Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
benedict | benedicted | benedicting | benediction | benedictions | benedictor | benedictors | benedictory | benedicts
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Benediction"
The following 259 pages are in this category, out of 259 total.
- A devotee does not create enmity with anyone, but if someone becomes his enemy, that person will be vanquished by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, despite whatever benedictions he may have received from other sources
- A devotee does not worship Visnu or Lord Krsna for any benediction
- A devotee is confident that whatever he offers to the Deity in full devotional service is accepted by the Lord (Krsna), but a demon wants to see his worshipable deity face to face so that he can directly take the benediction
- A devotee's duty is to ungrudgingly accept tribulations from the Lord as a benediction
- A pure devotee does not ask benedictions directly from the demigods. His only business is to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Thus he is never in need of those things supplied by the demigods
- A pure devotee never asks for any kind of material or spiritual benediction from the Lord; his only prayer is that he may not forget the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) in any condition of life
- A responsible king was always approachable by his citizens. Generally the citizens, great and common, all had an aspiration to see the king and take benediction from him
- A saintly person or devotee is free to offer benedictions to everyone, whereas the demigods can offer benedictions only after being worshiped
- A servant who desires material profits from his master is not a qualified servant or pure devotee. Similarly, a master who bestows benedictions upon his servant because of a desire to maintain a prestigious position as master is also not a pure master
- Abhiseka function was especially observed at the house of Srivasa. All the devotees, according to their means, worshiped the Lord (Caitanya) with all kinds of paraphernalia, and the Lord gave benedictions to each devotee according to his desire
- Actually, everyone is trying to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead in various ways, but according to their methods of approach, the Supreme Lord endows them with different benedictions
- Actually, this chanting of Om is also a bona fide form of meditation, but as we learn from Vedic literature and from Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the chanting of Hare Krishna is the prime benediction for this age
- Addressing Mucukunda, the demigod requested him to ask any benediction he might be pleased with, except the benediction of liberation
- Although Agastya Muni cursed Maharaja Indradyumna to become an elephant (Gajendra), the curse was indirectly a benediction, for by undergoing one life as an elephant, Indradyumna Maharaja ended the reactions for all the sins of his previous life
- Although Lord Siva sometimes very liberally gives such benedictions to his devotees, the difficulty is that the demons, being very cunning, sometimes want to experiment improperly with such benedictions
- Although the benediction asked was not very commendable because the devotee wanted to kill his enemy, Lord Siva considered the devotee's good quality in worshiping and satisfying him and granted the benediction
- Although Vrkasura continued his sacrifice for six days, he was unable to personally see Lord Siva, which was his objective; he wanted to see him face to face and ask him for a benediction
- Anyone who distributes these transcendental literatures, he is also benefitted. Therefore sankirtana is the prime benediction for the age
- As for the benedictions given by demigods like Lord Siva, there is the following historical incident cited by great sages
- As you are a very nice, good soul, Krishna will certainly bless you with all benedictions. It doesn't matter whether or not you remain in this part of the world or in India
- At that time there is an awakening of natural affection, such as is felt by a son who grows up and begins to appreciate his father's benedictions. At this stage the living entity wants to serve the Supreme Lord instead of serving maya, illusion
- Banasura's fighting with Krsna and later being saved by the grace of Lord Siva is confirmation of the statement in the Bhagavad-gita that the worshipers of demigods cannot achieve any benediction without its being sanctioned by the Supreme Lord, Krsna
- Because a particular living entity wants to enjoy a particular material facility, the Lord inspires him with a strong desire to achieve that benediction from that particular demigod, and so he successfully receives the benediction
- Because his consciousness is not very developed, the child can tolerate it, otherwise he would die. That is the benediction of maya, who endows the suffering body with the qualifications for tolerating such terrible tortures
- Because of her (the wife of a brahmana) strong determination to serve her husband, the three deities - namely Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara - were very happy, and they gave her the benediction that her husband would be cured and brought back to life
- Because of Varuna's benediction, Hariscandra begot a son named Rohita
- Being insulted, Jayadratha went to Gangotri in the Himalayas and undertook a severe type of penance to please Lord Siva. He asked his benediction to defeat all the Pandavas, at least one at a time
- Being the servant of the servants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the highest benediction one can desire
- Both Narada and Parvata were once in trouble with the daughter of Maharaja Srnjaya. Maharaja Srnjaya got the benediction of a son by Parvata Muni
- Brahma said, "Although I know that You are the supreme source of all benediction, I am puzzled to know how You will be able to repay all the service that You are receiving from these residents of Vrndavana"
- By Lord Narayana's sweet words and by the expansion of His superior illusion, the demon (Vrkasura) became bewildered, and he actually forgot the power of Lord Siva and his benediction
- By the mercy of the spiritual master one is benedicted by the mercy of Krsna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. A disciple should never be a hypocrite or be unfaithful to his spiritual master
- By the worship of Sudaksina, Lord Siva was very much pleased, and he wanted to give a benediction to his devotee. Sudaksina's purpose was to kill Krsna, and therefore he prayed for a specific power by which to kill Him
- Conditioned souls are generally bereft of intelligence because of profound desires for sense gratification. They do not know what benedictions to ask
- Confidential devotees of the Lord see in every step a benedictory direction of the Lord. What is considered to be an odd or difficult moment in the mundane sense is accepted as special mercy of the Lord
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We are so indebted to you that even if we were to return your benediction by giving you the opulence of the King of heaven, it would not be enough to repay you for your friendly behavior"
- Devotees endure hindrances, accepting them to be caused by the Supreme Personality of Godhead and regarding them as benedictions. Demons, however, being unable to understand the supreme controller, regard such hindrances as accidental
- Dronacarya had some political quarrel with King Drupada, the father of Draupadi, who was Arjuna's wife. As a result of this quarrel, Drupada performed a great sacrifice, by which he received the benediction of having a son who would be able to kill Drona
- Due to this benediction from His teacher, Lord Krsna's Bhagavad-gita is ever-increasingly fresh and is renowned not only within this universe but in other planets and other universes also
- During the month of Karttika, Damodara is prayed to as follows, "My dear Lord, You are the Lord of all, the giver of all benedictions"
- Even a person with no knowledge can immediately acquire all knowledge simply by the benediction of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Therefore I (Krsnadas Kaviraja Gosvami) am praying to the Lord for His causeless mercy upon me
- Even pure (niskama) devotees pray for some benediction
- Every living entity, especially persons in the human race, must feel grateful for the benedictions offered by the grace of the Supreme Lord
- Everyone knew that Arjuna was a great warrior. Even Dronacarya gave him benedictions and awarded him the special weapon by which he could kill even his teacher
- Generally those who are very fond of material prosperity approach Lord Siva for such benediction
- Generally, people worship goddess Durga for some material benediction. Here, the gopis prayed to the goddess to become wives of Lord Krsna
- Great saintly personalities, sages & demigods are able to offer benedictions to ordinary living entities, but they in turn are benedicted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Without being benedicted by Krsna, one can't offer benediction to anyone else
- Haridasa Thakura also spoke with a young woman, a prostitute, in the dead of night, but the woman could not deviate his mind. Instead, she became a Vaisnavi, a pure devotee, by the benediction of Haridasa Thakura
- Hayasirsa Purana states, "I simply pray to be an eternal servant at Your lotus feet. Kindly oblige me and give me this benediction"
- Hayasirsa Purana states, "My dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, I do not want any resultant benediction from my religious life, nor do I want any economic development, nor do I want to enjoy sense gratification, nor liberation"
- He (Garga Muni) pleased Lord Siva and received from him the benediction of a son. He begot this son, Kalayavana, in the wife of a Yavana king. This Kalayavana inquired from Narada, "Who are the most powerful kings in the world"
- He (Hiranyakasipu) then asked Brahma for the benediction of becoming amara, by which one does not die. Brahma said that he could not award the benediction because even he, the material creator who rules all planets, is not amara
- He (Mucukunda) replied as follows, "My dear Karttikeya, best of the demigods, I want to sleep now, and I want from you the following benediction"
- He (Prahlada Maharaja) did not ask any benediction that he might have asked, but he prayed that his atheistic father might be liberated. He never cursed any of the persons who engaged in torturing him at the instigation of his father
- He (Salva) desired that the airplane be able to fly anywhere and everywhere he would like to pilot it, and be specifically very dangerous and fearful to the dynasty of the Yadus. Lord Siva immediately agreed to give him the benediction
- He (Vrkasura) immediately decided to place his hand on the head of Lord Siva. Thus Lord Siva was put into an awkward position because he was endangered by his own benediction to a demon
- He could then lead the king to the mountain where Mucukunda was lying asleep. Mucukunda had received a benediction from Lord Siva to the effect that when he awoke from his sleep, whomever he might see would at once be burnt to ashes
- Here are many instances where a dog got salvation by association with a sadhu, because a sadhu engages in the highest philanthropic activities for the benediction of all living entities
- Hiranyakasipu underwent severe austerity and penance to satisfy Brahma and thus receive a benediction of immortality
- Hiranyakasipu was afraid of being killed by someone else in another land. There are many other planets, higher and lower, and therefore he prayed for the benediction of not being killed by any resident of any of these planets
- I (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) wish you good luck. O Brahma, you may ask from Me, the giver of all benediction, all that you may desire. You may know that the ultimate benediction, as the result of all penances, is to see Me by realization
- I am glad that you are prosecuting the regularly and that will make you happy in the world both in this life and in the next. Make Kirtana your life and soul and He will give you all benediction
- I am now prepared to give you all benedictions, according to your desire. I belong to the celestial world of demigods, who do not die like human beings. Therefore, although you are subject to death, your audience with me will not go in vain
- I am sure that Lord Caitanya will benedict you, and that this will be a great success for Krsna Consciousness in Denver
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Krsna Caitanya and Lord Nityananda, who are like the sun and moon. They have arisen simultaneously on the horizon of Gauda to dissipate the darkness of ignorance and thus wonderfully bestow benediction upon all
- I therefore worship the lotus feet of these six diversities of the one truth by invoking their benedictions
- If Dhruva Maharaja wanted, he could ask him that "Give me all the money of the universe." He could give. But what did he ask? He said, "Sir, give me benediction that I may remain attached to the lotus feet of Krsna"
- If one is fixed in the service of the lotus feet of the Lord, there is unlimited transcendental bliss, and as such there is no need to ask for further benediction
- If one wants a beautiful wife, he is advised to worship Uma, or goddess Durga. If one wants to be cured of a disease, he is advised to worship the sun-god. All requests for benedictions from the demigods, however, are due to material lust
- If one wants material happiness like the King of heaven, he can derive that benediction from the hand of Krsna; if one wants liberation from the pangs of material existence, he can also get that benediction from the hand of Krsna
- If we depend on the choice of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we will receive benedictions in greater opulence than we desire
- If we take up that causeless Mercy a little seriously than further causeless Mercies are bestowed one after another unceasingly. Krishna is more anxious to bestow His benediction upon us than we are ready to take it
- If you can remember to always remember Krishna and the instructions of your Spiritual Master than surely this will bring the highest benediction to yourself and to those with whom you come into contact
- In Nalakuvara & Manigriva's previous lives they were cursed by the great sage Narada in order to receive the highest benediction of seeing Lord Krsna. This benediction-curse was bestowed upon them because of their forgetfulness due to intoxication
- In other words, even a common man, simply by visiting such a temple, will be able to attain the highest benedictions, not to mention the devotees who are constantly engaged in the service of the Lord in full Krsna consciousness
- In other words, the curse of Narada was a benediction to the sons of Kuvera because indirectly it was foretold that they would be able to receive the favor of Lord Krsna
- In return for Indra's benediction that their branches and twigs would grow back when trimmed, the trees accepted one fourth of the reactions for killing
- In return for this benediction, water accepted one fourth of Indra's sinful reactions. These sinful reactions are visible in foam and bubbles. Therefore one should avoid foam and bubbles while collecting drinking water
- In spite of having You (God), who are like a desire tree and are the cause of liberation from birth and death, foolish persons, such as me (Dhruva), desire benedictions from You for sense gratification
- In the Age of Kali there are many faults, for people are subjected to many miserable conditions, yet in this age there is one great benediction - simply by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one can be freed from all material contamination
- In the beginning of this narration, simply by remembering the spiritual master, the devotees of the Lord, and the Personality of Godhead, I have invoked their benedictions
- In the human form of life the father and mother can award their son the greatest benediction by teaching him to become a devotee
- In the same Hayasirsa Purana, after Nrsimhadeva wanted to give benediction to Prahlada Maharaj, Prahlada did not accept any material benediction and simply asked the favor of the Lord to remain His eternal devotee
- In their (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) previous lives they were cursed by the great sage Narada in order to receive the highest benediction of seeing Lord Krsna
- Indra, King of heaven, receiving benedictions from the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus enjoying highly developed opulences, maintains the living entities all over the three worlds by pouring sufficient rain on all the planets
- Isvara Puri and Ramacandra Puri, are examples of the objects of a great personality's benediction and punishment. Madhavendra Puri instructed the entire world by presenting these two examples
- It does not matter how and where one has taken his birth. Krsna will bestow His benediction upon anyone who takes to Krsna consciousness, without any doubt
- It is also stated in the Bhagavad-gita that the less intelligent want to achieve material benefits and therefore worship different kinds of demigods, but they actually get the benedictions from the demigods through the permission of Visnu, or Krsna
- Just as the devotees are always eager to render service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord is also very eager to bestow benediction upon the pure devotees
- Just to fulfill the benediction of Lord Brahma, Lord Krsna appeared along with His plenary expansion, Balarama, and performed all kinds of childhood pastimes in order to increase the transcendental pleasure of all the residents of Vrndavana
- Kardama Muni could have asked his benediction from Uma, for it is recommended in the scriptures that if anyone wants a good wife, he should worship Uma. But he preferred to worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- King Huhu was very sorry when cursed in that way (to become a crocodile), and he begged pardon from the sage (Devala Rsi), who in compassion gave him the benediction that he would be freed when Gajendra was delivered by the Personality of Godhead
- King Kulasekhara addresses the Lord as Varada, "the bestower of benedictions," because it is He alone who can deliver to us the actual substance - spiritual bliss
- King Mucukunda had not slept for many, many years. He was engaged in the duty of fighting, and therefore he was very tired. So when the demigod offered a benediction, Mucukunda simply thought of sleeping
- King Nrga said, "I pray that I may have the benediction of never forgetting Your (Krsna's) lotus feet, no matter to which form of life or planet I may be transferred"
- Krsna continued, "People worship the demigods when in need of some sense gratification, the demigods offer benedictions to their devotees after being worshiped. A devotee like you, Akrura, is always ready to offer people the greatest benediction"
- Krsna is the supreme bestower of all kinds of liberation to His devotees, but the benediction which was bestowed upon mother Yasoda was never experienced even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva or the goddess of fortune
- Krsna replied, "My dear kings," He said, "I bestow upon you My blessings. From this day forth you will be attached to My devotional service without fail. I give you this benediction, as you have desired"
- Krsna-bhakti is not the monopoly of a certain caste. Everyone is eligible to receive this great benediction given by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Laksmi has not been very favorably disposed toward the brahmanas, and therefore, because the goddess of fortune withholds her benedictions from them, the brahmanas are generally very poor
- Laksmidevi shows compassion toward women who worship the Lord for the benediction of possessing a good husband. Although such women desire to be happy with children, wealth, a long duration of life and everything dear to them, they cannot possibly do so
- Living entities who are wandering within this universe in different species of life can very easily achieve the greatest benediction only by Your mercy.”
- Lord Balarama then implored all the sages and brahmanas that aside from the benediction offered to the son of Romaharsana, they should ask from Him any other benediction, and He would be prepared to fulfill it immediately
- Lord Brahma agreed to give them the benediction, and as a result the same Drona appeared as Nanda Maharaja in Vrndavana, and the same Dhara appeared as mother Yasoda, the wife of Nanda Maharaja
- Lord Brahma said: The Lord, who is supreme and is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes
- Lord Caitanya therefore taught us not to ask from the Supreme Personality any benediction such as material wealth, popularity or a good wife. One should simply pray to the Lord to be constantly engaged in His transcendental loving service
- Lord Krsna replied, "I gave a benediction to King Prahlada that the demons who would appear in his family would never be killed by Me. Therefore, without killing this Banasura, I have simply cut off his arms to deprive him of his false prestige"
- Lord Ramacandra gave them the benediction that their desires would be fulfilled when He would appear as Krsna. Therefore the desire of the gopis to enjoy the appearance of Lord Krsna was long cherished
- Lord Siva realized that his benediction had become troublesome for Banasura and addressed him, "You rascal! You are very eager to fight, but since you have no one to fight with, you are distressed"
- Lord Siva says to Devi, "My dear Devi, this great brahmana sage Markandeya has attained unflinching faith and devotion unto the S P of Godhead, and as such he does not aspire after any benedictions, including liberation from the material world"
- Lord Siva told the demon, "My dear Vrkasura, you do not need to cut off your head. You may ask from me any benediction you like, and I shall fulfill your desire"
- Lord Sri Krsna has therefore stated in the Bhagavad-gita that to take blessings from the demigods is less intelligent because when one takes benedictions from the demigods the results of such benedictions are temporary
- Lord Visnu does not give a devotee benedictions that will create a further demand for benedictions
- Lord Visnu is very considerate. Whenever a devotee wants something from Lord Visnu, Lord Visnu first considers whether such a benediction will ultimately be good for the devotee
- Lord Visnu never bestows any benediction which will ultimately prove disastrous to the devotee
- Maharaja Dasaratha had three wives. One of them, Kaikeyi, served him very pleasingly, and he therefore wanted to give her a benediction
- Make Kirtana your life and soul and He will give you all benediction
- Mayavadi philosophers who are serious about attaining benediction should engage in the devotional service of Krsna, but instead they take pleasure in useless argument only
- Mucukunda continued, "I do not think any sane man would ask such a benediction from You. I therefore surrender unto You because You are the S P of Godhead, You are the Supersoul living in everyone’s heart, and You are the impersonal Brahman effulgence"
- Mucukunda replied as follows, "Grant me the power to burn to ashes, by my mere glance, anyone who disturbs my sleeping and awakens me untimely. Please give me this benediction"
- My (Brahma's) dear son (Rudra), you had better situate yourself in penance, which is auspicious for all living entities and which will bring all benediction upon you. By penance only shall you be able to create the universe as it was before
- My dear King, when a man persecutes great souls, all his benedictions of longevity, beauty, fame, religion, blessings and promotion to higher planets will be destroyed
- My dear Lord, kindly bestow this benediction as a result of whatever service I have rendered unto You from my childhood
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, cause the birth and death as well as the liberation of the living entities, and You are full with all Your plenary expansions. You can bestow on everyone all kinds of benedictions
- Nanda Maharaja began to think of himself as the most fortunate person, and he was very satisfied to receive such a benediction in this way
- Narayana said, "If the benediction proves false, then you (Vrkasura) can at once kill this liar, Lord Siva, so that in the future he will not dare give out false benedictions"
- Never expect any good from the so called society, friendship and love. Only Krishna is the genuine friend of all living beings and it is He only who can give us all benediction
- Nrsimha-deva wanted to give him benediction, blessings, "Whatever you like." He refused, he said "I'm not a mercantile devotee that I'll get some benefit from You, but first benediction I want that let me engage in service of Your servant, Narada Muni"
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- O supreme unconquerable Lord (Kamadeva), when they become absorbed in thoughts of material enjoyment, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, as well as other demigods and demons, undergo severe penances and austerities to receive my (Laksmi's) benedictions
- On receiving the benediction from the Lord to become His father and mother, Prsni and Sutapa retired from the activities of austerity and lived as husband and wife in order to beget a child who was the Supreme Lord Himself
- On the strength of the benediction of Karttikeya, Mucukunda burned Kalayavana to ashes simply by glancing at him. When the incident was over, Krsna came before King Mucukunda
- One can elevate oneself simply by Your grace, so also by Your direction alone one may be lost to all benedictions under the influence of eternal time. Therefore I (Rukmini) have selected You as my husband, brushing aside personalities like Brahma & Indra
- One cannot be freed from maya's clutches without sadhu-sanga, the benediction of a great devotee
- One should know with certainty that Krsna had no personal interest in whatever He did for the benediction of the gopis
- One should know with certainty that Krsna had no personal interest in whatever He did for the benediction of the gopis. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, na mam karmani limpanti: (BG 4.14) Krsna never enjoys or suffers the results of His activities
- One who becomes a devotee, free from material desires and motives, regards all opportunities, both material and spiritual, as benedictions from the Lord, and in this way his service to the Lord is never hampered
- One who has materialistic motivations cannot become a servant, and one who unnecessarily bestows benedictions upon his servant to keep his own prestigious position is not a real master
- Only Kamsa was morose; he neither clapped nor offered benediction to Krsna. Kamsa resented that the trumpets and drums should be played for Krsna's victory, and he was very sorry that the wrestlers had been killed and had fled the assembly
- Our movement is very genuine, scientific and benedictory. Only the first class intelligent class of men can understand the value of this movement
- Out of compassion and sympathy, Lord Siva prepared to give him (Vrkasura) any benediction he liked
- Parents never take seriously the offenses of their children. I therefore beg Your pardon and ask for Your benediction
- Patience is required for the successful discharges of Krsna conscious duties. Krsna is pleased to award benediction upon the aspiring devotee engaged in His service with patience determination and regularity
- Persons constantly thinking of the eternal form of the Lord in the shape of the Deity or in the shape of a mental form are awarded the transcendental benediction of entering into the kingdom of God and associating with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Please note that every farthing of this money will be employed in the service of the Lord, and the Lord is so kind and grateful that He will bestow upon you benediction at least ten times more than that you have done for Him
- Prahlada Maharaja, when he was ordered by the Lord to take some benediction, he said that "I am not a merchant, Sir, that by giving You some service I'll take some return. Please excuse me." Nrsimha-deva was very much satisfied: "Here is a pure devotee
- Prosperity earned by one's personal endeavor also depends on the mercy of the Lord. Personal labor must be there in addition to the Lord's benediction
- Push on in your preaching work as I have shown you, remain pure, enthusiastic, and optimistic, and Krishna will favor you with all good results and benedictions
- Ramacandra had given them the benediction that they would be present for the advent of Lord Krsna and He would fulfill their desires
- Real benediction
- Regarding the personal and impersonal features of the Supreme Absolute Truth, the personal forms exhibited by the Lord in His different plenary expansions are all for the benediction of all the universes
- Rukmini desired to have Krsna for her husband and therefore prayed that the deity (Durga) be pleased with her and bless her with that benediction. Since she desired only Krsna, her worship of the demigods is not condemned
- Savitri pleased the Yamaraja, and Yamaraja, being pleased, said, "My dear girl, you'll have a very good son" - because every girl expects some son. So Yamaraja gave her the benediction that "You will have very nice son"
- Saying this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed various benedictions upon Rupa Gosvami, and taking the verse, He later showed it to Svarupa Gosvami
- She (mother Laksmiji) offers benedictions even to Lord Brahma and other living entities in this material world, yet she is transcendental to all material qualities
- She (one old woman) began to call God, "God, help me." And God came, "What you want?" "Kindly help me to get this bundle on my head." (laughter) Just see. God came to giving benediction, and she wanted to "Give this bundle again on my head"
- Simultaneously, the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) rendered service and bestowed benediction upon their transcendental sons. They took care of their children by bathing Them and dressing Them very nicely
- Since Dhruva Maharaja was blessed by the Lord, due to his transcendental qualities everyone was bound to offer him all respects and benediction, just as water, by its nature, flows downward
- Sincere souls who are engaged in the service of Lord Krishna are benedicted by the Lord by revelation
- So many departments of material enjoyment; material knowledge and material science are available, and the Lord provides for persons who want to enjoy them. The conclusion is that one should worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead for any benediction
- Sometimes, of course, it so happens that Lord Siva becomes the best benedictor in spiritual life. It is said that once a poor brahmana worshiped Lord Siva for a benediction, and Lord Siva advised the devotee to go to see Sanatana Gosvami
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in order to bestow upon human society the benediction of the science of Krsna
- Sri Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of the rasa dance, stands on the shore at Vamsivata and attracts the attention of the cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer upon us their benediction
- Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati has analyzed all kinds of benedictions available in this world, and he has clearly declared that for a pure devotee they are all of no significance
- Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "If Rupa Gosvami can understand Your mind and intentions, he must have Your Lordship's special benediction"
- Such pregnant females are exactly like the transcendentalists who, by the grace of the Supreme Lord, are bestowed with the benediction of their destinations in life
- Suniti pointed out herewith that the benediction received from the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that received from the demigods are not on an equal level
- The Absolute Personality of Godhead has neither lust nor anger, and even if there is sometimes a show of lust and anger by the Absolute, it should be considered an absolute benediction
- The asuras, or persons within the mode of ignorance, will accept such benedictions from the demigods
- The benediction of being able to approach the Lord can be achieved after many, many births, yet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has awarded this benediction to everyone, even to the fallen souls who have no heritage of anything in spiritual life
- The benediction of the Lord, bhagavat-prasada, is never to be lost. It is simply to be enjoyed. There is no question of loss. One simply gains and enjoys gaining
- The benedictions derived from demigods are appreciated only by the less intelligent class of men. Persons who derive benedictions from the demigods gradually become puffed up with material opulence and neglectful of their benefactors
- The Caitanya-caritamrta confirms that that which is accepted in this material world to be a benediction and that which is taken to be a curse are both on the same platform because they are material
- The daughter of Time (Jara) was very unfortunate. Consequently she was known as Durbhaga ("ill-fated"). However, she was once pleased with a great king, and because the king accepted her, she granted him a great benediction
- The demigod agreed and also gave him the benediction that he would be able to take complete rest. Then King Mucukunda entered the cave of the mountain
- The demigod Vidyadhara continued to speak to Krsna, "It was a great benediction for me. Had he not cursed me, I would not have assumed the body of a serpent, would not have been kicked by Your lotus feet, thus freed from all material contamination”
- The demon (Vrkasra) was very sinful, and sinful persons do not know what sort of benediction should be asked from the deity
- The demon (Vrkasura) was greatly pacified by the sweet words of Lord Narayana in the form of a brahmacari, and at last he disclosed all that had happened in regard to the benediction offered by Lord Siva
- The demon (Vrkasura), however, being very sinful, immediately decided that he would use the benediction to kill Lord Siva and take away Gauri (Parvati) for his personal enjoyment
- The demon (Vrkasura), however, wanted to become immortal by killing everyone with the touch of his hand. Lord Siva could understand this, but because he had promised, he gave him the benediction
- The difference between worshiping the Lord and worshiping the demigods is that the worshiper of the Lord also becomes eternal, whereas whatever benedictions one can get from the demigods are impermanent
- The exact words used in the Bhagavad-gita are mayaiva vihitan hi tan, which mean that the demigods can award some benediction after being authorized by the Supreme Lord
- The exact words used in this connection in the Bhagavad-gita are mayaiva vihitan hi tan. This means that without the sanction of the Supreme Lord, no demigod can award any benediction to his worshiper
- The false arguments and philosophical word jugglery of your (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) disciples are not faults of theirs. They have simply received the benediction of Mayavada philosophy
- The goddess was satisfied by the prayers of the citizens of Dvaraka, and she immediately offered them her benediction
- The gopis continued, "Whoever worships Your (Krsna) lotus feet, You without a doubt always bestow Your benedictions. So kindly be pleased with us and keep Your lotus feet on our breasts and thus relieve our present distresses"
- The gopis, for example, worshiped Katyayani, a demigoddess, but the only benediction they wanted from the goddess was to have Krsna as their husband
- The holy name of Krsna is transcendentally blissful. It bestows all spiritual benedictions, for it is Krsna Himself, the reservoir of all pleasure. Krsna's name is complete, and it is the form of all transcendental mellows
- The invocation involves three processes: defining the objective, offering benedictions and offering obeisances
- The living entity cannot worship the demigod by his own desire, nor can the demigod bestow any benediction without the supreme will. As it is said, not a blade of grass moves without the will of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Lord (Narayana) replied to the demon (Vrkasura) as follows, "I Myself cannot believe that Lord Siva has in truth given you such a benediction. As far as I know, Lord Siva is not in a sane mental condition"
- The Lord is like a desire tree. Anyone can have whatever he desires from the Lord, but people in general do not know what kind of benediction they should ask from Him
- The Lord is so kind, however, that even today persons whose brain substance is spoiled are given the benediction to become cats, dogs or hogs and enjoy material happiness from sex life and sense gratification
- The Lord offered him (Daksa) the daughter of Pancajana named Asikni, who was suitable for Maharaja Daksa to enjoy in sex. Indeed, Daksa received his name because he was very expert in sex life. After awarding this benediction, Lord Visnu disappeared
- The Lord's facial expression always indicates that He is ready to show favor and benediction to the devotees; for the nondevotees, however, He is silent
- The Lord, assumed the incarnation of half-man and half-lion (Lord Nrsimhadeva), which was beyond the imagination of a materialistic demon like Hiranyakasipu, and thus, keeping pace with the benediction of Brahmaji, the Lord killed him
- The lord, being very merciful, quickly awards all the blessings the devotee asks of him. The demons take advantage of this leniency and sometimes take benedictions from Lord Siva which can be very dangerous to others
- The mercantile community, the royal order and great sages were free to move about in order to achieve their desired benedictions. Similarly, the transcendentalists, when freed from the encagement of the material body, also achieve their desired goal
- The modernized man of Kali-yuga believes in personal endeavor and denies the benediction of the Supreme Lord
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "This apparent punishment of Kaliya is actually some benediction. We consider that Your great mercy is upon us because when You punish someone it is to be understood that the reactions of his sinful activities are eradicated"
- The offering of benedictions in the form of material profit is never auspicious for the devotee. The statements of the Vedas which offer elevation to heavenly planets in exchange for great sacrifices are simply bewildering
- The sages said, "Because You (Balarama) desired to kill him, he should not be brought to life again. At the same time, You may remember that we sages and brahmanas voluntarily gave him long life; therefore, such a benediction should not be nullified"
- The saint by whose benedictions the queens bore the child was called Candra Kausika, who foretold of the child before his father Brhadratha
- The son of Visvasaha was Maharaja Khatvanga. Maharaja Khatvanga joined the demigods in fighting the demons and was victorious, and the demigods therefore wanted to give him a benediction
- The statement of the brahmana Sudama is correct. An ordinary man who is very poor and prays to the Lord for benediction in material opulence, and who somehow or other becomes richer in material opulence, immediately forgets his obligation to the Lord
- The supply of air, light, water and all other benedictions for maintaining the body and soul of every living entity is entrusted to the demigods, who are innumerable assistants in different parts of the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The supreme benediction attained by the gopis in spite of their being born in the families of cowherd men was never attained even by the goddess of fortune herself, and certainly not by the denizens of heaven
- The Supreme Lord bestows the most merciful benediction upon human society when He appears in His human form. It is then that humanity gets the opportunity to engage in different kinds of eternal service to the Lord
- The topmost benediction for those who are living in this material world and are subjected to the repetition of birth and death (transmigration) is association with pure devotees
- The value of a moment's association with the devotee of the Lord cannot even be compared to the attainment of heavenly planets or liberation from matter, and what to speak of worldly benedictions in the form of material prosperity
- The vendor saw that her whole basket of fruit had become filled with jewels. The Lord is the bestower of all benedictions. If someone gives something to the Lord, he is not the loser; he is the gainer by a million times
- There are many demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva who sometimes offer benedictions to their respective devotees. For example, Ravana was blest with many benedictions by Lord Siva, and Hiranyakasipu was blest by Lord Brahma
- There is no sufficient means to repay the Personality of Godhead for His act of benediction; therefore, we can simply feel gratitude and pray to the Lord with folded hands
- There was a king of the name Satrajit within the jurisdiction of Dvaraka-dhama. He was a great devotee of the sun-god, who awarded him the benediction of a jewel known as Syamantaka
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) expressed their feelings with tears in their eyes due to intense attachment for Krsna. All of them desired a benediction from Uddhava. They desired to always remember the glorious activities of Krsna
- This is Vaisnava son. Prahlada did not ask anything for himself. And although he knew that his father was the greatest enemy, still, he is asking his benediction, "This poor fellow may be liberated"
- This material world is impermanent, the demigods are impermanent, and the benedictions derived from the demigods are also impermanent, whereas the living entity is eternal
- This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge
- Those who act on the basis of Vedic knowledge perform sacrifices for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu and to receive benedictions from Him. In this way they are elevated to higher planetary systems
- Those who are actually thieves and rogues do not recognize or acknowledge the benedictions offered to them by the Supreme Lord, and they cannot render Him devotional service
- Those who will offer Me the prayers composed by Lord Siva, both in the morning and in the evening, will be given benedictions by Me. In this way they can both fulfill their desires and attain good intelligence
- Though the devotees are desireless and undemanding, the Lord always sees to their requirements. The devotees are ever-joyful upon receiving such grace from the Lord, and there is no offence or sin in accepting His benedictions
- Uddhava's messages & instructions saved the gopis from immediate death, & the gopis acknowledged the benediction from Uddhava. He practically acted as the preceptor spiritual master of the gopis, & in return they worshiped him
- Uddhava's messages & instructions saved the gopis from immediate death, & the gopis acknowledged the benediction from Uddhava. He practically acted as the preceptor spiritual master of the gopis, & in return they worshiped him as they would worship Krsna
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: With a steady mind and controlled sex drive, you worshiped Me, desiring some wonderful benediction from Me. Both of you (Prsni and Sutapa) practiced severe austerities for twelve thousand years by the calculation of the demigods
- Vrkasura was searching after a benediction and trying to decide which of the three presiding deities to worship in order to get it
- We should further note in this verse the two words santam and anandam, which denote that devotional service of the Lord can really bestow upon the devotee two important benedictions, namely peace and satisfaction
- Whatever benefits they derive from the Supreme Personality of Godhead as benedictions they want to distribute to all other persons. That is the greatest of all humanitarian activities
- When a demigod worshiper comes to his senses, he can reason as follows, "The demigods can offer benedictions only after being empowered by the Supreme Lord, so why not worship the Supreme Lord directly"
- When a devotee praises the glories of the Lord, the Lord is very satisfied, and He bestows His transcendental benediction upon the devotee without reservation because He is always causelessly merciful toward His devotee
- When a man persecutes great souls, all his benedictions of longevity, beauty, fame, religion, blessings and promotion to higher planets will be destroyed
- When Krsna ordered Mucukunda to ask a benediction from Him, the King was joyful, he immediately remembered Garga Muni's prediction, who had foretold long before that in the twenty-eighth millennium of Vaivasvata Manu, Krsna would appear on this planet
- When Prahlada Maharaja was offered benediction by Nrsimha-deva, due to his great devotion and tolerance he refused to accept any benediction from the Lord, thinking that such acceptance was not befitting a sincere devotee
- When satisfied they (Brahma and Siva) give benedictions without consideration, and when angry they curse the devotee without consideration
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When the best of the Vasus, named Drona, and his wife Dhara were ordered to increase progeny by Lord Brahma, they said unto him, “Dear father, we are seeking your benediction"
- When the demon (Vrkasura) was offered this facility by Lord Siva, he asked for a fearful and abominable benediction
- When the florist was offered benedictions, he begged from the Lord that he might remain His eternal servant in devotional service and by such service do good to all living creatures
- When the rsi (Durvasa Muni) wanted to award some benediction to Duryodhana, the latter wished that he should visit the house of Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the eldest and chief among all his cousins
- When they become absorbed in thoughts of material enjoyment, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, as well as other demigods and demons, undergo severe penances and austerities to receive my (Laksmidevi) benedictions
- While the fight was going on (between Jayadratha and Arjuna) Lord Krsna reminded Arjuna that the benediction of Siva upon Jayadratha was that whoever would cause his head to fall on the ground would die at once
- Yet although Agastya Muni cursed Maharaja Indradyumna to become an elephant, the curse was indirectly a benediction, for by undergoing one life as an elephant, Indradyumna Maharaja ended the reactions for all the sins of his previous life
- You (Nrsimha-deva) offer Your benedictions according to the level of one's service, exactly as a desire tree delivers fruits according to one's desires and makes no distinction between the lower and the higher
- You are like the desire tree in the heavenly planets which awards benedictions according to one's desires. Everyone's free to achieve the highest perfection but if one does not so desire, then Your awarding of lesser benedictions is not due to partiality