Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lion | lioness | lions | lion's | lionlike
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Lion"
The following 103 pages are in this category, out of 103 total.
- A devotee once said, "My dear Lord Krsna, may Your challenger, Sridama, become glorious for his chivalrous activities, such as vibrating like a thunder cloud and roaring like a lion. May all glories go to Sridama's chivalrous activities!"
- A lamb at home, a lion in the chase." (laughter) When you are chasing, you must be a lion. (laughter) But when you come home, you do not try to chase the devotees
- A lion is sleeping. If he does not work, he'll also starve. He'll also starve. And what to speak of cats and dogs. So this is not possible. Therefore, there is sva-dharma. Sva-dharma means, you are in brahminical quality, your work is this
- After finishing his vituperation, he struck Krsna on the head with his club and made a roaring sound like a lion, but Krsna, although struck strongly by the club of Dantavakra, did not move even an inch
- Almost like a mad lion, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went on His tour filled with ecstatic love and performing sankirtana, chanting Krsna's names as follows
- Alone, Samba turned toward them (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva) and took his nice bow, posing exactly as a lion stands adamant in the face of other animals. Karna, leading the party, challenged Samba
- Although very ferocious, the lioness is very kind to her cubs. Similarly, although very ferocious to nondevotees like Hiranyakasipu, Lord Nrsimhadeva is very, very soft and kind to devotees like Prahlada Maharaja
- Among the Daitya demons I am (Krsna) the devoted Prahlada, among subduers I am time, among beasts I am the lion, and among birds I am Garuda
- Arjuna immediately took up his bow, Gandiva, and chased away all the princes; exactly as a lion drives away all small animals simply by chasing them, Arjuna drove away all the princes, without killing even one of them
- At the same time, Krsna also found the lion killed by Jambavan, who is generally called Rksa. It was found that the lion had been killed by the hand of Rksa without the assistance of any weapon
- Because he may be lion, but if he sleeps, that "I am king. Let me sleep and my food will come automatically in my mouth," that is not possible. This is the example. Very good example
- Because king is supposed to be God's representative, how to rule over, not that these cats and dogs will find out a lion and vote him to the chair. That is not the process
- Before the Almighty Lord, any powerful living being is just like a toy lion in the hands of a playing child. No one can excel God in any capacity
- Beginning from the right side of the lion gate, or the main gate of the temple, all the Vaisnavas began to proceed toward the house of Kasi Misra
- Being overcast with misfortune, Sisupala continued to insult Krsna, and Lord Krsna patiently heard him without protest. Just as a lion does not care when a flock of jackals howl, Lord Krsna remained silent and unprovoked
- Bhisma, the great valiant grandsire of the Kuru dynasty, the grandfather of the fighters, blew his conchshell very loudly, making a sound like the roar of a lion, giving Duryodhana joy
- Does it mean, because lion is designated as the king of animals, it has got any use? Has it got any use for any purpose? Similarly, these political leaders, they may be lion, but who respects them? These dogs, hogs, camels and asses, that's all
- During the auspicious birth moment of Caitanya Mahaprabhu: The moon was in Leo (the figure of the lion in the zodiac), Leo was the ascendant, several planets were strongly positioned, and the sad-varga and asta-varga showed all-auspicious influence
- Even in animal kingdom. A lion also loves the cubs. The love is there. Prema, it is called prema. So therefore this loving affair is there also in God. And when we come in contact with God our dealings will be simply on the basis of love
- Even in his (Bharata's - son of Dusyanta) childhood he was so powerful that he challenged the lions and elephants in the forest and would fight with them as little children play with cats and dogs
- Exactly as a lamb cannot enjoy life in the presence of a lion, without our desire it is not even possible for the demigods in heaven, headed by King Indra, to find enjoyment in life, what to speak of ordinary human beings!
- Fight your wife, not with a lion. Poor woman, helpless, no father, no husband, no son. This is the civilization
- First of all he (Demon Mura) attacked the carrier of Krsna, Garuda, by whirling and then throwing his trident, and through his five mouths he vibrated sounds like the roaring of a lion
- For a demon it is certainly wonderful that the form of a lion and the form of a man can be united, since a demon has no experience of the inconceivable power for which the Supreme Lord is called "all-powerful"
- He (Balarama) immediately took up an available weapon (most probably the elephant’s tusk which He carried) and killed the eight brothers one after another, just as a lion kills a flock of deer
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Krsna) then proceeded slowly, without fear, taking Rukmini away exactly as a lion takes a deer from the midst of jackals. Meanwhile, Balarama appeared on the scene with the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty
- He (Pariksit) marked his flag with the mark of a lion, and his grandfather (Arjuna) marked his with the mark of Hanumanji
- His red stick moving in His hand, He seemed like a maddened lion. All around the four sides of His feet were bumblebees
- How wonderful Krsna is! His mind is captivated by the eyebrows of Candravali in a smiling spirit, His snake-like arms are on the shoulder of His friend, and at the same time He is roaring like a lion to encourage Vrsasura to fight with Him
- In the city, when Satrajit's younger brother Prasena did not return from the forest with the jewel, Satrajit became very upset. He did not know that his brother had been killed by a lion and that the lion had been killed by Jambavan
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that Prahlada Maharaj, a great devotee of the Lord, prayed to Nrsimhadeva (the half-lion half-man incarnation)
- In the higher planetary systems, there are not only different types of human beings, but also animals like lions and elephants. There are trees, and the land is made of emeralds
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- It is said that when there is a thundering sound in the clouds, the mighty lion immediately replies with his thundering roar. But the lion doesn't care when all the foolish jackals begin to make their less important sounds
- Jambavan at once felt relieved from the fatigue of the great fight. Lord Krsna then addressed him as King Jambavan because he, and not the lion, was actually the king of the forest, having killed a lion with his bare hands, without a weapon
- Jarasandha roared, "What is the use of our being chivalrous fighters with arrows? My dear princes, just look! We are losing our reputation. He is just like a jackal taking booty from a lion"
- Just like about Nrsimha-deva it is said Laksmi also had no experience that the Lord can become half-lion, half-man. Even Laksmi, what to speak of others. Laksmi, she is constant companion of the Lord
- Laksmana said, "In the presence of all the princes, I was carried away very quickly, exactly as a deer is carried away from the flock by a lion"
- Laksmana said, "Some of the princes, however, wanted to check our progress, and thus, equipped with proper weapons, they opposed us, just as dogs try to oppose the progressive march of a lion"
- Licking the edge of His mouth with His tongue, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Nrsimha-deva, decorated with a garland of intestines taken from Hiranyakasipu's abdomen, resembled a lion that has just killed an elephant
- Lion is supposed to be the king of the forest. Still, he has to work. It is not that a lion will sleep, and some animal will come, "My dear lion, please open your mouth. I shall enter." (laughter) That is not possible
- Maharaja Pariksit is distinguished from his grandfather Arjuna, for black horses pulled his chariot instead of white horses. He marked his flag with the mark of a lion, and his grandfather marked his with the mark of Hanumanji
- Mitravinda said, "He (Krsna) immediately took me away to Dvaraka, exactly as a lion takes its prey from a pack of dogs. When I was thus taken away by Lord Krsna, my brothers wanted to fight Him, and later they were defeated"
- Nanda continued, "Krsna killed all these animals and demons just as a lion kills an ordinary animal. How wonderful it is that Krsna took in one hand the big, heavy bow made of three joined palm trees and broke it very quickly"
- News of this was received by the gorilla king, Jambavan, who then killed that lion in the cave and took away the jewel
- Of the many animals, the lion is the most powerful and ferocious, and of the million varieties of birds, Garuda, the bearer of Lord Visnu, is the greatest
- One is compared to the lion when one is very strong in chasing an enemy. One should be a lamb at home and a lion in the chase. The lion never fails in the chase of an animal; similarly, the head of the state should never fail in chasing an enemy
- Rukmini continued, "I still remember vividly how You (Krsna) kidnapped me in the same way that a lion forcibly takes its share of hunted booty, driving away all small animals within the twinkling of an eye"
- Rukmini continued, 'If that which is enjoyable for the lion to eat is taken away by the jackal, it will be a ludicrous affair; therefore I request You (Krsna) to immediately take care of me before I am taken away by Sisupala and other princes like him'
- Rukmini said to Draupadi: When Jarasandha and other kings, bows and arrows upraised, stood ready to deliver me in charity to Sisupala, Krsna forcibly took me from their midst, as a lion takes its share of goats and sheep
- Rukminidevi said, "The SPG kidnapped me the way a lion takes away a lamb from the flock. This was not, a very wondrous act for Krsna, because anyone who claims to be a great hero or king within this world is subordinate to the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Samba, the glorious son of the Yadu dynasty, endowed with inconceivable potencies as the son of Lord Krsna, became very angry at the warriors of the Kuru dynasty. A lion is never afraid of being chased by many wolves and jackals
- Scorpions, large snakes and many other poisonous animals, as well as lions, tigers, boars and great elephants, all began falling upon the demigod soldiers, crushing everything
- Simha means lion. If the lion thinks that "I am so powerful animal, king of the forest. Why shall I work?" Therefore, it is said that if he does not work, then he'll have to starve. Even though he's a lion
- Sometimes when attacked in the forest by demons, Krsna would appear struck with wonder, but He looked on them like the cub of a lion and killed them
- Sometimes, when they would see the weaker animals fleeing out of fear of the sounds of tigers and lions, the (cowherd) boys, along with Krsna and Balarama, would imitate the animals and run away with them
- Sparrows, the pigeons, they're having sex life three hundred times daily, you see, although they are very vegetarian. And the lion is not vegetarian, but it has got sex life only once in a year. So it is not the question of vegetarian or nonvegetarian
- Taking up a broken chariot wheel, He ran toward Grandfather Bhisma as a lion runs toward an elephant to kill it
- Taking up His fierce chopper, His shield, His bow and a quiver of arrows, Lord Parasurama, exceedingly angry, chased Kartaviryarjuna just as a lion chases an elephant
- Taking with Him some of the important inhabitants of Dvaraka, Krsna went to search out Prasena, the brother of Satrajit, and found him dead, killed by the lion
- The animals do not violate the laws of nature. For example, the sex impulse in animals is very strong during certain months of the year. The lion is very powerful. He is a flesh-eater and is very strong, but he enjoys sex only once in a year
- The Darwin's theory says from monkey. That is also fact, that after monkey the living entity comes to the human form. Somebody says after lion. Somebody says after cow
- The dog, jackal, tiger, fox, cat, rabbit, sajaru, lion, monkey, elephant, tortoise, alligator, gosapa, etc., all have five nails in their claws. They are known as panca-nakhas, or animals having five nails
- The elephant and the lion are embodiments of the passionate mode of nature, while the dog and the candala (dog-eater) are the embodiments of nature's mode of darkness, or ignorance
- The grandsire of the Kuru dynasty (Bhisma) could understand the inner meaning of the heart of his grandson Duryodhana, and out of his natural compassion for him he tried to cheer him by blowing his conchshell very loudly, befitting his position as a lion
- The jackals roar four times at night without any influence but the one roar of a lion drives away many elephants
- The lion (in the forest of material existence) is the wheel of time, and the herons, crows and vultures are so-called demigods, pseudo swamis, yogis and incarnations. All of these are too insignificant to give one relief
- The lion asked the jackal: "So who are you, sir?" "I am sent by God to rule over you." "Oh?" So they began to worship him as God, as leader. Then one day other jackals, they were crying, "Wa, wa," but the jackals cannot stop. If others jackals cry
- The Lord (Krsna) accepted his challenge and stood before the Kesi demon, calling him to fight. The horse then ran toward Krsna, making a horrible sound like a roaring lion, his jaws spread wide open as if to swallow the whole sky
- The Lord appeared as half lion and half man so that Hiranyakasipu could not understand whether the great giant was a lion or a human being
- The Lord, assumed the incarnation of half-man and half-lion (Lord Nrsimhadeva), which was beyond the imagination of a materialistic demon like Hiranyakasipu, and thus, keeping pace with the benediction of Brahmaji, the Lord killed him
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, it is known to You (Krsna) that Jarasandha possesses the power of ten thousand elephants, and with this power he has imprisoned us, just as a lion hypnotizes a flock of sheep"
- The rabbit killed a big lion by intelligence
- The shores of Lake Bindu-sarovara abounded with deer, boars, porcupines, gavayas, elephants, baboons, lions, monkeys, mongooses and musk deer
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon he killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion
- The tortoise incarnation, Lord Kurma, became a pivot for the emulsification of the whole sea, and Lord Nrsimha-deva appeared as half-man, half-lion. These are some of the wonderful and uncommon features of lila-avataras
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are many kinds of animals, like deer, monkeys, boars, lions, rksas, salyakas, forest cows, forest asses, tigers, small deer, buffalo and many other animals, who are fully enjoying their lives
- There are many earthly creatures who constantly represent the Rudra element. The snake, tiger and lion are always representations of Rudra
- This child (Pariksit) will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as parents
- This child will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as his parents
- To assure His parents that Kamsa was dead, Lord Krsna dragged him just as a lion drags an elephant after killing it. When people saw this, there was a great roaring sound from all sides as some spectators expressed their jubilation
- When all the soldiers of Jarasandha had been killed and he was the only one left alive, certainly he was very much depressed. Sri Balarama immediately arrested him with great strength, just as one lion captures another
- When ghee (clarified butter) was offered in the fire of sacrifice, there appeared from the fire a celestial chariot covered with gold and silk. There also appeared yellow horses like those of Indra, and a flag marked with a lion
- When the demon Kalanemi, who was carried by a lion, saw that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, carried by Garuda, was on the battlefield, the demon immediately took his trident, whirled it and discharged it at Garuda's head
- When the devotees finally reached the lion gate, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard the news and personally went to meet them
- When the lion travels in the forest with its tail turned upward, all menial animals hide themselves
- When the Lord displayed His activities just suitable for childhood, He was visible only to the residents of Vrndavana. Sometimes He would cry and sometimes laugh, just like a child, and while so doing He would appear like a lion cub
- While Satrajit's brother, who was known as Prasena, was moving here and there in the forest, a big lion attacked him, killed both him and the horse on which he was riding, and took away the jewel to his cave
- While Subhadra was thus being kidnapped by Arjuna, her relatives and family members began to cry, but still he took her, just as a lion takes his prey and departs
- With His outer garment falling off, Lord Sri Krsna jumped from His chariot, picked up a wheel and came running at me to kill me. Indeed, He rushed at me like a lion going to kill an elephant, and He caused the whole earth to tremble
- Without spiritual culture a human society is another polished edition of the animals. There is no value of education in the animal society as the trained up lion in a circus is never to be trusted