Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
affair | affairs
- VedaBase query: affair or affairs not "lov* affair*"
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Affairs"
The following 212 pages are in this category, out of 212 total.
- Affairs (BG)
- Affairs (CC)
- Affairs (Conversations 1968 - 1975)
- Affairs (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- Affairs (Lectures, BG)
- Affairs (Lectures, Other)
- Affairs (Lectures, SB)
- Affairs (Letters 1949 - 1970)
- Affairs (Letters 1971 - 1977)
- Affairs (Other Books)
- Affairs (SB cantos 1 - 4)
- Affairs (SB cantos 5 - 12)
- As a rule, those who are not initiated may not enter into the kitchen affairs, but uninitiated members can work under the guidance of another initiated member when there is great need
- Common affair
- External affairs
- Household affairs
- Local affairs
- Mundane affairs
- Political affairs
- Religious affairs
- Spiritual affairs
- State affairs
- State of affairs
- Universal affairs
- Worldly affairs
- A boy loves a girl, a girl loves a boy. That is not love, that is lust. As soon as there is some disturbance in lusty affair, they divorce. So therefore that is not love
- A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles
- A family man has a responsibility to perform five kinds of sacrifices, called panca-yajna, in order to get relief from all kinds of unavoidable sinful reaction incurred in the course of his affairs
- A man becomes increasingly entangled in household affairs, so much so that leaving them becomes almost impossible. Thus the household becomes grham andha-kupam, a dark well into which the man has fallen
- A mundaner should not unnecessarily intrude into affairs of transcendence and thereby displease the Lord. One must always be on guard against this sort of devotional anomaly
- A pure devotee is callous about worldly advantages or reverses. As such, the devotees are never inclined to counteract personal defamation, curses, negligence, etc. As far as such things are concerned, in personal affairs the devotees do not care for them
- Acquiring transcendental knowledge does not mean that we become indifferent to our present state of affairs, but it means that we should not be overwhelmed by the coming and going of happiness and distress
- After a while, she (Mother Yasoda) became engaged in household affairs. At that time, a servant of Kamsa’s known as Trnavarta, as instructed by Kamsa, appeared there in the shape of a whirlwind
- After binding her son, mother Yasoda engaged herself in household affairs. At that time, bound up to the wooden mortar, Krsna could see a pair of trees before Him which were known as arjuna trees
- After Lord Brahma had stolen all of the calves, cows and cowherd boys from Krsna, he was trying to go away. But all of a sudden he became doubtful about his stealing affairs and began to watch on all sides with his eight eyes
- After mother Yasoda bound Krsna and became engaged in other household affairs, Krsna observed two yamala-arjuna trees, which were actually Nalakuvara and Manigriva, two sons of Kuvera who had been condemned by Narada Muni
- After seeing the King, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu condemned Himself, saying, "Oh, how pitiful it is that I have touched a person who is interested in mundane affairs"
- All the affairs of the entire world and the entire cosmic manifestation are working under His (Krsna's) direction, through His different energies. Still, when there is a need to take care of His friends, He does this personally
- All the missionary activities of the Lord are to be understood to be on the spiritual plane, and as such the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, or the cult of Bhagavata-dharma, has nothing to do with mundane affairs
- Although the incident of the kidnapping was not a very happy occurrence in the kingdom of Vidarbha, kidnapping was not an unusual affair among ksatriyas. Kidnapping was, in fact, current in almost all their marriages
- As confirmed in the Vedic literatures, tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet: one has to search out a guru to understand the affairs of the spiritual world
- As the Supersoul living in everyone's heart, Lord Krsna could understand their (the wives of the brahmanas) minds; they had come to Him despite all the protests of their relatives, fathers, husbands & brothers, & despite the duties of household affairs
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Because he (Sukracarya) used his power of mystic yoga for family affairs and not to realize the Supreme Personality of Godhead, this exercise in the magic of yoga was no better than the affairs of he-goats and she-goats
- Because Krsna and Balarama were fighting with Jarasandha just like ordinary human beings, the affair appeared wonderful
- Being extraordinarily intelligent, the King could understand the whole affair. In his estimation, Mukunda was a most uncommon, exalted, liberated personality
- Bhajananandi is interested for his own welfare, or they think it that he is not competent enough to preach; therefore he does not go for preaching work. Sva-vimukti-kama: "Let me look after my own affairs." "Oil your own machine"
- Brahmacari has no connection with worldly affairs. He's simply interested with the order of the spiritual master
- By yoga-maya, the Lord remains concealed to the nondevotees or casual devotees who are serving their sense gratification. The Lord is never visible to the pseudodevotees who worship the demigods in charge of universal affairs
- Demigods means almost God. They have got all godly qualities, and they are controller of the atmospheric affairs. Some of them are controlling rainy season, some of them controlling heat
- Democracy in spiritual affairs is not at all good but breeds power politics. We should be careful about power politics
- Devotional activities when mixed with the culture of knowledge are technically called jnana-yoga. But when such devotional activities transcend the limits of all such work or mental knowledge, this state of affairs is called pure transcendental devotion
- Earth, water, fire, air, ether, ego and the total material energy, as well as nature, the marginal energy, the living entities, the mind, the senses, the sense objects and the demigods who control the affairs of the cosmos
- Even mundane activities dovetailed with service to the Lord are also calculated to be transcendental or approved kaivalya affairs
- Even when I was a householder I was publishing Back To Godhead since 1947. But then my Spiritual Master dictated that I should take to writing books which will be a permanent affair
- Find out from the bank manager what the balance of these two accounts are and send the information to me immediately. Also, what is the progress with the municipal affairs?
- Five thousand years ago, when the social status of human society was in perfect Vedic order, the yoga process mentioned herein was a common affair for everyone
- Following the will of the S P of Godhead, I create, Lord Siva destroys, and He Himself in the form of Ksirodakasayi Visnu maintains all the affairs of material nature. Thus the supreme controller of the three modes of material nature is Lord Visnu
- For affairs of the material creation, Lord Maha-Visnu, the plenary portion of Krsna, is in charge. Thus, when the Lord descends, the incarnation emanates from Visnu
- For such a man (who is entangled in household affairs) to get out is extremely difficult unless he is helped by a strong person, the spiritual master, who helps the fallen person with the strong rope of spiritual instructions
- For the materialistic person, worldly affairs become too aggressive, whereas to a person who is in Krsna consciousness, everything appears to be happily situated
- From reports I have received it appears that affairs at Bhaktivedanta Manor and Bury Place London have deteriorated to the critical stage, and therefore I am asking you to go there immediately and see what can be done
- Gaurasundara has tried to make complete havoc of our affairs there but because I have faithful sons like yourself I think we shall be able to recover what he has tried to ruin
- Generally, the ksatriyas or the administrative class are always busy with their political affairs, and they have very little chance to hear about the transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna
- He (King Bahulasva) knew perfectly well that conditioned souls engaged in worldly affairs cannot be one hundred percent pure whereas the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His pure devotees are always transcendental to worldly contamination
- He (Krsna) therefore concluded, "This demigod who thinks himself supreme has shown his great power, but I shall answer him according to My position, and I shall teach him that he is not autonomous in managing universal affairs"
- He wanted to help me in any way in the government affairs. So immediately see him with some prasadam and flowers
- I am a little in anxiety on account of Bombay affairs. It is a question of fifteen lacs of rupees, but the matter has not been properly handled by our men in India
- I am always glad to know that you are there to help manage the affairs of the San Francisco center so I am glad that you have decided to remain there as president
- I am engaged by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to create. Following His orders, Lord Siva dissolves everything. The Supreme Personality of Godhead in His form of Ksirodakasayi Visnu maintains all the affairs of material nature
- I am in the fourth class of the social order, and I engage in mundane affairs. Although I am very fallen, You have still touched me. This is proof that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- I am old man. At the same time sick. Even if I am well, it is not possible for me to look after the affairs of the American house
- I am trying to retire from the administrative affairs, but if the presidents and GBC men make such disturbances then how I can be peaceful?
- I consider London as our prime center for spreading Krsna Consciousness Movement, so it is very important center and I therefore wanted that you take charge of the affairs and see that things are always improving
- I have got some reports that the deities in Bombay are being much neglected. This is most abominable affair. Radha and Krishna should not ever be neglected or left unprotected
- I have read your Vyasa Puja offering, so it will be a great pleasure to know whether Vyasa Puja was officially held in Nairobi. I am always anxious to know about Nairobi affairs. If you kindly send a report at least once a month, that will be appreciated
- I know from experience that Karandhara is a highly qualified devotee and I feel confident in placing him in such an important position for our society as head of affairs in India. It is a great relief for me
- I think that without you the New Zealand affair will not go on, but now you are leaving there to live on some farm in Australia. Of course, our serving Krishna is voluntary affair, so what can I say?
- I think you have to revive your position as GBC again and look after all the business of India affairs nicely. May Krsna bless you with all good sense. Your program submitted by you all jointly is tentatively accepted by me
- If a bona fide listener hears of Krsna's pastimes with the gopis, which seem to be lusty affairs, the lusty desires in his heart, which constitute the heart disease of the conditioned soul, will be vanquished...
- If a so-called spiritual master accepts a disciple for his personal benefit or for material gain, the relationship between the spiritual master and the disciple turns into a material affair, and the spiritual master becomes like a smarta-guru
- If a woman is attached to a man other than her husband, she will appear very busy in carrying out her household affairs, but within her heart she is always relishing feelings of association with her paramour
- If he has got elevation, he has degradation. This is common sense affairs. If you become rich, you can become poor also. Why that once you become rich and there is no question of becoming poor? Is that guaranteed
- If one is engaged in these family affairs only, sexual affairs, he's not a gosvami
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even such demigods as Lord Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender
- If we examine human affairs in the light of the caste system as created by the Personality of Godhead, surely we can visualize the four social orders functioning in every part of the world
- If you can manage such Prasadam eating place and the temple at one place it will super-excellent. I shall personally assist you in this affair because I like this idea very much
- In a later age, this sati rite became an obnoxious criminal affair because the ceremony was forced upon even an unwilling woman
- In affairs of spiritual advancement and even in ordinary dealings, you are on the level of his spiritual master. Yet not knowing his own value, he dares to advise you
- In all spiritual affairs, one's first duty is to control his mind and senses. Unless one controls his mind and senses, one cannot make any advancement in spiritual life
- In household affairs the first attraction is the beautiful and pleasing wife, who increases household attraction more and more. One enjoys his wife with two prominent sense organs, namely the tongue and the genitals
- In modern civilization the horses and elephants have been replaced by cars and conveyances with considerable horsepower. To maintain all the household affairs, one has to increase the bank balance and be careful about the treasury house
- In order to clear up further misconceptions about the rasa dance and the affairs of Krsna and the gopis, Maharaja Pariksit, the hearer of Srimad-Bhagavatam, told Sukadeva Gosvami
- In the material world everything is but a reflection of the spiritual world, and that reflection is perverted. We cannot understand the affairs of the spiritual world on the basis of our experience in the material world
- In this way He (Krsna) established many pious kings such as Yudhisthira at the helm of world affairs. Thus, by His divine arrangement, He created the good government of King Yudhisthira, and there ensued peace and tranquillity
- In Vedic culture, the welfare of the cows and the welfare of the brahmanas are essential. Without a proper arrangement for developing brahminical culture and protecting cows, all the affairs of administration will go to hell
- It is a common sense affair that if somebody takes the trouble of doing so many things for the last ten or twenty years and go there and touch the moon planet, come back, it is successful. So it may be complacence for him, but I don't think it is success
- It is a common sense affair. The God has given you independence. If you do something wrong, against the will of God, then you must suffer. Therefore we find so many varieties of living entities. In different grades of life
- It is a simple common sense affair to understand that matter comes from life. And the Supreme Life is Krsna
- It is learned from various scriptures that the demigods approach Lord Visnu in the ocean of milk and submit their grievances whenever there is some difficulty in the administration of universal affairs
- It is said that in Kali-yuga lying is a common affair: mayaiva vyavaharike. Even in the most common dealings, people are accustomed to speaking so many lies
- It is very common sense affair, that consciousness, that is the main thing in this body. So any intelligent man with common sense can understand this. Now, what is this consciousness? This consciousness is the symptom of the soul
- Jambavan identified Lord Krsna as the Supreme Personality, Lord Visnu, "My dear Lord, You are the creator of the creators of the universal affairs"
- Japan is now one of the world leaders, so I calculate it as one of our most important fields, therefore I feel some relief to know that you are a very intelligent and capable American boy in charge of such important affairs
- Just contrary to the affairs of Vrndavana is the material world, where no one is attracted by Krsna and everyone is attracted by maya. This is the difference between the spiritual and material worlds
- Just like we have got many universes within this material world, similarly, there are many spiritual planets in the spiritual world. These are common sense affairs. Why people will not understand
- Kardama Muni finished his household affairs quickly by his mystic power. The building of the castle in the air, traveling all over the universe with his wife in the company of beautiful girls, and begetting of children were finished
- Kardama Muni's sex indulgence was praised by many, many Siddhas, beings who have attained perfection, because it was intended to produce good progeny for the good of universal affairs
- Killing affair is very prominent in the Christian world. They are maintaining slaughterhouse very regularly, and they have manufactured a theory that animals have no soul, they do not feel - because they have to kill. "Give the dog a bad name and hang it"
- Krsna began to look at His mother, while the mendicant, who was standing in the door, tried to hide his smiling face, although he could not do so. He immediately expressed his smiling. In this instance, Krsna Himself is the object of laughing affairs
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful wife, you (Rukmini) know that because we are householders we are always busy in many household affairs and long for a time when we can enjoy some joking words between us. That is our ultimate gain in household life"
- Krsna said, "What, then, has Indra to do with this affair? Even if you (Nanda) do not please Indra, what can he do? We do not derive any special benefit from Indra. Even if he is there, he pours water on the ocean also, where there is no need of water"
- Krsna says, ye tu bhajanti mam bhaktya. One who is, I mean to say, entrapped in such love affairs with God, don't think that God is forgotten. God is also thinking in that way. Although you do not see, but you see
- Krsna went on speaking, "Engage yourselves in sacrificial activities and in the service of your husbands and household affairs so that your husbands will be pleased with you and the sacrifice which they have begun will be properly executed"
- Leaders of the government must be very honest and religious because otherwise all the affairs of the state will suffer. Unfortunately, in the name of democracy, rogues and thieves are electing other rogues and thieves to the most important posts
- Let the man & woman combine together, live peacefully. The woman takes charge of the household affairs, the man may take charge of bringing money, & they meet together, have Deity at home, together chant Hare Krsna. Where is the difficulty? That is unity
- Lord Siva said, "All of the demigods are directing different affairs of the universe by Your (Krsna's) grace only. Thus the seven upper planetary systems are maintained by Your grace"
- Lord Siva's desiring to see Lord Visnu reveal the most attractive and beautiful form of a woman (Mohini-murti) was certainly a joking affair. Lord Siva knew that he could not be agitated by any so-called beautiful woman
- Narada Muni's purpose was to get the sons of Prajapati Daksa to divert their attention toward spiritual realization instead of involving themselves in the ordinary but complicated affairs of propagation
- Nityananda became very angry with Sivananda Sena, who was in charge of the affairs of the party, and kicked him in loving anger. Sivananda Sena felt highly favored to have been kicked by Nityananda Prabhu
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- On the expiry of fourteen years, after settling the affairs at Lanka, the Lord came back to His kingdom, Ayodhya, by flower plane
- On the expiry of fourteen years, after settling the affairs at Lanka, the Lord came back to His kingdom, Ayodhya, by flower plane. He instructed His brother Satrughna to attack Lavnasura, who reigned at Mathura, and the demon was killed
- One day while Saubhari Muni, who was expert in chanting mantras, was sitting in a secluded place, he thought to himself about the cause of his falldown, which was simply that he had associated himself with the sexual affairs of the fish
- One should conduct his social, political and religious affairs according to His instructions. We are spreading the Krsna consciousness movement to try to establish a society the way that Krsna wants it. This is the meaning of Krsna consciousness
- One should not remain continually implicated in household affairs up to the time of death. He must leave. Family affairs and the wife may be taken charge of by a grown son
- One thing, I am drawing the attention of all the GBC that London affairs are not going very nicely. Of course it is improved since Mukunda has taken charge. The GBC should keep watch over London affairs. It is one of the most important centers of ISKCON
- One who is not inclined to the Vedic wisdom but to mundane affairs cannot be called a brahmana, even if he is born of a brahmana family or father. To have a brahmana father does not qualify one as a brahmana
- Our worshiping of Krsna, that is our internal affair. The external affair - we need to establish this theory (life comes from life). Otherwise they'll be leading this society. Misleading. They are misleading, not leading, misleading
- Personal affairs cannot be adjusted by rules and regulation; it can be adjusted by oneself, and then everything will be all right
- Purvacitti did not remain permanently with Maharaja Agnidhra. After cooperating in his household affairs, she left Maharaja Agnidhra and all nine sons and returned to Brahma to worship him
- Ramananda Raya's service to the gopis for the satisfaction of Krsna is purely an affair of the spiritual world. Unless one is fully situated in the spiritual atmosphere, the activities of Ramananda Raya are most difficult to understand
- Regarding general state of affairs at Amsterdam temple, I can understand there is some disturbance among you, but that is not to be taken very seriously
- Regarding kitchen affairs, as a rule those who are not initiated may not enter into the kitchen affairs
- Regarding the London affair, what can be done. This is the American and European habit of diplomacy. Unless there is spiritual advancement they will do by their nature like this
- Regarding your situation, it is nothing new for Westerners. This is a family matter. It is better to consult Bali Mardan how to manage your personal affairs. He is a grhastha, so you can speak with him
- Rukmini continued, 'If that which is enjoyable for the lion to eat is taken away by the jackal, it will be a ludicrous affair; therefore I request You (Krsna) to immediately take care of me before I am taken away by Sisupala and other princes like him'
- Satyabhama is a competitor of Srimati Radharani’s, but she always desires to come to the standard of Srimati Radharani. Radharani is so expert in all affairs that all the damsels of Vraja come to learn arts from Her
- Saubhari Rsi was engaged in austerity, deep in the water of the River Yamuna, when he saw a pair of fish engaged in sexual affairs
- Scientists, philosophers and politicians manufacture plans and schemes for the destruction of the world. They cannot do anything good for the world, and unfortunately, because of Kali-yuga, they have plunged the affairs of the world into mismanagement
- Send me a report of the Bombay affairs. You should send reports regularly. Copies of your letters may be sent to Los Angeles and New York during the next thirty days as I will be touring
- Since the devotees in the material world know almost nothing about these (free loving affairs) affairs, the Lord desires to show these affairs to them
- So-called worldly affairs
- Sometimes doubts arise in the minds of neophytes about whether or not the spiritual master is liberated, and sometimes neophytes are doubtful about the bodily affairs of the spiritual master
- Sometimes He (Lord Krsna) creates an awkward situation, and the devotee becomes obliged to renounce all worldly affairs. The devotee can understand by the signal of the Lord, but others take it to be unfavorable and frustrating
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in the renounced order and is very much detached from worldly affairs. He stays in solitary places, and even in dreams He does not grant interviews to a king
- Such affairs (Krsna and the gopis) appear like the ordinary lusty affairs of this material world, but there is a gulf of difference between the moods of Vrndavana and those of this material world
- Sukracarya was no better than Yayati, for both of them were interested in family affairs generated by sukra, or semen
- Talking with Akrura about all these affairs, she (Kunti) felt herself helpless and exclaimed, "My dear Krsna, my dear Krsna! You are the supreme mystic, the Supersoul of the universe. You are the real well-wisher of the whole universe"
- Temple affairs
- The association of a good wife is necessary in a life of karma and political affairs
- The competition of increasing beauty between the gopis and Krsna, which is without limitations, is so delicate that sometimes mundane moralists mistake these dealings to be purely amorous. But these affairs are not at all mundane
- The creator, Brahma, as the incarnation of the passion mode of the Personality of Godhead, creates the universal affairs with unfailing desires in every millennium by the force of the Lord's energy
- The cult of Bhagavata-dharma, has nothing to do with mundane affairs, sociology, politics, economic development or any such sphere of life. Srimad-Bhagavatam is the purely transcendental urge of the soul
- The demigods should not be despised by the controlled living beings. They are all great devotees of the Lord entrusted to execute certain functions of universal affairs
- The devotee should not hear Lord Visnu or His devotees blasphemed. (19) The devotee should avoid reading or hearing newspapers or mundane books that contain stories of love affairs between men and women or subjects palatable to the senses
- The devotees are never inclined to counteract personal defamation, curses, negligence, etc. As far as such things are concerned, in personal affairs the devotees do not care for them
- The generations of Rudra, the incarnation of anger, were so dangerous to the maintenance of universal affairs that even Brahma, the father of the living entities, became afraid of them
- The gopis are always liberated souls because they are fully in Krsna consciousness. They only pretended to be entangled in household affairs in Vrndavana
- The gopis said, "Instead of engaging our hearts in family affairs as women, we have now developed a different type of lust which is continually blazing in our hearts"
- The gopis said, "Your feet are worshiped and meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers. We wish that these lotus feet may also be awakened within our hearts, although we are only ordinary persons engaged in household affairs"
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The Kazi then joined the sankirtana party. The world was astonished at the spiritual power of the Great Lord, and hundreds and hundreds of heretics converted and joined the banner of Visvambhara after this affair
- The kings began to manage the affairs of their kingdoms in accordance with the instructions of Lord Krsna, and all those kings and their subjects passed their days very happily. This is a vivid example of a Krsna conscious society
- The Krsna conscious person is always free, even though he appears to be engaged in affairs of the senses
- The laborers in great factories and workshops are also engaged in such burdensome work, and after working hard during the day, the poor laborer has to be again kicked by the fair sex, not only for sex enjoyment but also for so many household affairs
- The Lord is independent and desireless. He does not create the material world for His own satisfaction as we create our household affairs to fulfill our material desires
- The lusty affairs of the gopis actually constitute the topmost love of Godhead because the gopis never act for their own personal satisfaction. They are simply pleased by engaging other gopis in the service of the Lord
- The reason is that they actually do not derive any ultimate transcendental happiness in the impersonal understanding and therefore must come down to the material platform and take to such mundane affairs
- The saffron dress worn by a sannyasi announces to the world that he has renounced all worldly affairs and is simply engaged in the service of the Lord
- The soul, while sleeping, creates false or temporary worlds in his mind; he becomes busy in many illusory activities - sometimes becoming a king, sometimes being murdered or sometimes going to an unknown city - and all these are simply temporary affairs
- The sun-god, who controls the affairs of the entire universe, especially in regard to heat, light, seasonal changes and so on, is considered an expansion of Narayana. He represents the three Vedas-Rg, Yajur and Sama-and therefore he is known as Trayimaya
- The sunshine, the sun disc and the inner affairs of the sun planet cannot be separated from one another, and yet the students of the three different phases are not in the same category
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead was engaged in His so-called household affairs in order to teach people how one can sanctify one's household life although one may be attached to the imprisonment of material existence
- The three predominating deities of this material world, namely Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva, are directing all the affairs of this cosmos, but who among them is the Supreme?
- The United Nations is trying to adjust things, the whole worldly affairs, by a United Nations organization, UNO. But they could not do anything. Because they do not know that how the nation should be united
- The Vedanta-sutra was compiled for persons already above the mundane topics, who might already have tasted the bitterness of the so-called happiness of mundane affairs
- The visitors said, "The Yadus appear to be always engaged in worldly affairs, which are considered to be the royal road to hell, but due to the presence of Lord Krsna, the original P.G in the Visnu category, who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent"
- The way of Vedic civilization is that whatever was used in household affairs had to be valuable. In case of need, such items of value could be exchanged immediately. Thus one's broken and unwanted furniture and paraphernalia would never be without value
- The woman takes charge of the household affairs, the man may take charge of bringing money, and they meet together, have Deity at home, together chant Hare Krsna. Where is the difficulty? That is unity
- There are many competitors in ordinary business affairs, and the karma-kanda chapters of the Vedas sometimes cause competition and envy amongst karmis
- There are six features of conjugal love affairs, called peacemaking, picking a quarrel, going to meet one's lover, sitting together, separation and support. Lord Krsna expanded an empire of these six features, of which He was the ruling prince
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of making paintings on the floor with a liquid paste of rice and flour; such paintings are very popular at auspicious ceremonies performed at household affairs or in the temple
- They (persons who cannot understand the transcendental nature of the love affairs of the gopis and Krsna) sometimes indulge in painting licentious pictures in some modernistic style
- They are both very exemplary devotees, and they are already trained in managing all areas of Sankirtana Party and temple affairs. So their presence will be a great help to you
- This became almost a daily affair. Raghunatha would run away from home, and his father would again bring him back. Then Raghunatha dasa's mother spoke to his father as follows
- This is Kali-yuga. Now this adulteration, prostitution, is common affair, common affair. Nobody sees other's wife as his mother, nobody. And neither the woman sees other's husband as father
- Though claiming that the world is an illusion -- jagan mithya -- such an unsuccessful transcendentalist then becomes entangled in political, social, and altruistic affairs
- To maintain all the household affairs, one has to increase the bank balance and be careful about the treasury house
- To open a branch and to conduct it nicely according to our line of action is the path of Krishna Consciousness. In my absence in New York the students are nicely managing affairs. They, although feeling my absence, are not discouraged
- We are neither Indian or American; our real identity is that we are all servants of Krsna. Always remember this philosophy and all these external affairs will not trouble you
- We are simply presenting the truth, which is that outside of Krsna Consciousness there is no hope for betterment of the troubled conditions of modern affairs, rather they are going to hell without check
- We have got about twenty GBC's for looking after the whole world affair, and above the GBC, I am there, and under the GBC's there are presidents, treasurers, secretaries in each and every center
- When an advanced, realized devotee hears about the affairs of the devotees of Vrndavana - in the mellows of santa, dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhurya - he becomes inclined in one of these ways, and his intelligence becomes attracted
- When devotional activities transcend the limits of all work or mental knowledge, this state of affairs is called pure transcendental devotion, or bhakti-yoga
- When one kind of ecstatic devotional service overlaps with another in a conflicting way, this state of affairs is called rasabhasa, or perverted presentation of mellows
- When Raghunatha dasa Gosvami’s father and uncle were to be arrested by government officials, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami hid them and personally met the government officers and settled the affair diplomatically
- When the cook was cutting the fish, he found within its stomach a nice baby (Pradyumna), which he immediately presented to the charge of Mayavati, who was an assistant in the kitchen affairs
- When the father is going to give birth to a child, it is not a secret affair. It is open affair. "Now this is the good, auspicious day, and today the father will implant the seed of the son in the womb of the mother." There is great function
- When we read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is understood that we are receiving personal instructions of Krsna. No physical barrier is there in the case of spiritual affairs
- While offering himself as a fully surrendered soul, he said, "My mind, my household affairs, my body, whatever is in my possession, my dear Lord, I offer to You for Your service. Now You can do with them as You like"
- Why the brahmana community as a whole was made responsible for allowing Kali into the world affairs
- Will you kindly send me a detailed report of your activities regarding Mayapur affairs? Please send me a report every week & oblige
- You manage your affairs peacefully and independently, and try to improve the spiritual atmosphere of the centers more carefully
- You may come and see me after September 3rd in Vrndavana where we can discuss all these affairs. There is also a nice guest house there
- Your description of how you are managing is nice. This is management. The British government was conducting the management of 600 million people with just 200 Britishers. We cannot expect all foreigners to come and manage Mayapur affairs