Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pronounce | pronounced | pronouncement | pronouncements | pronouncers | pronounces | pronouncing | pronunciation | pronunciations
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Pronounce"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- Although not a brahmana but a ksatriya, Dhruva was allowed, on the authority of Narada, to pronounce the pranava omkara. This is very significant
- Although Srila Suta Gosvami was a preacher of the first order, he did not bother much about the metrical pronunciation of the Vedic mantras. But that does not mean that Srimad-Bhagavatam is of less importance than the Vedic mantras
- Animal killing is intended for different purposes. It tests the proper pronunciation of Vedic mantras, and an animal being put into the sacrificial fire should come out with a new life
- Even if one chants the holy name of the Lord with improper pronunciation, he will achieve relief from material bondage if he chants without offenses
- Every volume of Srimad-Bhagavatam as well as Caitanya Caritamrta must be fully complete with an index, list of references, glossary, Sanskrit pronunciation guide
- I was just thinking of teaching our students the pronunciation of the Sanskrit verses in the Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, etc. and by Krsna's will you have already begun this
- If the yogi, at the time of death, can pronounce om, the concise form of transcendental vibration, and at the same time mam anusmaran, remember Krsna, Visnu, he will attain perfection
- It is the practice of the brahmanas conversant with the science to pronounce a Vedic mantra in the right accent
- It is the practice of the brahmanas conversant with the science to pronounce a Vedic mantra in the right accent. The combination of the mantra and Sanskrit words must be chanted with the right pronunciation
- The Muhammadans, they pronounce s as h. So from "Sindhu," it has come to "Hindu." Otherwise, this "Hindu" name is not mentioned in any Vedic literature
- The parivrajakacaryas are not always expert in pronouncing the Vedic mantras, which are practiced systematically by accent and meter by the brahmanas who are meant for administering Vedic rites
- The Vedic mantras are pronounced beginning with omkara to indicate immediately the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Srimad-Bhagavatam, for example, begins with the words om namo bhagavate vasudevaya
- The Vedic mantras mostly begin with pranava omkara and it requires some training to pronounce the metrical accent, without which the mantras cannot be successfully chanted
- Thereafter, Vedic hymns which had not been pronounced before, priestly rituals, the subject matters of the recitation, and transcendental activities were all established, one after another
- This is the activity of your spiritual master, that he is preaching the message of Lord Caitanya and he's a disciple of Sarasvati Thakura. You should pronounce it sarasvate, not sarasvate. Sarasvati is my spiritual master. So his disciple is sarasvate