Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
fear | feared | fearing | fears
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Bhiti (2 P)
- ► Caitanya's Fear (7 P)
- ► Dread (1 C, 39 P)
- ► Krsna's Fear (14 P)
- ► My Fear (Prabhupada) (1 P)
- ► Our Fear (Disciples of SP) (8 P)
- ► Radharani's Fear (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Shudder (11 P)
Pages in category "Fear"
The following 289 pages are in this category, out of 289 total.
- Being freed from attachment, fear and anger, being fully absorbed in Me and taking refuge in Me, many, many persons in the past became purified by knowledge of Me - and thus they all attained transcendental love for Me (BG 4.10)
- Fear and anger
- Freedom from fear
- Great fear
- Greatest fear
- Nothing to fear
- Ocean of fear
- Protect one from the most dangerous type of fear
- Shame and fear
- Source of fear
- A devotee is never afraid of death or of changing his body; his consciousness is transformed into Krsna consciousness, and even if he does not go back to Godhead, even if he transmigrates to another material body, he has nothing to fear
- A few days after the killing of Dhenukasura, people began to come into the Talavana forest to collect the fruits, and animals began to return without fear to feed on the nice grasses growing there
- A few months passed, and Arjuna did not return. Maharaja Yudhisthira then began to observe some inauspicious omens, which were fearful in themselves
- A pure devotee does not like even to hear about sayujya-mukti, which inspires him with fear and hatred. Indeed, the pure devotee would rather go to hell than merge into the effulgence of the Lord
- A rope causes fear for a bewildered person who considers it a snake, but not for a person with proper intelligence who knows it to be only a rope
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear
- After all the devotees saw this example (the chastisement of Junior Haridas), a mentality of fear grew among them. Therefore they all stopped talking with women, even in dreams
- After all the devotees saw this example, a mentality of fear grew among them. Therefore they all stopped talking with women, even in dreams
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After she (Kalakanya) was disappointed by me (Narada Muni), with my permission she approached the King of the Yavanas, whose name was Bhaya, or Fear, and she accepted him as her husband
- After this, semen (the faculty of procreation) and the god who presides over the waters appeared. Next appeared an anus and then the organs of defecation and thereupon the god of death, who is feared throughout the universe
- Ajamila begot in the womb of the prostitute ten sons, the last of whom was called Narayana. At the time of Ajamila's death, when the order carriers of Yamaraja came to take him, he loudly called the name Narayana in fear because he was attached
- Akrura thought, "Krsna is the ultimate goal of life for all people who fear material existence, and certainly when I see Him He will give me the shelter of His lotus feet. I am aspiring for the touch of His lotuslike hand on my head"
- All mental speculators and learned scholars were defeated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when the people began to laugh, the Buddhist philosophers felt both shame and fear
- All of the boys were fearing that their very means of livelihood, the cows, were now lost. When searching out the cows in the forest, they themselves became very tired and thirsty. Soon, however, they heard the crying of their cows
- All of these (passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by attachment, hostility, greed, lamentation, illusion, fear, madness, prestige, insults, fault-finding, deception, envy, intolerance, passion, bewilderment, hunger and sleep) are enemies
- All of you should be happy. Is there any fear from the demons?’ "They replied, 'By Your mercy, we are victorious everywhere'"
- All the cows, bulls and small calves became overwhelmed with grief, and they began to look at Him with great anxiety. Out of fear they could only cry in agony and stand erect on the bank, unable to help their beloved Krsna
- All the kings in the neighboring area had left their homes in fear of Kamsa and were living in distant parts of the country
- All types of fruitive results actually come from the spirit soul, but because he has forgotten his real duty, he is embarrassed by many material consequences such as fear and attachment. The only remedy is to revert to the service of the Lord
- Another gopi said, "Dear Krsna, You are the killer of all the fears of the inhabitants of Vrndavana"
- Aristasura entered Vrndavana with such a fearful appearance that just on seeing this great demon all the men and women were afflicted with great fear, and the cows and other animals fled the village
- As Putana screamed loudly and forcefully, the earth with its mountains, and outer space with its planets, trembled. The lower planets and all directions vibrated, and people fell down, fearing that thunderbolts were falling upon them
- As through devotion to the Lord one can attain His abode, many have attained that goal by abandoning their sinful activities and absorbing their minds in the Lord through lust, envy, fear or affection
- At that time (of Krsna's birth) Vasudeva was in the transcendental position, and he became completely free from all fear of Kamsa. The newborn baby was also flashing His effulgence within the room in which He appeared
- Because I (Vasudeva) am afraid of Kamsa You have appeared just to deliver me from that fear. You do not belong to this material world; You are the same person who brings about the cosmic manifestation simply by glancing over material nature
- Because Kunti feared people's criticisms, with great difficulty she had to give up her affection for her child (Karna). Unwillingly, she packed the child in a basket and let it float down the waters of the river
- Because of attachment for money, the richest person is even afraid of himself. He fears that he may have locked his money in an unsafe manner or might have committed some mistake
- Because of special favor bestowed upon Prahlada Maharaja, he remained silent and unafraid, even though all the demigods, including even Laksmidevi, were afraid of Lord Nrsimha-deva
- Because of the existence of the mind and intelligence on Brahmaloka, its residents have feelings of happiness and distress, but there is no cause of lamentation from old age, death, fear or distress
- Because the Lord is all-powerful, it is possible for Him to adjust opposites such as birth and no birth, power and defeat, fear and fearlessness. A pure devotee knows very well how it is possible for the Lord to adjust opposite things
- Besides the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- Bhagavad-gita is a transcendental literature which one should read very carefully. And the result will be, if he properly follows the instruction, then he can be freed from all miseries of life, all anxieties of life and all fears of life
- Bhayanaka-bhakti-rasa devotee
- Brahma said, "For instance, when a person mistakes a rope for a snake he is filled with fear, but as soon as he understands that the rope is not a snake, he is liberated from fear"
- But one can ply over the ocean of material existence by the grace of the Lord very easily, without any fear of storm or fog. It all depends on the will of the Lord
- By becoming detached from material activities, we will be freed from fear and anger
- By giving up envy one should conquer anger, by discussing the disadvantages of accumulating wealth one should give up greed, and by discussing the truth one should give up fear
- By opposing Krsna consciousness, one becomes conditioned and fearful due to the influence of maya. By executing devotional service faithfully, one is liberated from maya
- By the mercy of the guru and Krsna, one receives the seed of bhakti. This association saves a devotee from the greatest fear
- By the way He (Krsna) was speaking, she (Rukmini) was afraid of being separated from the Lord, for she had never heard such harsh words from Krsna before. Thus she became perplexed with fear of separation, and her heart began to palpitate
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Madhavendra Puri used to remain alone. He was completely renounced and always very silent. He was uninterested in everything material, & for fear of talking about mundane things, he always lived without a companion"
- Completely free from fear of Kamsa's atrocities, he (Vasudeva) accepted the child simultaneously as an object of affection and as an object of worship by prayers
- Demons like Kamsa feared Krsna, but their feelings cannot be described as ecstatic dread in devotional service
- Devaki and Rohini said, "As long as They (Krsna and Balarama) were under your (Yasodadevi) care They had not even a pinch of difficulty. Under your protection, They were completely out of the way of all kinds of fear"
- Devotees do not fear the annihilation of the body, for they are confident that after the annihilation they will go back home, back to Godhead
- Due to extremely painful fear and lamentation, she (Rukmini) lost all her powers of reason and became weak, her body losing so much weight that the bangles on her wrists became slack
- Due to fear of the Muslims, Gopala went to Mathura, where He remained in the house of Viththalesvara for one full month
- Due to fear of the Muslims, the Gopala Deity was moved from one place to another again and again. Thus giving up His temple, Lord Gopala would sometimes live in a bush and sometimes in one village after another
- Due to my (Maharaja Pariksit) being too much attached to family life, the Lord, in order to save me, has appeared before me in such a way that only out of fear I will detach myself from the world
- Eating, sleeping, fearing, and mating - sense gratification. So to arrange for these necessities of life of the body, the knowledge that we require, that is called mundane knowledge
- Entanglement in family life is the root cause of material attachment, indefatigable desires, moroseness, anger, despair, fear and the desire for false prestige, all of which result in the repetition of birth and death
- Even enemies of Krsna who thought of Krsna in fear (bhaya), such as King Kamsa, received bodies in a spiritual identity similar to that of the Lord
- Even if he goes from forest to forest, one who is not self-controlled must always fear material bondage because he is living with six co-wives - the mind and knowledge-acquiring senses
- Even if the great fear of bondage is avoided by mental speculation and inquiry into the fundamental principles, it may still appear again, since its cause has not ceased
- Even mother Ganges feared the sinful reactions of the people in general and was anxious about how she would counteract the burden of these sins
- Even though they (the soldiers of Sisupala) were not without fear, they were all prepared to give Krsna a good fight to prevent the girl (Rukmini) from being taken away
- Every country over the surface of the world was God-fearing, pure-hearted and simple
- Everyone in the material world is full of thoughts about how to maintain his family, how to protect his wealth, how to keep pace with friends and relatives, etc. Thus he is always in fear and lamentation, trying to keep up with the status quo
- Everyone should fear death because everyone is caught by the crocodile of eternal time and may die at any moment. The best course, therefore, is to seek shelter of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and be saved from the struggle
- Fear is due to worrying about the future
- Fearing his death, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and Devaki and chained them with iron shackles. Suspecting each of the children to be Visnu, Kamsa killed them one after another because of the prophecy that Visnu would kill him
- Fearing that the Lord would injure His finger by writing in this way, Svarupa Damodara checked Him with his own hand
- Finally the procession reached the house of the Kazi, who went upstairs out of fear of the masses. The great crowds assembled at the Kazi's house displayed a violent temper, but the Lord (Caitanya) asked them to be peaceful
- First, a devotee is firmly convinced of his spiritual identity. He never identifies with the body; he is firmly convinced that the spirit soul is different from the body. Consequently he fears nothing
- For a respectable man like you (Arjuna), ill fame is worse than death. So, you should not flee for fear of your life; better to die in the battle
- For fear of them I do not wish to speak, but if they do not understand, then what can be happier in all the three worlds?
- For the fear of criticism from my friends, "I do not like to chant. I do not like, like to take the beads. I can carry a transistor throughout the whole road, but if I carry one bead, I'll be criticized." So one has to be tolerant
- He (Krsna) then proceeded slowly, without fear, taking Rukmini away exactly as a lion takes a deer from the midst of jackals. Meanwhile, Balarama appeared on the scene with the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty
- He by whom no one is put into difficulty and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is equipoised in happiness and distress, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me
- He by whom no one is put into difficulty or anxiety and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is liberated from jubilation, anger, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me
- He had no desire to break his promise, but fearing that his kinsmen would commit suicide, he deviated from the truth
- He informed the Lord that the territory ahead was ruled by a Muslim governor who was a drunkard. Out of fear of this king, no one could walk the road freely
- Here we have got one quality, that fear, always fearing. Just like we are having these railings, why? We are afraid, we may not be attacked. The material life means ahara-nidra-bhaya-maithunam ca. We must eat, we must sleep, and we must be afraid
- I (Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) purposely avoid extensive description for fear of increasing the bulk of this book (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta). I shall describe the essence as concisely as possible
- I purposely avoid extensive description for fear of increasing the bulk of this book. I shall describe the essence as concisely as possible
- If a venomous serpent is bereft of its poison fangs, it is no longer fearful. Similarly, if the senses are engaged in the service of the Lord, there is no need to fear their activities
- If someone eagerly continues to hear such transcendental sounds, then certainly he will become freed from all material hunger, thirst, fear and lamentation, as well as all illusions of material existence
- If we constantly in Krsna consciousness, being transcendental to these stages of bhaya, fear, and attachment, and krodha, anger, if we put ourself, completely under Krsna consciousness, then it will be very easy to attain the superior nature of Krsna
- If we take shelter of Krsna seriously, there will be no fear of being thrown back into the cycle of so many species of life. A sincere devotee will surely be transferred to the abode of Krsna, as affirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- If you are simply engaged in these four principles of life-eating, sleeping, sex life, and defending or fearing-then what is the difference between a man and a dog? There is no difference
- In addition to the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- In ecstatic love for Krsna in dread, there are two causes of fear: either Krsna Himself or some dreadful situation for Krsna
- In material existence, the living entities are afraid of Satanic influence, but for a devotee on the transcendental plane there is no such fear at all
- In one stroke Narada Muni gave shelter to Kalakanya and counterattacked the ordinary karmis. If one accepts the instructions of Narada Muni, the ocean of fear (bhaya) can be very quickly removed by the grace of that great Vaisnava
- In other words, Yasoda was feeling both happiness and doubt, or growing fear
- In spite of so much hard labor, at the end we find disappointment. Bha means bhaya, or fear. In material life, one is always in the blazing fire of fear, since no one knows what will happen next
- In that very beautiful land, where many cows reside, Rohini, the wife of Vasudeva, is living at the home of Nanda Maharaja. Other wives of Vasudeva are also living there incognito because of fear of Kamsa. Please go there
- In the conditioned stage, one's conceptions of life are sometimes polluted by passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by attachment, hostility, greed, lamentation, illusion, fear and madness
- In vyabhicari ecstatic love for Krsna there is sometimes madness, dexterity, fear, laziness, jubilation, pride, dizziness, meditation, disease, forgetfulness and humbleness
- Indeed, as soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the river Yamuna, He immediately made a great sound and jumped into the water. Everyone was filled with fear and trembling to see this
- Indra said, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are the supersoul of every living entity, and therefore You are the actual owner of everything. Long were our hearts always filled with fear of this demon, Hiranyakasipu"
- Indra says, "You (Nrsimhadeva) are so kind towards us that, by killing him, You have removed that fear from within our hearts and have given us the chance to place Your Lordship within our hearts again"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- Intolerant of the offenses committed, the infuriated goddess Kali flashed her eyes and displayed her fierce, curved teeth. Her reddish eyes glowed, and she displayed her fearsome features
- It is out of fear of Him that activities are rightly executed. Everyone's position is to be subordinate to the Supreme Lord, yet the Lord has no partiality in His view of the living entities
- It is out of fear of the Supreme Brahman that the wind is blowing, out of fear of Him that the sun regularly rises and sets, and out of fear of Him that fire acts
- It is said that the moon does not withhold its shining from the courtyard of a crooked person. Similarly, Krsna's transcendental mercy is never denied to anyone who has rendered service unto Him, whether through lust, anger, fear or pure love
- It is very good that you two brothers have come to see Me. Now you can go home. Do not fear anything
- Jagadananda wants Me to enjoy bodily sense gratification, and out of fear I do whatever he tells Me
- Just as one is immediately frightened upon seeing a live serpent or even the form of a serpent, one endeavoring for self-realization should similarly fear a materialistic person and a woman. Indeed, he should not even glance at their bodily features
- Kalakanya as jara, the invalidity of old age, can be used to arouse a sense of fear in people so that they will prepare for the next life by engaging in Krsna consciousness
- Kamsa thought, "But still I cannot even go out, because my heart is trembling from fear of this boy (Krsna)!"
- Kasyapa thus addressed his wife (Diti), who was trembling because of fear that her husband was offended. She understood that he had been dissuaded from his daily duties of offering evening prayers, yet she desired the welfare of her children in the world
- Krsna also assured Kaliya, "You came here (to the Yamuna) out of fear of Garuda, who wanted to eat you in the beautiful land by the ocean. Now, after seeing the marks where I have touched your head with My lotus feet, Garuda will not disturb you"
- Krsna began to call the cows by their respective names, with great noise. Upon hearing Krsna calling, the cows immediately replied with joy. But by this time the forest fire had surrounded all of them, and the situation appeared to be very fearful
- Krsna continued, "It is not My business to disclose this secret to others, but you (Rukmini) must know that I am not very heroic; I am a coward and am afraid of My enemies. Still I am not safe, because all the great kings of the land are inimical to Me"
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna continues, "When the Muslims attacked, the priest who was serving Me hid Me in this bush in the jungle. Then he ran away out of fear of the attack"
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don’t worry"
- Krsna is the S P of God, the cause of all causes, the reservoir of all rasas, or relationships, which are called neutrality, servitorship, friendship, parenthood, conjugal love, comedy, compassion, fear, chivalry, ghastliness, wonder and devastation
- Krsna's transcendental mercy is never denied to anyone who has rendered service unto Him, whether through lust, anger, fear or pure love
- Let others, fearing material existence, worship the Vedas, the Vedic supplementary puranas and the Mahabharata, but I shall worship Nanda Maharaja, in whose courtyard the Supreme Brahman is crawling
- Lord Krsna begged pardon from His parents for Their (Krsna's and Balarama's) inability to serve their feet, due to being away from home because of great fear of Kamsa
- Lord Krsna is Rama Himself, and wherever Lord Rama is, His eternal servitor Hanuman and His eternal consort Sita, the goddess of fortune, are present. Therefore, Arjuna had no cause to fear any enemies whatsoever
- Lord Krsna replied to Siva-jvara, "Not only are you now free from fear of the Narayana-jvara, but anyone in the future who simply recollects this fight between you and the Narayana-jvara will also be freed from all kinds of fear"
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We should not give up this traditional ceremonial function; if one gives it up, being influenced by lust, greed or fear, then it does not look very good for him"
- Mahatma Vidura knew all this, and therefore he addressed Dhrtarastra, saying: My dear King, please get out of here immediately. Do not delay. Just see how fear has overtaken you
- Mayavadis greatly fear the Krsna consciousness movement and accuse it of spoiling the Hindu religion because it accepts people from all parts of the world and all religious sects and scientifically engages them in the daiva-varnasrama-dharma
- Men are afraid of Yamaraja because it is he only who awards punishment to the miscreants of the material world, but those who are devotees of the Lord have nothing to fear from him
- Mind is the original cause of material bondage. It is followed by many enemies, such as anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear
- Mood of fear
- Mother Yasoda could understand that Krsna was unnecessarily afraid, and for His benefit she wanted to allay His fears. Being the topmost well-wisher of her child, Yasoda thought, "If the child is too fearful of me, I don’t know what will happen to Him"
- Mucukunda said, "Somehow or other I am, by Your (Krsna's) grace, now in a peaceful condition because I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, which are always free from all lamentation, fear and death"
- My (Devaki) only cause of fear from my brother Kamsa is due to Your appearance. My Lord Madhusudana, Kamsa may know that You are already born. Therefore I request You to conceal this four-armed form of Your Lordship
- My fear is that after training our men so much, if he's lost, that's a great loss. Then future of society becomes very hopeless
- Narada says, "My dear King, there are many devotees who first become attracted to the Personality of Godhead for purposes of sense gratification, from being envious of Him, out of fear of Him, or from desiring to associate affectionately with Him"
- Not only is a pure devotee of Narayana like Prahlada Maharaja unafraid of any dangerous condition of material life, but also if the Lord appears to mitigate the fear of a devotee, the devotee maintains his status of fearlessness in all circumstances
- Not only Rohini but many others in the Yadu dynasty were scattered all over the country due to their fear of the atrocities of Kamsa. Some of them were even living in the caves of the mountains
- O dearly beloved! Your lotus feet are so soft that we place them gently on our breasts, fearing that Your feet will be hurt. Our life rests only in You
- O greatest of all good men, by the combination of Kali and Harsh Speech were born children named Mrtyu (Death) and Bhiti (Fear). From the combination of Mrtyu and Bhiti came children named Yatana (Excessive Pain) and Niraya (Hell)
- Observing the inauspicious signs, the cowherd men, including Maharaja Nanda, became very anxious out of fear. At the same time they were informed that Krsna had gone to the pasturing ground without His elder brother, Balarama
- Ocean of material fears
- On the request of the demigods, Raji killed the demons and thus returned the kingdom of heaven to Lord Indra. But Indra, fearing such demons as Prahlada, returned the kingdom of heaven to Raji and surrendered himself at Raji's lotus feet
- One has to become cleansed of the material contamination that he has acquired, in order to regain his relationship with the Supreme Lord. That is the only path back without fear: Krsna consciousness
- One has to get rid of all three stages of material consciousness: attachment to material life, fear of a spiritual personal identity, and the conception of void that arises from frustration in life
- One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence, and the three material qualities. That is the objective of human life
- One old devotee said, "My dear Lord, when we are away from You we become so anxious to see You again, and there is great misery in our lives. But then, when we do see You, there immediately comes the fear of separation"
- One should hold one's body, neck and head erect in a straight line and stare steadily at the tip of the nose. Thus, with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me (Lord Krsna)
- One should not be envious of anyone, because envy is the cause of fear both in this world and in the next, when one is before Yamaraja (the lord of punishment after death)
- One should not desist out of fear or because such activities are considered troublesome. Such renunciation is in the mode of passion. The result of passionate work is always miserable
- One should not fear death. Rather, one should prepare oneself for the next birth. One should utilize one's time in this human form to end the process of birth and death
- One who is in Krsna consciousness should not give up earning money out of fear that he is performing fruitive activities
- One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free from attachment, fear and anger, is called a sage of steady mind
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- One's greatness has to be estimated by one's ability to tolerate provoking situations. The sages gathered on the bank of the river Sarasvati concluded that one who wants actual peace & freedom from all fear should take shelter of the lotus feet of Visnu
- Only bhakti can bring one in contact with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared from the womb of Devaki, and therefore Devaki symbolically represents bhakti, and Kamsa symbolically represents material fear
- Out of fear of the Supreme Personality of Godhead the wind blows, out of fear of Him the sun shines, out of fear of Him the rain pours forth showers, and out of fear of Him the host of heavenly bodies shed their luster
- Out of fear, he (Vasudeva) began to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is quite natural for a devotee in danger to think of Krsna, because he has no other shelter
- Ramananda Raya replied, "My Lord, You are the supreme independent personality. You have nothing to fear from anyone because You are not dependent on anyone"
- Rukmi's sister, Rukmini, understanding that this time Krsna would not excuse her brother, fell down at Krsna's lotus feet and in a very grievous tone, trembling with great fear, began to plead with her husband
- Seeing the incredible way in which Krsna was enveloped in the coils of the serpent, the affectionate cowherd boys and other inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately became stunned out of fear
- Seized by fear, all the Pathana soldiers immediately released the four persons. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not see His personal associates arrested
- She (Rukmini) was therefore pacified by hearing the words of Krsna. Gradually she was freed from all fear of separation from Him, and she began to look at His face very cheerfully with her naturally smiling face
- Since there is no sunshine in those subterranean planets, time is not divided into days and nights, and consequently fear produced by time does not exist
- Sir, You are living within a society of great, great brahmanas and aristocrats, but without fear or shame You adore a lower-class man like me
- Skanda Purana said, "Simply by offering obeisances to and pouring water on the tulasi tree, one can become freed from the fear of being sent to the court of Yamaraj"
- Some enemy of Krsna's was enlivened with the thought that he needn't fear Krsna because if he simply surrendered unto Him, Krsna would give him all protection
- Sometimes physicians, psychiatrists and social workers try to mitigate bodily pain, distress and fear, but they have no knowledge of spiritual identity and are bereft of a relationship with God
- Sometimes, when they would see the weaker animals fleeing out of fear of the sounds of tigers and lions, the (cowherd) boys, along with Krsna and Balarama, would imitate the animals and run away with them
- Speaking of "your sister" was an appeal to identity. Speaking about killing a woman raises questions about fame and welfare, and arousing fear of the sinful act of killing one's sister during her marriage ceremony is an aspect of bheda
- Sri Krsna, who appeared like an ordinary human being, saw the immense strength of Jarasandha, which appeared like an ocean about to cover a beach at any moment. He also perceived that the inhabitants of Mathura were overwhelmed with fear
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "All of them (the demons) are very strong, so it is very difficult to approach this place. Dear brothers, You are the only persons who can kill such demons. Other than You, no one can go there for fear of being killed"
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Svarupa Damodara said, "Timidity, jubilation, ambition, respect, fear and the characteristics of the left-wing gopis are all ecstatic symptoms that combine to agitate Srimati Radharani"
- Symbolically, mother Devaki's constant fear of Kamsa was purifying her. A pure devotee should always fear material association, and in this way all the asuras of material association will be killed, as the sad-garbhasuras were killed by Kamsa
- The attraction of Kamsa to Krsna in fear and the attraction of Sisupala in envy are not accepted as devotional service, however, because their attitudes are not favorable. Devotional service should be executed only in a favorable frame of mind
- The brahmana then began to think that if the people didn't directly see the Gopala Deity, they would not believe that He had arrived. "But even if Gopala stays here," he thought, "there is still nothing to fear"
- The conditioned soul becomes very morose to receive notice of death. His fear is compared to the fear experienced upon entering a dark mountain cave, and death is compared to a great elephant
- The demigods in all the planetary systems feared the terrific manifestation of the universal form and its glaring effulgence and so prayed for protection
- The descendants of Irreligion and Falsity, born one after another, are Bluffing, Cheating, Greed, Cunning, Anger, Envy, Quarrel, Harsh Speech, Death, Fear, Severe Pain and Hell
- The ecstasy exhibited before the lover and beloved meet, the ecstasy experienced between them after meeting, the state of mind experienced by not meeting, and the state of mind experienced after meeting but fearing separation are called vipralambha
- The elder brother of Yavana-raja, known as Prajvara, set fire to the city to please his younger brother, whose other name is fear itself
- The female relatives, whose eyes were flooded with tears out of anxiety for Krsna, came out of the palace. They could stop their tears only with great difficulty. They feared that tears would cause misfortune at the time of departure
- The friends of Krsna wanted to eat the fruit from the forest trees, but they could not go because of fear of the demon. Thus they requested Krsna to go there and kill Gardabhasura
- The goddess of fortune, Laksmiji, was requested to go before the Lord (Nrshimhadeva) by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The gopis said, "If out of fear of these naughty boys we keep our stock of butter & yogurt high on the ceiling, hanging on a swing, although it is beyond Their reach They arrange to reach it by piling all kinds of wooden planks over the grinding machine"
- The gopis said, "We fear He will become controlled by them & will forget us, for we are simple village girls. He will no longer be kind to us. We therefore do not expect Krsna to return to Vrndavana. He will not leave the company of the girls in Mathura"
- The Gopis said: "O dearly beloved (Krsna)! Your lotus feet are so soft that we place them gently on our breasts, fearing that Your feet will be hurt. Our life rests only in You"
- The great sage Narada continued: My dear King Pracinabarhisat, afterward, the King of the Yavanas, whose name is fear itself, as well as Prajvara, Kalakanya, and his soldiers, began to travel all over the world
- The impersonalist ceases fruitive activities out of fear, so that the resultant action may not be a stumbling block on the path of self-realization, but the personalist knows rightly his position as the eternal servitor of Lord Krsna
- The invalidity of old age, can be used to arouse a sense of fear in people so that they will prepare for the next life by engaging in Krsna consciousness
- The jurisdiction of the Muslim government extended up to Pichalada. Due to fear of the Muslims, no one would cross the river
- The King, fearing that the royal physician had been killed, personally descended and brought him to consciousness
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord (Krsna) then declared that the order given to the Kaliya snake be recited and heard by everyone so that no one need fear Kaliya any longer
- The Lord gave the Bhattacarya assurance that he could speak without fear, but added that if his statement were suitable He would accept it, and if it were not, He would reject it
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear. Combined, these constitute bondage to fruitive activity. What learned man would put faith in the mind
- The most brilliant part of His supreme character was that He (Krsna) begged pardon from His parents for being unable to serve their feet while absent from home because of fear of Kamsa
- The Muslim governor is very eager, and he has submitted this petition with great respect. It is a proposal for peace. You need not fear that we will fight
- The next day Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya requested Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to give him permission to submit a statement without fear
- The reigning king should be a pious, chivalrous devotee of the Lord and fear personified for the upstarts. He must also leave an heir apparent equally qualified to rule over the innocent citizens
- The resultant manifestations such as moving the eyebrows, fear, astonishment and smiling, which have been explained hereinbefore, are called anubhava
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The sound of the bow cracking filled both sky and land and was heard by Kamsa. When Kamsa heard what had happened, he began to fear for his life
- The terrible fear of birth and death can never be forsaken by anyone who resorts to any shelter other than Myself, for I am the almighty Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original source of all creation, and also the Supreme Soul of all souls
- The transcendental worker, or karma-yogi, has no such fear of falling down, for his attention is already fixed in the transcendental service of the Personality of Godhead. Thus, he does not need to enter separately into trance
- The Vedas confirm that it is out of fear of the Supreme Personality of Godhead that the sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and fire is distributing heat
- The Vedas continued, "All the conditions of material existence are opposing elements for persons who are not surrendered unto You. But for those who are surrendered souls and are in full Krsna consciousness, these things cannot be a source of fear"
- The very sound of the word 'mukti' immediately induces hate and fear, but when we say the word 'bhakti,' we naturally feel transcendental bliss within the mind
- The vibration of His flute slackens the knots of their underwear even in front of their husbands. Thus the gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished
- The whole material existence is full of problems, and thus the fear problem is always prominent
- The word sabalya refers to different types of ecstatic symptoms combined together, like pride, despondency, humility, remembrance, doubt, impatience caused by insult, fear, disappointment, patience and eagerness
- The worshipful Brahma first laughed at their stupidity (they wanted to copulate wih Lord Brahma), but finding the shameless asuras close upon him, he grew indignant and ran in great haste out of fear
- The worshippers of the demigods at least have fear of some higher personality, and that may eventually develop into fear of the Supreme Personality. But the impersonalists think that everything is Brahma, everyone is God
- There are some necessities of life on a par with those of the lower animals, and they are eating, sleeping, fearing and mating. These bodily demands are for both the human beings and the animals
- There are two kinds of trembling of the body, and two kinds of standings of the hair on end. Such phenomena occur either in great spiritual ecstasy or out of great fear under material conditions
- There is an acceptance of transcendental pleasure in the Patanjali system, but the monists do not accept this transcendental pleasure, out of fear of jeopardizing the theory of oneness
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) had dedicated everything to Krsna: their lives, property, affection, activities - everything was for Krsna - and when they saw Him in that condition, they became overwhelmed with fear and fell down on the ground
- They live very auspiciously and do not fear death from anything but death's established time, which is the effulgence of the Sudarsana cakra of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This Bhakti-yoga process helps one become free from all kinds of fear and anger and thus feel the presence of the Supersoul in the transcendental situation
- This condition of Kamsa's mind reveals an instance of pride, lamentation, humility, determination, remembrance, doubtfulness, anger and fear
- This yoga process (Krsna consciousness) helps one become free from all kinds of fear and anger and thus feel the presence of the Supersoul in the transcendental situation
- Those in human society who are intelligent should give up the original cause of lamentation, illusion, fear, anger, attachment, poverty and unnecessary labor. The original cause of all of these is the desire for unnecessary prestige and money
- Those who are serious about executing their occupational duties and who want freedom from fear must take to this process of bhakti-yoga
- Those who want to be relieved from the material clutches give up the worship of the various demigods who have fearful bodily features. Such peaceful devotees, who are not envious of the demigods, worship the different forms of the S P of God, Narayana
- Thus all the great wrestlers were killed by Krsna and Balarama, and the remaining wrestlers fled from the assembly out of fear for their lives
- Thus Bhagavan Acarya, greatly ashamed and fearful, remained silent. The next day, he asked Gopala Bhattacarya to return to his own district
- To gain a position where there will be no fear, we have to accept a fearful method. So, in the material world whatever we think, they are not very happy proposition, that's everything is fear
- To make Me a madman like Yourself, You have thrown the remnants of Your food at Me. You did not even fear the fact that I am a brahmana
- To take the jewel from the child, Krsna approached, stood before him. When the nurse taking care of Rksa's child saw Krsna standing before her, she was afraid, thinking He might take away the valuable Syamantaka jewel, and she cried out loudly in fear
- Unfortunately, although he (Kamsa) was sitting in the center of all his governing executive heads, his heart was palpitating in fear of death
- Upon hearing the jackals crying in the forest of Vrndavana, mother Yasoda sometimes became very careful about keeping Krsna under her vigilance, fearing that Krsna might be attacked by them
- Upon seeing this (bluish line on Siva's neck disappearing), Gauri, the wife of Lord Siva, suspected Lord Siva of being someone else disguised as her husband, and out of fear she immediately left his company
- Uttara said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), kindly save my child! I do not mind if I myself must be killed by the brahmastra of Asvatthama." This is an instance of humility caused by fear
- Vasudeva wanted to impress upon Kamsa that although Kamsa feared dying and therefore wanted to kill even a woman, he could not avoid death. Death is sure
- Vasudeva was very much disturbed by fear of becoming a liar by breaking his promise. Thus with great pain he delivered his first-born son, named Kirtiman, into the hands of Kamsa
- Vasudeva's presentation of fear in two situations - in this life and the next - is called bheda
- Vrtrasura rebuked both the demigods and the demoniac soldiers because the demons were running in fear of their lives and the demigods were killing them from behind
- We (gopis) become excited by lusty desires and come to You, giving up all shame and fear. But now You are angry with us. You are finding fault with our violating religious principles and leaving our homes and husbands
- We fear that this is paining You. Since You are our life and soul, our minds are very much disturbed when Your lotus feet are pained
- We have fallen under certain conditions that we have to work. This is our position. We have to work very hard, so that foam will come out of the mouth, and still, we are not assured success; always fearful
- When a monkey showed its face and teeth, a boy imitated and showed his teeth to the monkey. Some of the boys played with the frogs on the bank of the Yamuna, and when, out of fear, the frogs jumped into the water, the boys immediately dove in after them
- When a pure devotee always fears material association, his real position of bhakti is manifested, and he naturally becomes uninterested in material enjoyment
- When he (a materialistic person) is expecting some retaliation from an enemy, he is in a state of fear, and when he cannot successfully execute something he becomes dejected
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- When he was dying he also saw that three ferocious persons, very fearful persons with rope in their hands, very fearful, he saw. Sometimes dying man cries because he sees that "Somebody has come to take me to Yamaraja." He sees, and he is very fearful
- When jara, or old age, takes shelter of a devotee, Kalakanya diminishes the devotee's fear
- When Krsna entered the Yamuna River, which had become very poisonous from the presence of Kaliya, mother Yasoda feared all kinds of mishaps, and she was breathing hotly. Tears from her eyes were soaking her clothes, and she was almost collapsing
- When Krsna offered prayers at the lotus feet of His mother and father, Vasudeva and Devaki, they both felt awe, reverence and fear due to knowledge of His opulences
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- When Lord Ramacandra, was the King of this world, all bodily and mental suffering, disease, old age, bereavement, lamentation, distress, fear and fatigue were completely absent. There was even no death for those who did not want it
- When mother Saci was thus overwhelmed in maternal love for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she became transformed with happiness, fear and humility, as well as bodily symptoms
- When one hears about the Lord and glorifies Him, it is natural to think of Him. This is called smartavyah. All this must be carried out if one actually wants to be immune from fear
- When one sees the lotus feet of the Lord, all kinds of doubts and fears within the heart are vanquished
- When Sisupala was thus killed, a great roar and howl went up from the crowd. Taking advantage of that disturbance, the few kings who were supporters of Sisupala quickly left the assembly out of fear for their lives
- When Sukadeva Gosvami was so received by the king and sages, the street boys and less intelligent women who followed him were struck with wonder and fear. So they retired from their frivolous activities, and everything was full of gravity and calm
- When the boys saw that the calves were not nearby, they became afraid for their safety, and they immediately cried out, "Krsna!" Krsna is the killer of fear personified. Everyone is afraid of fear personified, but fear personified is afraid of Krsna
- When the demon (Vrkasura) was offered this facility by Lord Siva, he asked for a fearful and abominable benediction
- When the kings of the Yadu dynasty heard the taunt they laughed at him, and Garga Muni became angry at the Yadu kings. He decided that he would produce someone who would be very fearful to the Yadu dynasty
- When the living entity is attracted by the material energy, which is separate from Krsna, he is overpowered by fear. Because he is separated from the Supreme Personality of Godhead by the material energy, his conception of life is reversed
- When the moment of death is there, no one may protect us, and if we are not prepared for that moment by practicing Krishna Consciousness or God-consciousness, then we shall be struck with fear and we shall not know where we are going after
- When the six sons of Marici are killed by such fear (fear of material association) and one is freed from material contamination, within the womb of bhakti the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears
- When there is something fearful the child, it is nature, closes the eyes. I have practical experience. When I was young man I went to the zoo with my little son and as soon as there was a tiger cage, oh, the child closed the eyes
- When Vrsasura appeared in Vrndavana as a bull, all of the gopis became greatly affected with fear. Being perturbed in that way, they began to embrace the tamala trees
- Whether for the satisfaction of material desires, because of the influence of envy, because of fear, because of affection or because of any other reason, if one comes to Krsna, his life is successful
- Whether in lusty desire, anger, fear or envy of the Lord, somehow or other, as recommended by Srila Rupa Gosvami, one should become attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- While Krsna was joking with Rukmini in Dvaraka, she was full of distress, fear and lamentation. She had also lost her intelligence. She dropped her hand bangles and the fan she was using to fan the Lord
- Whoever causes offenseless living beings to suffer must fear me (Krsna) anywhere and everywhere in the world. By curbing dishonest miscreants, one automatically benefits the offenseless
- With the first glimpse of sunlight, fear of thieves, ghosts and demons immediately disappears, and when the sun is actually visible, everything is manifest, and everyone begins performing his religious activities and regulative duties