Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
answer | answerable | answered | answering | answers | answer's
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Answering Krsna (1 P)
- ► Caitanya's Answers (1 P)
- ► My Answers (Prabhupada) (44 P)
- ► Our Answers (Disciples of SP) (21 P)
- ► Questions and Answers (2 C, 39 P)
Pages in category "Answer"
The following 139 pages are in this category, out of 139 total.
- A disciple always inquires from the spiritual master, and the spiritual master answers the question, provided the disciple is very gentle and devoted
- A father takes the responsibility of maintaining the children. Why? Why he takes such, I mean, a grave responsibility, a family man. That "why" is answered - just to have happy and enjoyable life. That's all
- A living being and the Lord cannot be distinguished simply by the difference in the magnitude of the body. So the answer depends on the specific significance of the body of the Lord, as distinguished from the body of the common living being
- A possible answer is that it is very difficult to put any of the citizens of Dvaraka into trouble in the presence of Krsna
- An intelligent person must inquire from the spiritual master about the goal of life. A bona fide spiritual master can answer all such questions because he has seen the real truth
- An outsider has no right to put any question because he is not surrendered. And a spiritual master is not obliged to answer anyone except to his disciple. This is the Vedic way
- Analyze the chemicals and combine them and put in the incubator. You get one chicken. Why the rascals cannot do it? And still, they say that life comes from chemicals. What is the answer?
- Another point clearly stated in the answer of Sukadeva Gosvami is that it is the mind, senses and intelligence of the individual living entity that the Lord created. It is not stated that the living entities themselves were ever created
- Answered by quoting the authority
- Appearance of Krsna is the answer to all imaginative iconography of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Everyone imagines the form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead according to his mode of material nature
- Arjuna is perplexed, and now he wants a definite answer. This is the inquiry about transcendental subject matter. So every human being has to inquire. The inquiry must be there
- Bali Maharaja's grave answer to Sukracarya is meaningful
- Because I have now given you everything you are able to answer all such questions from what you know, and if there is any difficulty you may consult my books, or you may write me if necessary
- Because Pariksit Maharaja wanted to clear up the situation, his spiritual master answered him very intelligently, "Why are you again asking about the same subject matter which has already been explained to you? Why are you so forgetful?"
- Before Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami recited Srimad-Bhagavatam and answered the questions of Maharaja Pariksit unhesitatingly, and thus both the master and the disciple got salvation
- Best thing is if you chant Hare Krishna and go to Krishna Loka and find out the answers to all these questions yourself
- He began personally posing questions and then answering them with conclusive statements. When afternoon came, the topics still did not end
- Here it is recommended that simply by inquiring about Krsna and taking answer of the question, both the questioner and the answer-giver, both will be pleased
- How can one live in the forest and not be taken care of by anyone? But the answer, given by a great authority, Narada Muni, is that such persons are well protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- How the evolutionary process is taking place? So that answer is also given in the Bhagavad-gita
- I asked the Christian so many times that "Your Bible says, 'Thou shalt not kill.' Why you are killing?" They cannot give any satisfactory answer. This is my experience
- I have met with so many Christians and when I ask them why Christians are killing they cannot answer. The first principle of spiritual life is non violence
- If by simply copying you want to take so much credit that you will defy the existence of God, you are so fool, rascal, then how much credit should be given to the original person who has made all these things existing. What is their answer?
- If death is complete forgetfulness, why should a person be punished for his past misdeeds? The conception of the Paramatma is an invincible answer to these fallacious arguments
- If he is the Supreme God, then how is it that he has been overtaken by impious activities and thereby subjected to the tribulations of the law of karma? When the Mayavadis are asked about this, they cannot properly answer
- If it is asked, “Why don’t the householders go to a saintly person or a brahmana for enlightenment?” the answer is that householders are very poor-hearted"
- If one asks about the origin of love of Krsna, the answer is that the origin is in Srimati Radharani alone. Who is the most dear friend of Krsna? The answer again is Srimati Radharani alone. No one else
- If one asks how a personality can be beheld in four quite opposing ways, the answer is that the Lord is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities and activities
- If one is always fully engaged in the devotional service of the Lord with full sincerity of attitude, beginning with the tongue, that Krishna will Himself appear to the devotee and all questions will be answered personally by Him
- If someone is asked what one did exactly at the same time one day earlier, it would be very difficult for a common man to answer immediately. He would surely have to dredge his memory to recall what he was doing exactly
- If the Absolute Truth is beyond measurement, one may ask, how can one realize Him? The answer is given here by the word svayambhuve: one may understand Him or not, but nevertheless He is existing in His own spiritual potency
- If we inquire, "Wherefrom this chunk comes?" that they cannot answer. Therefore the so-called scientific knowledge always remains in doubt. Darwin's theory... There are so many passages: "It may be, perhaps"
- If you say to the scientist: "What you have done for the human society to live eternally in perfect happiness?" What is their answer? (They will say that they are trying) That is nonsense. Therefore we kick on your face. Therefore we have got the right
- If you want to inquire, you must go to somebody who knows the thing. Therefore, immediately, in the very beginning of the Vedanta-sutra, there is duality, that one must inquire, and one must answer
- Impersonalism cannot give us the answer to our eternal search after peace
- In answer to this argument, Rupa Gosvami says that the followers of Buddha cannot be accepted as devotees
- In answering King Pariksit's question, Sukadeva Gosvami replied that the S P of Godhead has created the mind, senses and living force of the living entity for the purpose of sense gratification and transmigration from one kind of body to another
- In answering King Pariksit's question, Sukadeva Gosvami used the word atmane, which indicates the stage of brahminical qualification in which one is allowed to study the Vedic scriptures known as the Upanisads
- In the Vedanta-sutra, the first sutra, or code, questions about the Absolute Truth. Athato brahma jijnasa: What is the nature of the Absolute Truth? The next sutra answers that the nature of the Absolute Truth is that He is the origin of everything
- In the Western world, where the glories of Lord Caitanya are relatively unknown, one may inquire, "Who is Krsna Caitanya?" The author of the Caitanya-caritamrta, Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja, answers that question in the third verse of his book
- In this way Sukadeva Gosvami informed Maharaja Pariksit of the answers to his questions regarding the essence of Vedic knowledge and what is considered to be the ultimate goal in the Vedas
- Inquiry means sravanam. Inquiry means to get the answer; that is hearing. And then assimilate. Then kirtanam, then distribute the knowledge to the world
- Inquiry should be genuine and the answer should come from a genuine person
- It is not that the Caitanya Mahaprabhu's sampradaya is simply chanting and dancing. If required, they are prepared to answer all Vedic discussion. They are prepared
- It is recommended that we must follow the great personalities. Sukadeva Gosvami is also one of the great personalities, and his answer to the inquiry of Maharaja Pariksit is authorized
- It may be questioned here why devotee should be attached to the quality of goodness in the material world if he is transcendental to all material qualities. The answer is that there are different kinds of people existing in the modes of material nature
- It may be questioned why a devotee is put into such tribulation by the Personality of Godhead. The answer is that this kind of arrangement by the Lord is just like a father’s sometimes becoming unkind to his sons
- Krsna is describing Himself. You try to understand from the statement of Krsna with your logic, argument, science and everything. You will find complete answer
- Krsna said, "The words which have affected you (Rukmini) so much are not factual. I wanted to irritate you a bit, and I was expecting you to make counter answers to those joking words. Unfortunately, you have taken them seriously"
- Maharaja Pariksit asked about Lord Ananta, and upon hearing this question, Sukadeva Gosvami began to show symptoms of collapsing. Yet he checked himself and answered King Pariksit's question in a mild voice
- Maharaja Pariksit asked many questions, some of them very curiously, to know things as they are, but it is not necessary for the master to answer them in the order of the disciple's inquiries, one after the other
- O spotless one (Maitreya), your answers to all these questions will grant immunity from all material miseries. Such charity is greater than all Vedic charities, sacrifices, penances, etc
- On hearing this question from Maharaja Pariksit, Sukadeva Gosvami replied, "My dear King, your question is already answered, even before this incident"
- One boy, he appeared in his examination. His father asked, "How did you reply to your examination paper?" "Yes, quite nice." Then he said, "How?" "So there were very difficult questions that I could not answer
- One has to be very enthusiastic in devotional service. Enthusiasm means action, but action for whom? The answer is that one should always act for Krsna - krsnarthakhila-cesta
- One may ask what harm there is in worshiping Krsna and the different parts of His body, the demigods, and the answer is also given in this verse. The point is that by supplying food to the stomach, the indriyas, the senses, are automatically satisfied
- One may put forward the argument, "Why are the demigods worshiped?" The answer is given here that demigods are worshiped by less intelligent men
- One must be confident about the qualifications of his teacher; one should not approach a layman for replies to specific spiritual inquiries. Such inquiries, when replied to with imaginative answers by the teacher, are a program for wasting time
- One who is not well versed in the authorized scriptures and not able to answer all such inquiries should not pose as a spiritual master for the matter of material gain. It is illegal to become a spiritual master if one is unable to deliver the disciple
- Otherwise pariprasna is a waste of time. According to our Vedic system, we should not make any question to any person whose answer I cannot accept toto
- Out of the six questions - ksetra, ksetra-jna, prakrti, purusa, jnanam, jneyam - He is answering the first two, pair
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- Please tell me all this, for your poetic ability is wonderful. After offering obeisances to Ramananda Raya, Rupa Gosvami gradually began answering his inquiries
- Pradyumna Misra answered, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has sent me to hear topics about Lord Krsna from you"
- Raghunatha dasa answered within his mind, "I do not know who Krsna is. I simply know that Your mercy, O my Lord, has saved me from my family life"
- Rambha was asked, "My dear Rambha, who are you?" She answered, "I am peace personified." Question: "Then why are you in the sky?" Answer: "I am in the sky to experience the supreme absolute truth
- Read Bhagavad-gita carefully. All answers are there
- Scientists explain that water is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen, but when asked where such a large quantity of hydrogen and oxygen came from and how they combined to manufacture the great oceans and seas, they cannot answer
- Since it is said that Lord Krsna never leaves Vrndavana-dhama, one may ask how He manages the affairs of the creation. This is answered in the Bhagavad-gita: The Lord pervades the entire material creation by His plenary part known as the Paramatma
- Since Lord Krsna appeared on the eighth day of the waning moon, there could be no rising of the full moon. In answer to this it may be said that Lord Krsna appeared in the dynasty which is in the hierarchy of the moon
- So this chapter, thirteenth chapter, is very important chapter. So many rascals are there. They're talking so many things. But if you want real answer, that is described by Krsna to the six questions, Krsna immediately answers in nutshell
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world? The answer is that such activities show special mercy to the fallen, conditioned souls
- Sometimes some foolish question is there, "Can you show me God?" The answer God is giving, that maya tatam idam sarvam: "I am everywhere. If you have eyes to see, you can see Me." So actually God is everywhere; otherwise how He is God?
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya worked like miners, excavating all kinds of valuable metals, each one better than the other. Their questions and answers are exactly like that
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the questions, and Sri Ramananda Raya gave the answers. In this way they were engaged in discussion throughout the night
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King (Pariksit), your question is glorious because it is very beneficial to all kinds of people. The answer to this question is the prime subject matter for hearing, and it is approved by all transcendentalists
- Srimad-Bhagavatam gives answers to all of the various students of self-realization: this ultimate objective of life is not to be searched out without great labor or perseverance
- Sukadeva answered Pariksit, "He (Mucukunda) was so powerful that even demigods like Indra used to ask him to help in fighting the demons, and as such he often fought against the demons to protect the demigods"
- Sukadeva answered Pariksit, "He himself was also a great soul and was known popularly as Mucukunda. King Mucukunda was a strict follower of the Vedic principles of brahminical culture, and he was truthful to his promise"
- Sukadeva answered Pariksit, "My dear King, this person was born in the very great family of King Iksvaku, in which Lord Ramacandra was also born, and he happened to be the son of a great king known as Mandhata"
- Sukadeva Gosvami answered: Pradyumna, the eldest son of Krsna, born of Rukmini, was Cupid himself. He was so beautiful and attractive that the daughter of Rukmi, namely Rukmavati, could not select any husband other than Pradyumna during her svayamvara
- Sukadeva Gosvami, equally intelligent, as befitting the spiritual master of Maharaja Pariksit, answered the King and confirmed that his statement concerning atonement was correct
- Sukadeva Gosvami, in answering Pariksit Maharaja’s question, went on to cite a historical instance regarding Pariksit Maharaja’s grandfather, King Yudhisthira
- That is devotee, who can answer any question. Everything is discussed in the Bhagavad-gita. Everything, complete knowledge
- The activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the devotees are so fascinating that neither the devotee who is describing them nor the devotee who is hearing is at all fatigued by the inquiries and answers
- The answer is that He (Krsna) can do anything for the pleasure of His devotees. Similarly, because the gopis wanted to enjoy Krsna, they were given the opportunity to associate with Him for a long period. This was done according to His promise
- The answer is that it was the desire of the Supreme Personality of Godhead to end the violence which was then being committed in the name of the Vedas
- The answer is that Lord Krsna went to see Lord Maha-Visnu not exactly to take away the sons of the brahmana but only for Arjuna's sake
- The answer is there in the Bhagavad-gita, that anyone who is simply engaged in Krsna consciousness, for his necessities of life Krsna will look after. Krsna is looking after for everyone's maintenance. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman
- The answer is to search the Absolute Truth, Who is the Source of all emanation. This Absolute Source of emanation is explained preliminarily in the Bhagavad-gita, and explicitly in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The answers of his guru could not satisfy him
- The argument may be put forward, How can something the size of a thumb be accommodated within the heart of an ant? The answer is that this thumb measurement of the Supersoul is imagined in proportion to the body of the living entity
- The first commandment is violated. It is clearly said, "Thou shalt not kill." But when I ask any Christian, "Why you are killing?" He cannot give me any satisfactory answer
- The following is a conversation consisting of questions put before Rambha, a celebrated beautiful woman, and her corresponding answers
- The great sage Narayana continued, "It was so delicate that even the Vedas were unable to answer the intricate questions raised"
- The immediate answer is that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. How is that? Because He conforms in exact detail to descriptions of the Supreme Being, the Godhead
- The modern civilization is: mother is material nature and we are all sons, born in the womb of the material nature. So who is the father? That inquiry is lacking. But there is father, undoubtedly. And the answer is given in the Bhagavad-gita
- The one who is questioning, he should be submissive, not in a challenging mood; and one who is answering, he should remember the lotus feet of the Lord so that right answer can come from Him
- The plain answer is that since Lord Buddha appeared and began to deprecate the performance of sacrifice in order to stop animal killing on this planet, the process of offering sacrifices has been stopped, and the demigods do not care to come here anymore
- The Rsi (Narayana Rsi) answered by following in the footsteps of His predecessors. He narrated a story of how the same question had been discussed on the planet known as Janaloka, which is above the Svargaloka planets, such as the moon and Venus
- The sages of Naimisaranya asked Suta Gosvami six questions, and so he is answering them one by one
- The scientists, they are trying to make a xerox copy of Professor Einstein. So why not the original? Hm? What is their answer?
- The Srimad-Bhagavatam gives answers to all of the various students of self-realization: this ultimate objective of life is not to be searched out without great labor or perseverance
- The subject matter of this book is Sukadeva Gosvami's answering of these and other questions asked by Maharaja Pariksit
- The verdict of Krsna is the final and complete answer to all doubts, because He knows past, present and future perfectly - but no one knows Him. Krsna and Krsna conscious devotees alone can know what is what
- There are twelve mahajanas, great authorities on devotional service, and Lord Siva is one of them. Why, then, did he adopt the process of Mayavada philosophy? The answer is given in the Siva Purana
- There were six questions put by the sages of Naimisaranya to Suta Gosvami, and Suta Gosvami answered the six questions in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- They (modern scientists) cannot answer because they are atheists who will not accept that everything comes from life. Their thesis is that life comes from matter
- They (Vasudeva and Devaki) were amazed and could not speak or answer the words of Krsna but simply embraced Him and Balarama in great affection and remained silent, shedding incessant tears
- They say that God cannot come. But if I put the question: "Why God cannot come?" what is the answer? If God is all-powerful, why you are curtailing His power, that He cannot come? What kind of God is He? God is under your law, or you are under God's law?
- This (How could Baladeva be the son of both Devaki and Rohini?) was one of the questions put by Maharaja Pariksit to Sukadeva Gosvami, and it will be answered in due course
- This demigod who thinks himself supreme has shown his great power, but I shall answer him according to My position, and I shall teach him that he is not autonomous in managing universal affairs
- This kind of answer, that if I ask you that "You produce life from chemicals," and if you answer that "Yes, we shall do it in future," that is not very scientific answer. What do you think? Is that very scientific answer?
- This knowledge that the energy of the Lord is simultaneously one with and different from the Lord is an answer to the mental speculators' attempt to establish the energy as the Absolute
- This question put before the great devotee Suta Gosvami is the foremost of the six questions raised. The answer to this important question is given in the next verse, also from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Thus they met time and time again, sitting in a secluded place and jubilantly discussing devotional service by the question-and-answer process
- To answer this question, we first have to understand that there cannot be any influence of chance for the living entities; chance is for nonliving entities
- We (the gopis) therefore put a question to You, and since You are very learned, You can answer it properly. In dealings between lovers, we find that there are three classes of men
- When bright young boys and girls receive proper guidance from parents and teachers who can lucidly answer their queries, they easily understand each point and gradually develop fine brains
- When Maharaja Ambarisa, in his dilemma, consulted the brahmanas about whether he should break the fast or wait for Durvasa Muni, apparently they could not give a definite answer about what to do
- When the scriptures of the yavanas - namely the Old Testament, New Testament and Koran - cannot properly answer inquisitive followers, naturally those advanced in scientific knowledge and philosophy lose faith in such scriptures
- Who has created death? Eh? Who has created death? Man creates everything, but who has created your death, Mr. Man? What is the answer?
- Who is Krsna's dearmost lovable object? The answer is that it is only Srimati Radhika and no one else
- Why are devotees of the demigods greater in number than the Vaisnavas? The answer is given herein. Vaisnavas are not interested in such fourth-class pleasures as wine and women, nor does Krsna allow them such facilities
- Yet he (Sukadeva Gosvami) checked himself and answered King Pariksit's question in a mild voice. This collapsing condition is described as a feverish state resulting from ecstatic pleasure
- You are manufacturing a machine, some instrument, by the same imperfect senses, then what is the guarantee that this machine, this binocular, if you see through the binocular, the knowledge is perfect? What is your answer?
- You are surrendering to this boy or that boy, hearing. This is correct or that is correct. But you do not know what is correct. So under the circumstances, you surrender to Krsna; you'll get the correct answer
- You must find out a suitable person where you can question and get the proper answer, a spiritual master. That means surrender. Then question. Question is not a challenge. Question is to understand
- You should question, also put your question, to a person who can actually answer. That means you must question only to the spiritual master. Otherwise, you may be misled. He may give you some wrong information