Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
physician | physicians | physician's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Physician"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A man is suffering from some disease, infected. That does not mean when the physician comes to treat him he is also infected. He knows how to protect himself, disinfectant
- A patient is ordered by the physician: "You should not eat anything." So he knows, "It is good for me." Similarly, a devotee, when he's starving, he knows that "Krsna has put me in this starving condition. It is good for me." He never complains
- After vanquishing a disease, a good physician does not allow any of the disease to remain
- Although modern philanthropic physicians open gigantic hospitals, there are no hospitals to cure the material disease of the spirit soul
- An expert physician treats his patient with a therapeutic diet. For example, milk preparations sometimes cause disorder of the bowels, but the very same milk converted into curd and mixed with some other remedial ingredients cures such disorders
- At the time of death both patient and physician still think of prolonging life, although all the constituents of the body are practically dead and gone
- Brahmanas generally used to become astrologers, Ayur-vedic physicians, teachers and priests. Although highly learned and respectable, such brahmanas went from door to door to distribute their knowledge
- By practicing as a physician he (Murari Gupta) maintained his family and at the same time satisfied Lord Caitanya to the best of his ability. This is the ideal of householder life
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said that "Before becoming preacher, before endeavoring yourself to do good to others, you just perfect yourself." "Physician, heal thyself." Physician, you are yourself diseased. How you can become a physician?
- Candrasekhara happened to be a friend of Tapana Misra's, and he was long known to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as His servant. He was a physician by caste, and by profession he was a clerk. At the time he was living in Varanasi
- First-class medical treatment or the attempts of a first-class physician are not in themselves the cause for curing a patient; there must be the hand of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Foolish people do not know that a physician cannot prolong life even for a moment. When the notice is there, there is no consideration of the man's desire. The laws of nature do not allow a second beyond what one is destined to enjoy
- For example, it is sometimes found that in spite of first-class medical help and treatment by a first-class physician, a diseased person dies
- From Bhrgu-samhita it was ascertained. They said - I do not know - that I was a big physician in my last life, very spotless character, no sins, like that. He explained me. So it may be. But actually I have no remembrance that I was a physician
- I am undergoing the treatment of an ayurvedic physician celebrated to be the best there is in the area, and I think I am feeling a little better. Anyway, as soon as I am a little fit, I shall return to you by the Grace of Krishna
- If a man is diseased, you can try to bring to him nice physician, nice medicine, but that is not guarantee that he will be cured. That depends on Krsna. Therefore Krsna is the ultimate, I mean to say, beneficiary, or benevolent
- If I want to get rid of this bodily encagement or the threefold miseries of material existence, then I must put myself under treatment. Just like a diseased man goes to a physician for treatment to get out of, get relief from the sufferings of the disease
- If the so-called scientific physician is able to prolong one's life for a few minutes through the use of oxygen or other medicines, he thinks that he is very successful in his attempts, although ultimately the patient will die
- If you are diseased, you can be cured if you take the proper medicine, treatment. That's all. Disease is not hopelessness. Otherwise why the people go for treatment to a physician? Similarly, out of ignorance you are now in this miserable condition
- Last time when I was in Calcutta, the great ayurvedic physician Bimalananda Tarkatirtha felt my pulse and he said there is something very wrong within me but I left the next day
- Lord Caitanya accepted some water from the waterpot of Murari Gupta, and thus He was cured. The natural remedy for indigestion is to drink a little water, and since Murari Gupta was a physician, he gave the Lord some drinking water and cured Him
- Mukunda dasa externally appears to be a royal physician engaged in governmental service, but internally he has a deep love for Krsna. Who can understand his love
- Murari Gupta, a physician and close associate of Sri Krsna Caitanya's, recorded extensive notes on the first twenty-four years of His life, culminating in His initiation into the renounced order, sannyasa
- My dear Sanatana, the sweetness of Krsna's personality is just like an ocean of ambrosia. Although My mind is now afflicted by convulsive diseases and I wish to drink that entire ocean, the repressive physician does not allow Me to drink even one drop
- Since Murari Gupta was born in a physician's family (vaidya-vamsa), he practiced as a physician, and with whatever income he earned he maintained his family
- So far I am concerned, I cannot say what I was in my previous life, but one great astrologer calculated that I was previously a physician and my life was sinless
- So now my plans have changed. Karandhara has made arrangements for my physician to come here, thus saving much expense and time. So now I shall remain here in Los Angeles up to the 30th of May, then to New Vrindaban for a few days and then on to London
- Sometimes physicians, psychiatrists and social workers try to mitigate bodily pain, distress and fear, but they have no knowledge of spiritual identity and are bereft of a relationship with God
- Sri Murari Gupta wrote a book called Sri Caitanya-carita. He belonged to a vaidya physician family of Srihatta, the paternal home of Lord Caitanya, and later became a resident of Navadvipa
- Srila Murari Gupta never accepted charity from friends, nor did he accept money from anyone. He practiced as a physician and maintained his family with his earnings
- The body is meant for suffering, this material body. But because they do not approach the real physician, they think that they have got a material body, and that material body means there are senses, the sense gratification will give him satisfaction
- The expert physician does not make any compromise with the patient by allowing him to take partially what he should not at all take
- The expert physician gives you yogurt mixed with some medicine. Actually medicine is just to bluff the patient. Actually the yogurt will act
- The gopis said, "Although the father and mother are expected to protect the children, there are many children who are suffering for want of food and shelter. There are many good physicians, but when a patient dies, no physician can revive him"
- The King, fearing that the royal physician had been killed, personally descended and brought him to consciousness
- The leaders must know first of all how they can do good for their followers, by understanding the real method of karma-yoga, or work with transcendental results. If the physician is himself a diseased fellow, how can he endeavor to heal others?
- The Nawab said, "I sent my physician to you, and he has reported that you are not diseased. As far as he could see, you are completely healthy"
- The physician first of all diagnose that what is the disease; then he gives medicine. Similarly, first of all you ascertain what is your constitutional position. You try to understand. That is the beginning everywhere. That is Vedic literature
- The physician is guru, and guru's business is to instruct the disciple, "My dear son, you do not work for your so-called sense gratification, you try to satisfy Krsna's senses, then your life is perfect." This is the physician's duty
- There was a physician and his servant. So one day the physician was called by some person to treat his horse...
- These two physicians took Cyavana Muni to a particular lake, in which they bathed and regained full youth
- To gratify the senses of the diseased fellow is not the business of a real physician. A good, qualified physician cannot indulge the patient by merely satisfying him, but must prescribe the real medicine, whether it satisfy the senses or not
- Typically, lawyers and physicians differ, giving one kind of instruction and then another. Due to the brahmanas' different opinions, Subuddhi Raya became further perplexed. He did not know what to do or what not to do
- Wandering and wandering throughout the universe, he may by chance get the association of a devotee physician, whose instructions and hymns make the witch of the external energy flee
- We have personal experience of a person of such demoniac mentality who, even at the point of death, was requesting the physician to prolong his life for four years more because his plans were not yet complete