Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poetic | poetical | poetically | poeticized | poetics
Pages in category "Poetic"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- After hearing this, Srila Ramananda Raya submitted at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the superexcellence of Srila Rupa Gosvami’s poetic expression and began to praise it as if he had thousands of mouths
- All devotees are more or less poets. Out of 26 qualifications of a perfect devotee, one is poetic sense. So we can write so many poetries in praise of the Lord, or about His pastimes
- Having heard these verses recited by Rupa Gosvami, Srila Ramananda Raya said, "Your poetic expressions are like continuous showers of nectar. Kindly let me hear the introductory portion of the second drama"
- He (Lord Krsna) used poetic words and surrounded Himself with women who were very much attracted to Him
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudence in conjugal love
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudency in conjugal love
- Some of them (the cowherd boys) gladly followed the peacocks and imitated the onomatopoetic sounds of the cuckoo. While the birds were flying in the sky, the boys ran after the birds’ shadows along the ground and tried to follow their exact courses
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised the metaphors and other literary ornaments of Srila Rupa Gosvami's transcendental poetry. Without such poetic attributes, He said, there is no possibility of preaching transcendental mellows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Srila Ramananda Raya objected, "It is not alkali at all. It is a particle of camphor he has put into the nectar of his exalted poetic expression"
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- The devotee's desirable qualities are described to be twenty-six in number. They are stated as follows: He is very grave, very compassionate and very friendly; he is poetic; he is expert in all activities, and he is silent in nonsense
- The Lord felt somewhat insufficient, like a husband feeling lonely in the absence of his wife. This is a poetic simile. He wanted to create the cosmic manifestation to give another chance to the conditioned souls who were dormant in forgetfulness
- The poetical comparison of Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda to the sun and moon is very significant
- The son of Vyasadeva, Srila Sukadeva Gosvami, was a highly learned sage and was able to describe things in a poetic manner
- The story of Rukmini's being kidnapped by Krsna was poeticized, and professional readers recited it everywhere
- We have given the list of qualification of a devotee. One of the qualification is poetic. Poetic means not write poetry. Poetic means literary man. They must give literature. Naturally they'll give. That is the nature of devotee
- Without revelation by the spiritual energy, one is unable to offer prayers glorifying the Lord. Any amount of philosophical speculation or poetic expression by mundane persons is still considered to be the action and reaction of the material energy
- Without Your mercy such poetic expressions would be impossible for an ordinary living being to write. My guess is that You have given him the power
- Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali
- Your poetic appreciation about my humble self goes directly to my Spiritual Master because I am His servant only. Although I have no capacity to assimilate all the nice things that you offer me, they are directly dispatched to my Spiritual Master