Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
relations | relatives | relative's | relative
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Relatives"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- A devotee may construct a temple for the Lord, and for that he may take all kinds of anxiety, but he does not construct a big house for his personal relations
- A grhastha is a person who lives with family, wife, children and relatives but has no attachment for them
- According to Yajnavalkya's religious injunctions, a woman whose husband is away from home should not take part in any social functions, should not decorate her body, should not laugh and should not go to any relative's house in any circumstance
- After taking Their supper, Krsna and Balarama came to bid goodnight to Akrura and asked him how Kamsa was dealing with Their friends and relatives. Krsna then inquired into Kamsa’s plans
- All of the relatives of King Bhismaka decided that Rukmini should be given in marriage to Krsna. But her elder brother Rukmi, despite the desire of the others, arranged for her marriage with Sisupala
- Arjuna worshiped the Lord by fighting with his so-called relatives, and in this way he became a pure devotee of the Lord. Such accomplishments are possible only when one worships the real Krsna and not some fabricated "Krsna" invented by foolish men
- Aside from the government and its income tax and aside from thieves, even a rich man's own relatives are always thinking of how to take advantage of him and take away his money
- At that time, the brahmana Srutadeva and his wife, children and other relatives appeared there to render service to the distinguished guests. While touching the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the brahmana began to speak
- Because it is the world of duality. There must be something dual, black-white, darkness-light, sukha, happiness-distress, father-son. There must be. This is called relative world
- Being engaged in receiving all the friends, relatives and residents of Vrndavana on that holy occasion, she forgot to feed the child (Krsna) milk. He was crying, being hungry, but mother Yasoda could not hear Him cry because of the various noises
- Both the Kauravas and the Yadavas were relatives of Vidura, and Vidura heard of their extinction due to fratricidal war
- Dancing girl, when she was on the stage, she saw that her relatives are there as visitors. So she began to draw the veil. So this is not required. You are a dancing girl. Now you have to dance. You cannot be shy. You must freely dance. That is your duty
- Death means we are in the cycle of birth and death. It is the duty of the father and mother, the duty of the guru, the duty of the relative, to save one another from the cycle of birth and death
- First of all, King Yudhisthira, along with his brothers, wives, children, other relatives and ministers, washed the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and sprinkled the water on their heads
- Forgetting his prime duty, he (Arjuna) wanted to cease fighting, because he thought that by not killing his relatives and kinsmen he would be happier than by enjoying the kingdom after conquering his cousins and brothers, the sons of Dhrtarastra
- Having lamented over them (the dead relatives) and sufficiently offered Ganges water, they (the Pandavas, with Draupadi) bathed in the Ganges, whose water is sanctified due to being mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord
- He (a brahmana) should offer oblations to the relatives of the forefathers during the mahalaya ceremonies in the month of Asvina
- He (Garga Muni) informed Nanda Maharaja that the son of Rohini would be very pleasing to His family members and relatives and therefore would be called Rama. In the future He would be extraordinarily strong and therefore would be called Baladeva
- He (Yudhisthira) constantly worshiped his friends, his family members, his relatives, his well-wishers and everyone present, and because he was a Vaisnava, a great devotee of Lord Narayana, he knew how to treat everyone well
- If one is hurt by the arrows of an enemy, one is not as aggrieved as when cut by the unkind words of a relative, for such grief continues to rend one's heart day and night
- If the Supreme Lord gives one protection, even though one has no protector and is in the jungle, one remains alive, whereas a person well protected at home by relatives and others sometimes dies, no one being able to protect him
- Imminent death does not mean motor accident. Imminent death means we are in the cycle of birth and death. It is the duty of the father and mother, the duty of the guru, the duty of the relative, to save one another from the cycle of birth and death
- In both ways (by not killing his (Arjuna's) relatives and kinsmen he would be happier than by enjoying the kingdom after conquering his cousins and brothers, the sons of Dhrtarastra), the basic principles were for sense gratification
- Kalidasa, one of the relative, uncle, of Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, he was also very great Vaisnava, maha-bhagavata. His business was to eat the remnants of foodstuff left by Vaisnava
- King Indra used his thunderbolt to cut off the heads of both Bala and Paka in the presence of all their relatives and followers. In this way he created a very fearful atmosphere on the battlefield
- Krsna consulted many learned astrologers to find the suitable moment at which to marry Kalindi, and then He married her with great pomp. This marriage ceremony gave much pleasure to the relatives of both parties, and all of them enjoyed the great occasion
- Krsna is a thunderbolt to the wrestlers; to the common man He is the most beautiful human being; to the young girls He is just like Cupid; to the cowherd men and women He is the most intimate relative and to the impious kings He is the supreme ruler
- Krsna said: "O My beloved gopis, you have renounced social customs, scriptural injunctions and your relatives for My sake. I disappeared behind you only to increase your concentration upon Me"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Your coming here to see Me, neglecting all the restrictions and hindrances of relatives, fathers, brothers and husbands, is completely befitting"
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, acted as the supreme friend and relative of the Pandavas, and sometimes He even acted as their servant by carrying a letter from the Pandavas to Dhrtarastra and Duryodhana
- Kuntidevi continued, "My dear brother (Vasudeva), I can understand that when providence goes against someone, even one’s nearest relatives forget him"
- On the battlefield Arjuna could see all kinds of relatives. He could see brothers like Duryodhana, sons like Laksmana, friends like Asvatthama, well-wishers like Krtavarma, etc. He could see also the armies which contained many of his friends
- On the battlefield Arjuna could see all kinds of relatives. He could see persons like Bhurisrava, who were his father's contemporaries, grandfathers Bhisma and Somadatta, teachers like Dronacarya and Krpacarya, maternal uncles like Salya and Sakuni etc
- One boy, he went out of home and mixed with yogis for several years. Then, after some time, he came to his village, and all the friends and relatives gathered: "Oh, you have been so many years with yogis. What you have learned?"
- One should not become father or mother if he cannot do so. In this way, no friend, no relatives, no father, no..., if one cannot teach his other party how to save from the clutches of death
- Sati said to Lord Siva: I think that all my sisters must have gone to this great sacrificial ceremony (of Daksa) with their husbands just to see their relatives
- Since death must take away the living entity without hesitation, it is the ultimate God realization of the atheists, who spoil their lives thinking of country, society and relatives, to the neglect of God consciousness
- Since pure devotees give up their homes, wives, children, relatives, riches and even their lives simply to serve Me, without any desire for material improvement in this life or in the next, how can I (Krsna) give up such devotees at any time
- Srila Jiva Gosvami states that the news (that all his relatives had died) was shocking to Vidura, who therefore inquired again (to Uddhava) due to great curiosity. Thus his inquiry was psychological and not practical
- The body and its possessions, its riches and relatives, must all be engaged for the benefit of others, or else they will be sources of tribulation and misery
- The demoniac person thinks: "He is my enemy, and I have killed him, and my other enemies will also be killed. I am the lord of everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives"
- The devotee then becomes doubly unhappy." First of all the devotee becomes unhappy because his riches have been taken away by Krsna, and he is made even more unhappy when his relatives desert him because of his poverty
- The first-class example is the gopis. They gave up everything. Their family, their relatives, their husband, their sons, their father, their prestige, their honor - everything sacrificed, simply for Krsna. That is the highest perfection
- The gopis said, "We gopis of Vrndavana, having left our homes, friends and relatives, have become Krsna’s maidservants, but He is neglecting us and going away"
- The gopis suffered their relatives' punishment and scolding, all for the sake of serving Lord Krsna. They render loving service to Him for the sake of His enjoyment
- The highest perfection of life is for a father, mother, spiritual master, husband or any other family member to help others return home, back to Godhead. That is the most preferred welfare activity for the benefit of relatives
- The Lord expertly removes the shroud of illusion for the neophyte devotee by depriving him of his material assets, and thus the devotee finds himself alone in the midst of his so-called relatives
- The mother and other relatives are awaiting the child, and as soon as he is born, the mother feeds him, and everyone takes care of him. The living entity soon forgets his position and becomes entangled in bodily relationships
- The relatives of the Lord are His devotees only, and they are situated in different transcendental mellows as friends, parents, and lovers
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The whole instruction to Arjuna is that Arjuna wanted to satisfy his senses, his senses. He wanted that, that by not fighting with the opposite party, who were composed of his relatives, brothers and brother-in-laws and father-in-laws
- They (members of the yadu dynasty) selected resting places underneath big shady trees, and when they had taken sufficient rest, they prepared to receive visitors, among whom were relatives and friends, as well as many subordinate kings and rulers
- This is one side, that if you want to please Krsna, then you have to be prepared for killing your so-called relatives. If you want Krsna. If you want to please Krsna
- Those who are overly attracted to their life situation are forced to remain in a ghostly body and are not allowed to accept another gross body. Even in the body of a ghost, they create disturbances for neighbors and relatives
- Thus the man, who engaged with uncontrolled senses in maintaining a family, dies in great grief, seeing his relatives crying. He dies most pathetically, in great pain and without consciousness
- To accumulate material possessions, one must labor very hard, and when he gets them he creates many enemies because this material world is always full of rivalry. If one becomes rich, his friends or relatives are envious
- Vasudeva continued to say that the maintenance of religious principles, economic development and the satisfactory execution of meeting the demands of the senses depend on cooperation among relatives, nations and all humanity
- Vasudeva knew very well that he could not by force rescue Devaki from the imminent danger. Devaki was actually the daughter of Kamsa's uncle, and therefore she is described as suhrt, meaning "relative"
- Vidura asked Uddhava about the welfare of his relatives, although he already knew that they were no longer in the world. This inquiry appears to be very queer
- We get this chance, & if we are not educated by our teachers, by our fathers, by our leaders, by our government men, by our gurus, by our relatives, how to accept the lotus feet of Krsna, who is canvassing, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
- We should try to keep our friendship with everyone in the world, but we cannot sacrifice the principles of Krishna Consciousness on being employed by some relative of this world
- When Arjuna was little disturbed... Because this battle was arranged between two parties of cousin-brothers... And when Arjuna saw the other party, all his relatives, family members, so he hesitated to fight, and there was some argument
- When Kamsa was killing the six babies of Devaki and Vasudeva one after another, many friends and relatives of Kamsa approached him and requested him to discontinue these heinous activities. But all of them became worshipers of Kamsa
- When King Puranjana saw that all his family members, relatives, followers, servants, secretaries and everyone else had turned against him, he certainly became very anxious
- When Narada Muni learned that Jambhasura had been killed, he informed Jambhasura's relatives Namuci, Bala and Paka, who then went to the battlefield and attacked the demigods
- When one takes to Krsna consciousness, one always hears unpalatable words from relatives. This is the nature of the world; one cannot avoid mental distress due to the backbiting of envious people
- When the devotee becomes a penniless pauper or is put into a comparatively poverty-stricken position, his relatives and family members no longer take interest in him, and in most cases they give up their connection with him
- While Subhadra was thus being kidnapped by Arjuna, her relatives and family members began to cry, but still he took her, just as a lion takes his prey and departs