Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poison | poisoned | poisoning | poisonless | poisonous | poisons
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Venom (15 P)
Pages in category "Poison"
The following 157 pages are in this category, out of 157 total.
- Milk is a very nice food, but when touched by an envious serpent it becomes poisonous
- Narottama dasa Thakura compares the paths of karma-kanda and jnana-kanda to pots of poison
- Ocean of poison
- One cannot catch even the poisonless snake, and he is attempting to capture a cobra
- One man's food is another man's poison
- Poison pot
- Poisonous effects
- The demons' learning, intelligence, and titles are like the gems that glitter on a poisonous snake's hood
- What is appearing as poison in the beginning, that will prove nectar at the end
- When the senses are engaged in the Lord's service, they are like poisonous snakes with their fangs removed, and so they are no longer dangerous
- A man who is simply attached to sensual enjoyment voluntarily accepts the miserable material existence and thus wanders after the will-o'-the-wisp of sense pleasure. He is certainly the most foolish man, for he drinks poison and puts aside the nectar
- A materialist does not know that to accept material possessions means to accept poison, or the repetition of birth and death
- A sannyasi should never see a man or a woman for material benefit. In addition, talks with materialistic men and women are also dangerous, and they are compared to drinking poison
- A young man and a young woman meet, and the senses drive the young man to see her, to touch her and to have sexual intercourse. In the beginning this may be very pleasing to the senses, but at the end, or after some time, it becomes just like poison
- After climbing to the top of the tree, He tightened His belt cloth and, slapping His arms just like a wrestler, jumped into the midst of the poisonous lake. The kadamba tree from which Krsna jumped was the only tree there which was not dead
- After Lord Siva drank all the poison, both the demigods and demons took courage and resumed their activities of churning (the ocean of milk)
- Akrura also learned that the envious sons of Dhrtarastra had tried to kill the Pandavas by poisoning them
- An enemy who sets fire to the house, administers poison, attacks all of a sudden with deadly weapons, plunders wealth or usurps agricultural fields, or entices one's wife is called an aggressor
- Another gopi said, "We are always grateful to Krsna because You have protected us many times: from the poisonous water of the Yamuna, the serpent Kaliya, Bakasura, the anger of Indra & his torrents of rain, from the forest fire & so many other incidents"
- Any rascal speaking about Bhagavad-gita we hear. That is not the process. Then you will misunderstand. Just like milk is very good food, everyone knows. But when it is touched by the tongue of the serpent, it is poison immediately
- Any transcendental message, any Vedic literature, unless it is presented by a self-realized devotee, it is poison. You simply misunderstand the whole thing, and you do not get the benefit. Rather, you become a victim of misunderstanding
- As if in defamation, the poison born from the ocean of milk manifested its potency by marking Lord Siva's neck with a bluish line
- As soon as this poison will come "Suppress guru and I become Brahman" everything finished. Spiritual life is finished. Gaudiya Matha finished, violated the orders of Guru Maharaja
- Avoid the service of Maya like poison
- Baby Krsna very quickly took the nipple in anger. He sucked the milk-poison along with the life air of the demon. In other words, Krsna simultaneously sucked the milk from her breast and killed her by sucking out her life
- Because the water was so poisonous, the (cowherd) boys and cows became visibly affected immediately after drinking. They suddenly fell down on the ground, apparently dead
- But gradually, Kaliya took advantage of this situation. He was unnecessarily puffed up by the volume of his accumulated poison, as well as by his material power, and he thought, "Why should Garuda be offered this sacrifice?"
- By not being Krsna conscious, one willingly drinks the poison of material life
- Caitanya said, "Love of Krsna is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one's head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous & nectarean"
- Caitanya said, "The poisonous effects of love of Godhead defeat the severe and fresh poison of the serpent. Yet there is simultaneously transcendental bliss, which pours down and defeats the pride of nectar and diminishes its value"
- Cobras and snakes without hoods, large snakes, scorpions and many other poisonous animals took poison out of the planet earth as their milk and kept this poison in snake holes. They made a calf out of Taksaka
- Effects of the poison of love for Krsna
- Even in the modern age, in some communities or states, the old men are given poison so that they will die as soon as possible
- Externally there appeared severe tribulation, as if He were suffering from poisonous effects, but internally He was experiencing bliss. This is characteristic of transcendental love of Krsna
- For a person who is seriously desiring to cross the material ocean and engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord without material motives, seeing a materialist engaged in sense gratification is more abominable than drinking poison willingly
- For one who is in the renounced order of life, this is (be allured by the glamor of the householder's worldly possessions) much more dangerous than drinking poison and committing suicide
- For ordinary poison there is treatment - one can be relieved from its effects - but if one drinks the poison of taking a brahmana's property, there is no remedy for the mistake. The perfect example is King Nrga
- Fruitive activities and mental speculation are simply cups of poison. Whoever drinks of them, thinking them to be nectar, must struggle very hard life after life, in different types of bodies
- Gradually, Kaliya was reduced to struggling for his very life. He vomited all kinds of refuse and exhaled fire. While throwing up poisonous material from within, Kaliya became reduced in his sinful situation
- Gradually, the summer season arrived, and one day, while in the field, the boys and cows became very thirsty and began to drink the water of the Yamuna. The river, however, had been made poisonous by the venom of the great serpent known as Kaliya
- Hari Hari Biphale, 1968 part two - If anyone wants to get out of this blazing fire of poison of material enjoyment, then he has to take to this hari-nama-sankirtana, this chanting. That is the only method. So I did not do that
- He (Kamsa) also dreamed that someone gave him poison and he was drinking it. He dreamed also that he was going naked with a garland of flowers and was smearing oil all over his body
- He (Krsna) killed the Putana witch, although she smeared her breast with poison just to kill the Lord. The Lord sucked her breast like a natural baby, and He sucked out her very life also
- "I did not engage myself in the loving transcendental service of Radha and Krsna." Radha-krsna na bhajiya, janiya suniya bisa khainu: "Willingly, purposefully, I have drunk poison"
- I got this nice human form of body especially for worshiping Radha and Krsna, but I have not done that. Therefore willingly I have drunk poison
- I think as Bon Maharaja poisoned the mind of Hrsikesa, similarly these boys have been entrapped by Parvat. This Parvat is one of the disciples of my God-brother but he is so salient that he has not replied to my letters
- I think in the same parampara system that the poison administered to our Society will not act if some of our students are as good as Prahlada Maharaja. I have therefore given the administrative power to the Governing Body Commission
- If a bird happened to even pass over the spot, it would immediately die and fall down into the water. Due to the poisonous effect of the Yamuna’s vapors, the trees and grass near the bank of the Yamuna had all dried up
- If a limb of one's body is poisoned by disease, it must be amputated so that the rest of the body may live happily. Similarly, even one's own son, if unfavorable, must be rejected, although born of one's own body
- If a snake has its poison removed and bites a man, there is no fatal effect. Similarly, wealth accumulated in the cause of the Lord has no poisonous teeth, and the effect is not fatal
- If a snake is given milk to drink, its poison simply increases. For a similar reason, we should not disclose our minds to the serpent Mayavadis and karmis. Such disclosures will never help
- If a venomous serpent is bereft of its poison fangs, it is no longer fearful. Similarly, if the senses are engaged in the service of the Lord, there is no need to fear their activities
- If any ordinary person tries to imitate Lord Siva by drinking poison or smoking ganja, he is sure to be vanquished and will die within a very short time. Lord Sri Krsna's dealings with the gopis occurred under special circumstances
- If one has but a little love of Godhead, he can perceive its powerful effects. It can only be compared to poison and nectar mixed together
- If we do not perform our duties in this manner, for the satisfaction of Visnu, then certainly all and any work done by us will produce nothing but poisonous material results, and ultimately there will be disaster in the world
- If you find a nondevotee eager to listen submissively you can show your mercy to elevate him to Krishna Conciousness, but a nondevotee who is already poisoned by the serpent of the demon class swami or yogi is very difficult to be dealt with
- If you want to find out the Absolute Truth through this rituals and priesthood, then the result will be that you will be bitten by some poisonous insects and your attempt will be unsuccessful
- In India still, there are many snake charmer. They, simply by mantra, they can get out the poison. Materially if it is possible, how much it is possible in spiritual?
- In order to neutralize the poisonous effect, she drank the milk produced by the buffalo horn in the hand of Krsna. Instead of decreasing the poisonous effect it increased it thousand times. The gopi was thus put into the most miserable poisoned condition
- In the pursuit of self-realization, one has to follow many rules and regulations to control the mind and the senses and to concentrate the mind on the self. All these procedures are very difficult, bitter like poison
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that when Krsna entered the poisonous waters of the Yamuna, Srimati Yasoda Devi went insane. Instead of searching for curative herbs, she began to speak to the trees as if they were snake chanters
- It actually appeared as if the S. Personality of Godhead Visnu was being worshiped; the poisons emanating from the mouth of the serpent (Kaliya) appeared to be like flower offerings
- It appears that you have been poisoned by some rascals. Such rascals cannot do anything to push on the mission of Lord Caitanya but can put hindrances in the path of spreading KC all over the world. I am very sorry that you have fallen a victim
- It is just like a snake is very powerful, so long he has got poison. If it has no poison, nobody cares for it. Similarly, this chanting, reading, and following the principles is our spiritual strength
- It is said that "one man's food is another man's poison." Because they have become disgusted with this material world, sometimes our devotees appear to have foolishly disregarded everything
- It is said that a noble man accepts the good qualities of a person of doubtful character, just as one accepts nectar from a stock of poison
- It is said that giving good counsel to a foolish person causes the fool to become angry, just as feeding milk to a snake only increases its venomous poison
- It is said that the intelligent man should pick up nectar from a stock of poison, should accept gold even from a filthy place, should accept a good and qualified wife even from an obscure family
- Just like a person who wants to imitate Lord Siva’s drinking of an ocean of poison. Lord Siva drank an ocean of poison and kept it within his throat. The poison made his throat turn blue, and therefore Lord Siva is called Nilakantha
- Just like a small grain of poison, venomous poison. If it is injected in your body, you will die immediately. It has got so power. Similarly, the minute spirit soul is so minute, one ten-thousandth part
- Kaliya then became very angry, and his great hoods expanded. He exhaled poisonous fumes from his nostrils, his eyes blazed like fire, and flames issued from his mouth. The great serpent remained still for some time, looking at Krsna
- Kaliya then began to vomit blood instead of poison; he was completely fatigued. His whole body appeared to be broken by the kicks of the Lord
- Kaliya tried to fight Garuda and faced him with his many hoods and poisonous sharp teeth
- Kaliya was residing within the water of the Yamuna, and as a result the back portion of that river had become poisoned. Thus so many cows who had drunk the water had died
- Knowing that she was pregnant, the co-wives of the wife of Bahuka conspired to give her poison with her food, but it did not act. Instead, the son was born along with the poison. Therefore he became famous as Sagara ("one who is born with poison")
- Krsna as cowherd boy was running with his train. I have to take. And Jagannatha was snatching her cloth. They are very poisonous things. I was never fortunate with such incidences. I am simply trying to carry out the order of my Guru Maharaja. That's all
- Krsna consciousness means that we take away the poison teeth of the senses
- Krsna is service and Maya is sense gratification, so every moment we are prone to be subjugated by either of them. Our duty is therefore to be very, very careful. The poison is personal ambition
- Licking his lips with bifurcated tongues, the serpent (Kaliya) looked at Krsna with double hoods, and his eyesight was full of poison. Krsna immediately pounced upon him, just as Garuda swoops upon a snake
- Lord Krsna said, "If this is so, how can ordinary kings, who falsely think themselves the most powerful beings within the material world, usurp a brahmana's property? I do not think that taking poison is as dangerous as taking a brahmana's property"
- Lord Krsna saw the effect of the great serpent’s poison: the whole river that ran before Vrndavana was now deadly
- Lord Siva once swallowed an ocean of poison, and thus his throat became blue
- Lord Siva, who is dedicated to auspicious, benevolent work for humanity, compassionately took the whole quantity of poison in his palm and drank it
- Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by a non-Vaisnava are also poisonous. One must be a bona fide devotee, and then he can preach and impress devotional service upon his listeners
- Mukunda sang, "My dear intimate friend! What has not happened to Me! Due to the effects of the poison of love for Krsna, My body and mind have been severely afflicted"
- Nanda said to Yasoda, "Krsna has gone deep into the water, so there is no need to maintain our bodies, which are so full of sinful activities! Let us also enter into the poisonous water of the Yamuna and compensate for the sinful activities of our lives"
- Narottama dasa Thakura herein says that he repents for having spoiled his human life and knowingly drunk poison. By not being Krsna conscious, one willingly drinks the poison of material life
- Notwithstanding all such advancement of material knowledge in the West, the people in general there are suffering the pangs of the poisonous effects of materialism because they have cared very little for the culture of spiritual science
- One cowherd boy said, "Krsna saved His friends and cows from a severe forest fire, and He chastised the Kaliya serpent in the lake of the Yamuna River and forced him to leave the vicinity of the Yamuna; He thereby made the water of the Yamuna poisonless"
- "One man's food, another man's poison" That is going on everywhere. But for that reason one cannot accept poison as food. Is it not? Just like stool is food for the pigs. But that does not mean stool is food. It may be food for a certain class of animal
- One servant of Krsna named Patri once addressed Him like this: "My dear Lord, You protected the cowherd boys from the hunger of the Aghasura demon, and You protected them from the poisonous effects of the Kaliya snake"
- Ordinary poison affects only those who drink it, and ordinary fire can be extinguished simply by pouring water on it, but the arani fire ignited by the spiritual potency of a brahmana who is dissatisfied can burn to ashes the whole family of a person
- Patri said to Krsna: "I am suffering from Your separation, which is more severe than the hunger of Aghasura, the poison of Lake Kaliya and the burning of the forest fire. So why should You not protect me from the pangs of separation?"
- Poison born from the ocean
- Powerful poison
- Pradyumna's attachment for Krsna was always exhibited by his action. Whenever he was ordered by his father to execute something, he would immediately execute the order, taking the task as nectarean even though it may have been poison
- Putana had smeared a very powerful poison on her breasts, and immediately after taking the baby on her lap, she pushed her breastly nipple within His mouth. She was hoping that as soon as He would suck her breast, He would die
- Putana planned to kill Krsna. Krsna accepted the poisonous breasts of that demonic woman, and when He sucked the milk from her, He sucked out her life also. Nonetheless Putana was elevated to the same position as Krsna's own mother
- Scorpions, large snakes and many other poisonous animals, as well as lions, tigers, boars and great elephants, all began falling upon the demigod soldiers, crushing everything
- Socrates was firmly convinced that "Even if I drink this poison... My body will be destroyed, but by destruction of my body, I am not going to be destroyed." He was convinced. So he did not lament
- Some persons are professional plunderers who set fire to others' houses or administer poison to them. Also, members of the royalty or government officials sometimes plunder mercantile men by forcing them to pay income tax and by other methods
- Sri Narottama dasa Thakura has sung that persons who do not take to the devotional service of the Lord but are attracted to the process of philosophical speculation and fruitive activities drink the poisonous results of such actions
- Taksaka flattered Kasyapa by presenting him with valuable offerings and thereby stopped the sage, who was expert in counteracting poison, from protecting Maharaja Pariksit
- The demigods indirectly prayed that Lord Siva counteract the kalakuta poison, which was spreading throughout the universe
- The devotee’s mind and senses are already engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord. In this way the poisonous effects of sensory activities are removed
- The gopis become very much agitated by lusty desire; they are burning due to the poisonous bite inflicted by the black snakes of Krsna’s beautiful arms
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were perplexed by great difficulties because a certain portion of the Yamuna was poisoned by the chief of the reptiles (Kaliya)
- The majority of Indian population, they are personalists. Yes, majority. Either they worship God or demigod, but they are personalists. Recently the Mayavadi philosophers, they have poisoned, the impersonalism, calamity. God is person
- The mystic yoga process is compared to a black snake that devours the living entity and injects him with poison
- The rascals, fools, if you give them good lessons, education, they will be angry. Prakopayati na samayati. Payah panam bhujanganam. The snake, if you give him nice milk and banana, the result will be he will increase his poison
- The relatives unanimously said, "If you give your daughter to that boy, we shall give up all connection with you." Indeed, his wife and sons declared, "If such a thing happens, we shall take poison and die"
- The rope would be the biggest serpent, known as Vasuki, and the churning rod would be Mandara Mountain. Poison would also be produced from the churning, but it would be taken by Lord Siva, and so there would be no need to fear it
- The sense organs are certainly our greatest enemies, and they are therefore compared to venomous serpents. However, if a venomous serpent is bereft of its poison fangs, it is no longer fearful
- The senses are compared to poisonous snakes, but the senses of a bhakta engaged in the service of the Lord are like snakes with their poisonous fangs removed
- The sinful actions of one who has surrendered unto Krsna are compared to a snake with its poison fangs removed
- The snake is dangerous on account of the poison teeth. So if, somehow or other, the poison teeth extricated, then the snake is no more dangerous. So our strong senses, snakelike senses, can be bereft of the poison teeth by accepting Krsna consciousness
- There is an herb found in the jungles which expert persons know how to use to revive the consciousness of one who is bitten by a snake. Simply by smelling that herb one becomes immediately relieved of the poisonous effects of the snakebite
- There is no benefit in feeding a snake milk and bananas because the snake will never be satisfied. On the contrary, by taking milk and bananas the snake simply becomes more poisonous (kevalam visa-vardhanam)
- There is no possibility of enjoying this transcendental parakiya-rasa within the material world. It is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam that one should not imitate this parakiya-rasa even in dream or imagination. Those who do so drink the most deadly poison
- These kind of symptoms are seen when a man is poisoned. He said like that, not that I am poisoned
- We are hearing from the scriptures, from authorities, that "I have got this miserable conditional body to suffer threefolds of material miseries; still, I am not very much anxious how to stop this repetition of birth and death. I am drinking poison"
- We should always remember the maxim that one man's food is another man's poison
- When a devotee comes to offer something to the Deity in the morning, he is sure to smell the good flavor of the incense, and then at once he will become cleansed of the poisonous effect of material existence
- When a foolish man is instructed in something very nice, he generally cannot accept it. Indeed, he actually becomes angry. Such anger is compared to the poison of a serpent
- When Duryodhana saw that Maharaja Yudhisthira had become very famous after performing the Rajasuya-yajna and was fully satisfied in every respect, he began to burn with the fire of envy because his mind was always poisonous
- When Krsna entered the Yamuna River, which had become very poisonous from the presence of Kaliya, mother Yasoda feared all kinds of mishaps, and she was breathing hotly. Tears from her eyes were soaking her clothes, and she was almost collapsing
- When Krsna was chastising Kaliya in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Mother Yasoda began to speak emotionally
- When Krsna, in punishing the Kaliya serpent, appeared to have drowned Himself in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Nanda Maharaj addressed Yasoda Devi thusly
- When the devotees smell the good flavor of the incense which is offered to the Deity, they thus become cured of the poisonous effects of material contamination, as much as one becomes cured of a snakebite by smelling the prescribed medicinal herbs
- When the senses are engaged in the Lord's service, they are like poisonous snakes with their fangs removed, and so they are no longer dangerous. The entire world is a replica of Vaikuntha for the devotee because he has no anxiety
- Whenever he would find something to be disapproved of by his father, he would immediately reject it as poison, even though it may have been nectarean
- Whenever there is sun, there is sunlight, immediately. Where there is light, immediately there is illumination. Just like a drop of poison. You just take a drop of poison as soon as it touches the tongue immediately it expands all over the whole body.
- Wherever knowledge is available, we should take it. That is the real position of seeker of knowledge. Canakya Pandita says, "In the pot of poison, if there is little nectar in, take it"
- While the soldiers attacked on the surface, the airplane began to drop big slabs of stone, tree trunks, thunderbolts, poisonous snakes and many other dangerous things
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger
- Within the river Yamuna there was a great lake, and in that lake the black serpent Kaliya used to live. Because of his poison, the whole area was so contaminated that it emanated a poisonous vapor twenty-four hours a day
- Yasoda said, "Oh, see how the earth appears to be trembling! There appears to be an earth tremor, and in the sky tears are flying here and there! My dear son has entered into the poisonous water of the Yamuna. What shall I do now"
- Yasoda's friend said, "In the same way, if she is allowed to stay in the ocean of nectar, but is not allowed to see the lotus face of Your Grace, then even this ocean of nectar will appear to her as an ocean of arsenic poison"
- You'll simply hankering after, but there will be no satisfaction. Therefore Narottama says, visaya-visanale. Visaya means these material demands, eating, sleeping, mating, these are called visaya. They are just like poison, fire. So everyone is burning