Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Yuga"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- According to the age, O my Lord, You protect the principles of religion. In the age of Kali, however, You do not assert Yourself as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore You are known as Triyuga, or the Lord who appears in three yugas
- At the end of every four yugas, the great saintly persons, upon seeing that the eternal occupational duties of mankind have been misused, reestablish the principles of religion
- In Candi, in the Markandeya Purana, Eleventh Chapter, Mahamaya says, "During the twenty-eighth yuga in the period of Vaivasvata Manu, I shall take birth as the daughter of Yasoda and be known as Vindhyacala-vasini."
- In every yuga the same thing is there, they forget the Lord and to maintain their body they work very hard day and night
- In every yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, assumes the form of great yogis such as Dattatreya to teach the system of mystic yoga
- In every yuga, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, assumes the form of Siddhas such as Sanaka to preach transcendental knowledge and He assumes the form of great saintly persons such as Yajnavalkya to teach the way of karma
- In Kali-yuga vice increases to such a point that at the termination of the yuga the Supreme Lord Himself appears as the Kalki avatara, vanquishes the demons, saves His devotees, and commences another Satya-yuga
- In the four yugas - Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali - the Lord incarnates in four colors: white, red, black and yellow respectively. These are the colors of the incarnations in different millenniums
- In the other three yugas - Satya, Treta and Dvapara - people perform different types of spiritual activities. Whatever results they achieve in that way, they can achieve in Kali-yuga simply by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- In this Age of Kali there is no lila-avatara of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore He is known as Triyuga. That is one of His holy names
- In this age of Kali, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Bhagavan) does not appear as a lilavatara, an incarnation to display pastimes. Therefore He is known as tri-yuga
- O Sanatana, now hear from Me about the yuga-avataras, the incarnations for the millenniums. First of all, there are four yugas - Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga and Kali-yuga
- Outside of the three planetary systems (Svarga, Martya and Patala), the four yugas multiplied by one thousand comprise one day on the planet of Brahma. A similar period comprises a night of Brahma, in which the creator of the universe goes to sleep
- The duration of the material universe is limited. It is manifested in cycles of kalpas. A kalpa is a day of Brahma, and one day of Brahma consists of a thousand cycles of four yugas, or ages: Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali
- The incarnations such as Matsya, the fish incarnation, appear in different yugas for specific pastimes
- The Lord lay down for four thousand yuga cycles in His internal potency, and by His external energy He appeared to be sleeping within the water
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead appears as incarnations in different yugas
- The transitional periods before and after every millennium, which are a few hundred years as aforementioned, are known as yuga-sandhyas, or the conjunctions of two millenniums, according to the expert astronomers
- There are different yugas, millennium, and there are different processes. In this age, this is the process, kalau sankirtana, hari-kirtanat, simply chanting. Sit down anywhere, everywhere, and go on chanting, chanting, chanting
- There are fourteen Manus during a day of Brahma, and the age of each Manu lasts for seventy-one yugas. Thus there are thousands of Manus during the life of Brahma
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- Thus I have given a description of the incarnations of the four different yugas. After hearing all this, Sanatana Gosvami gave an indirect hint to the Lord
- Twenty-seven catur-yugas have already passed. Those upon whom you may have decided are now gone, and so are their sons, grandsons and other descendants. You cannot even hear about their names
- We get an idea of Brahma's day from the following statement of the Bhagavad-gita: "By human calculation, a thousand yuga cycles taken together is Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night."
- We know that there are four ages (yugas), namely Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali. These four together constitute one divya-yuga