questions, he immediately became perfectly settled and properly replied to Vidura
- And Mukhara replied, "You sinful Jatila, by hearing your words, there is aching in my head! You cannot give any evidence that Krsna has attacked Radharani, the daughter of my granddaughter Kirtida"
- Are you doing French translation work of our books? What about the program of French publication of Back To Godhead? I wrote you from San Francisco, but I have not heard any reply from you
- Being pleased with Banasura, he (Siva) said, "Whatever you desire you can have from me, for I am very much pleased with you." Banasura replied, "My dear lord, if you please, you can remain in my city just to protect me from the hands of my enemies"
- Brahma replied, "Are You not Narayana? You are certainly Narayana. Please listen as I state the proofs"
- Brahma replied, "What I have said is true. The same Lord Narayana who lives on the waters and in the hearts of all living beings is but a plenary portion of You"
- Dhrtarastra replied, "A person destined to die does not utilize the effects of nectar, although it may be administered to him"
- Dhrtarastra replied, "I can understand only that no one can stop the onward progress of the supreme will. I understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has appeared in the family of the Yadus to decrease the burdensome load on this earth"
- Dhrtarastra replied, "I can understand that your instructions are valuable. Unfortunately, they do not stay in my flickering mind, just as the glittering lightning in the sky does not stay fixed in a cloud"
- Due to the mercy of Lord Caitanya, Sanatana was able to put important questions before Him, and these questions were replied to properly
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Knowledge of the summum bonum, the Absolute Truth, is evidence of the mercy of the Supreme Lord"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not rely on any external formality. There is no need for Him to accept the sannyasa order from a superior sampradaya"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The Lord's name is Sri Krsna Caitanya, and His sannyasa preceptor is the greatly fortunate Kesava Bharati"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "There was a man named Jagannatha, who was a resident of Navadvipa, and whose surname was Misra Purandara"
- Govinda mentally replied, "My duty is to serve, even if I have to commit offenses or go to hell
- Haridasa Thakura asked Advaita Prabhu why He was doing something which might jeopardize His position in brahmana society. Advaita Prabhu replied that He was feeding millions of first-class brahmanas by offering the food to Haridasa Thakura
- Hariscandra begged Varuna, "My lord, if a son is born to me, with that son I shall perform a sacrifice for your satisfaction." When Hariscandra said this, Varuna replied, "Let it be so"
- He (Bhrgu Muni) was unable to reply to the words of the Lord (Visnu). Tears glided from his eyes, and he could not say anything. He simply stood silently before the Lord
- He (Mucukunda) replied as follows, "My dear Karttikeya, best of the demigods, I want to sleep now, and I want from you the following benediction"
- He (Varuna) replied: O dear one (Hiranyaksa), we have now desisted from warfare, having grown too old for combat
- He did not think that He's a statue; it is image. He knew God. That was his conviction. So God said, "How do you think that a statue can go with you? I am a statue. I cannot go." Then this boy replied, "Well, if a statue can speak, He can go also."
- Hearing this, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari replied, "Please be satisfied. I assure you that I shall bring Him here three days from now"
- His son replied, "The Deity may be a witness, but He is in a distant country. How can He come to bear witness against you? Why are you so anxious over this"
- I am always very much encouraged to hear from my disciples and to reply them, but now I am old man and I have inclination for philosophy and translating
- I am anxiously awaiting your favourable reply because on your reply only I will have to take action in so many other things
- I am counting every moment for starting the Temple of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and here is the opportunity now which we must utilize without delay. Please therefore reply this letter immediately per return of post and oblige
- I could have recommended something for you, but you could not reply me a proper account, what was collected and what was spent
- I do not know why he has not replied it yet, and since I do not have a copy with me I am also unable to reply it
- I have already replied Jadurani's letter. Regarding her offenses, I do not remember when she committed offenses, and even though she might have done so, I excuse her 100 times, without any hesitation. So she has nothing to bother about it
- I have been away on a tour of Europe and America and upon returning to Bombay I have just gotten your letter. Therefore I have not replied sooner. I shall be coming to Vrndavana within a short time and we can talk there
- I have just yesterday received one letter from a boy in Seattle named Charles McCollogh, & he has desired to come here to Los Angeles and receive initiation from me. Please inform me of the situation with this boy so I may reply to his letter there after
- I have not received any letter from Vasudeva in reply to my last letter. If perhaps there was some delay, you can send the letter to Paris as I am leaving for London tomorrow and shortly thereafter to Paris
- I have received letter from all my spiritual children and I am very sorry that I could not reply them timely although I have replied some of them already
- I have received one encouraging letter from Dr. Channa Reddy, Governor of Uttar Pradesh. He is very enthusiastic in this project. So I am very anxiously awaiting your reply to my letter
- I have written one letter to Pradyumna and Arundhati regarding composing my books, so I am very anxiously awaiting the reply. Please inform them about this and let me know what is the situation there
- I may again repeat the same that if Scindia Steam Navigation Co. has not as yet replied my letter or your letter, then the Murtis should be dispatched without delay by other freighters through the shipping agents
- I replied Him at that time, who would care for the message of Lord Caitanya while we are a subject nation? In this way, I had some argument with my Spiritual Master, and at the end I was defeated
- I reply each and every letter. Especially your letters, Brahmananda's letters, Satsvarupa's letters and Gargamuni's letters I take special care and reply each of them
- I think as Bon Maharaja poisoned the mind of Hrsikesa, similarly these boys have been entrapped by Parvat. This Parvat is one of the disciples of my God-brother but he is so salient that he has not replied to my letters
- I wrote you one letter regarding the translation work of Nrsimhavallabha Goswami and sons. I have not received any reply from you although I am very much anxious to know the result
- If Hrsikesa writes you letter I think you may avoid reply. I do not approve both Hrsikesa's and Bon Maharaja's this offensive action
- If one says that Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is full of Sanskrit verses and therefore not understandable by a common man, I reply that what I have described are the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and that for me to satisfy everyone is not possible
- If we ask any scientist, "I will give you twelve million dollars - please give me back these twelve hours," he will reply, "No, it is not possible." The scientist cannot do it
- If you say yes, then I will send you the dictaphone copies for doing the needful. This will give me great relief, and I am expecting a reply as soon as possible
- If you train the African to preach that will be a nice reply to the African Government for not letting me come there
- In a deep voice that resembled the rumbling of clouds, the Lord replied to the demigods, who all stood there attentively with folded hands
- In answering King Pariksit's question, Sukadeva Gosvami replied that the S P of Godhead has created the mind, senses and living force of the living entity for the purpose of sense gratification and transmigration from one kind of body to another
- In reply to Jayadvaita's questions, henceforward the policy for using diacritic markings is that I want them used everywhere, on large books, small books and also BTG
- In reply to this, Canura said, "My dear Krsna, we can understand very well that You are neither a child nor a young man. You are transcendental to everyone, as is Your big brother, Balarama"
- In reply to those critics who say that Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is full of Sanskrit verses, it can be said that Srimad-Bhagavatam is also full of Sanskrit verses, as are the commentaries on Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In reply to your Bengali letter registered posted to Delhi, I have advised the president of the Mayapur center to do the needful. The copy is enclosed and you can see personally
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- Inquires, "Why you are chanting?" The simple reply is that "We have to go somewhere after death. We are going to Godhead. And you do not know where you'll go."
- It is my duty to give you the right reply as far as possible. There is no cause of anxiety for this method. Questions and answers is the relationship for the Spiritual Master and disciple
- It is said that when there is a thundering sound in the clouds, the mighty lion immediately replies with his thundering roar. But the lion doesn't care when all the foolish jackals begin to make their less important sounds
- It may be replied that if one stands directly on the surface of the earth he is more secure than if he stands on the wood or stone, which rest on the earth
- Jambavati inquired, "Who is this person who has come with the demigods and is laughing with them?" Kalindi replied, "He is my elder brother, Yamaraja, the superintendent of death"
- Just before His Divine Grace passed away at Jagannatha Puri, I wrote him a letter asking what I could do to serve him. In reply, he wrote me a letter ordering me to preach in English the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as I had heard it from him
- Kalindi replied (to Arjuna), "I think He (Lord Visnu) is the Supreme Person and just suitable to become my husband. I disclose my desire thus because you wanted to know it"
- Kapiladeva replies, "If one hears from devotees, the way of transcendental experience quickly opens, and gradually one attains firm faith that in due course develops into attraction and devotion"
- Kapiladeva replies, "The spiritually powerful message of Godhead can be properly discussed only in a society of devotees, and it is greatly pleasing to hear in that association"
- Krsna began to call the cows by their respective names, with great noise. Upon hearing Krsna calling, the cows immediately replied with joy. But by this time the forest fire had surrounded all of them, and the situation appeared to be very fearful
- Krsna informed him, "You may go home now because We shall enter Mathura later, along with Our associates." Akrura replied, "My dear Lord, I cannot go to Mathura alone, leaving You aside"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I know that there is no fault in the goddess of fortune, but still she could not enter into the rasa dance. We hear this from revealed scriptures"
- Lord Caitanya replied to Gopinatha Acarya that it was due to a devotee's favor that a stonelike man could be transformed into a mild, flowerlike devotee
- Lord Caitanya replied, "A person who is always chanting the holy name of the Lord is to be considered a first-class Vaisnava, and your duty is to serve his lotus feet"
- Lord Caitanya replied, "Here is another great fault. You (Kesava Kasmiri) have arranged the word ‘bhavani-bhartr' to your great satisfaction, but this betrays the fault of contradiction"
- Lord Krsna said, "I've never heard of a Deity's walking from one place to another." The brahmana replied, "That is true, but how is it that You are speaking to me, although You are a Deity"
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu replied, "Whatever I may be, You have invited Me. Therefore You must supply as much as I want to eat"
- Lord Sri Krsna was very much pleased by Akrura's offering of prayers. With His smile captivating Akrura more and more, the Lord replied to his submissive devotional statements with the following sweet words
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "Because rainfall is due to the mercy of King Indra and the clouds are his representatives, and because water is so important for our living, we must show some gratitude to the controller of this rainfall, Maharaja Indra"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We are arranging, therefore, to pacify King Indra, because he has very kindly sent us clouds to pour down a sufficient quantity of rain for successful agricultural activities. Water is very important"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We should not give up this traditional ceremonial function; if one gives it up, being influenced by lust, greed or fear, then it does not look very good for him"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "Without rainfall we cannot farm or produce grain, and without grain we cannot live. Therefore rain is necessary for successful religious ceremonies, economic development and, ultimately, liberation"
- Mahatma Gandhi was a great advocate of Bhagavad-gita, and when he was alive I requested him to preach but I did not receive any favorable reply from him, because he was too much politically contaminated
- Many subjects were thoroughly discussed in the talks between Lord Caitanya and Sanatana Gosvami. Due to the mercy of Lord Caitanya, Sanatana was able to put important questions before Him, and these questions were replied to properly
- Mucukunda replied as follows, "Grant me the power to burn to ashes, by my mere glance, anyone who disturbs my sleeping and awakens me untimely. Please give me this benediction"
- Mukunda Datta replied, "The Lord has already arrived here. We have come with Him"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say if somebody complained that "We go and chant, but nobody attends our meeting," so Guru Maharaja would reply that "Why? The four walls will hear you. That is sufficient. Don't be disappointed. Go on chanting"
- Nanda Maharaja replied: My dear Vasudeva, I know that you are very much aggrieved because the cruel king Kamsa has killed all your sons born of Devaki. Although the last child was a daughter, Kamsa could not kill her
- Narada replied, "My dear Lord, this kind of behavior by Your Lordship is not at all astonishing, for You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and master of all species of living entities"
- Naturally, when they (the gopis) heard such unkind words, they tried to reply, but in the attempt torrents of tears fell from their eyes. Finally they managed to speak
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- O Dharma, whatever you have inquired from me shall be known to you. I shall try to reply to all those questions. Once you too were maintained by your four legs, and you increased happiness all over the universe by the mercy of the Lord
- Of course I do not reply your each and every letter, I always think of you because you are all my heart and soul. I am so pleased to have your association
- On hearing Citralekha’s inquiries, Usa replied, "My dear friend, in my dream I saw a nice young man (Aniruddha) who is very, very beautiful. His complexion is swarthy, his eyes are just like lotus petals, and he is dressed in yellow garments"
- On hearing the praises of the cowherd men in Vrndavana, King Nanda said, "My dear friends, in reply to you I can simply present the statement of Garga Muni so that your doubts may be cleared"
- On hearing the prayers of Devaki, the Lord replied, “My dear mother, in the millennium of Svayambhuva Manu, My father Vasudeva was living as one of the Prajapatis. His name at that time was Sutapa, and you were his wife named Prsni"
- On hearing this inquiry from Krsna, Maharaja Nanda replied, "My dear boy, this ceremonial performance is more or less traditional"
- On hearing this question from Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami replied, "My dear King, your question is already answered, even before this incident"
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- On hearing this, the learned brahmana (Sudama) replied, "My dear Krsna, You are the Supreme Lord and the supreme spiritual master of everyone, and since I was fortunate enough to live with You in the house of our guru (Sandipani Muni)"
- One boy, he appeared in his examination. His father asked, "How did you reply to your examination paper?" "Yes, quite nice." Then he said, "How?" "So there were very difficult questions that I could not answer
- One may ask whether scientists, philosophers, economists and mathematicians are also naradhamas, the lowest of men, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead replies that they are because they have no actual knowledge
- One must be confident about the qualifications of his teacher; one should not approach a layman for replies to specific spiritual inquiries. Such inquiries, when replied to with imaginative answers by the teacher, are a program for wasting time
- One of my students just spoken that.... Somebody said that "To become desireless is the highest perfection." So he replied that "Desireless, that is also desire." You are thinking that "I shall become desireless." So this is also a desire
- Please accept my blessings. Since a long time I have not heard from you. I hope you are well in Krishna Consciousness. Please let me know what you are doing. I am anxiously awaiting your reply
- Pradyumna said, "Everyone will talk about me and say that I fled from the fighting place, and if they inquire from me about this, what will be my reply?"
- Prahlada Maharaja replied that a man engrossed in the material consciousness of duality, thinking, "This is mine, and that belongs to my enemy," should give up his householder life and go to the forest to worship the Supreme Lord
- Prakasananda replied, "My dear Lord (Caitanya), You are the Supreme Lord, and although You consider Yourself the Lord's servant, You are nonetheless worshipable"
- Prakasananda replied, "You (Caitanya) are much greater than I am; therefore all my spiritual achievements have been lost because I have blasphemed You"
- Prthu replied: My dear earth, you have disobeyed my orders and rulings. In the form of a demigod you accepted your share of the yajnas we performed, but in return you have not produced sufficient food grains. For this reason I must kill you
- Radharani replied, "My dear cunning boy (Krsna), I did not ask You about Your residence. I inquired about Your dress"
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "How have you introduced the assembly of the players?" Rupa Gosvami replied, The players assemble at a suitable time under the heading of pravartaka
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "What are the characteristics of emotional love?" Rupa Gosvami replied, "This is the nature of emotional love for Krsna
- Ramananda Raya replied after hearing the last statement of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu: prema-bhakti - sarva-sadhya-sara. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu actually accepted this verse (jnane prayasam) as the basic principle of perfection
- Ramananda Raya replied that to be known as a pure devotee of Lord Krsna is the perfect fame. The conclusion, therefore, is that visnu-dharma, or the religion of devotional service unto the S. P. of Godhead, is meant for persons who are thoughtful
- Raya Ramananda replied, "Until this day I did not know anyone within this material world who could inquire beyond this perfectional stage of devotional service
- Recently, I had sent one letter to reply Tusta Krsna's questions about Siddha Svarupa, namely, that Siddha Svarupa may be pure devotee, but so all of you are also pure devotees
- Regarding MacMillan Company, if they have not replied your letter, then forget. We shall publish our own books. You organize the sales promotion. Neither I want to shorten the Srimad-Bhagavatam. We should not count on them
- Replying to King Pariksit’s inquiry, Sukadeva Gosvami said that Lord Siva is the master of the material energy
- Samba: He was presented before some rsis falsely dressed as a pregnant woman by his brothers, and in fun he asked the rsis what he was going to deliver. The rsis replied that he would deliver a lump of iron, which would be the cause of fratricidal war
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "I accept that You do not understand, yet even one who does not understand inquires about the subject matter"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "My dear Gopinatha Acarya, please speak with great care. What is the proof that you have received the mercy of the Lord"
- Since Dr. Radhakrishnan implies that the impersonal Brahman alone possesses such transcendental qualities as being inexhaustible, imperishable, and unborn, we must turn to the Gita for a proper reply
- Sincerely extolled in these words, Lord Visnu, shining very beautifully on the shoulders of Garuda, replied with words as sweet as nectar. His eyebrows moved gracefully as He looked at the sage (Kardama Muni) with a smile full of affection
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya which form was the best of Lord Krsna's millions of forms, and he immediately replied that the supreme form was the Syamasundara form. In that form, Krsna stands curved in three places and holds His flute
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was in ecstasy, and He asked where Nityananda Prabhu was going. Nityananda replied that He was going with Him toward Vrndavana
- Srila Ramananda Raya replied to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My Lord, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If You like, You can cause even a wooden doll to dance"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, the leader of the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana, has properly replied to the impersonalists in his Laghu-bhagavatamrta, which is a natural commentary on the aphorisms of the Vedanta-sutra
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura replies that the pastimes of the Lord in Vrndavana are meant to be relished by advanced devotees of the Lord. Neophyte devotees will misunderstand such supreme transcendental activities of the Lord
- Srimad-Bhagavatam replies that in actuality all of these methods (karma-kanda, jnana-kanda and upasana-kanda) defined in the Vedic literature indicate the worship of the Supreme Lord, Visnu
- Sukadeva Gosvami immediately replied that transgressions of religious principles by the supreme controller testify to His great power. For example, fire can consume any abominable thing; that is the manifestation of the supremacy of fire
- Svarupa Damodara replied for Srila Rupa Gosvami, "He wanted to compose a drama about the pastimes of Lord Krsna. He planned to describe in one book both the pastimes of Vrndavana and those of Dvaraka and Mathura"
- Svarupa Damodara replied, "Nevertheless, when we hear the Mayavada philosophy, we hear that Brahman is knowledge and that the universe of maya is false, but we gain no spiritual understanding"
- The beautiful girl was the river Yamuna personified. She replied (to Arjuna), "Sir, I am the daughter of the sun-god, and I am now performing penance and austerity to have Lord Visnu as my husband"
- The Bhattacarya replied, "Do not go alone to see the Deity at the Jagannatha temple. It is better that You go with me or my men"
- The Bhattacarya replied, “A person who has received but a small fraction of mercy from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu can understand that He is Lord Krsna. No one else can
- The boy replied, "Sir, I am a cowherd boy, and I reside in this village. In My village, no one fasts"
- The brahmana replied that the son of the Yadu dynasty, Sri Krsna, had arrived; he further encouraged her (Rukmini) by saying that Krsna had promised to carry her away without fail
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "I was completely aware of the regulative principles of fighting, and I did my duty"
- The charioteer replied, "My dear sir (Pradyumna), you are completely competent in the battlefield. But it is the duty of the charioteer and the warrior to protect each other in a precarious condition"
- The child (Sukadeva Gosvami) remained in the womb of his mother for twelve years, and when the father (Srila Vyasadeva) asked the son to come out, the son replied that he would not come out unless he were completely liberated from the influence of maya
- The devotees all replied, "One night at the end of a full year, Junior Haridasa got up and went away. No one knows where he has gone"
- The disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya retaliated, "By what evidence do you conclude that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Lord?" Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The statements of authorized acaryas who understand the S P of Godhead are proof"
- The earth informed King Prthu that if he destroyed her, he and his subjects would all fall down into the waters of the garbha ocean. King Prthu now replies to that point
- The earthly deity (in the form of a cow) thus replied to the personality of religious principles (in the form of a bull): O Dharma, whatever you have inquired from me shall be known to you. I shall try to reply to all those questions
- The great sage (Kardama Muni) replied (to Syamabhuva Manu): Certainly I have a desire to marry, and your daughter (Devahuti) has not yet married or given her word to anyone. Therefore our marriage according to the Vedic system can take place
- The inhabitant of Kulina-grama said, "Please let me know who is actually a Vaisnava and what his symptoms are." Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and gave the following reply
- The King replied, "I consider Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead. There is no doubt about it"
- The Lord (Caitanya) replied, "You should engage yourself in the service of the servants of Krsna and always chant the holy name of Krsna. If you do these two things, you will very soon attain shelter at Krsna's lotus feet"
- The Lord (Narayana) replied to the demon (Vrkasura) as follows, "I Myself cannot believe that Lord Siva has in truth given you such a benediction. As far as I know, Lord Siva is not in a sane mental condition"
- The Lord asked, 'How could Rupa Gosvami have understood My heart?'. Svarupa Damodara replied, I can understand that You have already bestowed Your causeless mercy upon him
- The lord of Vaikuntha replies to Durvasa Muni thusly, "My pure devotees are always satisfied being engaged in devotional service"
- The Lord replied to Haridasa Thakura, "Please check your humility. Just the sight of your humility very much agitates My mind"
- The Lord replied, "My dear Srinivasa, please stop joking. You have all combined together to humiliate Me in this way"
- The Lord said, "This statement is very good, but please proceed even further." Ramananda Raya then replied, "Loving service to the Lord in the parental relationship is the highest perfectional stage"
- The Lord, however, did not reply to their inquisitiveness, but instead immediately sent for the brahmana. An airplane sent from Vaikuntha immediately brought the brahmana into Lord Narayana's presence
- The Mayavadi philosopher claims to be equal to God, but he cannot reply to the question of why he has fallen into material entanglement
- The ocean deity replied, "This great demon (Pancajana) generally remains deep in the water in the shape of a conchshell. The son of Your teacher might be within the belly of the demon, having been devoured by him"
- The ocean deity replied, “The boy was not actually taken by me but was captured by a demon named Pancajana"
- The older brahmana replied, "My dear boy, do not doubt me. I will give you my daughter in charity. I have already decided this"
- The question that "Why Bhagavata is so important than other books?" The reply is there: maha-muni krte kim va paraih. "What is the use of other books?" It is written by Maha-muni Vyasadeva, the Vedanta-acarya
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead replied, "My dear wives of the brahmanas, rest assured that your husbands will not neglect you on your return, nor will your brothers, sons or fathers refuse to accept you"
- The technical inquiries by Srila Ramananda Raya and the replies of Srila Rupa Gosvami indicate that both of them were expert and fully conversant with the techniques of writing drama
- The wife is supposed to inquire from the husband about spiritual advancement of life, and the husband must be competent to reply all the questions of wife. That will keep relation very nice
- The wives of the brahmanas replied, "Dear Lord, this sort of instruction does not befit You. Your eternal promise is that You will always protect Your devotees, and now You must fulfill this promise"
- The woman replied to Krsna, "My dear Syamasundara, dear beautiful dark boy, You may know that I am engaged as a maidservant of Kamsa. I am supplying him pulp of sandalwood daily"
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- The young brahmana replied, "My dear sir, even if You appear there as a four-handed Visnu Deity, still, none of those people will believe in Your words"
- The younger brahmana replied, "If you have decided to give your young daughter to me, then say so before the Gopala Deity"
- The younger brahmana replied, "My dear sir, please hear me. You are saying something very unusual. Such a thing never happens"
- There is a cartoon picture in New York. One old man and his wife, sitting together. The wife is requesting the husband, old husband, "Chant, chant, chant," and the husband is replying: "Can't, can't, can't"
- There is no need of replying Parvat Maharaja's letter. He did not reply my letter & why he would expect a reply from you. Do your duty nicely & go Back to Godhead
- They'll tolerate material egoism, "We are doing this humanitarian service." That they... And spiritual egoism he'll not. That I replied, that this is real egoism, aham brahmasmi. And I'm: "Aham dog asmi." (laughter) That is not very good pride
- This verse is a reply to Arjuna's third question: What is the means of attaining to the transcendental position? As explained before, the material world is acting under the spell of the modes of material nature
- Till now I have received no reply from the Canadian Immigration Department, and I have just now received one letter from Janardana stating therein that even if I go to Montreal pending my immigration application, there will be no difficulty
- To such a misguided interpreter we may reply, "Why should you suggest such fallacious logic? An interpretation is never accepted as evidence if it opposes the principles of scripture"
- Ugrasrava (Suta Gosvami), the son of Romaharsana, being fully satisfied by the perfect questions of the brahmanas, thanked them (the sages of Naimisaranya) and attempted to reply
- Upon hearing Arjuna speak in this way, the brahmana replied, "My dear Arjuna, Lord Balarama is present, but He could not give protection to my children. Lord Krsna is also present, but He also could not give them protection"
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Vasudeva replied to his sister, "My dear sister (Kuntidevi), do not be sorry, and do not blame me in that way. We should always remember that we are all only toys in the hands of providence"
- Vasudeva then replied: My dear Nanda, if you have already paid the government taxes, then return soon to your place, because I think that there may be some disturbances in Gokula
- Vidura asked all relevant questions of Maitreya because he knew well that Maitreya was the right person to reply to all the points of his inquiries
- Vyasa inquired about this, and the young ladies replied that his son (Sukadev) was purified and when looking at them made no distinction between male and female, but the sage made such distinctions
- We are preachers, and we do not expect our audience or candidates completely respondent to our call. If everyone is trained then what is the use of our preaching. I receive daily so many odd letters, still we have to reply them properly
- We are requesting everyone: "Please chant, chant, chant." And they are replying: "Can't, can't, can't." This is their misfortune
- We have received complaint from the Bina Musical Stores that on their inquiry about $400 dispatched from America you have replied in the negative. The $400 was sent by cable on the 3rd September 1969, and before that you received $300 and odds
- When King Rahugana expressed surprise upon seeing Bharata's spiritual achievements, Bharata replied: "My dear Rahugana, no one can attain the perfected stage of devotional service without being favored by a great soul, a pure devotee"
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu had thus regained external consciousness, He asked Lord Nityananda Prabhu, "Please return My staff." Nityananda Prabhu then replied, "It has been broken into three parts"
- When Prahlada Maharaja was asked by his atheistic father to describe something very good which he had learned, he replied to his father, "For a materialistic person who is always full of anxieties due to being engaged in temporary and relative truths"
- When Prahlada was asked by his atheistic father to describe something very good which he had learned, he replied to his father, "The best course is to give up the blind well of family life and go to the forest to take shelter of the Supreme Lord"
- When Satadhanva was refused help by Krtavarma, he went to Akrura and implored him to help. But Akrura also replied, "Balarama and Krsna are Themselves the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Among all the mellows, which do you consider best?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "The mellow of conjugal love is supermost."
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired about Sanatana Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami replied, "I did not meet him"
- When the boys saw that the brahmanas would not reply to them even with a simple yes or no, they became very much disappointed. They then returned to Lord Krsna and Balarama and explained everything that had happened
- When the Lord asked Nityananda Prabhu how far it was to Vrndavana, Nityananda replied, "Just see! Here is the river Yamuna"
- Whenever man raises the question of these miseries before a so-called scientist, the scientist very cleverly replies that material science is progressing and that ultimately it will be possible to render man deathless, ageless and diseaseless
- Without replying to a word of Krsna’s statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor
- Yamaraja returned the boy to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Krsna and Balarama brought him to his father. The brothers asked if Their teacher had anything more to ask from Them, but he replied, "My dear sons, You have done enough for me"
- Yamaraja, being questioned by the muni (Manduka Muni), replied that the muni in his childhood pierced an ant with a sharpened straw, and for that reason he was put into difficulty
- You have taken the matter very intelligently and now we have got invitation from one Professor G. G. Kotovsky in Moscow. So I agree to go to Germany as soon as I hear from you in reply to this letter
- You should be very serious for trying for it, as I think that you are one of my senior disciples and I am very much relying on you now to carry on this mission with full responsibility
- Your letter under reply gives me great pleasure when I understand from your childhood you are a great devotee of Lord Krishna, and now in your old age you are still anxious to preach the doctrine of Lord Krishna, namely, to surrender to the SP of Godhead