Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
descendant | descendants
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Descendants"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A well-known king named Anantaguna Pandya is an eleventh-generation descendant of Emperor Kulasekhara
- According to this formula, the gosvamis who are descendants of Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Sri Advaita Prabhu are certainly devotees, but devotees coming from other families should not be discriminated against
- According to Vedic civilization, a descendant of a brahmana family should never be heavily punished. This was exemplified in Arjuna's treatment of Asvatthama
- According to Vedic civilization, Manu is the lawgiver. Even today Hindus in India follow the laws given by Manu. Everyone, therefore, in human society is a manava, or descendant from Manu
- Actually the predominating deities in all the other planets are descendants from the predominating deities of the sun and moon
- After arriving at Tirupati, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Lord Ramacandra. He offered His prayers and obeisances before Ramacandra, the descendant of King Raghu
- Akrura thought, "That SP of Godhead, Krsna, has now appeared as one of the descendants of the Yadu dynasty. The principles of religion are His enacted laws. Those who are abiding by such laws are demigods, and those who are not abiding are demons"
- All of them (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja), being permitted by the brahmanas, partook of the remnants of prasada and also drank liquor made of rice
- An illustration of this principle is that many great empires which developed in the past are no longer existing because their wealth was squandered away by later descendants
- And the descendants of King Yadu, due to their family relationship with Krsna, are always thinking of Him as one of their members
- Before the Pandavas there had been many, many devotees, such as the descendants of the Yadu dynasty and Vasistha, Marici, Kasyapa, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who were all extremely fortunate. The Pandavas, however, were better than all of them
- Brahmana family means devata family. But because nowadays they are descendants, they have deviated, deviated from the brahminical culture, they are not to be considered as devatas. That is also mentioned in the sastras. They are called brahma-bandhus
- Brahmanas generally act as spiritual masters of two dynasties. One is their disciplic succession, and the other is the dynasty born of their semen. Both descendants belong to the same gotra, or dynasty
- By drinking they (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) all became delirious, and, bereft of knowledge, they touched the cores of each other's hearts with harsh words
- Demigods like Marici and their descendants, who are meant to enjoy this material world. From these two kinds of demigods were gradually manifested all other living entities, including the human beings
- Descendants of Manu, or human beings, especially those who are situated in a well-to-do condition, must consider that whatever riches they have are gifts from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Descendants of Raghunandana dasa still live four miles west of Katwa in the village named Sri Khanda, where Raghunandana dasa used to live
- Devapi still lives in the village known as Kalapa-grama. In this Kali-yuga, when the descendants of Soma known as the candra-vamsa (the lunar dynasty) die out, Devapi, at the beginning of Satya-yuga, will reestablish the dynasty of the moon
- Dhrtarastra lost all his state and descendants in the fight with Maharaja Yudhisthira, and still, due to his sense of helplessness, he did not feel ashamed to accept the charity and hospitality of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- During the fratricidal war amongst the descendants of Yadu, he (Pradyumna) died at the hand of Bhoja, another king of the Vrsnis. After his death, he was installed in his original position
- From Mrkanda, Markandeya Muni was born, and from Prana the sage Vedasira, whose son was Usana (Sukracarya), also known as Kavi. Thus Kavi also belonged to the descendants of the Bhrgu dynasty
- From within the body of Uttara He (Krsna as Paramatma) covered the embryo to save Maharaja Pariksit and protect the progeny of Maharaja Kuru, of whom King Pandu was also a descendant
- Gautama: One of the seven great sages of the universe. Saradvan Gautama was one of his sons. Persons in the Gautama-gotra (dynasty) today are either his family descendants or in his disciplic succession
- Generally the karmis, who are attached to increasing descendants, have to perform so many sacrifices and worship so many demigods for future generations, as well as to satisfy so many leaders, politicians, philosophers and scientists
- Gopis said, "If only He would come here and accept these garlands we have made. Dear Lord Balarama, descendant of Dasarha, You know that we would give up everything for Krsna's friendship"
- Haridasa Thakura lived for some time during the Caturmasya period in the village named Kulina-grama, where he chanted the holy name, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and distributed his mercy to the descendants of the Vasu family
- He (Kamsa) then called for Akrura, one of the descendants in the family of Yadu, in which Krsna was born as the son of Vasudeva. When Akrura came to see Kamsa, Kamsa very politely shook hands with him
- He could not estimate his own position, Paundraka falsely thought himself to be Lord Vasudeva. Thus the messenger declared to Krsna that King Paundraka, the SP, had descended to the earth out of his causeless mercy just to deliver all distressed persons
- In that portion of the Vedic literature, Krsna informs Arjuna, "My dear Arjuna, the glaring effulgence, the transcendental light you are seeing, is My bodily rays. O chief of the descendants of Bharata, this brahmajyoti is I Myself"
- In the material world the human society gives all protection to the human being, but there is no law to protect the descendants of Surabhi, who can give all protection to men by supplying the miracle food, milk
- In the Middle Ages, after the disappearance of Lord Caitanya's great associate Lord Nityananda, a class of priestly persons claimed to be the descendants of Nityananda, calling themselves the gosvami caste
- In this age, those who come through the monkey species are considered by modern anthropologists like Darwin to be descendants of monkeys
- It (the Bhagavad-gita) was spoken to the sun-god Vivasvan because he is also a ksatriya and is the father of all ksatriyas who are descendants of the sun-god, or the surya-vamsa ksatriyas
- King (Maharaja Pariksit) addressed him as follows: "I am surprised that Rukmi and Krsna, who were so greatly inimical to one another, could again be united by marital relationships between their descendants."
- Krsna and Balarama, the descendants of Dasarha, decided to annihilate the thirteen military companies of Jarasandha
- Ksatriyas (the descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja) are permitted to drink at certain occasions, so they all drank a kind of light liquor made of rice
- Lord Brahma praised Kardama Muni's nine daughters, saying: All your thin-waisted daughters are certainly very chaste. I am sure they will increase this creation by their own descendants in various ways
- Lord Caitanya chanted: "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krsna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me"
- Lord Rama's biggest competitor was a demon named Ravana, and present-day descendants of Ravana are also busy trying to kill Lord Rama
- Maharaja Pariksit felt proud, therefore, that he happened to be the descendant of such great devotees. Such pride for the devotees of the Lord is certainly not equal to the puffed-up sense of vanity for material prosperity
- Maharaja Pariksit then used another word, yadu-pati, which indicates that Krsna is the most exalted personality in the dynasty of the Yadus. The kings in the dynasty of Yadu were considered to be the most pious, and their descendants were also like that
- Maharaja Pariksit, being a great emperor, a descendant of the Pandavas and a great devotee of Lord Krsna, was quite able to know considerably about the creation of the world, but that much knowledge was not sufficient
- Mahatala is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- Make Manipur a big, nice center of Vaisnava. You are descendants of Babhruvahana. There is no doubt about it. Vaisnava raja. Make Manipur a strong center of Krsna
- Manipur has been an historic place for thousands of years. Arjuna married the daughter of the Manipur king, and his son became the King. You are, therefore, descending from the original Kshatriyas
- Materialistic people are sometimes called sudras, or descendants of monkeys, due to their monkeylike intelligence. They do not care to know how the evolutionary process is taking place
- Nakula began lamenting: "O, all auspiciousness to Krsna! I am so surprised to see that the condemned descendants of the Kurus, who so unlawfully occupied the throne of the Kuru kingdom, are at the same time criticizing Krsna with diplomatic devices"
- Narada had informed Kamsa that in his previous birth Kamsa was Kalanemi, a demon killed by Visnu. Consequently, Kamsa became a great enemy to all the descendants of the yadu-vamsa, the Yadu dynasty
- No one could disobey his (Maharaja Prthu's) irrevocable orders but the saintly persons, the brahmanas and the descendants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead (the Vaisnavas)
- Not only the misguided descendants of Advaita Acarya but anyone who has no connection with Caitanya Mahaprabhu - even if he is independently a great sannyasi, learned scholar or ascetic - is like a dead branch of a tree
- Now female descendants are increasing because young men are very weak sexually
- Now, by the grace of Krsna, yourself and Upendra, the descendants of your adventurous forefathers, have gone there with a great mission, and try to execute it to your best capacity
- O descendant of Bhrgu (Saunaka), after performing funeral rituals for the dead body of Bhismadeva, Maharaja Yudhisthira was momentarily overtaken with grief
- O descendant of King Bharata, one who desires to be free from all miseries must hear about, glorify and also remember the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the Supersoul, the controller and the savior from all miseries
- O Maharaja Yudhisthira, descendant of Pandu, by dint of his personal power, Hiranyakasipu, being situated on the throne of King Indra, controlled the inhabitants of all the other planets
- Praising Kamsa's qualifications was glorification, and praising him as a descendant of the bhoja-vamsa appealed to sambandha, relationship
- Pundarika Vidyanidhi's father was known as Banesvara or, according to another opinion, Suklambara Brahmacari, and his mother's name was Gangadevi. According to one opinion, Banesvara was a descendant of Sri Sivarama Gangopadhyaya
- Sanjaya said: O descendant of Bharata, having thus been addressed by Arjuna, Lord Krsna drew up the fine chariot in the midst of the armies of both parties
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura visited this (Rudra Pandita's, Kasisvara Gosani nephew's) temple at Vallabhapura. At that time the person in charge was a Saivite, Sri Sivacandra Caudhuri, who was a descendant of Kasisvara Gosani's brother
- Sundarananda Prabhu was a naisthika-brahmacari: he never married in his life. Therefore he had no direct descendants except his disciples, but the descendants of his family still reside in the village known as Mangaladihi in the district of Birbhum
- Svayambhuva Manu handed over his daughter Prasuti to the son of Brahma named Daksa, who was also one of the progenitors of the living entities. The descendants of Daksa are spread throughout the three worlds
- Syamasundara Adhikari was a descendant of Rasikananda Murari, the chief disciple of Syamananda Gosvami
- The atheist Kapila is a descendant of the dynasty of Agni and is one of the conditioned souls
- The bamboo trees standing by the banks of the rivers & the lakes were also happy to see their descendant so engaged in the service of the Lord, just as persons who are advanced in transcendental knowledge take pleasure in seeing their descendants engaged
- The bedrooms were all bedecked with jewels, and the floors were mosaic pavements of marakata jewels. The Visnu Deity, worshiped by the descendants of Yadu, was installed in each house in the city
- The brahmana householders, particularly, used to worship Visnu without fail, and even now the descendants of those brahmanas continue to worship Visnu daily as their family Deity
- The brahmanas who profess Gautama-gotra are generally family descendants, and the ksatriyas and vaisyas who profess Gautama-gotra are all in the line of his disciplic succession
- The city of Dvaraka was well protected by the descendants of Vrsni, who were as powerful as the Lord, insofar as He manifested His strength upon this earth
- The descendants of Irreligion and Falsity, born one after another, are Bluffing, Cheating, Greed, Cunning, Anger, Envy, Quarrel, Harsh Speech, Death, Fear, Severe Pain and Hell
- The descendants of the kingly orders are definitely designated as watchdogs, and they must keep themselves at the door. On what grounds can dogs enter the house and claim to dine with the master on the same plate?
- The embryo of Puru's descendant begotten by the great hero Abhimanyu in the womb of Uttara, his wife, was burnt by the weapon of the son of Drona, but later he was again protected by the Lord
- The Lord gives special protection to the family members and descendants of a devotee, even though such members are themselves nondevotees
- The material body of the indestructible, immeasurable and eternal living entity is sure to come to an end; therefore, fight, O descendant of Bharata
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "O (Krsna) descendant of the Yadu dynasty, please give up all the symbols of Vasudeva, which You have falsely assumed. And after giving up this position, come and surrender unto me"
- The planetary system below Talatala is known as Mahatala. It is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- The princes (of the Yadu dynasty) were cursed in order that one may know that even the descendants of the Lord, who could never be vanquished by any act of material nature, were subjected to the reactions of anger by great devotees of the Lord
- The sages decided that the descendants of the family of the saintly King Anga should not be stopped, for in this family the semen was very powerful and the children were prone to become devotees of the Lord
- The sages said, "O descendant of the Dasarha family, we all request You (Balarama) to kill this demon. We think that if You kindly kill him, that will be Your atonement on our behalf"
- The second son of Advaita Acarya, Krsna Misra, had two sons, Raghunatha Cakravarti and Dola-govinda. The descendants of Raghunatha still live in Santipura, in the neighborhoods of Madana-gopala-pada, Ganakara, Mrjapura and Kumarakhali
- The so-called devotees or followers of Rudra are also a menace. They are sometimes dangerous even to Rudra himself. Descendants of Rudra sometimes make plans to kill Rudra - by the grace of Rudra. That is the nature of his devotees
- The surabhi cow said, "Although Indra tried his best to kill my descendant cows in Vrndavana, they remained under Your (Krsna's) shelter, and You have protected them all so well"
- The twelfth generation of Vidyapati's descendants is still living
- The untrained descendants of the twice-born families are no more like their forefathers, and thus they are counted amongst the sudras, or once-born men
- The wife of Hiranyakasipu was known as Kayadhu. She was the daughter of Jambha and a descendant of Danu. She gave birth to four consecutive sons, known as Samhlada, Anuhlada, Hlada and Prahlada. The sister of these four sons was known as Simhika
- The word askhalita indicates that orders by the king could not be disobeyed by anyone in the entire world. Such orders, however, were never issued to control saintly persons or the descendants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- The wretched descendants of the higher three classes, are unfit by intelligence to understand transcendental subject matter concerning the spiritual name, fame, attributes, forms, etc., of the Supreme Absolute Truth
- There is not a single Hindu in India who is not more or less Krishna Conscious. So far descendants are concerned, material nature is so strong that she does not allow anything to go on steadily
- This is proof that such people are descendants of monkeys, as confirmed by Darwin. In this verse it is therefore clearly stated: yatha vanara jateu
- This narration (the Srimad-Bhagavtam) has dealt with the descendants of Lord Brahma from Manu's daughter Prasuti. Prasuti's daughter was Daksayani, or Sati, in relation to whom the story of the Daksa yajna was narrated
- To distinguish themselves clearly from the Tattva-vadi branch of Madhva's descendants, the Vaisnavas of Bengal prefer to call themselves Gaudiya Vaisnavas
- To the yogis present, He (Krsna) appeared to be the Supersoul. To the members of the Vrsni dynasty He appeared to be the most celebrated descendant
- Unfortunately, the descendants of Kasisvara Gosani's brother have sold a major portion of this land (in Vallabhapura), and therefore the Deity worship has now been hampered
- Unless this purificatory process (garbhadhana-samskara) is strictly observed, especially by the brahmanas, the family descendants become impure, and gradually sinful activities become visible in the family
- We are creating the descendants of Gosvamis here in the Western countries
- When Mucukunda, the celebrated descendant of the Iksvaku dynasty, was favored by Lord Krsna, he circumambulated the Lord within the cave and then came out
- When one comes to Krsna consciousness he immediately becomes one of the Acyuta-gotra, or descendants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus becomes transcendental to all considerations of caste, creed, color and nationality
- When there is need of fire in the forest, by the will of the Supreme it takes place due to friction among the bamboos. Similarly, the descendants of Yadu were all destroyed by the will of the Lord by the process of self-destruction
- Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion - at that time I descend Myself
- Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion - at that time I descend Myself (BG 4.7)