Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
disappearance | disappearances
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Disappearance"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A pure devotee does not see, in the material world, someone as higher and someone as lower; higher and lower positions are ephemeral, and a devotee has nothing to do with ephemeral appearances or disappearances. For him stone and gold are of equal value
- According to Bhagavad-gita we have simply to tolerate all these temporary appearances and disappearance, our main function being to make steady progress in Krsna consciousness
- After the disappearance of an acarya
- After the disappearance of King Anga, there was no one to follow the instructions of the great sages. Consequently all the citizens became unruly, so much so that they could be compared to animals
- Although this is the disappearance day of Srimad Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, so there is nothing to be lamented. Although we feel separation, that feeling is there, but spiritually, there is no difference between appearance & disappearance
- And, if by the manifestation of such shadow attachment one feels the disappearance of all material pangs, then it is called para attachment
- Attains the greatest goal after his disappearance
- Brahma found Krsna, the S. P. of Godhead, playing the part of a small cowherd boy; he saw that little child with a lump of food in His left hand, searching out His friends and calves, just as He had been doing one year before, after their disappearance
- Brahma said, "For a person who is already situated in the sun planet, there is no question of the appearance or disappearance of the sun in the name of day or night. It is also said that You, Krsna, are just like the sun, and that maya is like darkness"
- First faith, then association, then beginning of regulative principles. And if one follows, then the next promotion is to the stage of anartha-nivrtti, disappearance of all misgivings
- Fortunately, one day the great sage Narada came and informed the family about Aniruddha's disappearance from the palace
- Handed over the manuscript of Shi Caitanya Mahaprabhu for printing in a three forms book on the occasion of Sri Srimat Sakhi Charan Das Babaji Maharaja's first disappearance ceremony
- He can think, "Oh, now I am so learned. I am so advanced. Why shall I accept him as superior?" No. That continues. Even after my death, after my disappearance, he will offer obeisances to my picture
- I have received one letter from a Mr. Morris Yanoff with a news paper clipping explaining the disappearance of his Grandson David Yanoff age 12 years. Mr. Yanoff is very anxious about the whereabouts of his grandson and he has asked me to help locate him
- If the opening ceremony can correspond with the celebration of the Disappearance Day of my Guru Maharaja on December 13rd, that will be auspicious
- If you are conversant with the principles of God appearance, disappearance, incarnation, then you can understand who is a pretender and who is actually representative of God, by action
- In following the regulative principles of devotional service, there is a stage called anartha-nivrtti, which means the disappearance of all material contamination
- In the beginning your inquisitiveness that "I want to understand," that is faith. Then next stage is association of persons who know, sadhu-sanga. Then initiation. Then disappearance of all misgivings. Then steady faith
- In the Middle Ages, after the disappearance of Lord Caitanya's great associate Lord Nityananda, a class of priestly persons claimed to be the descendants of Nityananda, calling themselves the gosvami caste
- Jivo va maro va. Because we are going to accept eternity, so appearance and disappearance of this body is no a very important thing. Nitya-lila, eternal life - that is our Krsna consciousness
- Just like a layman does not know how the sun appears and disappears, but an astronomer, he knows very well the movements of the sun, moon, and other planets' appearance and disappearance
- Krsna replied, "All material bodies are subject to these six conditions (growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance), & any relative acquisitions accumulated by this body are definitely subject to final destruction"
- Krsna replied, "Every one of you (Kings) must understand that anything material has its starting point, growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance"
- On the Disappearance Day of my Guru Maharaja, you may hold meeting to discuss His activities and offer respect to His Memory. Practically, this movement is His because it is under His order that I have come to your country
- On the full-moon day of Vaisakha (April - May), the disappearance festival of Paramesvari Thakura is observed in this temple
- One should not think that the disappearance of poverty and liberation from bondage are the end results of love of Krsna. It is in relishing the reciprocation of loving service that love of Krsna exists
- Thank you be blessed my Guru Maharaj will be very much pleased upon you and all other workers on the holy occasion of his disappearance day
- The anniversary of Sundarananda’s disappearance is regularly celebrated, and people from the neighboring areas gather together to observe this festival
- The appearance and disappearance of the body have nothing to do with the living entity, just as the waxing and waning of the moon have nothing to do with the moon
- The appearance and disappearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His different activities are all confidential, even to the Vedic literatures. Yet they are displayed by the Lord to bestow mercy upon the conditioned souls
- The foremost process of cheating is to desire to achieve liberation by merging into the Supreme, for this causes the permanent disappearance of loving service to Krsna
- The great sages used to advise the head of the state, or the king, and he used to rule the populace in accordance with their instruction. After the disappearance of King Anga, there was no one to follow the instructions of the great sages
- The Lord and the living entities are essentially all spiritual. Therefore both of them are eternal, and neither of them has birth and death. The difference is that the so-called births and disappearances of the Lord are unlike those of the living beings
- The Lord does not create the fish incarnation; He eternally has such a form, and the appearance and disappearance of such an incarnation serves particular purposes
- The nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, and one must learn to tolerate them
- The sun is not dead. Similarly, Krsna appears by rotation in this universe after so many years, eight billion and nine billion years. So next He goes to another universe. Just like the sun, after disappearance from Australia, it goes to another country
- There are many fasts, such as Ekadasi and the appearance and disappearance days of God and His devotees. All of these are meant to decrease the fat within the body so that one will not sleep more than desired and will not become inactive and lazy
- Today is a special day, the disappearance day of my Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami. So these acaryas, they come and they go, that is not like ordinary birth and death
- We have nothing to lament on account of disappearance
- When everyone was informed of the mysterious disappearance of Pradyumna and how he had grown up, they were all struck with wonder because they had gotten back their dead son after they were almost hopeless of his return
- When the Lord referred to them (Yadu dynasty) in connection with the burden on the earth, He had in mind their imminent disappearance from the earth