Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
inactive | inactivity | "no activity" | "not active"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Inactive"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- A living soul cannot be inactive. He is active either in the conditioned state or in the liberated state
- A self-realized man is no longer obliged to perform any prescribed duty, save and except activities in Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness is not inactivity either, as will be explained in the following verses
- A sense of weakness caused by distress, fearfulness or offensiveness is called humility. In this condition one becomes talkative, small in heart, dirty in mind, full of anxiety and inactive
- All these six Gosvamis, they were not inactive
- Although consciousness is going on, life is inactive. These are the symptoms of one in the mode of ignorance
- An individual soul cannot live in the Brahman effulgence in a state of inactivity; after some time, he must desire to be active
- As spiritual sparks, the living entities have the tendency to be inactive in the association of the material energy, just as sparks of a fire have the tendency to be extinguished as soon as they leave the fire
- Had there been no infinitesimal living entities, the Supreme Lord would have been inactive, and there would not be variegatedness in spiritual life
- High-thinking philosophers and scientists can tackle the material energy, but not being able to understand the spiritual energy, they can simply imagine an inactive state, such as the impersonal Brahman
- If we do not properly execute our mission of life in self-realization, nature's punishment will render us inactive by putting us in the form of trees and hills
- In the absence of consciousness, the limbs of the body remain inactive. But when consciousness returns, the limbs and senses become active, and existence itself becomes delightful
- Instead of joining in their sportive acrobatic feats, he remained as an inactive child because he was always in trance, meditating on Krsna
- Of course it is bewildering, O soul of the universe, that You (Krsna) work, though You are inactive, and that You take birth, though You are the vital force and the unborn
- One feels fatigue after walking a long distance, after dancing and after sexual activity. In this kind of fatigue there is dizziness, perspiration, inactivity of the limbs, yawning and very heavy breathing
- One who has accepted a material body cannot be inactive, and sinful action is inevitable for one acting under the modes of material nature. Therefore all the living entities within this material world are punishable
- The artificial means of the yogic processes to make the senses inactive has proved to be abject failure, even in the case of great yogis like Visvamitra Muni
- The attachment of an inactive devotee develops up to the stage of transcendental love of God. Attachment of an active servitor develops up to the stage of adherence, and that for a friendly devotee develops up to the stage of following
- The impersonalist theory that after liberation one becomes inactive & need not hear anything does not prove that a liberated person is actually inactive. A living soul can't be inactive. He is active either in the conditioned state or in liberated state
- The inactive fool is in the state of foolish ignorance, whereas the self-satisfied atmanandi is transcendental to the material state of existence. This stage of perfection is attained as soon as one is fixed in irrevocable devotional service
- The Lord advised that Arjuna not be inactive, but that he perform his prescribed duty without being attached to the result
- The Personality of Godhead is never inactive as some less intelligent persons suggest. His works are magnificent and magnanimous
- The Personality of Godhead is not a dead stone, nor is He inactive, as is poorly thought by some schools. He moves with the progress of time, and therefore He knows all about the past and future, along with His present activities
- The power behind the activities is the supervision of the Lord, and thus the Lord is never inactive as is wrongly conceived
- The purusa, the enjoyer, is inactive and without material qualities, although at the same time He is the master, existing separately in each and every body as the emblem of knowledge
- The result of self-realization is cessation of the storms of desire and lust, which are products of the modes of ignorance and passion. This cessation of the storm does not mean that the sea becomes inactive
- There are many fasts, such as Ekadasi and the appearance and disappearance days of God and His devotees. All of these are meant to decrease the fat within the body so that one will not sleep more than desired and will not become inactive and lazy
- Thieves and rogues simply await some political upset in order to take the opportunity to plunder the people in general. To keep thieves and rogues inactive in their profession, a strong government is always required
- This devotional service is a sort of cultivation. It is not simply inaction for people who like to be inactive or devote their time to silent meditation
- We cannot be desireless. We cannot be inactive. That is also not possible. We must be active - but active for working for Krsna. Then it is devotional life
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- When one is subjected to humility, he feels physically inactive, he apologizes, and his consciousness is disturbed. His mind is also restless, and many other symptoms are visible
- When one sleeps, the senses are inactive, but this does not mean that the senses are absent. When one is awakened, the senses become active again
- When the body is inactive, the prana, or the life air, is active
- When the cosmic manifestation is dissolved, it is in a kind of sleeping condition, an inactive state. Whether the cosmic manifestation is active or inactive, the energy of the Supreme Lord is always existing