Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
loving | lovingly | lovings
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Loving"
The following 149 pages are in this category, out of 149 total.
- Loving activities
- Loving affection
- Loving anger
- Loving attachment
- Loving attraction
- Loving children
- Loving dealings
- Loving devotees
- Loving devotion
- Loving father
- Loving feelings
- Loving friendship
- Loving glances
- Loving mood
- Loving pastimes
- Loving reciprocation
- Loving sentiments
- Loving servants
- Loving smiles
- Loving spirit
- Loving symptoms
- Loving the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Loving transactions
- Loving wife
- Pure love means there is no reason. "Why I am loving Krsna? Oh, there is no reason. I love Krsna. I want Krsna." This is love
- Transcendental loving attitude
- A devotee is not much interested in the universal form, for it does not enable one to reciprocate loving feelings
- A loving, chaste wife and loving husband desire all welfare for each other in separation and do not care for personal happiness. Desiring only each other's well-being, such a pair certainly meet again without delay
- A person who does not disturb or cause painful action in the mind of any living entity, who treats everyone just like a loving father does his children, whose heart is so pure, certainly very soon becomes favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Actually you want to love Krsna, but by the intervening of maya, you are loving something else
- Akrura thought, "He (Krsna) will be pleased with my devotional attitude, and maybe He will smile lovingly and look upon me and thereby free me from all kinds of sinful reactions. I shall then be on the platform of transcendental bliss and knowledge"
- Although the Supreme Personality of Godhead is able to lift a mountain with a finger of His left hand, He is always humble and meek. He is always very kind to His loving devotees
- Among His associates, Caitanya enjoyed paternal loving affection from Paramananda Puri, friendly affection with Ramananda Raya, unalloyed service from Govinda and others, and humors of conjugal love with Gadadhara, Jagadananda and Svarupa Damodara
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu placed the standard of Madhavendra Puri's intense love before Nityananda Prabhu for judgment. "All his loving activities are uncommon," Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. "Indeed, one is struck with wonder to hear of his activities"
- Celestial musicians and their wives sang in chorus about the pure reputation of the Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu), and early in the morning, every day, he used to listen to the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead with a loving heart
- Conjugal love is so elevated that it is defeating all other varieties of mellows. Srila Jiva Gosvami comments in this connection that such a loving state of mind is not possible for all. It is possible only in the case of the gopis of Vrndavana
- Empress Satarupa lovingly gave most valuable presents, suitable for the occasion, such as jewelry, clothes and household articles, in dowry to the bride (Devahuti) and bridegroom (Kardama Muni)
- Even in ordinary social activities, these six types of dealings between two loving friends are absolutely necessary
- Everyone is loving his self according to the advancement of his knowledge
- Everywhere in the world people worship Me according to scriptural injunctions. But simply by following such regulative principles one cannot attain the loving sentiments of the devotees in Vrajabhumi
- Exchange in loving reciprocation between the lover and the beloved is generally called krsna-bhakti-rasa, the transcendental taste of exchanging loving sentiments between the devotee and the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If we place our loving tendency unto Krsna, Vasudeva, then that tendency becomes fruitful and perfection. That is wanted
- In a loving condition
- In order to intelligently apply the sixfold loving reciprocations mentioned in the previous verse, one must select proper persons with careful discrimination
- In the material world, lust is accepted as love. A boy is loving a girl, a girl is loving... But it is lust. That is not love
- In the mundane world there is also some shadow of such viraha. A loving wife, husband, or friend may for some time be maddened by the absence of the beloved. Such a state of mind, however, is not permanent
- In the same way, a rasa which is actually prominent may sometimes appear to be manifested in a subordinate way, although its actual position is as the main or prominent loving feeling of a devotee
- In this case, because Krsna could not find any fault with Rukmini, for she was very grave and always engaged in His service, He smilingly, in great love, began to speak to her just to provoke her loving anger
- In this division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu the author wants to describe the general symptoms of the transcendental mellow (loving mood) of discharging devotional service
- In this instance there is a mixture of laughter and compassion, but there is no incompatibility because by both of these rasas the loving affection for Krsna is increased
- Krsna admitted to the gopis that "I cannot return your loving dealings. I am unable. So please be satisfied with your activities. I cannot return." Now, just see. God, who is so powerful, He fails to return the loving objective of the devotee
- Krsna continued, "Similarly, in order to increase the love of My devotees, sometimes I appear to be lost to them, and instead of forgetting Me, they feel their loving sentiments for Me increase"
- Krsna said, "Fortunately, you (gopis) have developed loving affection for Me, which is the only way to achieve the transcendental position of association with Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, persons who simply reciprocate the loving dealings of the other party are just like merchants. They give in loving affairs as much as they get from the other party. Practically there is no question of love"
- Krsna said, "The men in this group revolt against superior persons. For instance, a son, in spite of receiving all kinds of things from loving parents, may be callous and not reciprocate"
- Krsna says that "Anyone who offers Me a little fruit, a little water, and little leaf with devotion and love, I accept it." Krsna is not hungry that He is begging some food from us. No. He is trying to create loving transaction
- Krsna, being his very loving friend, wanted to send him to Vrndavana just to study the highly elevated ecstatic devotional service practiced there
- Loving a man
- Loving a woman
- Loving attitude
- Loving attributes
- Loving damsels
- Loving desires
- Loving ecstasy for Krsna
- Loving exuberance
- Loving features
- Loving heart
- Loving husband
- Loving mellows
- Loving parents
- Loving pleasures
- Loving potency
- Loving promise
- Loving qualities
- Loving quarrels
- Loving son
- Loving Vasudeva
- Loving words
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "Also, why did the cows become so loving toward the calves, more than toward their own calves?"
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "During the absence of the original cowherd boys, when Krsna expanded Himself, why is it that the boys' parents became more loving toward Him than toward their own sons?"
- Mayavadi philosophers, they do not know that there is relationship that the Parabrahman and Brahman can be engaged in loving transaction
- New inspiration for loving their children
- Nityananda became very angry with Sivananda Sena, who was in charge of the affairs of the party, and kicked him in loving anger. Sivananda Sena felt highly favored to have been kicked by Nityananda Prabhu
- Now that I (Lord Caitanya) have actually seen your glories, what I heard about you is confirmed. As far as the pastimes of Radha and Krsna in a loving mood are concerned, you (Ramananda Raya) are the limit of knowledge
- One girl said to another, "My dear friend, it is very difficult to guess what kind of pious activities these queens have performed, for they are always enjoying the smiling face and loving glances of Krsna"
- One man said that "I have got many sons in this orphanage." That is very good. So this natural inclination for loving an orphanage is there, is there. So this give and take, this inclination, is there in the human being
- One who lovingly engages with the Supreme Lord as if he were His mother or father sometimes supersedes the position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Our hearts (Lalita Devi's and Radharani's) are so polluted by miserable conditions that we are certainly going to Pluto's kingdom. Nevertheless, Krsna does not give up His beautiful loving smiling, which is full of cheating tricks
- Our loving object is Krsna. Somehow or other, we have forgotten Him. We don't trace the history when we forgot. That is useless labor. But we have forgotten, that is a fact. Now revive it. Here is reminder. So take opportunity
- Out of loving ecstasy for Krsna, his friend, Arjuna is offering his respects from all sides. He is accepting that He is the master of all potencies and all prowess and far superior to all the great warriors assembled on the battlefield
- Radharani is the medium transmitting the living entities' service to Sri Krsna. Devotees in Vrndavana therefore seek the mercy of Srimati Radharani in order to be recognized as loving servitors of Sri Krsna
- Radharani sleeps in Her room with the aroma of pride, and when She lies down in Her bed, the transcendental variety of Her loving ecstasies is like a jeweled locket in the midst of Her necklace of separation
- Rsabhadeva said to his sons, "Persons engaged in fruitive activities are repeatedly accepting birth and death, and until they develop a loving feeling for Vasudeva, there will be no question of getting out from these stringent laws of material nature"
- She (Radharani) sleeps in Her room with the aroma of pride, and when She lies down in Her bed, the transcendental variety of Her loving ecstasies is like a jeweled locket in the midst of Her necklace of separation
- So if there is beating of child, that will be difficult for him to accept in loving spirit, and when he is old enough he may want to go away, that is the danger
- So-called humanitarian love means they're loving some human being, but the animals are being killed. Why they do not love the animals? Because imperfect. But the Krsna conscious person will never kill an animal or give trouble to animal even
- Sometimes loving ecstasy transcends regulative principles; such ecstasy, however, is completely on the spiritual platform and cannot be imitated
- Srimati Radharani in distress spoke thus, "Oh, what shall I say of My distress? After I met Krsna My loving propensities sprouted, but upon separating from Him I sustained a great shock, which is now continuing like the sufferings of a disease"
- Such a manifestation of divine love is mere imitation and has no value. When one is actually spontaneously attracted to the loving principles of the gopis, there will be found no trace of any mundane contamination in his character
- Superior to the forest of Vrndavana is Govardhana Hill, for it was raised by the divine hand of Sri Krsna and was the site of His various loving pastimes
- That is Radha-Krsna. That is real love. There is no separation. There is no cheating. There is no divorce. There is no sex attraction. Simply for love's sake, loving, that is real love
- That loving spirit, goes with you, either you become Hindu or Muslim or Christian. Therefore that service spirit and love, the tendency to love and service spirit, is your characteristic, and that is your religion. That is the universal form of religion
- The Absolute Truth is Sri Krsna, and loving devotion to Sri Krsna exhibited in pure love is achieved through congregational chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all bliss
- The basic principle of the living condition is that we have a general propensity to love someone. No one can live without loving someone else
- The determination is difficult, Krsna Consciousness is not difficult; Krsna Consciousness is natural. One knows how to love another, so instead of loving so many others, one can very easily take to the business of loving Krsna
- The devotees who always think of Krsna as a superior are in subordinate ecstatic love. To such a devotee the concept of inferiority to the Lord is very prominent, and he rarely takes interest in any other kind of transcendental loving humor with the Lord
- The following is a scientific analysis of the compatibility and incompatibility of the mixtures of these various rasas, or loving moods
- The gopis have so lovingly served Krsna, Mukunda Himself, the giver of liberation, who is searched after by great sages and saintly persons
- The gopis, having lovingly accepted the Lord, are automatically accustomed to this (absorbed in the lotus feet of Krsna) and do not depend on any yogic practice
- The idea of loving is not unknown to you. You love somebody. You love your wife. You love your children. You love your country. You love your society. There are so many loving aspect. But when you love Krsna, then your life is perfect
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness has been established to facilitate these six kinds of loving exchanges between devotees
- The loving propensity is not satisfied even by loving all human society; that loving propensity remains imperfectly fulfilled until we know who is the supreme beloved
- The Nectar of Devotion teaches us the science of loving every one of the living entities perfectly by the easy method of loving Krsna
- The particular loving mood or attitude relished in the exchange of love with the Supreme Personality of Godhead is called rasa, or mellow
- The Personality of Godhead, seen leaning favorably towards His loving servitors, His very sight intoxicating and attractive, appeared to be very much satisfied. He had a smiling face decorated with an enchanting reddish hue
- The real purpose of offering items is to exhibit one's loving devotion to the Lord; the offerings themselves are secondary
- The Svetadvipa in the abode of Krsna is identical with Vrndavana-dhama, which is the place where Krsna appears Himself to display His loving pastimes
- The yogis should contemplate with full devotion the compassionate glances frequently cast by the Lord's eyes, for they soothe the most fearful threefold agonies of His devotees. His glances, accompanied by loving smiles, are full of abundant grace
- Then the gopis told lotus-eyed Krsna, "Please do not discourage our long-cherished desires to have You as our husband. Any intelligent man who cares for his own self-interest reposes all his loving spirit in You"
- There (bank of the Yamuna) Radharani saw a cottage wherein She and Krsna had experienced many loving pleasures, and by remembering those incidents She immediately became overcome with dizziness. This dizziness was very prominently visible
- There are several origins or causes for this compulsive love of Krsna, such as Krsna Himself, the devotees of Krsna, Krsna's playing on the flute, etc. The effect is sometimes loving and sometimes stunted
- There is brief mention of the process of making loving transactions with the Supreme Personality of Godhead and making friends with the devotees
- Therefore I shall mention them, revealing only their essence, so that loving devotees will understand them but fools will not
- They (Bhima, Duryodhana, Sahadeva, Nakula, Arjuna, Krsna, Draupadi, Karna, Satyaki, Vikarna, Hardikya, Vidura, Santardana and Bhurisrava) were all so bound in loving affection for King Yudhisthira that they simply wanted to please him
- They hold Their flutes to Their mouths and glance lovingly upon the residents of Vrndavana. For those who have eyes, we think there is no greater object of vision
- This devotional service is not artificial. In every one of you there is dormant devotional service, as I have already explained, but they are exhibited in a different way. Instead of loving God, that devotional service is diverted in loving a dog
- This is another instance of eager loving exchanges on the parts of both the gopis and Krsna
- This is the nature of loving emotion of a devotee, that he sometimes laughs, sometimes dances, sometimes cries
- This relishing of transcendental mellow in discharging devotional service cannot be experienced by all classes of men because this sweet loving mood is developed only from one's previous life's activities, or by the association of unalloyed devotees
- Very often, in addition to one's regular rasa, there is found the presence of some other rasa, and the mixture of these loving humors is sometimes compatible, or palatable, and sometimes incompatible, or unpalatable
- Vidura said: O great sage (Maitreya), what did Svayambhuva, the dear son of Brahma, do after obtaining his very loving wife?
- We are loving our society, loving this body, loving our family, loving our kinsmen, or loving internationally human society. But this love is actually perverted reflection of real love of God
- We have inaugurated the Krsna consciousness movement so that everyone can satisfy his propensity for loving others simply by directing his love toward Krsna
- When Krsna saw that the gopis were tired from dancing with Him, He immediately began to wipe His hands over their faces so that their fatigue would be relieved. In order to reciprocate the kind hospitality of Krsna, the gopis began to look at Him lovingly
- When one is in full knowledge of one's constitutional position and is in the renounced order of life, detached from material attraction, then, by pure devotional service, bhakti-yuktena, he can engage himself as a loving servant of the Lord
- When the gopis arrived, Lord Balarama glanced over them with loving eyes. Being overjoyed, the gopis, who had so long been mortified on account of Krsna's and Balarama's absence, began to ask about the welfare of the two brothers
- When Uddhava came from Lord Krsna with a message for the gopis, all the gopis, especially Srimati Radharani, denounced Krsna in various ways. Such denunciations, however, reflect an exuberant loving attitude
- Why we are hankering after loving?
- Without relishing some sort of mellow or loving mood in one's activities, no one can continue to perform such activities
- You have to apply your natural characteristic in a certain place, where you will be satisfied. Your service spirit is there, your loving spirit is there, but because it is misplaced, you are not happy, you are frustrated, you are confused
- You love your husband like this, your wife like this, your country like this, your society like this. There are different grades of loving demonstration. That loving demonstration, when it will be concentrated on Vasudeva, Krsna, that is the highest
- You may show the stick, threaten, but better art is to somehow or other, even by tricking them, avoid this matter of force and induce them to obey out of loving spirit. That is success of disciplinary method
- Your (Radharani's) loving qualities always attract Me (Krsna) to Vrndavana. Indeed, they will bring Me back within ten or twenty days, and when I return I shall enjoy both day and night with You and all the damsels of Vrajabhumi
- Your service spirit is there, your loving spirit is there, but because it is misplaced, you are not happy, you are frustrated, you are confused