Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poets | poet
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Poet"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- All devotees are more or less poets. Out of 26 qualifications of a perfect devotee, one is poetic sense. So we can write so many poetries in praise of the Lord, or about His pastimes
- All such persons have some ambition - to become a very big businessman, to become a great industrialist, to become a great poet or philosopher. But they do not know that even if their ambition is fulfilled, the result is temporary
- If he (Svarupa Damodara) would find that there were no incompatibilities in the rasas, or transcendental mellows, he would then allow the poet to approach Lord Caitanya and recite his poetry
- In your song book, poet Jayadeva's high madhurya rasa songs may be avoided because they are meant for highly advanced devotees
- Narada Muni said, "All these activities performed by Your (Krsnas) Grace will be sung by great poets throughout the world. And at the Battle of Kuruksetra You will take part as the chariot driver of Your friend Arjuna"
- No production of any poet or philosopher could be laid before Mahaprabhu unless Svarupa had passed it as pure and useful
- Rabindranath Tagore is nice poet from materialistic point of view. That's all. To satisfy the materialistic person. He is not a nice poet from spiritualistic point of view. We have nothing to do with him
- Repeatedly one may become a philosopher, a scientist or a poet, and repeatedly become entangled in the same disadvantages of birth and death
- The authorized poet Kavi-karnapura
- The bodily luster and beauty of Rukmini appeared as if painted by an artist perfectly presenting beauty following the descriptions of great poets
- The fiction writers, poets and celebrated litterateurs are generally engaged in writing of sensuous subjects, but if they turn towards the service of the Lord they can describe the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- The grama-kavi, mundane poet, even a so called great poet like Shakespeare cannot help us in writing transcendental literature. If you want to look at his verse technique for improving your use of language you may, but it is risky
- The Lord (Caitanya) praised him (Kesava Kasmiri), saying, "Sir, there is no greater poet than you in the entire world"
- The Lord sometimes becomes mad after the beauty of Radharani. Poets describe that under those circumstances, although Lord Krsna is Madana-mohana, He becomes Madana-daha, or enchanted by the beauty of Radharani
- The poem is very nice. You are understanding the philosophy nicely
- The poet or writer dealing with transcendental subject matters is not an ordinary writer or translator. Because he is empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whatever he writes becomes very effective
- The poet said, "Lord Jagannatha is a most beautiful body, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is exceptionally grave, is the owner of that body"
- The poet Vidyapati said that in the society of friends, family, children, wife, etc., there is certainly some pleasure, but that pleasure is compared to a drop of water in the desert
- The poet Vidyāpati said that in the society of friends, family, children, wife, etc., there is certainly some pleasure, but that pleasure is compared to a drop of water in the desert
- The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination, but such fascination is compared by the poet Vidyapati as a drop of water of the ocean
- There is a chain of continuation from one life to another, from previous lives to this life, and from this life to future lives. This is also sometimes proved by saying that a man is a born poet, a born scientist or a born devotee
- This behavior of the friends toward Krsna is described by thoughtful poets as vyabhicari
- Valmiki was a great poet, and similarly Vyasadeva is a great writer, and both of them have absolutely engaged themselves in delineating the transcendental activities of the Lord and by doing so have become immortal
- Vidyapati, a great Vaisnava devotee and poet, says, "My dear Lord, undoubtedly there is some pleasure in the midst of society, friendship and love, although it is materially conceived, but such pleasure cannot satisfy my heart, which is like a desert"
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was residing in Jagannatha Puri, many poets and devotees used to come to Him and offer their different kinds of poetry