Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Disciples of SP Names - Initiations By Year - 1971
- As not all first initiations were recorded in letters or lectures this is only a partial listing of the first initiations of disciples of Śrīla Prabhupāda.
- 1971 - total of 189 devotees, 114 men & 75 women.
Pages in category "Disciples of SP Names - Initiations By Year - 1971"
The following 122 pages are in this category, out of 122 total.
- Adi-pati. Adi-pati means king. So you should be king. What is the business of king?... Where you will rule? You will rule over your senses. (laughter)
- Aprakrta. Aprakrta means transcendental. Yes. Hare Krsna
- As you have recommended, I am sending under separate parcel a set of initiation beads for Randy Prabhu, duly chanted on. His new name shall be Rama Dulal das Brahmacari
- As you have recommended, I have duly initiated the four new devotees and their names are as follows: John - Yugalakisora, Carol - Kritimati Devi Dasi, Suzanne - Sujan Devi Dasi and Marlene - Mayavati
- At the recommendation of Dhananjaya Prabhu, I have gladly consented to accept you as my duly initiated disciple. I have given you the spiritual name Ksama Devi Dasi, Ksama means forgiveness. Your beads have also been duly chanted
- At your recommendation I have consented to accept Philip Murphy and Freda Tepler as my duly initiated disciples and their letters and beads are enclosed herewith
- At your recommendation I have gladly consented to accept Guy as my duly initiated disciple. His letter and beads are enclosed herewith
- Atmarama dasa. Atmarama means who is satisfied with self-realization
- Bahismati, one of the daughters of Manu. Come on. Hare Krsna. You know, what are the rules? Tell me. Thank you. Hare Krsna
- Bhagavati. Goddess Durga's name. Goddess Durga, external energy of Krsna. (more japa, prayers) Tapasvini: who performs great austerity. Svarga dasi
- Bhargava means the descendant of Brghu. Brghu is one of the great sages, seven sages, in..., rotating around the polestar, seven sages. And Brghu Muni is one of them. Bhargava. In India there is still a brahmana's family, they are called Bhargava
- By Sriman Karandhara Prabhu's recommendation, I am very pleased to accept you twelve as my duly initiated disciples. ... Your initiated names are as follows; Lilasakti, Santanandi, Vikramini, Riktananda
- By Sriman Karandhara Prabhu's recommendation, I am very pleased to accept you twelve as my duly initiated disciples. ... Your initiated names are as follows; Paratrikananda, Kulapradip, Jayanarayana, Iksvakurani
- By Sriman Karandhara Prabhu's recommendation, I am very pleased to accept you twelve as my duly initiated disciples. ... Your initiated names are as follows; Ramesvara, Badrinarayan, Vaidyanath, Trilochana
- By your recommendation, I am happy to accept the six as my disciples and their names shall be as follows: Ratnesvari Dasi, Lokanatha Das, Vrajasundari Dasi, Yogescandra Das, Varahadeva Dasi, Nalinikanta Das
- Cediraja was Krsna's aunt's(?) husband. In connection with Krsna. He was a great king. His son, Cediraja's son was Krsna's cousin-brother but greatest enemy. Yes. Krsna killed him. Yes. (laughter)
- Chayadevi. Chayadevi. Chayadevi means material nature. That is also Krsna's energy. Acts according to the direction of Krsna
- Dasarha, a king in the dynasty in which Lord Krsna appeared; Sasimukhi. Sasi means moon, and mukhi means face; Hemalata - golden leaf; Saptaratha - "one who drives seven chariots"
- Dinesvara. Dinesvara is the name of sun, sun-god. Come on. We are all dasa, not the person. When you call "Krsna," "Krsna" means Krsna dasa. When you call Dinesvara, Dinesvara, means Dinesvara's servant. Our position is always servant
- Dr. Rao, your spiritual name is Ramananda. Yes. This Ramananda, he was also Raya, Ramananda Raya, a great devotee of Lord Caitanya and governor of Madras
- I am glad to accept you as my disciple and have given you the spiritual name Kanya Kumari Devi Dasi
- I am in Bombay and from here I shall be going to London and perhaps to Moscow for a few days also. Then I shall be going to N.Y. and on to Los Angeles. At that time Michael and Patrick may come to be initiated
- I am sending under separate parcel the initiation beads for Lynne Stowers, duly chanted on. Her name shall be Srila Dasi. I am pleased that she has become my disciple, now let her very seriously take up this process
- I am so glad to accept both Yamuna and Sanaka as my duly initiated disciples. Their beads and letters follow
- I am so glad to accept you as my disciple. Your spiritual name is Anandini Devi Dasi; Anandini means "pleasure.''
- I am so glad to accept you as my duly initiated disciple and have given you the spiritual name Manjari Devi Dasi
- I am so glad to accept you as my duly initiated disciple, as you were recommended highly by Sriman Bhagavan dasa Prabhu. I have given you the spiritual name Kaliya Krishna Das Brahmacari
- I am so glad to accept you as my initiated disciple. Your spiritual name is Gurukrpa, or one who has the mercy of the spiritual master
- I am so glad to hear that Von Prabhu is executing such valuable service to Krishna. Please give him my blessings. So he is giving such nice service; that is his qualification. So if you feel that he is ready, then he may take initiation by mail
- I am very glad to accept them as my initiated students, and I have given their spiritual names as Ganga Narayana das and Jaga Mohini dasi respectively
- I am very glad to accept these students as my duly initiated disciples and their names shall be as follows; Brian Tibbits - Indradyumna Das, Ilene Tibbits - Krpamayi Dasi, Heidi Paeva - Hrisakti Dasi
- I am very glad to accept you as my initiated disciple and I have duly chanted your beads which are returned to you herewith. Your spiritual name is Danavir Das Brahmacari. Danavir means "Hero of charities''
- I am very glad to accept you as my initiated disciple and your spiritual name is Gunagrahi Das Brahmacari. Gunagrahi means one who picks up or acquires all good qualifications or qualities
- I am very glad to accept you as my initiated disciple and your spiritual name is Srimati Devi Dasi
- I am very glad to accept you both, husband and wife, as my initiated disciples. I have chanted your beads duly and they are returned to you herewith. Your spiritual names are Tradhis Das Adhikari and Srimati Nagapatni Devi Dasi
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 13rd January, 1971, along with one set of beads for chanting and recommendation for the initiation of Debbie. I have duly chanted her beads and given her the spiritual name Devi Dasi
- I gladly consent to accept Surita and Paul Darling as my duly initiated disciples, as recommended by you. Their names shall be: Surita - Sunita Dasi and Paul - Apurva Das
- I have duly chanted your beads and given you the spiritual name Jaya Jagadisa Das Brahmacari
- I have duly initiated Terry as you have requested. His beads and a reply to his letter are sent to him separately. His spiritual name you may inform is Sriman Traidas Brahmacari
- I have given the spiritual names as follows: Sankarsana Das (Stephen Bridge): Sankarsana is another name for Visnu. Parasara Das (Ron): Parasara was the father of Vyasadeva. Pulasta Das (Chris Pinkard): Pulasta means name of a great sage
- I have given you the spiritual name Krpasindhu Das Brahmacari. Krpasindhu means Krishna, the ocean of mercy
- I have given you the spiritual name Radhaballaba Das Brahmacari. Radhaballaba means Krishna, who pleases Radharani. Only Krishna can please Srimati Radharani, so He is known as Radhaballaba
- I have given you the spiritual name Urukrama Dasa Brahmacari. Urukrama is a name for Krishna and means one whose activities are glorious
- I have given you the spiritual names as follows: (Kelly Cristoph) - Rajamohan Das Brahmacari, (Rodney Purcell) - Gauramohan Das Brahmacari, (Kathy Prabhu) - Kumkum Devi Dasi
- I have given you the spiritual names as follows: Stuart Rose - Sousilya Das, Eugene Baum - Gadagraja Das, David Peterson - Dayala Candra Das
- I have gladly consented to accept you all as my duly initiated disciples. Your beads are all chanted. I have given you the spiritual names as follows: Sriballavah Das Brahmacari, Pranaballavah Das Brahmacari, Kamalavati Dasi
- I have gladly consented to accept you as my duly initiated disciple and have given you the spiritual name Anangamanjari Devi Dasi
- I have gladly consented to accept you as my duly initiated disciple and have given you the spiritual name Sukhada Devi Dasi. Sukhada means one who is always giving pleasure to Krishna
- I have gladly consented to accept you as my duly initiated disciple. Your spiritual name is Smita Krishna Das Brahmachary. Smita Krishna means Krsna who is smiling. Your beads are also duly chanted on by me
- I have received Sriman Jagadisa's recommendation for your initiation and I am glad to accept you as my disciple - Yugalkishore
- I received a few days back a recommendation from Srivatsa to accept Joachim (Akrura das) and Gabi (Kandabhasi dasi) as my disciples, and I have done so and sent their beads to them
- I was very glad to initiate Sandy and her spiritual name is now Srimati Kanta Devi Dasi. I have sent reply to her letter and her beads duly chanted by separate post. They should be arriving soon
- If you feel that she is qualified, the girl Carol may receive Gayatri initiation also so that she can take up pujari business full time
- Jaga Dasi can become initiated also when I come there
- Jagannatha-suta is Caitanya... Prabhu. His father's name is Jagannatha. Suta means son. Jagannatha son. Caitanya Mahaprabhu's father's name was Jagannatha Misra
- Jamadagni was a great sage; Brahma-vit, "whose profession is to realize Brahman"; Payasvini dasa. Payasvini means the Surabhi cow who delivers milk as much as you like
- Kanka. Your name is Kanka dasi, the daughter of a great king. All our girl disciples are named great devotees' daughter or wife, like that
- Kaumadaki, born of lotus flower; Gandharvika. Another name of Srimati Radharani; Charani devi. Celestial singers; Kapindra means Hanumanji, servant of Lord Ramacandra
- Kaṁsā was the sister of King Kaṁsa. Kaṁsā was not bad, but Kaṁsa was bad
- Kirtiraja. The king who is famous. Who is that king who is famous, very? Do you know? No? Krsna. (laughter) What are the rules?
- Kusakratha. Kusakratha. You know the rules and regulations? What are they?
- M-a-m-a-t-a. Mamata devi, "one who is very affectionate to everyone." Come on. You know the rules and regulation? What are those?
- Madira. Madira means intoxication. So you be intoxicated by chanting Hare Krsna
- Mahamaya. Mahamaya, the illusory energy. (chuckling) So illusory energy is not bad. Illusory energy is another face of Radharani. Those who do not want to worship Krsna, for them illusory energy is there
- Mahavira is the name of Hanuman, the servant of Lord Ramacandra. He was very strong. He could raise even the hills for service of the Lord. Mahavira. Maha means great, and vira means hero
- Mahayajni, Mahayajni is a name of Lord Siva. Hare Krsna. Take
- Mahendra. Maha-indra. Maha-indra is the heavenly king. Yas tu indra-gopa-maha indra. There are two kinds of indra
- Mandelesvara. Mandalesvara means a leader, leader of a group. He is called mandalesvara. Not ordinary rogues' group but Vaisnava group. Hare Krsna. There are different kinds of groups
- Mayapur-sasi is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's another name. Sasi means moon, and Mayapur is the birthplace of Lord Caitanya
- Naradevi means queen, like Queen Victoria. Is that all right? (laughter-girl offers obeisances) Hare Krsna. Queen Victoria was very popular in British Empire
- Narayana dasa; Pompa dasi. Pompa is the sacred river. Flow with Krsna consciousness; Madhupuri is Mathura, Krsna's birthplace. So you have to serve Mathura and be associated with Radharani
- Navadvipa is the place of Lord Caitanya, and you are servitor of Lord Caitanya
- Navaratha "one who has got nine chariots"; Astharatha "one who has got eight chariots"; Dasaratha, the father of Lord Ramacandra "who could drive his chariot on ten directions"
- Nimai-sundara. Nimai-sundara is Lord Caitanya's name. Nimai-sundara dasa, you are servitor of Lord Caitanya
- Pancaratna dasa. Hare Krsna. Panca means five; ratna means jewels
- Please find your beads enclosed herewith and chanted on by me. I have given you the spiritual name Batua Gopala Das Brahmacari. Batua Gopala was a great devotee of Lord Caitanya
- Praci means one of the directions; Puru dasa. There was a very powerful king. His name was Puru; Indriyani, the queen of Lord Indra; Pratici, one of the directions; Bimala, Bimala. Bimala means spotless, where there is no dirty things
- Prayag dasi. Prayag is the chief holy place in India, where we held our... That is Allahabad. That is Prayag. Another name is Prayag. Real name is Prayag. Tirtha-raja, the king of pilgrimage. So you have to serve
- Puranjana was a great king, devotee, in the history
- Puravi means eastern, not western; Srutadeva means Visnu; Harikesa means hairs of God; Ravindra-svarupa. Just like sunshine; Rohini, the mother of Balarama; Devamira, victory flag
- Puskara dasa. There is a sacred lake in India, Puskara tirtha. Puskara tirtha. So anyone who takes bath in that lake, he becomes a devotee. So you try to bring all people of the world to take bath in Puskara
- Puspavana. Puspavana is the name of Cupid. He throws the arrow of flower. And Krsna is the supreme Cupid
- Radha-bhavani, "always thinking of Radharani." You know the rules and regulation? The rules and regulations?
- Rastrapalika, governess. You have to govern
- Romapada... So there was a great rsi, Romaharsana, Romaharsana. So his disciple or servant. Yes. Hare Krsna
- Rupanuga Prabhu has recommended you for initiation and I am so glad to accept you as my duly initiated disciple. I have given you the spiritual name Kirtika Devi Dasi
- Sita-Rama. Raghupati raghava. Lord Ramacandra, husband of Sita. You are servant of Sita-Rama. Very high position
- So, I have accepted you as my initiated disciple and your spiritual name is Satadhanya das Brahmacari
- Sruta-kirti, whose activities are well famous. Come on. What are the rules? How many rounds you'll chant?
- Sudhamani, yes. Brilliant night. You know the rules? Yes
- Sumahat - "Great personality"; Haihaya, a great saintly king; Narmada is a sacred river in India, like Ganges; Vaijayanti is one who becomes victorious everywhere; Urvasi is the beautiful society girl in the heavens; Gosita was a great sage
- Suruci. Suruci was one of the mothers of Dhruva Maharaja
- Tapas. From tapasya. You have to perform severe austerity. Without severe austerity nobody can achieve Krsna
- The spiritual names of the new initiates: Elliot Kidd - LAMBODARA DAS, Gene Laska - GARIYAN DAS, Mike Cassady - MANGALANANDA DAS, Juba Tolent - NAVAYAUVANA DAS, Dale Fawley - DULAL CHANDRA DAS
- Upon the recommendation of Rsabhadeva I have gladly consented to accept all of you as my duly initiated disciples. Your spiritual names are as follows: Richard - Saci Dulal Das, David - Vilvamangal Das, Don La Douce - Avhinava Das, Sally - Novina Dasi
- Upon the recommendation of Sri Galim I have gladly consented to accept all of you as my duly initiated disciples. I have given you the spiritual names as follows Bill Walsh - MURTI DAS, Sue Walsh - MAHATI DASI, Hayden Larsen - ADHIDEVA DAS
- Upon the recommendation of your good husband Kanupriya Prabhu, I have gladly accepted you as my duly initiated disciple. I have given you the spiritual name Caitanya Devi Dasi
- Upon your recommendation I have gladly accepted Neo Che Wee as my duly initiated disciple and his letter and beads are enclosed herewith
- Upon your recommendation, I am very glad to accept our devotee, George, as my duly initiated disciple. I shall be sending his beads, duly chanted, under separate post. I have given him the new spiritual name: GURUGAURANGA DAS
- Usika is Brahma's another name, Usiksaya. So you know the rules and regulations? What are they?
- Uttamasloka. Uttamasloka means Krsna who is chanted with best verses
- Varanasi dasi. Varanasi, the sacred conjunction of two rivers, Varuni and Asi. Varuni is Ganges, and Asi. So combination of two sacred rivers flowing from the lotus toe of Krsna
- Vidarbha-suta means the wife of Lord Ramacandra
- Virendra means Arjuna or Krsna. Come on. The supreme hero. Virendra; Surendra is also Krsna's another name. Sura means gods, demigods, and the chief, the chief is Krsna
- Visnugada. You know Visnu has got the club? Sankha cakra gada padma. Gada, the club. So you are that. You have to punish all the demons
- Visvakarma. Visvakarma is the engineer of this universe. Hare Krsna. Jaya. You know what are the rules and regulations? That's right
- Visvambhara is another name of Lord Caitanya. Visvambhara dasa
- Yes, Mr. Faramarz Attar will certainly be a great asset to our society and I am glad to accept him as my initiated disciple. His spiritual name is Atreya Rsi ... And Concetta Bologna has also been accepted. Her name is Bhadra Devi Dasi
- Yogamaya. Yogamaya, the internal energy of Krsna. You are the servant of internal energy
- You will be glad to know that I have accepted you as my duly initiated disciple. Your beads have been chanted on and are enclosed herewith. Your spiritual name is Tilaka Devi Dasi. Tilaka means victory personified
- You will be glad to know that I have consented to initiate your good wife, Elaine, as well as Bill, and have given them spiritual names Anangamanjari Devi and Radhaballaba Das, respectively
- You will be glad to know that I have gladly accepted you as my duly initiated disciple and have given you the spiritual name Sukhasagari Devi Dasi. Sukhasagari means the ocean of happiness
- You will be glad to know that the two boys, Paul and Patrick, recommended by you have been duly initiated by me and their beads and letters are enclosed herewith. Their names are purusa and Bhumna respectively
- Your beads have been duly chanted on by me and they are sent under separate post. I have given all of you the spiritual names as follows: Mathuresh das, Raghavendu das, Vijay Laksmi dasi
- Your name is Holly? Eh? Yes. So your spiritual name is Hera-pancami. Hera-pancami is the auspicious energy of Jagannatha Svami, yes. So you worship Jagannatha Svami very nicely
- Your name is Sivani, wife of Lord Siva
- Your spiritual name is Narayani Devi Dasi. Narayani means the energy of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I have also chanted on your beads and they are enclosed herewith
- Your spiritual name is Rama-ranjana. Rama-ranjana. Rama... One who pleases Lord Rama, Ramaranjana. So by your activities you have to please Lord Ramacandra