Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
yoghurt | yogurt | yogurts
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Yogurt (22 P)
Pages in category "Yogurt"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- Cida-dadhi mahotsava (festival of chipped rice and yogurt)
- In Panihati, following the order of Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa observed a festival - cida-dadhi-mahotsava - by distributing chipped rice mixed with yogurt
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that Visnu is like milk, whereas Siva is like yogurt
- Ocean of yogurt
- Yogurt culture
- Abundant honey can be obtained if the forests are protected. Unfortunately, in modern civilization, men are busy killing the cows that are the source of yogurt, milk and ghee, they are cutting down all the trees that supply honey
- After saying this, the Lord ate the rice mixed with yogurt and offered Caitanya dasa the remnants of His food
- All the islands (the seven islands in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) are completely surrounded by these oceans (consisting of salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water)
- Ample food grains can be produced through agricultural enterprises, and profuse supplies of milk, yogurt and ghee can be arranged through cow protection
- Anyone who came to see how these funny things were going on was also fed chipped rice, yogurt and bananas
- As usual, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced jubilantly. Everyone was covered with milk, yogurt and yellow turmeric water
- Do not neglect sukuta because it is a bitter preparation. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu derived more happiness from eating this sukuta than from drinking pancamrta (a preparation of milk, sugar, ghee, honey and yogurt)
- During the festival at the installation ceremony, some people sang and some danced. All the milk, yogurt and clarified butter in the village were brought to the festival
- Each and every one of them was supplied two earthen pots - one of chipped rice soaked in yogurt and the other of chipped rice soaked in condensed milk
- Enjoying the ceremony, they threw on one another liquid substances like water, oil, milk, butter and yogurt. Some even smeared these on each other's bodies. In this way, they enjoyed the occasion
- Everyone was offered two earthen pots. In one was put chipped rice with condensed milk, and in the other chipped rice with yogurt
- Having dressed up like cowherd boys, all the devotees carried pots of milk and yogurt balanced on rods over their shoulders. Thus they all arrived at the festival grounds chanting the holy name of Hari
- He (Caitanya dasa, the son of Sivananda Sena) offered yogurt, limes, ginger, soft bada and salt. Seeing all these arrangements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased
- He offered yogurt, limes, ginger, soft bada and salt. Seeing all these arrangements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased
- Hundreds and thousands of preparations can be made out of grains, vegetables, ghee, milk and yogurt. The food offered to Gopala in the Annakuta ceremony contained only these five ingredients
- If you know what is milk, then you know what is butter, what is cheese, what is yogurt, everything, because everything is milk product. So if you know Krsna, everything is Krsna product, so you know everything. That is universal knowledge
- In accordance with the Vedic custom, they (the ladies and girls of Mathura) took yogurt mixed with fresh green grass and strewed it here and there to make the victory jubilation even more auspicious
- In His (Krsna's) left palm He was holding a lump of food prepared with yogurt, butter, rice and pieces of fruit salad, which could be seen through His petallike finger-joints
- In one place, chipped rice was soaked in hot milk in each of the large pots. Then half the rice was mixed with yogurt, sugar and bananas
- In order to prepare nutritious food we require only grains, ghee, yogurt and milk
- In the month of Sravana (during Caturmasya) one should not eat spinach, in the month of Bhadra one should not eat yogurt, and in the month of Asvina one should not drink milk
- In the month of Sravana one should not eat spinach, in the month of Bhadra one should not eat yogurt, and in the month of Asvina one should not drink milk. One should not eat fish or other nonvegetarian food during the month of Karttika
- In the morning, the gopis prepared for morning arati by lighting their lamps and sprinkling butter mixed with yogurt. After finishing their mangala-arati, they engaged themselves in churning butter from yogurt
- In two places there were earthen pots filled with another preparation made with yogurt, sandesa (a sweetmeat made with curd) and banana. I am unable to describe it all
- Indeed, they are compared to a combination of yogurt, candy, ghee, honey, black pepper, camphor and cardamom, which, when mixed together, are very tasty and sweet
- Men are busy killing cows that are the source of yogurt, milk and ghee, they are cutting down all the trees that supply honey, and they are opening factories to manufacture nuts, bolts, automobiles and wine instead of engaging in agriculture
- Milk and salt should never be mixed, it is improper, and will cause leprosy. But salt can be mixed with yogurt
- Milk changes into yogurt when mixed with a yogurt culture, but actually it is constitutionally nothing but milk. Similarly, Govinda, the S P of Godhead, assumes the form of Lord Siva (Sambhu) for the special purpose of material transactions
- Milk is transformed into yogurt when it associates with a yogurt culture. Thus yogurt is nothing but milk, but still it is not milk
- Mother Yasoda would inform them (the elder gopis, "All right, keep your butter and yogurt carefully so that They (Krsna and Balarama) may not reach it"
- On Janmastami, Lord Krsna's birthday, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed Himself as a cowherd boy. At that time He carried a balance with pots of yogurt and wheeled a rod about
- Once one of Krsna's friends informed Him, "My dear Krsna, if You will open Your mouth, then I shall give You one nice sugar candy mixed with yogurt"
- One may get indigestion due to eating too many milk preparations - (…) sweet rice, and so on. But even though there is indigestion or diarrhea, another milk preparation - yogurt mixed with black pepper and salt - will immediately cure these maladies
- One should bathe Him with milk. (17) Then one should bathe Him with yogurt. (18) Then one should bathe Him with ghee. (19) Then one should bathe Him with honey. (20) Then one should bathe Him with water in which sugar has been dissolved
- Panca-gavya, the five products received from the cow, namely milk, yogurt, ghee, cow dung and cow urine, are required in all ritualistic ceremonies performed according to the Vedic directions
- Pots of yogurt, milk, buttermilk and sikharini, sweet rice, cream and solid cream were placed alongside the vegetables
- Pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- She (mother Saci) offered rice cooked from sali paddies, various kinds of vegetables, spinach, curry made of banana flowers, fried patola with nimba leaves, pieces of ginger with lemon, and also yogurt, milk, sugar candy and many other foods
- Some people would bring grain and deliver it to Balabhadra Bhattacarya. Others would bring milk and yogurt, and still others would bring ghee and sugar
- Srivasa Thakura continued to address Svarupa Damodara, "Your gopis are engaged in boiling milk and churning yogurt, but my mistress, the goddess of fortune, sits on a throne made of jewels and gems"
- Subuddhi Raya used to spend his savings to supply yogurt to Bengali Vaisnavas who came to Mathura. He also gave them cooked rice and oil massages. When he saw a poverty-stricken Vaisnava, he would use his money to feed him
- Subuddhi Raya wanted to serve the Vaisnavas according to their needs. Therefore he would supply yogurt to ease the digestion of food eaten in Mathura, particularly the capatis and rotis made with wheat
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "In His (Krsna's) left hand He would hold a lump of rice paste with yogurt, and in His fingers would be pilu, the king of fruits"
- The brahmanas thereafter began to offer oblations to the sacrificial fire with yogurt, butter, kusa grass and water. They worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead for the good fortune of the child (Lord Krsna)
- The cows delivered five products, namely milk, yogurt, ghee, urine and cow dung, and spring personified collected everything produced in spring, during the months of Caitra and Vaisakha (April and May)
- The elder gopis said, "When Krsna and Balarama are caught stealing the yogurt and butter, They say," ‘Why do you charge Us with stealing? Do you think that butter and yogurt are in scarcity in Our house?'
- The elder gopis said, "Your Krsna and Balarama find great pleasure in stealing our stock of yogurt and butter from wherever we keep it"
- The expert physician gives you yogurt mixed with some medicine. Actually medicine is just to bluff the patient. Actually the yogurt will act
- The fifth island, Sakadvipa, which is 25,600,000 miles wide, is surrounded by an ocean of yogurt. Its master is Medhatithi, another son of Maharaja Priyavrata. It is also divided into seven regions, each with a large mountain and a large river
- The gopis said, "If out of fear of these naughty boys we keep our stock of butter & yogurt high on the ceiling, hanging on a swing, although it is beyond Their reach They arrange to reach it by piling all kinds of wooden planks over the grinding machine"
- The inhabitants of the village brought to the Deity of Gopala as much food grains, ghee, yogurt and milk as they had in their village
- The miserable conditions of this material world can be corrected by a sufficient supply of milk, yogurt, honey, ghee, molasses, food grains, ornaments, bedding, sitting places and so on
- The miserable conditions of this material world can be corrected by a sufficient supply of milk, yogurt, honey, ghee, molasses, food grains, ornaments, bedding, sitting places and so on. This is human civilization
- The pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are like sikharini, a blend of yogurt and sugar candy. They overpower the pride of even the nectar produced on the moon
- The seven oceans (in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) respectively contain salt water, sugarcane juice, liquor, clarified butter, milk, emulsified yogurt, and sweet drinking water
- Their wealth was in milk, yogurt, clarified butter and many other milk products, and by trading their agricultural products, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were rich in various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments
- There were yogurt, milk, butter, buttermilk, fruit juice, a preparation made of fried yogurt and sugar candy, and salty mung-dhal sprouts with shredded ginger
- These tastes are like a combination of yogurt, sugar candy, ghee (clarified butter), black pepper and camphor and are as palatable as sweet nectar
- They (Advaita Acarya and others) offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach and soup made with bitter melon
- They offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, cheese, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, & fried patola
- Thus I have described the pastimes of Lord Nityananda Prabhu in relation to the celebrated festival of chipped rice and yogurt
- Water mixed with yogurt, sandalwood pulp and flowers was sprinkled all around the doors, which were also decorated with burning lamps of different sizes. Over all the doors were decorations of fresh mango leaves and silk festoons
- When bathing the Deity in the abhiseka ceremony with various liquids, such as milk, honey, yogurt, ghee, cow dung and cow urine, it is customary to supply yellow garments
- When Deities are installed, They are washed with milk, yogurt and water, and this ceremony is called abhiseka
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived, Lord Nityananda Prabhu stood up. They then saw how the others were enjoying the chipped rice with yogurt and condensed milk
- When the cowherd men saw the pastimes of the cowherd women, they became very joyful, and in response they also began to throw yogurt, milk, clarified butter and water upon the bodies of the gopis. Then both parties began to throw butter on each other
- When the shopkeepers of many other villages heard about the festival, they arrived there to sell chipped rice, yogurt, sweetmeats and bananas
- When there is a profuse supply of milk, yogurt, honey, food grains, ghee, molasses, dhotis, saris, bedding, sitting places and ornaments, the residents are actually opulent
- Yogurt can be prepared in the temple, it is not very difficult. Boil the milk at night, put a little yogurt in it, and next morning you will find it full of yogurt
- Yogurt mixed with sugar candy, black pepper and camphor is very palatable and tasty. Similarly, when permanent ecstasy mixes with other ecstatic symptoms, it becomes unprecedentedly tasty