Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
piteous | piteously | pity
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Pity"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A brahmana should take pity on the people and preach Krsna consciousness in order to elevate them. Sri Krsna Himself, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, personally descends into this universe from the spiritual kingdom to teach conditioned souls
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After reaching home, the two queens (Asti and Prapti) explained their awkward position following Kamsa's death. The King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was mortified on hearing of the pitiable condition of his daughters
- All of these subjects in the Ramayana seem very pitiable, and they may appear to be very distressing to the reciter, but actually this is not so
- An apparently pitiable condition in devotional service may appear distressing to the inexperienced student, but the feelings of the devotee in this pitiable condition are considered to be ecstatic by expert devotees
- Being a Vaisnava, he (Jada Bharata) was naturally very kindhearted, and he therefore told the King about the constitutional position of the soul. He then forgot the insult because King Rahugana pitifully begged pardon at his lotus feet
- Buddha preached nonviolence, taking pity on the poor animals. He preached that he did not believe in the tenets of the Vedas and stressed the adverse psychological effects incurred by animal-killing
- If I (Radharani) want to go away from the scene because I am afraid of Him (Krsna), He will immediately spread His arms to block My path. If I piteously fall down at His feet, then this enemy of the Madhu demon, in an angry mood, bites My face
- In spite of Krsna’s asking the gopis not to obstruct Their way, they all surrounded the chariot and stood up to see Krsna with pitiable eyes
- The gopis continued, "We are now fallen and merged in an ocean of distress. Please, therefore, come back to Vrndavana and deliver us from this pitiable condition"
- The impersonalists, because they engage in mental speculation and have no faith in the Personality of Godhead, have no business hearing the topics of Krsna. Such persons are pitiable for the first-class pure devotees of the Lord
- The pitiable impersonalists pity those who are influenced by the modes of ignorance and passion, but the pure devotees of the Lord take pity on them both because both waste their most valuable time in the human form of life in false pursuits
- The queens said, "Hello, cakravaki. Why have you closed your eyes? Are you searching after your husband, who may have gone to foreign countries? Why are you lamenting so pitiably? Alas, it appears that you are very much aggrieved"
- The sinful living entity cries very pitiably and faints, just like an innocent man undergoing punishments. This is the result of punishing a faultless person
- The subject matter of the Ramayana is sometimes considered pitiable and distressing to the heart, but actually that is not the fact
- There is also trembling of the body, forcible twisting of the body and perspiration. Other symptoms which may be present are shame, exhaustion, madness, illusion, frustration, humility, self-pity, restlessness, eagerness and stunning of the body
- This is the pity of the thing. Now you should reform them in this Krsna consciousness movement, and real United Nations will be formed. There will be no question of nationalism
- When mother Yasoda thought to chastise her boy (Krsna) after hearing all the complaints, she saw His pitiable face, and smiling, she did not chastise Him
- When she (Yasoda) was rolling over on the ground, there were many scratches on her body, and in that piteous condition she began to cry
- When Uddhava was leaving Vrndavana, some of the elderly gopis rebuked him as follows: "O son of Gandini, your cruelty is defaming the dynasty of King Yadu. You are taking Krsna away, keeping us in such pitiable condition without Him"