Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
idle| idlement | idleness | idling
Pages in category "Idle"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A brahmana is employed, a ksatriya is employed, a vaisya is employed. Otherwise, if they are unemployed, idle brain, then idle brain will be devil's workshop. That is happening. Because everyone is not employed
- After accepting the feature of avadhuta, a great saintly person without material cares, Lord Rsabhadeva passed through human society like a blind, deaf and dumb man, an idle stone, a ghost or a madman
- Any friend in any part of the world that you may contact, try to infuse him with this Krishna Consciousness idea. Never waste your time in any other talks. I think our students have already developed this attitude and they are not interested in idle talks
- As already explained, one should not be idle but should be very enthusiastic about executing the regulative principles - tat-tat-karma-pravartana. Neglect of the regulative principles will destroy devotional service
- As we are active in the karma, karmi life, so bhakti life is also activity. It is not sitting down idly or gossiping. One must find out some job to serve Krsna. That is bhakti life
- Because the working principle is the soul - soul is living force - so he is busy. Living body means there is movement. There is work. He cannot sit idly
- Because we do not understand what is dhira, we think that "This man is sitting idly and drawing four thousand rupees." Because we know, "Unless one is active like dog, running there, running there, he is not a busy man"
- But nobody can sit idly. That is the point. If one is engaged in making for flower garland, all right, you may not take him. It is not compulsory for you
- By unfair and slanderous newspaper and television propaganda, they have ruined our reputation and turned the general public against our movement. We cannot sit down and be idle
- I am very sorry to learn that our press is lying idle, and your remark in this connection that we have purchased the cart before the horse is appropriate
- I learn that in the temple there are sometimes men with no work. This should not be allowed. Every one must be busy with some work in Krishna Consciousness. Idleness is not Krishna Consciousness
- Idle brain is devil's workshop. And the devil is kamini-kancana, woman and money. This is devil. So if you remain idle, then you shall think of devil. So we should see that everyone is engaged properly
- It is said that an idle brain is a devil's workshop because a person who cannot think in the right way must think of something which may bring about disaster
- Krsna consciousness does not mean sitting idly. The whole pastimes of Krsna is full of activities. When you go to spiritual world Krsna is always dancing. You have to 24 hours dance there and eat there.There is no question of sit down
- Krsna's friend said, "I know that You cannot defeat me in wrestling, and I also know that You were sitting idly for a long time because You were hopeless of defeating me"
- Krsna, rather, said that "You better do akarma than sit down idly. Even you do something mischievous, that is also good than to sit down idly"
- Machine means unemployment. The principle should be that everyone is employed. Either brahmana, either ksatriya, either vaisya or sudra. Nobody should become idle and gossiping, and sleeping
- Mind that always, that we are not going to be idle. We shall go on with our work, as we are doing. But at the same time, we must perform yajnas, or sacrifice for the Supreme. Then we'll have sufficient for our necessities
- One in the preliminary stage must find out always some duty, "What is there to work now for Krsna consciousness?" Karma karanam ucyate. They should not remain idle for a second. Always find out some duty. That is meditation. "How I shall work for Krsna?"
- One who has seen, one who is in trance of self-realization, he cannot sit idly. He must come out
- Our fighting is very strong. You don't think that we are keeping idly. I have come here to fight with these atheists, you see, and we go everywhere
- Sevanam does not mean sit down idle, inert. No. As soon as seva. Seva means activity. One has to preach, one has to write, one has to do this, do that, cook, offer the prasadam, everything. Seva, activity
- Sevanam means activity. Sevanam does not mean sit down idle, inert. No. As soon as seva... Seva means activity. One has to preach, one has to write, one has to do this, do that, cook, offer the prasadam, everything. Seva, activity
- So far I know that a pregnant woman should not eat any pungent food stuffs, she should not move in cars, and she should not sit idly. She should move and do some physical work. These are the general rules and regulations I have seen in India
- That stick is now lying idle in the house of Mother Yasoda, and whenever she sees it she becomes motionless just like the stick." This is the sign of becoming stunned in separation from Krsna
- The execution of devotional service is not a matter of idle meditation but practical action in the foreground of spiritual life
- The manuscript you take. I want to see at least manuscript is not left idle
- The process is devotion, bhakti. Bhakti means not idle. Activities. Bhakti is not idle gossip. It is something, activity. Therefore karmis sometimes misunderstand that they are working like us
- The standard practices for initiated devotees: Should not waste time in idle talks. Should not become engaged in frivolous sports. Should always chant and sing the Lord's Holy Names
- This is our process, to depend on Krsna. Depend does not mean I shall remain idle. Depend means to work according to the direction of the sastra
- Try to deliver these innocent persons who are suffering. Everyone is suffering. That should be the motto. Do not sit idly, eat and sleep. No. Either loitering, wandering... I know, our men in Krsna consciousness, they are bold enough
- We are not idle preachers, we are working. All, very hard, more than the karmis
- We can avoid idle conversation and utilize our time in the spare moments for studying slokas from the Gita and Bhagavatam. Practically I have given you more than enough for 50 years at one sloka daily
- We have got business. Why shall I keep in the bank? This is the policy. If your money is idle, we can spend it in our books, in our purchasing land in temple, constructing temple, developing...
- We should not be lazy and idle and gossiping. We must fully utilize the intelligence which God has given us, but at the same time, we must completely depend on God. This is called "In God we trust"
- We should try our best to our best capacity, and victory will come from Krishna. We should never sit idly and ask Krishna to do everything
- Whatever free time you have engage in reading my books. Otherwise, an idle mind is a devil's workshop
- When the enemy has come to your country, you cannot sit idly; you must fight. But that does not mean that you are allowed to kill everyone as you like
- Whether grhasthas, sannyasa or brahmacari everyone has to be completely engaged all the time in devotional service. That is the meaning of good management, to see that everyone is engaged 24 hours a day, and not sleeping unnecessarily or talking idly
- While Arjuna was fighting the battle, he completely depended on Krsna. But he was not idle. Completely, to depend completely on God does not mean idleness. Arjuna is the example
- Why there is poverty? Because they are not producing food. Everyone wants so-called comfortable life. So-called education. Sitting idle in the table and chair, and talking all gossips, nonsense, and sleeping. They have been trained up in this way, sudra
- You are doing duty very nicely. Or a medical man, or a business man, or anyone - everyone has to do something. You cannot sit down idly and you'll get your livelihood. Even if you are a lion you have to work
- You can see in my example, not a single moment is wasted. This idleness is the business of the karmis